Do you think having all the reporters standing up for PRESIDENT Barack Obama when he walks in for a media conference is a little too much or is it a signed of respect?

Rodrigopinacio 2009/05/11 03:36:48
Yes, by the reporters standing up when PRESIDENT Barack Obama walks in to a media coference, it shows the respect that they all have for our PRESIDENT!
No, there's no need for reporters to stand up! Afer all it's just a PRESIDENT right?
I'm not sure!

• Change Happens 2009/05/11 15:35:02
    Yes, by the reporters standing up when PRESIDENT Barack Obama walks in to a m...
    Change Happens
    +1
    This is done, period paragraph, for every President, or you don't sit in the White House media room after the first time you do NOT stand up.
  • The Bantam Seditioner 2009/05/11 11:25:42
    No, there's no need for reporters to stand up! Afer all it's just a PRESIDENT...
    The Bantam Seditioner
    This country was founded on the idea that no one man is more worthy of another just because of a title or position of authority.

I wouldn't have stood for Bush and I wouldn't stand for Obama. He's just a man.
  • Rodrigo... The Ban... 2009/05/11 16:09:05
    Rodrigopinacio
    A little position of authority?
    How about if he was:
    position authority
  • 7leads 2009/05/11 04:24:41
    I'm not sure!
    7leads
    +1
    Actually they didn't do it for Bush...At first they did and after awhile...they just stayed sitted....It was on the news comparing the two at press conferences...it was funny because nobody stood for Bush...and when Obama did his walk into the press room unexpected..they the media almost fell over trying to figure out what to do. I am strictly talking about Press Conferences...During big gatherings, yes..it is proper to stand for any P

room unexpected media figure strictly talking press conferences gatherings proper resident.
  • Diomedes 2009/05/11 03:43:04
    Diomedes
    +1
    They did the same thing for Bush.It`s a sign of proper respect for the President no matter who the President is.I don`t care if the President is Republican or Democrat,when the President enters the room,you STAND UP.

2014/09/24 00:36:10