Do you think Chiropractors are fake doctors?

spidermonkey™POTL~PWCM~JLA☮Paul 2009/02/03 13:10:20
yes, because
no, because

• JinFizz 2009/02/03 13:21:54
    no, because
    JinFizz
    +3
    Absolutely not...my daughter dated a chiropractor for a couple years and really straightened out her neck/shoulder issues which were carry overs from an accident when she was a teenager. Also, my sister goes weekly. It is amazing what they know about the human anatomy as well as nutrition.

• Steve SOMERS 2012/03/23 00:45:34 (edited)
    yes, because
    Steve SOMERS
    Yes - because nothing is physically fixed

The fake skill of making synovial fluid pop in your joints is doing more harm than good and seems to con people that something (good) has been done
  • princess 2011/12/24 23:45:33
    no, because
    princess
    +1
    My chiropractor literally saved my life. There's nothing "fake" about the practice.
  • Emma 2009/12/11 15:58:41
    yes, because
    Emma
    I have recently had an initial visit with a Chiro and was told if they can't help me I don't have to pay. Anyway she said that she didn't know for sure why I was in pain or for definate what was causing it but that they could help me by out by offering me nerve scan etc and so "the fee would apply" in her exact words. £45.00 later and I was outside on the street feeling like I'd just been run over by a steam roller and none the wiser as to why I'm in pain. Fraudsters AVOID at all costs!
  • pet peeve 2009/11/26 06:57:36
    yes, because
    pet peeve
    there's a few alignment problems they can help with, but in general they are con men. nerve damage? forget about it- they will recommend 2 years of visits. coincidentally, it takes 2 years for the body itself to repair nerve damage. there's not a problem they won't string you along on, but can only actually help with a few.
    in my estimation they prey on folks desparate for relief. scumbags!
  • Bilbo 2009/08/07 18:35:36
    yes, because
    Bilbo
    +2
    Quote from its founder, Daniel Palmer: "we must have a religious head, one who is the founder, as did Christ, Mohamed, Jo. Smith, Mrs. Eddy, Martin Luther and other who have founded religions. I am the fountain head. I am the founder of chiropractic in its science, in its art, in its philosophy and in its religious phase."

Don't even waste time looking for an evidential basis for it. The guy who dreamed it up didn't even think in those terms.
  • Clarky 2009/02/11 02:11:38
    Clarky
    +1
    IDK, my mom and sister go to one and swear by it, some of it is covered by their insurance.
  • poet4justice 2009/02/08 05:05:38
    no, because
    poet4justice
    +1
    they are not but they make you feel wonderful
  • Mrs. Daydreamer :) 2009/02/06 01:16:01
    no, because
    Mrs. Daydreamer :)
    +1
    mine makes my leg and hip stop hurting when i can afford to go. most know what they are doing even if it seems they are doing nothing. they move stuff slowly
  • spiderm... Mrs. Da... 2009/02/06 01:52:14
    spidermonkey™POTL~PWCM~JLA☮Paul
    +1
    Tx....
  • Ryan 2009/02/05 05:36:45
    Ryan
    +1
    they seem a little bit like they are hiding something, but they can prescribe 215's
  • spiderm... Ryan 2009/02/05 06:03:56
    spidermonkey™POTL~PWCM~JLA☮Paul
    What's that?
  • celticdragonfly 2009/02/04 21:22:44
    no, because
    celticdragonfly
    +1
    I had sciatica for years. I took medication, had surgery and did physical therapy...nothing worked. Then I went to a chiropractor 3 times a week for 2 months and the pain was gone. At first I thought it was a gimic, but I figured why not try. Boy am I glad I did!
  • spiderm... celticd... 2009/02/04 21:31:38
    spidermonkey™POTL~PWCM~JLA☮Paul
    +1
    That's wonderful.................
  • emmamess ~ In My Conscience... 2009/02/03 22:58:31
    no, because
    emmamess ~ In My Conscience I Trust ~`
    +1
    some are much more knowledgeable and give much better care than others though.
  • spiderm... emmames... 2009/02/03 23:09:08
    spidermonkey™POTL~PWCM~JLA☮Paul
    +1
    That's true....
  • F-18 IN GOD WE TRUST 2009/02/03 21:37:31
    yes, because
    F-18 IN GOD WE TRUST
    +1
    They never did me any good.
  • nada 2009/02/03 19:25:51
  • spiderm... nada 2009/02/03 22:29:51
  • nada spiderm... 2009/02/04 02:39:39
  • spiderm... nada 2009/02/04 05:15:18
    spidermonkey™POTL~PWCM~JLA☮Paul
    +1
    You out did youself....that was perfect...tx
  • nada spiderm... 2009/02/05 01:04:37
  • Gwynodd 2009/02/03 18:27:18
    Gwynodd
    +1
    Can't say.......I've only been to one in my life and to be honest he didn't help me at all. But, truly, I don't trust anyone adjusting my spine. So, I am leary of all Chiropractors.
  • curlysue -"In God We Trust" 2009/02/03 17:41:09
    no, because
    curlysue -"In God We Trust"
    +2
    I have seen several people go into a chiropractors office that could hardly walk or stand up straight and come out walking. My dad got down in his back one time and he could not stand up straight. He went to a chiropractor and came out walking straight and hasn't had any problems since. So I think they can help you - maybe more- than medical doctors.
  • Differe... curlysu... 2009/02/03 17:43:25
    Different  ♥
    +1
    That's great to hear.
    =]
  • Different ♥ 2009/02/03 17:40:32
    no, because
    Different  ♥
    +1
    I know many people that use the services of chiropractors. My niece takes her son who has cerebral palsy and there is a noted improvement in muscle spasms and coordination among other things.
  • kmay 2009/02/03 15:10:39
    no, because
    kmay
    +2
    Because if you know physiology you know all nerves are connected to the spine so if the spine is out of allignment the body does not function properly.

They keep you healthy without drugs! That is why Big Pharm and M.D.'s put them down. Follow the money....
  • Differe... kmay 2009/02/03 17:42:10
    Different  ♥
    +1
    I agree. I prefer alternative to conventional.
  • Candi~playin 2009/02/03 14:38:30 (edited)
    yes, because
    Candi~playin
    +2
    Chiropractors will find something wrong with everyones spine..worked briefly for one!
  • spiderm... Candi~p... 2009/02/03 22:32:48
    spidermonkey™POTL~PWCM~JLA☮Paul
    +2
    I've never been to one.........but I did work for an insurance company...handled injury claims...and chiro seems to be like vultures on those people....but not all are like that...........I'm sure...
  • Candi~p... spiderm... 2009/02/04 23:04:53
    Candi~playin
    They freak me out with how they crack your body..lol
  • scotty 2009/02/03 13:44:47
    yes, because
    scotty
    +1
    i see people who go to the chiropractor to get this or that fixed, but it doesn't seem like they get better. it seems like they keep going back and back again. the guy makes them feel better, but he's not fixed anything. and that seems to be the goal. income stream. whereas if you go to a physical therapist they fix it by teaching you to do things differently.

and the cures attributed to adjusting the spine just seem like hokum. liver problems? oh, a little adjustment will fix that... any scientific evidence supporting that? my sisters cousin's friend's dog's friend's owner's aunt got better...

plus i'm remembering that chiropractors don't have the same schooling as say an orthopaedist or an md.
  • spiderm... scotty 2009/02/03 22:33:19
    spidermonkey™POTL~PWCM~JLA☮Paul
    +1
    Your right they don't.....................
  • Matthew... scotty 2011/05/23 03:00:27
    Matthew McClelland
    +2
    What you need to understand is that there are different types of Chiropractors. SOT, Gonstead, Diversified etc. I am a chiropractic student, and honestly I'm not sure if it's hokus pokus either. I look for evidence every day to support what I believe, yet most of the time I don't find it. However, with that said, I have been to probably 5 chiro's in my life. It's like finding a good GP- one time you might have a rude person who 'knows' everything, next you may have an awesome one that gives you the right medication.

Furthermore, I'm studying atm, and I have never worked so hard in my life studying the anatomy like crazy- which is what orthopaedists do! I'm not someone who does something without knowledge about it, but I believe that people cannot judge the chiropractic profession from one visit, or from one practitioner.

To your comment about chiropractors not having the same schooling an an orthopaedist or an md; do physiotherapist or OT's or P and O's have the same schooling? We do a large amount of the same work in which physio's do.

Now, the subluxation complex. Not really sure about that at all. Makes me cringe really. Until there is information about it I will not support it. However, vertebral misallignment i believe, and this supports majority of the chiropractors work.
  • Moderated 2009/02/03 13:38:56
    Moderated
    +1
    I'm wary of the ones that accept insurance. I get *real* treatment from the ones that don't.
  • JinFizz 2009/02/03 13:21:54
    no, because
    JinFizz
    +3

2014/07/24 17:47:11