DO YOU THINK BEING GAY IS A SIN??

Foxyboy233 2009/07/05 18:18:27
NO! I LOVE GAYS!!
Being gay is a sin!!
I'm gay and the churches hate me in my town! Like people call me fag and they all hate me!Do you think it's a sin?

• ich1ban J 2009/08/10 19:41:00 (edited)
    ich1ban
    I am not condemning anyone, for I have not judged. I have simply shown the way and word of the lord as it is written. I hate the sin not the sinner. I love gays, not their unnatural acts.

In essence, you have judged me wrongfully when I actually was stating something else.
  • J ich1ban 2009/08/10 20:20:07
    J
    ich1ban,

The beguiler teaches to hate... Even hating a sin.. Christ died on the cross to forgive sins.. Not hate.. To be Christ like a Christian must love the sinner and FORGIVE the sin..

However you have judged and you have justified hating... Not very Christ like. You really need to read the Bible before bashing people with it. I suggest Mathew and pay attention to the story of the Master and the servant...
  • ich1ban J 2009/08/10 20:38:05
    ich1ban
    I don't know why you keep convicting me, I have not bashed anyone here. Basically what you have just told me is hating the sin is wrong, and the opposite of hating the sin, is loving the sin. I philosophically disagree with you there.

Since you have refuted to believe Romans1, I will give you other examples that your learning is flawed.

Timothy1:8
    Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it legitimately. 9This means understanding that the law is laid down not for the innocent but for the lawless and disobedient, for the godless and sinful, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their father or mother, for murderers, 10fornicators, sodomites, slave traders, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to the sound teaching

Corinthians 6:9-10
    Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, 10thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers--none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.
  • J ich1ban 2009/08/10 21:03:12
    J
    ich1ban,

I said "FORGIVE" so please never try to put your words in my mouth again... Saying I said anything differently is false witness.

Christ died to FORGIVE sin. The very foundation of Christianity is an admission nobody is perfect and they will be forgiven their sins. Depending on the motivation, even those they don't stop.

Ok, so, you hit the last 2 sections of the Bible the conservative christians quote.

In Timothy only the word sodomites can be twisted and applied to homosexuals. However, we are back to bad being good or bad thing... Sodomites were the people of Sodom... The people who didn't offer charity to visitors and at times raped them... So, only a prejudiced bigot could twist the word "Sodomites" to meaning homosexuals. You quoted the Bible but don't seem to have read the words... Sorry...

Then you jump to Corintians... Again, read the word.. Sodomites were the people of Sodom... Not homosexuals...

You can fundamentally disagree with me when I say Christ died to forgive our sins. However, I have trouble seeing how you consider yourself Christian if you do...
  • ich1ban J 2009/08/10 21:50:02
    ich1ban
    Well, you seem to misunderstand things easily and assimilate what you view into what I don't. I never disagreed with Christ forgiving of sins. Christ died for our sins, but it doesn't make sin okay to do. It still harms you and others around you. That is why you have to repent for the sin you commit.

You seem to be very quick to judge others without taking a good look at yourself and what you are saying.

If the bible doesn't make it clear, then maybe nature will. If it is not wrong to be a homosexual, then why does everything in nature suggest so? The average lifespan of homosexual/lesbian is in the low to mid 40s.
    http://redblueamerica.com/blo...
  • J ich1ban 2009/08/10 22:14:55
    J
    ich1ban,

My point is that the Bible does not condemn homosexuality at all... My original statement holds true to the Bible. Those manipulations you've attempted do not hold true. Simply being homosexual isn't a Biblical sin.

You claimed Love the sinner and hate the sin... The Beguiler's words you used! God judges, not you. And God forgives infinately even if you do not. Hence the teachings of Christ are really Love the Sinner and FORGIVE the sin.

Now, you quote lies trying to justify bigotry... BTW, your link doesn't work...Yes, I said LIES.. The 40's number comes from a man named Paul Cameron who only looked at obituaries. Mr. Cameron is a professed bigot and produced biased, unscientific results...

You have odd sources and beliefs for someone claiming to be Christian...
  • ich1ban J 2009/08/10 22:49:34 (edited)
    ich1ban
    Actually, there are many different sources that quote that, the man that I got a reference from was not Paul Cameron. His last name was Bennett. I am just going to say we can agree to disagree.

We aren't going to get much further than this. I believe that homosexuality is wrong and bad for society as nature suggests. You hold a progressive view that Adam and Steve is okay. You can have your opinion, I really don't want to comment anymore b/c you just cast me as a bigot and bashing people with the bible when I am just suggesting texts from scripture. All you are doing is bashing me for simply having a different opinion. That is not fair, so I am done here. Blessings to all!
  • J ich1ban 2009/08/10 23:18:37 (edited)
    J
    ich1ban,

Bill Bennett quoted Cameron in the New Republic in Jan 1998... Sorry, but the source of the lie is still Paul Cameron...

Nature has homosexual penguins, mosquito's and every other species as well. So, your claim of natural is once again false.

If you want to use the Bible to bash people, you should friggin read it!! You're claims of what it says are false! Hey, they don't even hold up for the parts you cut and paste from the beguiler whom you follow. You jumped onto my post and posted lies and bigoted views. I've actually been fairly nice responding to you despite your abuse of the Bible...
  • ich1ban J 2009/08/11 06:50:50
    ich1ban
    One thing is for sure, the world's smartest man to ever live agrees with my views. That man is Sir Isaac Newton. Again you make false witness, by typecasting me into someone I am not by calling me a bigot. If you shall make the claim that only goes to show what type of person you are for I have not thrown any stones. I am using what the text says to defend what I have written. It is only common sense to know a person that spreads AIDS around more quickly will die a younger age. Even if the average age is not 43, it is definitely not the national average of 78. 10s of thousands of young in Africa die everyday in Africa. It is well known that the overwhelmingly majority of gays contract AIDS sometime in their lifetime. The average age in Cape Town has dropped significantly to 40 years old. That is a poorer community, and if one here contracts AIDS in your 20s, you have about 20 to 30 years to live with current technology and medicine.

The apostle Peter warned me of people like you. "As there were false prophets in the past history of our people, so you too will have your false teachers, who will insinuate their own disruptive views"

Thank you for being somewhat civil....
  • J ich1ban 2009/08/11 10:32:49
    J
    ich1ban,

If you want to abuse the Bible, it's your choice. Your abuse requires bigotry as does most of your thoughts.

The spread of AIDS in Africa is primarily from heterosexual sex and iv drug use. Not gay sex. Even in the USA, The numbers of new AIDS infections from heterosexual and IV drug use transmission outnumbers gay transmission. Sorry, your use and abuse of fear shows the non-loving and non-christ like heart you have.

Are you saying Apostle Peter and Sir Isaac Newton talk directly to you?
  • ich1ban J 2009/08/11 18:56:57
    ich1ban
    No, the apostle Peter wrote that in the bible....And Newton wrote in some memoirs. I still don't see how my heart is non-Christ like if I love the gay man or women, but see that is wrong the actions they commit? If we use your same methodology, then it is okay for a murderer to kill people. I love the murderer just not the sin he did.
  • J ich1ban 2009/08/11 22:57:39
    J
    ich1ban,

First, murder is against a commandment. There's 10 of those. Really, try reading the book... Not a sin per say.

Apostle Peter never mentioned homosexuals in commited relationships. He spoke against bed hoping and prostitution... Which is also bad for heterosexuals.
  • ich1ban J 2009/08/13 06:23:36
    ich1ban
    i love you
  • Johnny "Nihasa" Robinson 2009/07/06 20:11:09
    Being gay is a sin!!
    Johnny "Nihasa" Robinson
    +2
    I dunno. I'm not Christian, but from what I hear it is.
  • ellomotto 2009/07/06 17:50:51
    NO! I LOVE GAYS!!
    ellomotto
    +3
    i'm not gay but if ur in luv ur in luv and i have a lot of gay friends and they r really nice and they r not different from normal people!
  • Kirra Blackhart... Now even... 2009/07/06 09:14:26
    NO! I LOVE GAYS!!
    Kirra Blackhart... Now even more cynical, bitter & twisted BN12
    +4
    I do not believe in Sin. Its a concept made up by the church to part naive fools from their money.
  • ellomotto Kirra B... 2009/07/06 17:52:20
    ellomotto
    +4
    I kno and the church is being stupid by saying that being gay is a sin when really god made them gay it's so hypocritical
  • steven ellomotto 2009/08/03 00:33:33
    steven
    +2
    God made them male and female, so how is that making them gay? If you believe in God, you must think a purpose was in mind for male and female sex organs that are needed to procreate. If you DON'T believe in God, there must be some reason in evolution for male and female sex organs needed to procreate. Sex may not be all there is to life, but this would certainly appear to be a big hint that this is how it was meant to be and that being gay is only a choice and not a divine plan.
  • ich1ban Kirra B... 2009/08/10 22:15:00
    ich1ban
    It's a concept made thousands of years before the church was even created.
  • Toasty 2009/07/05 23:57:42
    NO! I LOVE GAYS!!
    Toasty
    +1
    Somewhere in the bible it says that you should stone homosexuals and they deserve to be burned in hell... more reasons to believe in the bible *sarcasm. Yes, being gay is a sin. Only in the bible. That's the only reason why people are so ignorant in America that they don't realize that gays are people too. If i were you, drop the bible and screw what everybody says.
  • SamTheSlayer [Codename: Duc... 2009/07/05 23:38:58
    NO! I LOVE GAYS!!
    SamTheSlayer [Codename: Duchess]
    +3
    Well... I don't love ALL gays.
    I love people for they're personality, not religion/sexuality/race.
    But I see nothing wrong with being gay, I accept it. :-)
  • steven 2009/07/05 23:25:49 (edited)
    Being gay is a sin!!
    steven
    +3
    I define sin as anything that keeps you from achieving the goals God has in mind for you. Since being 'gay' steps on the toes of those goals, then yes, it is sin. A sad choice, if nothing else. And I can already hear the chants of "Don't be so judgmental". Save it. You asked the question and I answered. However, I don't hate you. I just think you don't know what the real plan of life is all about.
  • sponged... steven 2009/07/05 23:29:59
    spongedebfatpants
    +1
    "Save it". Ha ha. My thoughts exactly. I'm tired of people trying to change my mind about how I feel.
  • paris steven 2009/08/02 19:01:00
    paris
    well i think he knows his plan
  • steven paris 2009/08/03 00:34:27
    steven
    Which 'he' are you referring to?
  • paris steven 2009/08/03 07:00:07
    paris
    the person who asked the question
  • steven paris 2009/08/04 23:58:54
    steven
    Agreed.
  • paris steven 2009/08/13 21:49:36
    paris
    well then why did you say he didn't ''have a plan''
  • steven paris 2009/08/13 22:22:12
    steven
    Look back over the thread and you'll see that I didn't say that at all. I only asked who you were speaking of.
  • paris steven 2009/08/18 22:04:07
    paris
    whatever idc anymore this conversation is a waste of time
  • steven paris 2009/08/18 22:45:56
    steven
    Agreed
  • DeCaf steven 2009/08/05 06:06:30
    DeCaf
    Steven, I normally agree with you in many posts, but.....

How do you know or anyone know what the Goals God has in mind for you? If anyone know the mind of God, hmmmm, I believe that person puts him/herself above all the rest. In fact, if you know the mind of God, that would make you God.
  • steven DeCaf 2009/08/05 06:47:12 (edited)
    steven
    Not at all. The Bible itself, you forget, is the revealing of the mind of God to mankind through chosen prophets. The revelation comes to those who place themselves in tune with the Spirit of God and obey. Why have so many who claim to be believers effectively shortened the arm of God and closed the heavens on themselves? He will not force his thoughts on anyone, but we must choose to receive inspiration, if it is to come at all.

The Holy Ghost is the revealer of truth. I do not claim special powers or elevated status above any others. I only say that what has been revealed on the issue has been revealed to me as well. In the same way that I know Jesus is the Christ, I know this matter to be so. It is not speculation, but sure knowledge and I could not deny it if my life depended upon it.

And here is something to consider: Do you really think God would place his sons and daughters upon the earth and NOT reveal his plans and goals for them? How then could he judge them in righteousness if they have no idea what they are supposed to be doing? The scriptures, we are told, were given by the spirit of revelation and are not for private interpretation, but must be understood via that same spirit by which they were given. That explains why so many have interpreted in so many diff...'

And here is something to consider: Do you really think God would place his sons and daughters upon the earth and NOT reveal his plans and goals for them? How then could he judge them in righteousness if they have no idea what they are supposed to be doing? The scriptures, we are told, were given by the spirit of revelation and are not for private interpretation, but must be understood via that same spirit by which they were given. That explains why so many have interpreted in so many different ways, having denied modern revelation, does it not? You want to know God's will for you? It will require ccommitment and humility and patience, but the reward is sure.

Ask and it shall be given.
    Seek and ye shall find.
    Knock and it shall be opened unto you.

All of these are action oriented, not passive.
  • informe... steven 2009/08/05 19:35:56 (edited)
    informednotgullible
    +1
    It's difficult to use the body, mind and spirit as God intended if one doesn't read the manual ! I mean you CAN drive a car at the bottom of the ocean but that was NOT what it was intended for!
  • spongedebfatpants 2009/07/05 23:12:34
    Being gay is a sin!!
    spongedebfatpants
    +1
    But so is most other things. We all sin. If everyone were to follow the Bible to a t, we wouldn't be able to do anything but sit there and stare at each other. Probably couldn't even do that if it resulted in lustful thoughts. But what I wanna know is...why advertise the fact that you are gay? I think that is what most people have a problem with. Most people, including me, could care less what makes you happy. But blatant advertising of it is only telling people" I'm gay and you must pay attention to me for it".
  • steven sponged... 2009/08/05 06:56:55
    steven
    Jesus went about doing good and we could follow that example.
  • justonemom 2009/07/05 22:13:43
    Being gay is a sin!!
    justonemom
    +1
    For lack of a better choice I chose being gay is a sin...however, I would like to change my answer to committing gay sexual acts is a sin. It's not that I think it is a sin but God's Word says that it is so.
  • Jeff justonemom 2009/07/05 22:27:35
    Jeff
    +1
    So gay people can be gay as long as they don't have sex?
  • justonemom Jeff 2009/07/05 22:35:40
    justonemom
    Oh, no they can...I personally do not care. But the word "sin" is when something is considered wrong by a religion...and the Christian Bible condemns homosexuality...so on that basis, I say that it is a sin. Being or dealing with feeling gay is not the sin though.
  • KKJ 2009/07/05 22:12:48 (edited)
    NO! I LOVE GAYS!!
    KKJ
    +3
    (Hetero here :-) ) I think Freud was right about one thing. People that feel the need to vocalize, hatemonger or take action on grounds of someone elses traits or lifestyle, non-violent or non-agressive, are normally fighting with an internal issue.

2014/09/17 05:32:28