Do you support the legalization of public nudity?

FanOreilly 2008/11/04 22:04:46
Yes, people should be free to be nude in public
No, I like public decency laws
I heard a secular-progressive today argue for public nudity.

He said 'if you don't want to see it, look away...I do what I want, you do what you want.'

As long as we are re-writing morality should we abolish public decency laws?

• Frank 2008/11/04 22:23:37 (edited)
    No, I like public decency laws
    Frank
    +9
    The picture says it all. The only nude people you would see would be people that no one would ever like to see naked. All the supermodels would still have clothes on. Besides, where would you carry your wallet and keys?

• Greedav 2014/01/23 20:20:15
    Greedav
    I absolutely despise when people say things like "I don't want to see overweight people naked". If we could just run around and ban things that we don't like to see, believe me, I would have outlawed nose piercings a long time ago.

And to the people saying "I don't want the children to see that", why not? Children are not born with any prejudices or body shame. It's the "modest" puritanical people who drill it into these children's heads that the human body is something to be ashamed of, something so revolting that we must cover it up at all times. And we wonder why we have so many teenagers hating their bodies?

Finally, to those who say "Nudity will get people raped", no one ever said that you would be forced to undress. People who want to be naked in public do so at their own risk. Banning nudity for that reason is as preposterous as banning short-shorts and mini-skirts. Besides, studies say that people are more aroused by skimpy outfits than outright nudity (in real-life situations). The reason is that people will mentally undress you if you're skimpily clad, and "fill in the blanks" with whatever they want. With nudity, what you see is what you get: warts, blemishes, and all.
  • Dario Western 2013/05/20 20:53:53
    Dario Western
    There is nothing indecent about the human body, it is a wonderful creation. People who call nudity gross have a deep-seated hatred of themselves and want to foist their insecurities on other people, similar to homophobes, sexists, misogynists and racists. Nudity does not kill, maim or injure anybody else. Just legalise it and be done with it. Gymnophobia: get over it, and get over yourselves!
  • Playerazzi 2013/01/06 13:00:55
    No, I like public decency laws
    Playerazzi
    Gross.

Most people are ugly nude.

I don't even like going to the showers after gym.
  • Tattoo Nana 2013/01/06 06:27:39
    No, I like public decency laws
    Tattoo Nana
    IF there weren't so many perverts and molesters, I would be all for being naked. Unfortunately, I believe our society has way too many child molesters and predators as well as rapists. There seems to be a generation that has some very poor or even NO morals. In a perfect world or at least within a society that was respectful of people sexually, then it would be fine.
  • rusty.barnett.16 2013/01/06 02:32:14
    rusty.barnett.16
    I don't really care. Maybe 30 years ago I might have tried it. I think that a lot of people that are down right fat might be running around in speed"O"s
  • Beccy 2013/01/06 01:52:44
    +2
    We make too big a thing out of nudity in America
  • Spyro 2013/01/06 01:39:08
    Spyro
    +2
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, WEE, WEE, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

wee pig gif
  • middlesex1957 2013/01/06 01:30:02
    middlesex1957
    +1
    I've been a naturist for years, and spend my whole summers at a clothing optional camp ground. Nakedness is a great equalizer and when the clothes come off so does the judgementalism. You have to actually do it to understand how freeing it is. If you haven't walked a trail in the forrest as naked/natural as the rest of creation around you put it on your bucket list. No shame, no fear, no false modesty, and no manufactured "beauty" - just people. Freedom to just be. As you interact with others you find there's never been any reason to hide behind anything.
  • Pedalpusher 2013/01/05 20:49:05
    No, I like public decency laws
    Pedalpusher
    +2
    I'd be arrested for torturing my neighbors!!
  • windspirit 2013/01/05 20:46:40
    windspirit
    +2
    I would not do it, but anybody who wants to should be able as long as they are
    discreet and not do in front of children!
  • middles... windspirit 2013/01/06 01:22:42
    middlesex1957
    Why would we avoid being naked in front of children? Why can't the kids be naked? For years I belonged to a gay men's naturist group. We got together with 2 other groups every month to rent a gym with pool, hot tub, steam rooms, sauna, TV room, gym - for volley ball, and eqiupment room. We had a wonderful time and one of the other groups was all young people with children of various ages. It doesn't benefit children to be raised with fear and shame.
  • DudeOfM... windspirit 2013/02/14 02:05:07
    DudeOfManyTalents
    IMO if they're not going to be naked in front of children, then they should likewise not be naked in front of adults who have an IQ of less than 100, because it's a proven fact that the stupidest people are also the horniest and less able to behave themselves.
  • rufus 2013/01/05 19:12:45
    rufus
    +2
    Ultimate freedom
  • Peewee ~PWCM~JLA 2013/01/05 19:07:40
    No, I like public decency laws
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    No. You can turn your head but still have to see it.
  • Grant Mad 2013/01/05 18:38:10
    Grant Mad
    +2
    YEEPEE!
  • Catgirl 2013/01/05 18:36:24
  • kobidob... Catgirl 2013/01/06 00:54:22
    kobidobidog
    +2
    Aren't you the grouch. It seems that the world would be better without so many grouches wouldn't you say?
  • Catgirl kobidob... 2013/01/06 00:57:45
  • middles... Catgirl 2013/01/06 01:24:39
    middlesex1957
    +1
    Glass half empty? I'm the opposite. I see beauty in everyone and don't see anything ugly in nakedness at all.
  • Catgirl middles... 2013/01/06 01:26:30
  • kobidob... Catgirl 2013/01/06 05:25:03 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    If you did not like what you saw why would you gaze at it? Did you know that a hippo and an elephant are naked? Maybe the concept of nature being naked has not been fully realized. It is important to be able to get along now with people. Eternity is coming for those getting along now.
  • Catgirl kobidob... 2013/01/06 05:31:07 (edited)
  • kobidob... Catgirl 2013/01/07 21:17:06 (edited)
  • Dario W... Catgirl 2013/05/20 20:57:26
    Dario Western
    +3
    Um, huh? We ARE animals, not robots. Of course clothes are necessary sometimes for warmth and protection, but there are plenty of other instances when they serve no other purpose than for vanity. And vanity is one of the worst human traits ever.
  • Dario W... Catgirl 2013/05/20 20:55:30
    Dario Western
    +3
    Go get help, Catgirl. You need it.
  • ♡Short Sparkley Ginger♡ 2013/01/05 18:35:34
    No, I like public decency laws
    ♡Short Sparkley Ginger♡
    +3
    I don't want to see or have my little siblings see peoples junk. Gross
  • Grant Mad ♡Short ... 2013/01/05 18:39:15
    Grant Mad
    +1
    peoples junk is how you got here !
  • Peewee ... Grant Mad 2013/01/05 19:08:31
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    I bet they weren't on the street when it happed
  • Dario W... ♡Short ... 2013/05/20 20:57:57
    Dario Western
    +2
    That "junk" brought you into the world. Grow up!
  • ♡Short ... Dario W... 2013/05/20 22:28:30
    ♡Short Sparkley Ginger♡
    And not showing it to everyone is called modesty. I think its you who needs to grow up
  • kobidobidog 2013/01/05 18:34:12
    kobidobidog
    +2
    People need to stop hating the parts that are under the things that people make covering the body.
  • Peewee ... kobidob... 2013/01/05 19:09:11
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    It's the disgustingly overweight ones that I find revolting.
  • kobidob... Peewee ... 2013/01/06 00:38:45
    kobidobidog
    +2
    They are still a human being just like you are. There are in nature thin animals, and animals that are not thin, agreed?
  • Peewee ... kobidob... 2013/01/06 01:21:03
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    That is certainly true, but it's still not appealing to look at. The only really fat animals I see are domesticated ones, cats, dogs, horses, etc.
  • kobidob... Peewee ... 2013/01/06 05:36:29
    kobidobidog
    People will look for the worst example they can think of . That convinces a person to rob another of the choice to be like they were when they were born. Call their body bad call your eukaryote celled body bad too.
  • Peewee ... kobidob... 2013/01/06 05:43:54
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    I'm not robbing anyone of anything. I just don't want to look at it
  • kobidob... Peewee ... 2013/01/07 21:23:54 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    +1
    You are robing people of free choice. People should not be arrested for being like they were when they were born. The legal system is anti God trying to take Gods place. Jails put people in bondage. Jesus frees. Jesus would be for nudity even as he was for it when he walked with Adam, and Eve who were children.
  • Peewee ... kobidob... 2013/01/07 21:28:41
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    OK. I don't think we're on the same radar screen. What about my freedom not to look at it? Take it as you will, I will agree to disagree. Have a great day, Kobidobe. Lovely dog you have.
  • kobidob... Peewee ... 2013/01/09 07:26:17 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    +1
    Thank you. He is naked too. All things people did not make-not covered by what people made are naked. Does that help? Have that same attitude of being a peacemaker, and you will be fine with whatever a person chooses.
  • Albert ... kobidob... 2013/01/05 23:19:10
    Albert Rogers
    Let's not forget the old tale that God chucked Adam and Eve out of the garden for hiding their junk under fig leaves. I suspect that the real meaning of "Knowledge of Good and Evil" is that when Adam and Eve learned it felt Good to Know each other (carnally), they tried to hide their junk from God.

2014/09/22 00:13:21