Do you support net neutrality?

Steven Crowder 2011/05/24 01:27:01
Related Topics: Net Neutrality
Yes, I support net neutrality
No, I do not want more government regulation of the internet

Read More: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cLWgTIsMLM

• Patriot Unit 2011/05/24 03:49:17
    Patriot Unit
    +7
    NO, and I sure don't want the government having any more power than they all ready have taken for themselves. In fact there are many other places they need to get their greedy paws out of our lives.

• Beccy 2012/04/01 19:24:46
    THe government continues to come after any freedom we have
  • bjamnjm 2011/06/08 16:13:40
    bjamnjm
    I support no neutrality.
  • KenjaiRo 2011/05/27 17:55:59
    KenjaiRo
    Get the federal government out of our homes, businesses, schools, etc. The argument isn't about commerce, it isn't about fairness, it's about control.
  • terc 2011/05/27 14:13:04
    terc
    Government regulates more than enough ...
  • BB 2011/05/26 15:13:44
    BB
    I. Don't. Think. So...
  • zbacku 2011/05/25 20:20:59
    zbacku
    This is just the government's way to take total control of the internet and also it's way to SILENCE the Conservative movement.
    The MSM reluctance to report this TRUTH will only back fire when Obama gets total control and we are no longer a Free Nation. They will be the first to go.
  • Some guy 2011/05/25 19:57:22 (edited)
    Some guy
    Why should we have the government regulating what we can and cannot read? and why should we trust the government on what is "nuetral"? What if there are a bunch of neo cons who inforce it: liberals will get discrimminated against, conservatives will get a free pass, or liberals who will just hate on conservatives. I hate how the government thinks it's citizens are violent idiots. Anyways, we shouldn't entrust anyone with that type of power, let alone a large group of people.
  • Stan Kapusta 2011/05/25 07:26:14
    Stan Kapusta
    No I don't want more monitoring. Or more lies. Besides what has the government done right anyway. Between the Bush Clinton years and now this [ok I'll be nice ] President in office we need more regulation. Don't we have enough trouble?
  • highroad1960 2011/05/24 23:33:57
    highroad1960
    Funny how they name these government takeovers with such nice names that envoke fairness and equality. It is just code words to control speech except theirs.
  • Libertarian 2011/05/24 23:01:16
    Libertarian
    more government is what we don't need
  • patriot 2011/05/24 22:56:51
    patriot
    Keep the frigging governement out of my face and computer.
  • dabloc patriot 2011/05/24 23:27:31
    dabloc
    +1
    You'd rather have a few big corporate giants controlling your computer and in your face?
  • patriot dabloc 2011/05/24 23:43:43
    patriot
    you betcha!
  • theunbubba dabloc 2011/05/31 04:59:03
    theunbubba
    That's nothing more than a lie.
    Less government is better.
  • dabloc Andrew 2011/05/24 23:31:01
    dabloc
    +1
    Right. Let's let the corporate giants dictate the terms, tell us what we can read, control the prices and end competition. That'll be much better than making sure we have net neutrality - maintaining a free, open internet for the people, not the huge corporations. Right,
  • Greywolf 2011/05/24 22:18:05
    Greywolf
    Since this thing started with the FCC taking over....i swear my online experence has gotten worse not better and omg have you seen the increase in cookies(flash) and domain added. crazy.
  • dabloc Greywolf 2011/05/24 23:34:19
    dabloc
    +1
    Exactly why we do need net neutrality. Do you understand what will happen without it? You think it's bad now? It will get a hundred fold times worse if the corporations have their way
  • Greywolf dabloc 2011/05/25 15:56:29 (edited)
    Greywolf
    it only started going bad after the FCC forced takeover (which they have no athority to do so).
  • dabloc Greywolf 2011/05/27 01:40:52
    dabloc
    What FCC forced takover? What are you talking about? I'm really worried now... if this is true, it must be stopped. How could I have been so misinformed about the meaning of Net Neutrality?
  • Greywolf dabloc 2011/05/27 04:45:33
    Greywolf
    The FCC has no athority to address the issues of the Internet, they still have not been given power to address the internet but still they have forced themselfs appon it with no regard of the laws of the land. So how can they claim to be the athority?
  • dabloc Greywolf 2011/05/27 08:52:34
    dabloc
    I agree. Do you have a reference to that information about the FCC assuming authority? And what they done so far to circumvent the law or affect the internet. How have they made your online experience worse? I can't find those references. If that's true, it's wrong and it's shocking. Something must be done about it. We have to stop those lib hacks from destroying our internet. We may have to have am armed insurgence against the FCC. Cleaning my guns as we speak.
  • Greywolf dabloc 2011/05/28 03:56:33
    Greywolf
    do a search on federal communications commission internet athority
    then their are these :
    http://www.foxnews.com/politi...

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/0...
    I think those 3 sum it up.
  • NickR 2011/05/24 22:07:27 (edited)
    Yes, I support net neutrality
    NickR
    +2
    I'm not sure I understand the issue, but internet bandwidth seems like any other commodifiable (?) resource. It can be exploited mercilessly in the name of free enterprise. It never occurs to the ones who discover something like an oil well or a diamond mine, that the earth really belongs to everybody.

People don't get it. If not government regulation to protect the little man, the price of bandwidth may go so high as to allow only the huge bandwith-holders to make money online. No wonder they're already buying up as much as possible.

Once again the American sheeple are being fed a false alternative--government "control" (sounds scary) vs. free market capitalism (sounds good), not understanding what's really at stake.
  • highroa... NickR 2011/05/24 23:37:58
    highroad1960
    You would do really well in a communist country they are very fair and everyone is equal. Go to Cuba and share their banwith which is ZERO!
  • BT 2011/05/24 21:33:33
    BT
    From a purely democratic view, I think Net Neutrality is a good idea. I don't like it when I get throttled down for watching TV shows on network sites, or when I use Netflix. But the guy in the video does make some good points about traffic shaping that make a lot of sense. So in the end, I think the power to chose ISPs that use shaping/throttling should be left to the consumer.
  • dabloc 2011/05/24 20:18:38
    Yes, I support net neutrality
    dabloc
    +1
    Of course, we should all support Net neutrality. But I'm afraid many here do not understand what this is all about. They do not realize what can and will happen if left to the big corporations to control without oversight. Study it before you say "no, First, I want to say 'thank you' to 'Lucky' for stating it so simply and succinctly. Start your studies with this; "Net Neutrality isnt about the government controlling the internet, its about making sure no one but the people can control it."
  • highroa... dabloc 2011/05/24 23:42:38
    highroad1960
    I guess you can take Lucky and NickR to Cuba and share their net neutrality. Lucky, you would be so pleased to find out how the government can do a better job than private enterpise.
  • dabloc highroa... 2011/05/25 05:04:45
    dabloc
    +1
    Silly nonsense. Do you have a problem with how the FCC handles radio waves usage? Have you had any problems with the FCC ever in the past? Only you corporate shills want to smash Net Neutrality so the corporations can control the internet. I can understand how the right would love controlling the information flow. Not like you're all already zombies as it is - from all the internet spin rooms, conservative radio disk jockeys and Fox TV, they want total control of the internet, too, and over what information you get.
  • stephanie 2011/05/24 18:59:10
    stephanie
    Can´t support this, because i have no ideal what it is.
  • dabloc stephanie 2011/05/24 23:50:03
    dabloc
    +1
    Then it's important you educate yourself and get a grasp on what it's about - which is NOT about government "control" (which is what the corporate shills are feeding the people.) "Net Neutrality isn't about the government controlling the internet, its about making sure no one but the people can control it." It's easy to begin doing some research, start by Googling the question, "What is Net Neutrality? Not understanding what's really at stake is the sad thing. That's what they want... the sheeple to remain ignorant and not know the truth.
  • Don Wenk 2011/05/24 18:24:16
    Don Wenk
    We have enough shackels.
  • banzaibuckaroo 2011/05/24 18:20:03
    Yes, I support net neutrality
    banzaibuckaroo
    +1
    The net is a worldwide entity, let it be.
  • hiptou 2011/05/24 18:16:28
    hiptou
    +1
    I support FREE speech - even if you don't like it. Grow up, that's life! support free speech grow life free speech
  • dabloc hiptou 2011/05/24 23:52:10
    dabloc
    +1
    I won't be "Free" much longer if the biggest corporations have their way, and can do what they want unfettered by government oversight - which is oversight by we, the people.
  • PaulAhkolik 2011/05/24 17:55:59
    PaulAhkolik
    "The Great Firewall of America" doesn't have the same ring.
  • Seeker62 2011/05/24 17:51:32
    Seeker62
    Do you really think anyone at the Fed cares what we think? More than 70% of us were against the TARP bail out under Bush and guess what... passed it anyway. More than 60% of us were against the stimulus package under Obama and guess what... passed it anyway. More than 55% of us were against Obamacare and guess what... passed it anyway.
    But we deserve it. If you keep on doing what you've always done, you shouldn't be surprized if you keep on getting what you've always got.
    Have you always voted for your party establishment candidate even if you had to hold your nose because at least he was better than the other party's candidate? Well hows that system been working out for you?
  • dabloc Seeker62 2011/05/25 00:27:38
    dabloc
    What do you mean, doing what you've always done? What should we do instead? Not vote? Vote for a tea party candidate? What?

Your figues are very distorted and not representative of what we, the people, really think, Example being The Affordable Health Care reform bill - which the right calls Obamacare - a misnomer. If anything is should be Romney care ; the reason that you can site 55% being against is that many of us on the left felt it didn't go far enough - we wanted a single payer system - a universal health care package, but overall, the vast majority has known for years that reform has been desperately needed and finally, under this President, reform has begun.

As for stimulus, did you know that today, Chrysler paid back over 8 BILLION dollars to the government? Their first profits in many years. Was it not worth bailing them out and saving all those jobs and all those dealerships? God, you right wing nuts need to open your eyes and stop the incessant bashing already. It's old and it's not going to work. You won't be stealing the WH in 2012.

"Haven't YOU always voted for your republican party establishment candidate even if you had to hold your nose because he wasn't anywhere near the intellectual level of the other party candidate and because he wasn't a - god forbid - Democrat? How's that working out for you?
  • Seeker62 dabloc 2011/05/25 16:39:58 (edited)
    Seeker62
    Last Presidential election I voted for Bob Barr. This past off-year election I sent hundreds of dollars to Rand Paul. This time I have al;ready sent money to Ron Paul and will support him as long as he is in. But I can tell you for sure that if it comes down to the Democrat Obama and the Democrat-lite Romney I will once again be voting for the Libertarian candidate.

P.S. No it was NOT worth bailing out Chrysler. They made stupid business decisions and should be expected to experience the results of their decisions just like the hundreds or thousands of other businesses that have failed in the past three years with out so much as a mention from the Federal government.
  • jon 2011/05/24 17:37:45
    jon
    Have you ever noticed that govt bills in congress never say what they mean "net neutrality" what a joke it is all about control. The most hidden is the ability of the state, or by presidential order, to halt any specific communication, or all of it (pull the plug) and do a better job of it than China does at this time. You may want to notice that Google is partner to china in this fashon and also favors this bill. As they say "buyer beware" have BHO day!

2014/12/21 06:59:32