Do You Support Mitt Romney as President?

Politics 2012/05/09 03:45:13
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• Concerned Citizen 2012/05/09 06:11:51
    Concerned Citizen
    +29
    He was my choice 4 years ago,....and am happy to see him closing in on the nomination.

"Apparently, I'm supposed to be more angry about what Mitt Romney does with his money than what Barack Obama does with mine."

• Bob S WannaBe... 2012/05/09 14:42:35
    Bob S
    GEE ANOTHER 99%ER COMES OUT OF THE WOODWORK.
  • Chanch WannaBe... 2012/05/09 21:46:41
    Chanch
    We know how terrible Obummer is. Romney can get any worse ! I will chance it with Romney over Obummer any day !
  • DM Twin 2012/05/09 14:36:23
    DM Twin
    +2
    Behind the Nominee of the Republican Party all the way .
  • Demonic Rat Hunter 2012/05/09 14:35:10
    +3
    I will support almost anyone who runs against Obama and it does look as though it will be Romney.
  • turtledove123 2012/05/09 13:53:48
    turtledove123
    +2
    No, I do not support him.
  • Elleryqueen 2012/05/09 13:48:50
    Elleryqueen
    +3
    Only because he is the lesser of two evils and I think he at least has respect for the Contitution.
  • Arizona1950 2012/05/09 13:20:36
    Arizona1950
    +3
    Same BS and the record to prove it.

• Bill in Niantic 2012/05/09 12:54:08
    Bill in Niantic
    +5
    As long as he delivers as he promises, or makes a good effort at it. But I would vote for anybody right now to remove the Commie in Chief.

Commie in Chief
  • Kat 2012/05/09 12:15:04
    Kat
    +6
    He will be way better then Obama.
  • Chanch Kat 2012/05/09 21:24:30
    Chanch
    +1
    Pee Wee Herman is better than OBUMMER !
  • wolf sloan 2012/05/09 12:07:19
    wolf sloan
    +6
    Not exactly my ideal choice but certainly much closer to it than the other guy.
  • betz 2012/05/09 11:59:28
    betz
    +9
    I've already supported him monetarily and plan on volunteering in the near future. Go Mitt!!
    I love Mitt
  • hazel betz 2012/05/10 01:05:41
    hazel
    +3
    I COMITT TO MITT
  • betz hazel 2012/05/10 01:23:28
    betz
    +2
    oooo............I like that hazel.
    "I COMMIT TO MITT!"
    I commit to mitt
  • D D 2012/05/09 08:43:47
    D D
    +4
    I want Ron Paul.
  • Arizona... D D 2012/05/09 13:22:23
    Arizona1950
    +4
    Me too! The only true representative of the people running.

Romney same B.S. and smoke and mirrors we already have ...

• hazel D D 2012/05/10 01:06:05
    hazel
    people in hell want ice water
  • 2sly 2012/05/09 07:31:56
    2sly
    +4
    Without a doubt
    NOBAMA2012
  • Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/05/09 07:26:39
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +6
    I support neither Romney OR Obama.
  • Bob S Brian ☮... 2012/05/09 14:44:01
    Bob S
    At least you got it 50% right....
  • Brian ☮... Bob S 2012/05/09 19:56:56
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +1
    Why in the word should I support one 100% lying sack of crap, over another 100% lying sack of crap??
  • Bob S Brian ☮... 2012/05/13 22:49:27
    Bob S
    You supported Obama didn't you. This is a big improvement over him.
  • Brian ☮... Bob S 2012/05/13 23:03:54
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    I am a libertarian, and have been since 1974. I have NEVER supported ANY big government lying sack of crap (and Obama is one, just like Oromney), nor will I ever.
  • kitkat42 2012/05/09 07:24:49
    kitkat42
    +1
    Never!
  • Elleryq... kitkat42 2012/05/09 13:47:03
    Elleryqueen
    +1
    Would you rather have oblunder?
  • kitkat42 Elleryq... 2012/05/09 18:28:10
    kitkat42
    Ooops, you misspelled that. If you meant President Obama, then absolutely, he's still the best person for the job. Sorry I don't bend to your wishes. I tend to think for myself. Have a great day! :)
  • Elleryq... kitkat42 2012/05/09 19:04:26
    Elleryqueen
    +3
    Not misspelled since he is a built in blunder, pseudo-president. Like yourself, I do not bend to your wishes either. Do my own thinking. You have a nice day.
  • Bob S kitkat42 2012/05/13 22:51:02
    Bob S
    The name was not spelled wrong. He has been a blunder since day one. We do not want a repeat of his interpretation of HOPE and CHANGE.
  • Concerned Citizen 2012/05/09 06:11:51
    Concerned Citizen
    +29

• betz Concern... 2012/05/09 12:00:10
    betz
    +13
    I love your last line CC!!!
  • Concern... betz 2012/05/09 12:21:34
    Concerned Citizen
    +10
    Thank you betz,......sure seems like the painful truth!
  • Deborah... betz 2012/05/10 02:12:59
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +2
    Oh, CC is a poet at times, he's a trip!
  • Arizona... Concern... 2012/05/09 13:23:35
    Arizona1950
    +4
    He's a politician ... same BS and smoke and mirrors as the guy we already have. Sorry... but Iived in MA during his debacle.

• Concern... Arizona... 2012/05/09 13:32:46
    Concerned Citizen
    +8
    Sorry you look at it things through some very biased video,...he was only trying to find ways to take the heavy cost of day to day living off the shoulders of the citizens of Mass;..what has always been one of the most expensive states to simply exist in.
  • Arizona... Concern... 2012/05/09 13:42:20
    Arizona1950
    +2
    I lived there all of my life until I moved to AZ in 2004 ... the video is not biased it it a true analysis of his governership... too bad you listen to campaign propaganda ... he is the same as what we got and what we have been getting for the past 30 years.
  • Concern... Arizona... 2012/05/09 14:09:59
    Concerned Citizen
    +6
    Have never resided in Mass. myself,....but have several friends who have spent their entire lives up there,,.....and they are definitely not on the same page as you.

Wishing you a wonderful day out in sunny Arizona.
  • Arizona... Concern... 2012/05/10 02:18:00 (edited)
    Arizona1950
    Thank you it ended up storming today but brought some nice rain ... :-)

Romney raised fees, while telling the American voter he cut taxes. He cut programs that benefited the poor. As the video implies there were a lot of the Residents of MA who were glad to see Mitt Romney pack up his bags and leave the Bay State. He divided the rich from the poor like no other before him.

To cover a more than $2 billion budget gap, his administration pushed through a series of changes in the tax code. Those cost businesses hundreds of millions of dollars. He believes in the principle of Reaganomics where you cut taxes to bring in economic growth. According to him the budget should cut taxes on people earning incomes less than $200,000 a year and also cut payroll taxes on people aged sixty five years or older.

Sadly, Romney is no economist either. Reaganomics is a short-run strategy to reduce inflation and lower nominal interest rates. Under Reagan the U.S. borrowed both domestically and abroad to cover the Federal budget deficits, raising the national debt from $997 billion to $2.85 trillion. This led to the U.S. moving from the world's largest international creditor to the world's largest debtor nation. Reagan described the new debt as the "greatest disappointment" of his presidency.

I...

Is this a businessman you want in the corner office?

Now onto another issue …

Why did he veto the contraception bill …

“I am pro-life. I believe that abortion is the wrong choice except in cases of incest, rape, and to save the life of the mother.”

“But while the nation remains so divided over abortion, I believe that the states, through the democratic process, should determine their own abortion laws and not have them dictated by judicial mandate.”

"Furthermore, this legislation would make the morning-after pill available to young girls without any restrictions on age... this bill undermines the state's parental consent laws and represents a departure from the public consensus that minor children should not act without parental involvement in these matters."
    ~ July 26, 2005, Boston Globe.

“I'd like to see Roe v. Wade overturned and allow the states and the elected representatives of the people, and the people themselves, have the ability to put in place pro-life legislation.”
    5 June 2007, Republican Presidential Debate (Manchester, New Hampshire)

So he vetoes a bill involving contraception because he says it undermines the State's parental consent laws ... do you have kids? Better yet did you ask your parent's permission before you decided toexperiment or have sex? Then he says he supports each of the individual states to handle it as it shouldn't be mandated from Washington ... sounds good until he says about 2 weeks later than he would like to repeal Roe vs Wade which would take away any choice by the states or the individual.

He plays to whatever side is listening and he always has ... he just hopes the sound bites are short enough that people won't catch on to it.

Romney left the governor's mansion with a 36% approval rating.

He recently lost the MA 2012 Republican primary. The majority of delegates from Massachusetts are going to Ron Paul. I believe it was 20 out of 24 but I may be wrong on this one.

I listened to friends back in 2008 and ended up voting for the Obama. I learned my lesson well since then … Research and don't listen to friends when it comes to voting the next president!
  • Concern... Arizona... 2012/05/10 05:00:52
    Concerned Citizen
    +2
    Can appreciate your shared reflections from your days in Mass;..but will always choose a Mitt Romney over an obama any day. Do believe that Mitt always had the best intentions during his time as gov. up there and that some of your strong opinions against him are based on your support of Ron Paul,....someone who is completely out of touch with today's America and it's complex problems.

Any conservative trying to get anything done in a liberal hot bed like Mass. would have their hands full and work cut out for them.

Many of us are still trying to figure out who the heck Scott Brown is?...Someone who ran on a conservative platform with the unlimited support of the GOP and Tea Party,.... but continues to sound and vote more like a New England liberal every day.

Again,....do appreciate your comments,...but refuse to demonize Romney as you choose to.
  • Arizona... Concern... 2012/05/10 05:29:25 (edited)
    Arizona1950
    Oh ye of little faith ... I do not demonize Romney you can check out any of what I stated on your own ... but some just can't handle the truth.

Some day, some time and hopefully soon you will have to come to the realization that more people are willing to stand up for our Constitution, God, and Country then remain on their knees for the status quo and socialism.

2014/10/21 20:16:54