Do you mind that part of your taxes goes to poor people?

Kyra 2012/11/19 19:14:34
Related Topics: taxes, Welfare, Mind, Part, People
Yes, I don't want my taxes going to welfare.
No, I don't mind my taxes going to welfare.

• Sissy 2012/11/19 19:36:42
    Sissy
    +34
    I would much rather have my taxes go to food stamps, housing, prescription, education, etc assistance ANYTIME before guns, planes and missiles.

• John Galt jr or Ron/jon 2012/12/24 01:55:34
    John Galt jr or Ron/jon
    +1
    once the government takes your money it's not yours anymore
  • Helmholtz 2012/12/23 16:00:18
    Helmholtz
    +1
    I don't mind. I do wish, though, that there was some sort of community service requirement.
  • Red 2012/12/19 22:36:26
  • bye 2012/12/02 23:43:55
    bye
    No some people really need it. But i get pissed seeing people sitting on there butts and making it a career or getting knocked up to get more money! Some are horrible parents! Then again I hate that President Obama is knocking out the work clause to swell the ranks (almost tripled) so now I'm paying for people to sit because they want to collect a check!
    Makes my head hurt!
    sad girl
  • BlytheSpirit~bn0 2012/11/30 19:15:53
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +2
    I want ALL of my taxes to go to poor people. Much better that than going for wars of aggression against people in foreign lands. Much better that than going for bail-outs to criminal corporations. Much better that than going to retired politicians. Much better that than just about anything else it is now going for.
  • Epistemically Justified -- BN7 2012/11/29 16:39:58
    Epistemically Justified -- BN7
    +3
    I don't mind. I am American, and I want other Americans to be healthy and taken care of.

I DON'T want my hard work to be taken advantage of, though, and though I'm in favor of welfare (especially for children and single mothers) I wish that there were more limits and restrictions on the system. Examples: food stamps and EBT cards should only be used at grocery stores for healthy food, not at 7-11 to buy a coke and a candy bar. People collecting unemployment should have to take drug tests, or work for the state to earn the paycheck.

Welfare programs are worthwhile, but we should protect those with legitimate needs and close loopholes for those looking to exploit the system.
  • John Ga... Epistem... 2012/12/24 02:00:17
    John Galt jr or Ron/jon
    Unemployment is a type of insurance, you don't get it, unless you paid in.
    Should you have to take a drug test every time you collect car insurance damages?
    How about when your house burns down?
    How about every time you go to the doctor?
    How about life insurance should the dead be tested before the monies are paid?

Drug testing is an invasion of privacy and unconstitutional...
  • Amasaman 2012/11/28 21:45:36
    Amasaman
    I would rather my taxes go to schools, roads & infrastructure, and the environment, including wildlife management, than the majority of people who are capable of working but refuse to. I wish all of our tax money could be earmarked as to where we want it spent, such as is the case with the Pittman-Robertson act.

I don't mind helping legitimately disabled people, or those incapable of working due respectable issues, but laziness is not one of them.
  • Jessie M 2012/11/28 20:01:09
    Jessie M
    that is how entitlement work
  • C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT 2012/11/28 19:59:26
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
  • OPen Minded 2012/11/28 03:51:37
    OPen Minded
    I do mind that we do not regulate and monitor those on welfare. But I know people sometimes need a hand up.
  • Claybern 2012/11/25 01:09:42
    Claybern
    As long as it is spent wisely. Like that's going to happen.
  • JohnT 2012/11/24 19:28:57 (edited)
    JohnT
    I wish I could afford to give more, but for the grave of god go any of us.
  • Jeff Smith 2012/11/24 14:35:34
    Jeff Smith
    Undecided.
  • goatman112003 2012/11/23 22:57:37
    goatman112003
    +1
    Look if it went purely for the safety net is one thing but cell phones and a bunch of other things is over the top.
  • Boilermaker 2012/11/23 20:56:27
    Boilermaker
    +1
    I mind that our tax dollars are funneled through the Federal govt. money laundering machine and would rather they stayed at the state and local level which is far more efficient.
    Perhaps then, the money would go to help the truly poor instead of supporting a bunch of lazy, freeloaders who are gaming the system.
  • "OG" 2012/11/23 20:34:25
    "OG"
    +1
    I sure do mind. No one worried about my Welfare why should i pay for theirs. Stealing money from a working man's family is not the answer.
  • john brenni 2012/11/23 20:23:12
  • Tasine 2012/11/23 20:13:18
    Tasine
    +2
    Difficult to answer as "WELFARE" isn't a helpful thing any more, but an enslaving and soul killing one. Do I believe in helping people? Absolutely, and I DO help people. Do I believe welfare programs administered by government with tax dollars is the right way to help people. Absolutely NOT.

I believe WELFARE as the government has made it, is not composed of compassion and caring NEARLY as much as it is useful as a club to get various agendas passed and specific people into office. Government welfare is an oxymoron - the LAST thing government worries about are the citizens' welfare. Our government cares about TWO things ONLY. Staying in their cushy jobs and growing the government as big as is physically possible because that gives them control over everyone, making recipients little more than chatel, serfs compelled to toe the line or get cut off..

Would I have an objection in the world about my taxes being responsibly used to help the truly needy. No, I would not. Do I have an objection to my taxes being used to pay for abortions, birth control, cell phones, illegal drugs, illegal weapons to use against me? Absolutely, I object - and that is EXACTLY what our welfare money pays for these days. I would love to see government welfare discarded as fast as one can type "it".
  • TheBadOne 2012/11/23 19:56:02
    TheBadOne
    +2
    But I'd rather we have a system that also helps to develop real skills instead of perpetual handouts.
  • reaper 2012/11/23 19:45:05
    reaper
    +1
    as long as it can help those that need it I'm cool with that.
  • beachbum 2012/11/23 19:38:58
    beachbum
    +2
    I have no problem at all helping those who need help..........but I do have a problem helping the lazy.
  • Southern Man 2012/11/23 19:31:30
    Southern Man
    +1
    I don't mind ... What I don't like is some people think welfare is a career there are family's that have 4 and 5 Generations of welfare recipients that has got to stop welfare is not how you make a living
  • bob h. 2012/11/22 21:22:55
    bob h.
    +1
    I mind taxes going to corporate welfare and politicians welfare.
  • ehrhornp 2012/11/22 19:58:55
    ehrhornp
    +1
    In fact I prefer that my taxes go to help out people who are down on their luck as opposed to making pot holes around the world.
  • bob h. ehrhornp 2012/11/22 21:24:33
    bob h.
    +1
    True that.
  • Michael McFascist 2012/11/22 06:03:54
    Michael McFascist
    +2
    we're to help each other when and if we can.
  • Seriously Folks 2012/11/21 17:45:21
    Seriously Folks
    +3
    Everyone needs help in their life sometimes. As long as it is done responsibly.
  • Ben 10- P.H.A.E.T 2012/11/21 05:24:19
    Ben 10- P.H.A.E.T
    +2
    Some people abuse the system. But should those who really need it have to suffer for what a small minority does? I don't think so
  • Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/11/21 03:33:50
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +5
    Many of those people are working class, and pay into the system as well.
  • Tom Trojan 2012/11/21 03:27:42
    Tom Trojan
    +2
    Let's just eliminate the fraud and beuracracy.......
  • Souther... Tom Trojan 2012/11/23 19:32:48
    Southern Man
    Right on ....
  • Flea 2012/11/21 02:26:26
    Flea
    +1
    I'd rather my taxes going to help people than going to kill them.
  • JwonGalt 2012/11/21 02:22:57
    JwonGalt
    +1
    Better to poor people than to weapons.
  • RicardoCabeza 2012/11/21 02:08:39
    RicardoCabeza
    +3
    But i would like to see my taxes get to the poor instead of paying for over staffed bureaucracies and foolishness.
  • Wahvlvke 2012/11/21 00:37:11
    Wahvlvke
    +1
    Charity is not a valid function of government ... the government uses it as a means to buy votes.
  • Daniel Hughey 2012/11/20 23:45:40
    Daniel Hughey
    +1
    No I don't mind because almost all our tax's goes to the national debt. When 34 billion a month goes to QE3 (banker bailouts) welfare isn't even a drop in the bucket.
  • hiram 2012/11/20 23:38:27
  • kitkat42 2012/11/20 23:19:52
    kitkat42
    +2
    No, I don't mind. It's always possible I might need it someday and I would want the same opportunity for help.
  • Emanon 2012/11/20 22:46:58
    Emanon
    +3
    I personally have no issue with it, personally... I do wish we reformed our system that helps the poor to make it more long term economically viable and to help them get off welfare sooner.. Such as if they have no GED, make them take a GED course and class, since if you have a GED vs no HS Diploma or GED then you are more likely to find employment.. if they have a HS Diploma or GED, then have them take some community college courses.. since, as previously stated, the higher the education you have completed the more likely you are to find employment.

But, I do not think this will ever happen, but it is what I would like to see be reformed in the system.

2014/07/22 23:12:20