Do You Mind Other Social Networks Tying Into Facebook?

Facebook isn't just about your face anymore. It's not about your friends' faces, either. The largest social network in the world has turned into a content hub that perpetually feeds users the information they want -- and feeds the world information about them in return. Of course, that's not always a good thing. A few months ago, Facebook launched internal apps for external social networking sites like Pinterest and Rotten Tomatoes, and now posts on those sites are showing up on Facebook.

It's all optional, obviously, but think about it. Facebook just bought Instragram, a free program with no revenue, for $1 billion, and much of Facebook's value is in its potential for growth. What if Instagram suddenly required a Facebook account to use? We've already seen some programs that require that. Spotify is the most notorious instance; Vevo is another. Do you mind all the the tie-ins to Facebook or is it all just a little too connected for your taste?

• Vitalani Bulanov... 2012/05/02 02:14:38
    Vitalani
    I'm just curious. People remember incorrectly at convenient times quite a lot. And then when asked to back up their claims, come up empty handed. They may, and they may not. Being open minded is one thing, blindly believing something of which there is no presented proof is another thing entirely.
  • Bulanov... Vitalani 2012/05/02 17:23:00
    Bulanova (Team Hargitay)
    But why is it hard to believe the possibility that some sites only require comments via facebook? Now instead of one person, you have two people telling you the same thing. I'm not saying you should blindly believe it, just that you should consider the possibility there are sites like there out that. You seemed unwilling to even consider that possibility, but maybe I misread you.

I'll bookmark this conversation and try to remember to come back to it when I have one or two sites to show you, but it may take me quite a while.
  • Bulanov... Vitalani 2012/05/09 18:52:31
    Bulanova (Team Hargitay)
    +1
    Here you go:

http://travel.usatoday.com/fl...

"Comment
    USA TODAY is now using Facebook Comments on our stories and blog posts to provide an enhanced user experience. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then "Add" your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find out more, read the FAQ and Conversation Guidelines."

Then under their FAQ, "Q: Do I need to have a Facebook account to comment?
    A: Yes. To add a comment, you'll need to log in at Facebook. If you don't have a Facebook account, you can get one at http://www.facebook.com. Signing up for an account is quick, easy and free. Once you've signed up with Facebook, added a profile photo, and connected with a few friends, you will be able to easily comment and share stories. Your comments may only be visible to you and your friends for the first few days after you sign up." ~ http://www.usatoday.com/news/...
  • Vitalani Bulanov... 2012/05/10 02:22:54
    Vitalani
    Cool story bro.
  • Bulanov... Vitalani 2012/05/10 02:35:17
    Bulanova (Team Hargitay)
    Wow. You know, I hadn't pegged you for a bitch until now. You asked for proof and when you receive it, you brush it aside with a sarcastic and trite meme. You might have just told me not to bother coming back to you when I found an example if you weren't actually interested. Don't ask for proof if you can't handle it. Grow up.
  • Vitalani Bulanov... 2012/05/10 02:42:06
  • Bulanov... Vitalani 2012/05/10 02:46:53 (edited)
    Bulanova (Team Hargitay)
    I am sorry, but everyone I know who uses "cool story bro" uses it to rudely brush someone off. Looking it up online reaffirms this:

"A phrase sarcastically used to indicate one's disgust or indifference towards a tl;dr story.
    An appropriate response to a story that went nowhere and/or was completely uninteresting.
    A saying commonly used when sayer is listening to someone talk to him and doesn't really care.
    A phrase sarcastically used to indicate ones disgust or indifference towards a story.
    It means someone says something and you could really care less you say Cool Story Bro!"

I had every reason to take it as sarcasm since that is how it is widely used. And no, I don't want a cookie. What I had hoped for was something along the lines of, "Oh, I see. Interesting, I didn't know about that. Thanks for the link."
  • CAA_coffeeaddict 2012/05/01 15:49:04
    Yes, it bothers me
    CAA_coffeeaddict
    +3
    Ugh... I don't have facebook, so yes it does bug me.

2014/12/22 13:32:30