Do you know what the "Comforter" or "Helper" mean in John 14: 15-17?

Pete 2010/02/09 01:17:01
Many muslim quote from the Holy Bible thinking that "Comforter" is another man they want to call muhammad. They believe it is muhammad that will finish everything God want him to finish..Muslim belive that muhammad was call by God...But the fact is that God would have never call on any pagan or muslim to be chosen as His prophet...Why? Because God have already Chosen His people who happen to be Hebrew....They (muslim) continue to be so naive that they can't understand the Bible or the Spirit. However, notice how some muslim quote from the Bible and stop short of the whole statement. But Notice how they quote and stop at verse 16..Please read the bottom statement quoted by a teen muslim. This is what she type:

Turning to the New Testament, let us look at John 14: 15-16. It says: "14-If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16- And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another "comforter" (Helper in other versions), that he may abide with you forever". Also John 15: 26-27, John 16: 5-8 and John 16: 12-14.

She doesn't go any further than verse 16..yet in verse 17 it tell you what the "Comforter" is. The words parakletos is simply the same thing except it is a Greek words...If you continue to read on in verse 17; It stated "the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you."

Now, what part of verse 17 you muslim don't understand? It is telling you that the "Spirit of Truth" will be with those that {believe} !! and loved the lord with all your mind, soul and strength. It is not talking about muhammad, buddism, chinese tradition or any other God/goddess or any other religion or culture. No, God is talking about the "Spirit of Truth". Who is the Spirit of Truth?

Please continue: He goes on to say in verse 18. " I ( Jesus) will not leave you orphans; I (Jesus) will come to you...Who is I ? I mean Jesus.....Who will come to us? Jesus Christ.. Did He say muhammad or someother man? Absolutely not.. It is Him who will live in us...Why can't you muslim understand what Jesus Christ is trying to tell you? Why are you so stubborn refusing to accept the true for what it is? Why do you harden your heart and reject him? You muslim need to read all of what Jesus Christ have stated in the Bible...don't just stop half way and than make everyone believe what you want them to believe...Stop your misinterpretation and read everything Jesus have stated....Believe in Faith.... that's all you have to do....

Finally, Jesus stated in 19: 30 "So when Jeus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" and bowing His head, He gave up His spirit. "It is Finished! You don't have to fight it anymore you don't have to make sacrifice for any idol, any other God and any other prophet......It is all paid for in Full....with the blood of Jesus........I urge all muslim to repent and give your life to Jesus and leave those worldly thing behind it will not do you any good....i hope this will clear up your conscience and doubt.....Peace be with you...........

• hena 2013/08/19 20:46:46
    hena
    +2
    ,,,,,jesus is not god ,you are short changing yourself ,think of your own soul god does not want human sacrifice or we would all sacrifice our first sons ,god has logic not fantasies ,you sound arrogant and stupid read and reflect ponder on the word don't just believe since you want someone else to take the blame or die for your sins ,why do you do good if Christ died for your sins the test is just for us so we are asking for the hard life yours is paid in full by jesus ,hats off to your mind ,research and pay the price for your life and deeds ,god is firm consistent ,you need to explore research and search the truth .

HELPER !
  • God bless American freedom 2010/02/11 17:29:48
    God bless American freedom
    islam believes its "holy " book, the qur'an is the actual Holy Spirit.
  • FATEEN God ble... 2010/02/13 22:03:54
    FATEEN
    That is so wrong coco... Come on now. Where in the world are you getting this information? Coco, i am saying this the best way I can. I've asked you countless times. But can you stop talking out of the side of your neck. We don't believe that.
  • God ble... FATEEN 2010/02/15 23:51:42 (edited)
    God bless American freedom
    Fateen. It is what the Sauds have on their site for qur'an and the Sauds lead ALL of islam whether or not you all admit it or not. The money is the proof.

Did you ever read fatah ul bari so we can discuss it? Muhammed speaks there about sauds, you know.
    money proof read fatah ul bari discuss muhammed speaks sauds
  • FATEEN God ble... 2010/02/16 00:31:08
    FATEEN
    I have not read this book by this author. Could you please sight text?
  • God ble... FATEEN 2010/02/16 22:25:35 (edited)
    God bless American freedom
    different topic but part of same vision ... q .. ornaments of gold 63-64 commands Muhammed to obey his allah and thus obey Isa . I do not pretend to know how this is incorporated into qur'an but it is. ... Bukhari as well ..volume 4 54 506 ... and ...
    as well SM 66 12 ... Isa is the very breath of God ...Muhammed is not the breath of God .. do you see this makes the importance of fatah ul bari and its being ignored by islam in every way ... even today? Muhammed predicts the destruction of the leadership of islam ( present day Sauds ) just before day of resurrection ... the last day ... then later...

Jesus absolutely commands those who love GOD ( and remember GOD is not a religion or a man or a place or a book ) ...to study scripture. he does not say some scripture ..he simply says study it..search it ..in that we shall ALL learn of him... to many this simplified ( parable form ) means Jesus is saying that by study of all scripture ... the clear difference between right and wrong is revealed .

fatah ul bari.. compilation of hadith and qur'an scripture combined to produce truth for eyes that love truth by those willing to search and study all scripture to find truth of God and setting aside of truth of men.

one of Muhammeds final visions he prophesises the destruction of ...

one of Muhammeds final visions he prophesises the destruction of the misleaders of islam. Surah 3 55 GOD spaks to Isa and tells him God will place those who follow Isa above all else until close to the day of the resurrection and then everyone returns to him ( Isa ) for the judgement ..also included in the fatah ul bari but in qur'an as well. ... Jesus is known as the Being which descends and is the ruler and the judge of mankind. the commentary on qur'an contains all of this ... also known as fateh al bari and other colloquial spellings as well. And when he ( Muhammed ) saw them he was asleep ( a vision ) ............... It is widely believed by those who trust the qur'an where Muhammed states Isa is to be followed ... that one must remember here he says isa is only a human..but earlier he states Isa was alone untouched by satan .. and is the actual breath of God ..which means he is not human but is the actual breath of God wearing flesh .. IF one believes GOD can do all things ... but denies this.. then one is calling God a liar ..it is easy to call Muhammed a liar based on his own actions...but not on the actions of Isa... and one can never call God a liar.

Do you see?
  • FATEEN God ble... 2010/02/17 01:11:17
    FATEEN
    As Muslims many of us are fully aware that 'Isa bin Maryam (peace be upon him) will descend from Heaven. He is the only one with the authority to kill the Dajjal (anti-Christ). He will lead prayer, establish God's rule on earth. He will rule by the Qur'an and not the Gospel based on this hadith that you are commentating. I am aware of what you are talking about to a certain extent.

Sorry, I'm at work I'm sitting right here fumbling with a customer with her computer as we speak right now, I'll be sure to get on this some more tonight.
  • God ble... FATEEN 2010/02/18 03:46:15
    God bless American freedom
    ok by me.
  • FATEEN 2010/02/09 02:30:59
    FATEEN
    Pete I think we've been down this road several times.

John14:16
    "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

Gospel of John 15:26
    "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which
    proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."

Gospel of John 16:7

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
    come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the
    Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.
    Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
    Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise
    that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comfor...

John14:16

Gospel of John 15:26

Gospel of John 16:7

that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
    Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet
    Muhammad (pbuh).

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is
    come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

Finally, Mel Gibson made a huge film using the 'Aramic language he spoke (Christ did not speak Greek) 'Aramic is VERY similar to the 'Arabic tongue and is the last of the pure semetic languages.

As a student of religious scripture it saddens me that the average Christian does not study the 'Aramic, Hebrew or even the Greek scripts. I find that extremely saddening yet they rely on watered down translations.

In this film the actor who plays Christ uses the word "Munahma" in reference to the "Spirit" that is to come after Christ Jesus. Bear in mind that these words are transliterations and not the actual Arabic or Asyric texts

2014/12/18 00:45:18