Do you know the true story behind Bloody Mary?

LMWolf 2008/07/20 19:45:28
I am a history nerd so I'll inform you if you do not already know:

Bloody Mary is the nickname the English people gave Mary Tudor, The Daughter of Henry the 8th {the infamous 6 wife tyrant} and his first wife Katherine of Aragon. Mary took after her mother as a devout catholic and when she took the throne after her father and her little brother Edward died, she worked to bring England back to the Catholic religion that her father had demolished and attempted to restore, after her father died, her brother took the throne bringing back the Protestant religion. When she took to the throne to bring back the opposition of Catholic Religion in England she burned thousands of Protestants as heretics; giving her the name 'Bloody Mary' {It was even rumored that she bathed in virgin girls blood to keep young, which is probably as old wives tale} When she died from Cancer, Elizabeth I her step sister and a devout Protestant took to the throne and hence the Golden Elizabethan Era, The Reformation or the Renaissance as many like to call it.

• MWS 2013/11/16 18:51:50
  • brian selph 2013/10/26 12:38:00
    I already knew this...
    brian selph
    http://www.lakecountysuburban... look up this and u will find the true story about bloody mary
  • bacon.nivison 2012/11/06 19:01:53
    I already knew this...
    bacon.nivison
    Actually this one one of the more popular of several theories. This one is nicely folklorish however. Daughter of King Henry. There are even tales that she gave birth to a "ghost"...
  • tarheel96 2012/09/20 19:04:26
    I already knew this...
    tarheel96
    Mary did not burn thousands; it is estimated that only about 300 people were burned at the stake during her reign. Her father, on the other hand, was responsible for many thousands of deaths -- by various means -- during his reign, and thus is far more deserving of the "Bloody" moniker than poor Mary. The woman who is rumored to have bathed in the blood of young girls in order to retain her youthful appearance is Hungarian Countess Elizabeth Bathory....not Queen Mary of England.
  • Acacia Slocum 2012/09/06 00:37:26
    I already knew this...
    Acacia Slocum
    What about the "Bloody Mary I have your baby" thing people say? Did she ever truly have a child and it died or something? Or is this just with legend?
  • Iknowal... Acacia ... 2013/05/11 07:18:42
    Iknowalmosteverything
    +1
    Legend has it that Queen Mary 1 (thats where bloody mary usually originates) had 2 false or phantom pregnancies thus leading to her death from cancer
  • lacey 2012/06/23 05:15:53
    Never knew that but it's interesting
    lacey
    i am very afraid to do bloddy mary but my friends try to make me do it i say yes but i end leaving the bathroom:(i feel like a chicken:P
  • stevegtexas@aol.com 2012/06/03 20:56:38 (edited)
  • Dannetra Garner 2012/02/10 17:07:33
    I already knew this...
    Dannetra Garner
    Ok this is not the real story .....The true story is this..Before all the hospital stuff was invinted,The doctors couldnt tell if the person died or is alive so they burried them in the ground in the backyard and have a bell in the ground to they could ring it and get them out quickly and Mary was very very sick and she was unconsious so they put her in the ground in their backyard with a bell,a horrible storm came in and she rang the bell alot of times but her parents could not hear it so when the storm was over they heard a tiny bell in the backyard and they dug her up but when they got her up...it was to late she died from suffication and it was blood all over her face so they put her in the grave yard this is the real story
  • whitedeer Dannetr... 2012/02/28 23:42:02
    whitedeer
    +2
    you know thats funny because that sounds like one of the episodes on ghost whisperer, Bloody mary started in the renaissance era. Mary tudor was believed to have killed virgin service girls and bathed in her blood because she believed that it captured youth and was also one of the ideas stroker used for the dracula stories. Funny how urban ledgend change from one period to another.
  • whitedeer whitedeer 2012/02/28 23:42:41
    whitedeer
    +2
    Urban ledgends are just that they are stories that are added with enough imagination that one would actually fear it. Now a person can scare themselves to the point of death, because they are so freaked out that they see what scares them and their heart can not handle it
  • kyle whitedeer 2012/03/21 23:24:00 (edited)
    kyle
    +1
    Dracula was just a legend the story goes he was the riches man and he had a skin problem so he was only allowed out at night but he would wear a black suit he had vampire bats in his castle that needed blood so when the village people heard screams they would see him standing there so when they call people to come look he was nowhere to be see and they only saw bats flying away that's where they got dracula turning into a bat but when they go to the bodies there are two bit marks on there necks so he finally dead from his skin problem and was put in a cofin in one of the rooms upstairs he had pictures of himself on the walls so when village people heard that he died they wanted to see so they went to his castle and they went back to the village saying they saw him but what they saw was not real in was there minds playing trics with them what the saw is what they were hoping to see so it came true but in there subcontions but they did not know that so they went back screaming with fear dracula has returned dracula has returned the village people went back and put a wooden stake through his heart and and took down his photo's then they never saw him so that's where the wooden stake comes in and the wearwolf working with the dracula is also a legend a female wolf was living in th...
    Dracula was just a legend the story goes he was the riches man and he had a skin problem so he was only allowed out at night but he would wear a black suit he had vampire bats in his castle that needed blood so when the village people heard screams they would see him standing there so when they call people to come look he was nowhere to be see and they only saw bats flying away that's where they got dracula turning into a bat but when they go to the bodies there are two bit marks on there necks so he finally dead from his skin problem and was put in a cofin in one of the rooms upstairs he had pictures of himself on the walls so when village people heard that he died they wanted to see so they went to his castle and they went back to the village saying they saw him but what they saw was not real in was there minds playing trics with them what the saw is what they were hoping to see so it came true but in there subcontions but they did not know that so they went back screaming with fear dracula has returned dracula has returned the village people went back and put a wooden stake through his heart and and took down his photo's then they never saw him so that's where the wooden stake comes in and the wearwolf working with the dracula is also a legend a female wolf was living in the castle when dracula died but she slept in the hole there by dracula's cofin and whoever went there got killed by her then the villages went there and killed her with a silver pole and she died first time so that's where the silver comes in and to put your mind to rest why the female wolf killed the people that came there to the cofin no not because she was working with the dracula like they make in the movies no she had pups and was protecting them like every mother would do so that's the real story about dracula and the wearwolf...
  • Samira ... Dannetr... 2012/05/12 12:04:24
    Samira Sweetie
    +3
    no this is not a real story u did not writ about the miror that why the bloody mary cames in miror
  • Iknowal... Samira ... 2013/05/11 07:21:59
    Iknowalmosteverything
    +1
    Another legend has thatbloody mary was once a very beautiful women that loved to look t herself in the mirror, then one day a freak accident or a jealous party had occured and marrys face was ruined her parents and friends wouldnt let her see her face for fear she would turn insane one day she did and legend has it that she died looking into the mirror from shcok
  • Iknowal... Dannetr... 2013/05/11 07:20:09
    Iknowalmosteverything
    +1
    Its not the real story in fact it could be there are tons of various stories of where or the legend of bloody marry
  • William 2012/01/29 05:38:24
    this is the first i've ever heard about this.
    William
    I REALLY WANA KNW IF YOU SAY BLOODY MARY WILL YOU SEE HER AND GET A SCAR?
  • Shyanne Vanblair 2012/01/18 19:05:30
    Shyanne Vanblair
    you see i dont know anyting about bloody mary but i have just resentley been into it for some odd reason but i do believe in her legend because one of my very best friends did this one friday night that i was supposed to be over but i was grounded so she was all alone and she had said bloody marys name 3 times and in the moring her parents found her on her bathroom floor dead. so ever since then i have belived in the uban legend of bloody mary.
  • architectDESIGNERia 2012/01/17 19:32:01
    I already knew this...
    architectDESIGNERia
    I knew of this, but wonder how the child's game in the mirror relates? I suspect kids were just bullied with the concept because it really is a horrific story.
  • peggy.r... archite... 2013/01/04 19:12:46
    peggy.ramirez1
    +13
    Thats interesting id like to know the same thing
  • kwkatlielove02@gmail.com 2012/01/10 05:02:40
    I already knew this...
    kwkatlielove02@gmail.com
    well i know she real and i believe in her because i went to bad i sow her and am not lie but i fell asleep
  • 2012/01/09 13:19:31
    The real story was of a girl that lived for a long time ago, cant remember what age, she had a little baby and she was also pritty good with black magic, people called her a witch. a crazy woman stole her baby one day cause she ment that she has killed her baby. so she stole her baby killed it and throw it in her bathtub, when bloody mary found out this, she got realy sad and found out it was no reason living with out her little baby, so she took suicide in her bathtub with the baby, and after that day alot of people around where she lived disespaired around her area, and people found them normaly dead in bathtubs with loads of blood. atleast the legend say so and in my head this is the story that gives the most sence, reason her name is bloody, reason you have to take on water etc.
  • Alex Lubberts 2011/11/19 18:53:21
    Never knew that but it's interesting
    Alex Lubberts
    we did this in the bathroom without a candle and it was so scary everone kept screaming about everything
  • surya Alex Lu... 2012/01/07 06:24:45
    surya
    +1
    no it is not true
  • kwkatli... surya 2012/01/10 05:24:47
    kwkatlielove02@gmail.com
    yes it is
  • kwkatli... surya 2012/01/10 05:33:21
    kwkatlielove02@gmail.com
    yes it is
  • kwkatli... Alex Lu... 2012/01/10 05:24:36
    kwkatlielove02@gmail.com
    +2
    it real
  • Cynthia Silva 2011/10/28 23:41:06
    Cynthia Silva
    how intrestinggg
  • Colton Stoddard 2011/08/29 19:18:06
  • Leandrae Colton ... 2012/02/24 14:00:40
    Leandrae
    +2
    Ok if you are related to her then you would know her real name. I first heard about her from my 12th grade English teacher. Her name was Elizabeth and she was very vain. She went to a "socerer" for a remedy to look young and beautiful. He told her to bath in young beautiful girl's blood. So, she would take young beautiful peasant girls and actually place them in a mummy like tomb with spikes and a whole that drained the blood to her bath that she would bath in while the girls were being tortured to their death. She still kept aging and went back to the socerer in which he told her that they had to be young, noble beautiful women. So, she opened a boarding school for girls. After hundreds of deaths and parents not being able to see their daughters, they grew concerned and had her investigated. When they found out what was going on they burned her at the stake as a witch. I have also watched a paranormal show just to see if what my teacher spoke was true. Sure enough, her name was Elizabeth and she is still consider one the the most notorious serial killers, killing over 300 something GIRLS. Nothing was ever mentioned about the Catholic church or her murders dealing with it at all. I am not Catholic and do not believe in the religion what so ever. I just wanted to see what other's have heard about the subject.
  • tracey 2011/08/20 23:35:30
    Never knew that but it's interesting
    tracey
    verry interasting but i was expecting more
  • Janeth Cruz 2011/05/03 22:29:07
    Never knew that but it's interesting
    Janeth Cruz
    what the heck this is part scary part interesting
  • kelsie 2011/02/21 19:12:20
    Never knew that but it's interesting
    kelsie
    omg people bloody mary will not show in your mirror! so dont get scared im not kiding she is not real
  • Kimberl... kelsie 2011/08/11 22:52:51
  • kwkatli... kelsie 2012/01/10 05:33:58
    kwkatlielove02@gmail.com
    hes is real
  • ii_bestuevahad 2010/12/07 02:27:11
    I already knew this...
    ii_bestuevahad
    What I heard was that a girl named Mary Tudor slipped into a coma. Back in her days they didn't know what it was. So they were unsure. But they buried her anyway!! They tied a string around her hand and attached it to a bell! If the bell rang she was still alive. Her mother stayed out their waiting but then her father got the mother. Their are two versions of the end.: They father went outside the next day to check. The bell was on the
    ground. He then digged up the grave and found her finger nails bloody and the top of the coffin scratched up. The other version is that after a few days the mother convinced them to dig her up. When they did her fingers were bloody and the coffin was scratched up either way she was DEAD!
  • Janeth ... ii_best... 2011/05/03 22:31:16
    Janeth Cruz
    +2
    i agree that is true the first version
  • sean ii_best... 2012/08/10 05:02:35
  • sean sean 2012/08/10 05:07:46
    sean
    +1
    Oops hit post on accident.... Anyway.... Adultery was the worst thing you could do back then. She became pregnant . When it was found out she was pregnant, she was tried in front of the town. She refused to name the man she committed adultery with. (since she wasn't married, the child was considered a child of satan.) Her punishment was to be tortured by being tied to a tree and cut on the face by each town member, so that she would be too ugly God any
  • sean sean 2012/08/10 05:18:24
    sean
    +2
    Oops hit post again damn it.... She would be too ugly for any man too want her ever again. They placed a large mirror in front of her so she could see her ugliness. She was cut so bad her face was bloody as hell. Then the man she slept with had his turn to cut her, and instead he stabbed her repeatedly in the stomach so she wouldn't eventually tell on him. Just before she died, she vowed get her revenge on the town, and any one that said her name again. That's the story, that's where the bloody name comes from, that's where the mirror comes into play. Period. Google it if you think this is not true. I don't believe she will come out on you today, unless you are a decendant or some sort of blood relation to one of the town members, but hey, I could be wrong about that. I actually song believe she comes out if mirrors at all, but that's hat story that really happened. Thanks. Reply if you agree.
  • sean sean 2012/08/10 05:22:33
    sean
    +1
    Also, I was typing on my cell phone, and it changes some of the words to other words cause it thinks it's smarter than me. So I'm not retarded, I know how to spell, just this damn phone! Lol

2014/08/31 06:36:44