Do you know Martin Luther King was a Republican?? What do you think MLK would feel about whats going on with the liberals and protesters today???

hazel 2012/06/05 12:57:45
How I wish MARTIN was here with us today, I am sure he would be disgusted and ashamed of the liberals and the protesters. MARTIN was a true leader, a strong man,who wasnt perfect and he reminded us of that , but he preached the word of GOD and spent his whole life bringing all of us together......He was not afraid of riducle and he was a man of peace.......He was a wonderful example for all of us...I miss him....I was blessed to have been alive on earth with him.....

• Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/06/05 14:25:49 (edited)
    I wish he were here today
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +29
    He wouldn't be for either side; both are attacking their fellowman for trivial reasons over politicians. So he wouldn't be for Conservatives either; he was a real man of peace and supported everyone, even the people who hated him.

MLK

I wish both sides would stop using his name in vain for their own agenda.

• Dion Pr... Uranos7 2012/06/14 00:38:27
    Dion Prince
    the opinion is based on a person who studied King and wrote about him. not a person who just googled somethings and then became an overnight "expert"
    so your opinion, is just that, an Opinion
  • Uranos7 Dion Pr... 2012/06/18 10:57:00
    Uranos7
    Dr. Kings own words and the opinion of his family members trump any opinion from someone who never met him.
  • Dion Pr... Uranos7 2012/06/18 14:14:53
    Dion Prince
    his family members? lmao OH LORD. those bunch of media grabbing attention hogs who have done so little for civil rights while living off of their father's name? THOSE family members?
  • Uranos7 Dion Pr... 2012/06/20 03:36:32
    Uranos7
    Yes those that grew up around him and saw him on a daily basis, not someone who read books about him written by people that wanted to use his name in their cause.
  • Dion Pr... Uranos7 2012/06/20 12:55:53
    Dion Prince
    and they, just like you and me, are making an assumption.
  • Uranos7 Dion Pr... 2012/06/20 17:40:35
    Uranos7
    Who knows your grandfather better you or someone who read something about him somewhere?
  • Dion Pr... Uranos7 2012/06/20 18:07:11
    Dion Prince
    well since they didnt really know him at all since his kids were children when he die...
  • Uranos7 Dion Pr... 2012/06/20 21:36:05
    Uranos7
    My grandfather on my mother's side died before I was born but I know more about him than anyone who read a book.
  • Pat 2012/06/06 19:36:55
    MLK was not perfect he made mistakes
    +3
    Everyone, including MLK, makes mistakes. If he were alive today I believe he'd be a Democrate or Independent. Over the years, the philosophies of the two parties have switched to a big degree. So it could go either way. As a minister, he may or may not have agreed with gay marriage so he may have remained a Republican. No one could say for sure what he would have done today.
  • gookoy 2012/06/06 17:00:52
    I have another answer
    gookoy
    +1
    Was he a CONSERVATIVE Republican or a LIBERAL Republican?
  • Kaleoku... gookoy 2012/06/06 19:32:02 (edited)
    Kaleokualoha
    +6
    He was pro-union, pro-civil rights, and anti-Vietnam War, which placed him in direct opposition to conservatives like J. Edgar Hoover, Bull Connor, George Wallace, and Strom Thurmond. He was even accused of being a communist!

Further, "Martin Luther King, Jr was in fact an advocate for reproductive choice for women and was one of the original recipients of The Margaret Sanger Award. During his acceptance speech, he expressed admiration for Sanger's life's work and a belief that life is made better for people who are able to control the sizes of their families."
    - http://jezebel.com/5876611/no...

This qualifies him as "liberal" in the context of mid-20th century America.
  • Uranos7 Kaleoku... 2012/06/12 06:21:30
    Uranos7
    He referred to abortions as mistakes which a woman should seek forgiveness for so he did not support abortions.
    The speech you refer too was not given by hhim, and many believe it was not written by him.
  • Bali 2012/06/06 16:45:33
    I wish he were here today
    Bali
    maybe he could talk or beat some sense into these pos sob's
  • my2cents 2012/06/06 15:43:18 (edited)
    I have another answer
    my2cents
    MLK was NOT a Republican, Hazel. He never claimed Republican status.

You've got a long, boring summer ahead of you, don't you?
  • Kaleoku... my2cents 2012/06/06 19:33:15
    Kaleokualoha
    +1
    Actually, he was Republican during the period that the GOP was more progressive on civil rights until their "Southern Strategy":

SOUTHERN STRATEGY

[QUOTE]
    In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to the Republican Party strategy of winning elections in Southern states by exploiting anti-African American racism and fears of lawlessness among Southern white voters and appealing to fears of growing federal power in social and economic matters (generally lumped under the concept of states' rights). Though the "Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery prior to the American Civil War and segregation for a century thereafter, many white Southern Democrats stopped supporting the party following the civil rights plank of the Democratic campaign in 1948 (triggering the Dixiecrats), the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, and desegregation.

The strategy was first adopted under future Republican President Richard Nixon and Republican Senator Barry Goldwater[1] in the late 1960s.[2] The strategy was successful in some regards. It contributed to the electoral realignment of Southern states to the Republican Party, but at the exp...

SOUTHERN STRATEGY

[QUOTE]

The strategy was first adopted under future Republican President Richard Nixon and Republican Senator Barry Goldwater[1] in the late 1960s.[2] The strategy was successful in some regards. It contributed to the electoral realignment of Southern states to the Republican Party, but at the expense of losing more than ninety percent of black voters to the Democratic Party. As the twentieth century came to a close, the Republican Party began trying to appeal again to black voters, though with little success.[2] In 2005, Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized for his party's use of the Southern Strategy in the previous century.[3]
    [END QUOTE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/... ]
  • Marianne Kaleoku... 2012/06/08 22:06:17
    Marianne
    +1
    Quite interesting to get all these details - that confirms indeed the drastic "changeover" of these two parties. Presently, the democrats get along easier with European mentalities, in spite of the many economic disagreements.
  • hazel my2cents 2012/06/07 02:08:24 (edited)
    hazel
    I am so happy and life is never boring for me..hope your not dissapointed...do your home work ,you are so wrong about MLK
  • ehrhornp hazel 2012/06/09 01:16:52
    ehrhornp
    +1
    Great response. Don't like what someone says so just say that person is wrong. No backup, just say he is wrong. As if your word is good enough. lol
  • hazel my2cents 2012/06/08 04:56:54
    hazel
    You need to educate your self this summer so YOU wont be bored ,you will learn something
  • Mungu 2012/06/06 15:41:47 (edited)
    MLK was not perfect he made mistakes
    Mungu
    Both sides are jive turkey suckas. Dr. King was not perfect and certainly not a saint.
    Also if he was alive he would be considered a "trouble maker" and not liked by most.

BTW, the above is why he got killed, not "having a Dream".
  • kneedragon76 2012/06/06 15:25:08
    I think MARTIN would have tears in his eyes at the way the liberals and prote...
    kneedragon76
    +1
    MLK wanted people to be accountable and encuraged the black race to step up. Today democrats use the black pitty machine to their advantage. Now lets talk about Margrette Sanger, the white suppremicist that started planned parent hood to kill millions of blacks.
  • Latti I... kneedra... 2012/06/06 16:28:04
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    Black people have always stepped up; what are you talking about?
  • kneedra... Latti I... 2012/06/06 16:45:13
    kneedragon76
    +1
    as can be seen in all of bario's in North America. Yes there are achievers out there, but for the most part Black america won't let go of what happened 100 years ago. They also expect obama money. Don't get me wrong it isn't an easy path and there are racist on both sides but I think MLK like Cosby would be appauled at the black community and how liberals manipulate them today. Fact is I think there is more racial tension with obama in office then there was before...
    Just saying
  • Latti I... kneedra... 2012/06/06 17:23:38 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    "but for the most part Black america won't let go of what happened 100 years ago."

The people who talk about what happened 100 years ago the most are White people on this site. MSNBC low ratings should give you a clue; in addition being thousands of achievers out there, past and present. If you really think MLK would side with people like Pat Buchanan, Michael Savage, Rush Limbaugh, Santorum and the list goes on, then you don't know what he was about.

He wouldn't be for Obama, because he was anti-war, but he wouldn't be for the Republicans. He would be for the people who are patriots for all Americans, not just a certain demographic.
  • kneedra... Latti I... 2012/06/06 18:01:01
    kneedragon76
    ROTFLMFAO - Anti-War REALLY. what about the unconstitutional involvements in Egypt, Libya, and Syria. At least Bush got congressional approval for afghanistan and Iraq. All obama did was turn over power to the oldest know islamic terriorist group known to man (muslim brotherhood). Obama is the biggest divider this country has ever know on Race, Sex, Wealth, and Gender. Give me a f'n break! Then there is Eric Holder who allows Black Panters to get off scott free for voter intemidations because apparently Backs can't be guilty of Race Crimes.
  • Latti I... kneedra... 2012/06/06 18:25:52 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    "The people who talk about what happened 100 years ago the most are White people on this site. MSNBC low ratings should give you a clue; in addition being thousands of achievers out there, past and present. If you really think MLK would side with people like Pat Buchanan, Michael Savage, Rush Limbaugh, Santorum and the list goes on, then you don't know what he was about."

"He wouldn't be for Obama, because he was anti-war, but he wouldn't be for the Republicans. He would be for the people who are patriots for all Americans, not just a certain demographic."

reading comprehension
  • Marianne Latti I... 2012/06/08 22:16:13
    Marianne
    +1
    I think that slaved people should stand up against tyranny, whatever their origin!
  • hazel Marianne 2012/06/08 23:52:33
    hazel
    WELL THEN THAT MEANS JUST ABOUT ALL OF US IF YA WANNA GO BACK IN HISTORY
  • Marianne hazel 2012/06/09 06:22:47
    Marianne
    Yes, there have been many oppressed populations and ethnic groups throughout the world! And think of all the populations and especially women who are still treated as second class citizens, even in our civilized occidental world!
  • hazel Marianne 2012/06/09 17:37:30
    hazel
    So its time to get over it for GODS SAKE
  • Marianne hazel 2012/06/09 17:54:55
    Marianne
    There is not much culture behind swearing.
  • Kaleoku... kneedra... 2012/06/09 01:20:58
    Kaleokualoha
    What evidence do you have that Sanger was "the white suppremicist that started planned parent hood to kill millions of blacks"?

"Martin Luther King, Jr was in fact an advocate for reproductive choice for women and was one of the original recipients of The Margaret Sanger Award. During his acceptance speech, he expressed admiration for Sanger's life's work and a belief that life is made better for people who are able to control the sizes of their families."
    - http://jezebel.com/5876611/no...
  • dandieselonian 2012/06/06 15:08:11
    I have another answer
    dandieselonian
    +1
    He would be breeding with as many white women as possible
  • Kaleoku... dandies... 2012/06/09 01:22:31
    Kaleokualoha
    Do you have any evidence that he "bred" with ANY white women?
  • dandies... dandies... 2012/06/09 01:25:47
    dandieselonian
    He liked women thats no secrete , he was a handsome man and Im sure some white women were anxious to get with him . I can only hope he had all he wanted of those earthly delights.
  • Kaleoku... dandies... 2012/06/09 03:32:23 (edited)
    Kaleokualoha
    Yes he liked women, and some white women may have wanted to get with him. But that is not the issue. Once again: Do you have any evidence that he "bred" with ANY white women?
  • dandies... Kaleoku... 2012/06/09 12:46:43
    dandieselonian
    sodahead is all BS and speculation , do you have any evidence he didnt ?
  • Kaleoku... dandies... 2012/06/09 19:03:20
    Kaleokualoha
    No evidence either way. The burden of proof is always upon those making claims.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Moynihan
  • dandies... Kaleoku... 2012/06/09 20:29:59
    dandieselonian
    Thats the last person I want to hear a quote from , what a fartbag
  • Mike J. Hirak 2012/06/06 14:00:44
    I have another answer
    Mike J. Hirak
    +1
    Did you know Martin Luther King was an adulterer and a child molester? He's not the kind of person I would look up to...

2014/09/21 16:19:58