Do you know Martin Luther King was a Republican?? What do you think MLK would feel about whats going on with the liberals and protesters today???

hazel 2012/06/05 12:57:45
How I wish MARTIN was here with us today, I am sure he would be disgusted and ashamed of the liberals and the protesters. MARTIN was a true leader, a strong man,who wasnt perfect and he reminded us of that , but he preached the word of GOD and spent his whole life bringing all of us together......He was not afraid of riducle and he was a man of peace.......He was a wonderful example for all of us...I miss him....I was blessed to have been alive on earth with him.....

• Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/06/05 14:25:49 (edited)
    I wish he were here today
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +29
    He wouldn't be for either side; both are attacking their fellowman for trivial reasons over politicians. So he wouldn't be for Conservatives either; he was a real man of peace and supported everyone, even the people who hated him.

MLK

I wish both sides would stop using his name in vain for their own agenda.

• debrarae POTL _ PWCM 2012/06/21 03:07:57
    I think MARTIN would have tears in his eyes at the way the liberals and prote...
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
  • DJPanicDC 2012/06/15 20:00:58
    I wish he were here today
    DJPanicDC
    where do you get "republican"? This is a man who stood by the Unions who called capitalism a system "permitting necessities to be taken from the many to give luxuries to the few. " The "profit motive" has "encouraged smallhearted men to become cold and conscienceless." and called the price system "violence"
    He once asked
    'Who owns the oil?' You begin to ask the question, 'Who owns the iron ore?' You begin to ask the question, 'Why is it that people have to pay water bills in a world that is two-thirds water?
    As far as how he would feel about today's protesters all I can say for sure is those who knew him and marched with him then such as John Lewis and Dick Gregory who march with us still seem to think he'd approve
  • debrara... DJPanicDC 2012/06/21 13:27:19 (edited)
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    As Martin Luther King's own RELATIVES insisted, he was in FACT a REGISTERED REPUBLICAN.

http://www.nbra.info/index.cf...

http://answers.yahoo.com/ques...

Nice 'try' though.
  • Uranos7 2012/06/12 05:54:26
    Uranos7
    As the leader of the SCLC, King maintained a policy of not publicly endorsing a U.S. political party or candidate: "I feel someone must remain in the position of non-alignment, so that he can look objectively at both parties and be the conscience of both—not the servant or master of either."

In a 1958 interview, he expressed his view that neither party was perfect, saying, "I don't think the Republican party is a party full of the almighty God nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses ... And I'm not inextricably bound to either party."

King critiqued both parties' performance on promoting racial equality:
    In truth he was neither.
    Although he did commend several members of the republican party including Nixon for their civil rights accomplishments because at the time the democratic party was filibustering the civil rights act and supporting segregation. Thus he allowed republicans to appear with him while they were on the campaign trail, if they supported the issues he supported.
    The only democrat he ever considered endorsing was JFK.
  • Phyl *In God i Trust* 2012/06/10 03:09:26
    Phyl *In God i Trust*
    +3
    The way some act he would be ashamed of the libs.
  • gocar 2012/06/09 04:25:29
    I have another answer
    gocar
    And where did they little gem come from. Martin Luther King Jr. a Republican. Dream on friend. He argued with Johnson over the war but that certainly did not drive him to the GOP
  • ehrhornp 2012/06/09 01:06:00
    I have another answer
    ehrhornp
    Yes I know Martin Luther King was a republican. So was Eisenhower. No way they would still be republican today. Today the republican party would more likely send both to Gitmo.
  • hazel ehrhornp 2012/06/09 01:46:17
    hazel
    +1
    oh was that the same place OBAMA SAID HE WOULD CLOSE IN ONE YEAR AFTER HE BECAME president??
  • ehrhornp hazel 2012/06/09 02:02:16
    ehrhornp
    Yes but he changed his mind when he Republicans wouldn't allow these people to be kept in the United States.
  • hazel ehrhornp 2012/06/09 17:35:27
    hazel
    So why dont you volunteer to have these killers in your neighborhood
  • ehrhornp hazel 2012/06/09 17:37:16
    ehrhornp
    I wouldn't object. But our prisons are full as it is. But some areas on the mainland would not have this problem.
  • hazel ehrhornp 2012/06/10 02:55:29
    hazel
    good then let them move into your neighborhood
  • ehrhornp hazel 2012/06/10 15:37:51
    ehrhornp
    Rather have them move into your neighborhood. lol
  • hazel ehrhornp 2012/06/14 17:52:13
    hazel
    I am not the one supporting terrorists..I want no part of them in my COUNTRY ,,YOU GO LIVE WITH THEM
  • ehrhornp hazel 2012/06/14 18:33:56
    ehrhornp
    If you support republicans, you are supporting terrorists. Just don't forget that 9/11 happened under full republican control. If you don't want terrorists in America I start you start with ridding the country of homegrown terrorists. You know like that church group who pickets military funerals or who shoot doctors or who want to turn this country into Oceania.
  • hazel ehrhornp 2012/06/14 17:53:07
    hazel
    libbys always change their minds more than they change their underware
  • ehrhornp hazel 2012/06/14 18:34:28
    ehrhornp
    At least we have minds unlike phony conservatives who are really brain dead.
    I have another answer
    he did not accept the status , so he would change partys
    I have another answer
    +1
    MLK would PUKE at his every chance
  • dominic garcia 2012/06/06 21:51:49
    dominic garcia
    +2
    MLK would be very hurt for being used in the liberal's propaganda. He'd be very disappointed in the way Obama is running America to the ground. MLK would be fighting fiercely to get Obama out of the presidency.
  • ehrhornp dominic... 2012/06/09 01:11:42
    ehrhornp
    And how is Obama running America to the ground? Hell the republicans led by GW already did that. Does it make you proud that your party has led the country into most economic collapses in modern times? Makes me disgusted that you idiots would not have even entered WWII due to the potential deficits it would cause and the fact that a democrat recommended it. Such hypocrites. Please don't refer to yourselves as conservative but use the more appropriate term phony conservative.
  • dominic... ehrhornp 2012/06/10 05:39:48
    dominic garcia
    +1
    I am a Democrat who is a conservative, like it or not! I am happy to tell the world, I did not vote for our incompetent president. He is a joke. My party has become very corrupt, we need to clean house and get rid Obama. Four years of him is enough!
  • ehrhornp dominic... 2012/06/10 15:37:21
    ehrhornp
    Obama is conservative. Some democrat you are. You don't even know what conservatism is. He pushed Nixon's plan for health care reform rather than push a truly progressive stance, (single payor)

So you prefer the country to continue sinking into an economic black hole? Shame you have brought into the republican propaganda and would allow the country to fall to the Germans if this was 1941 instead of today. It is people like you who give democrats a bad name. Go join the party of No.
  • dominic... ehrhornp 2012/06/10 16:12:43
    dominic garcia
    +2
    I am not the only democrat who thinks this way. In New Mexico there are plenty of us. We voted for a Republican governor who is getting things done. She is cleaning up the corruption that Bill Richardson created. Remember him, he is one of Obama's best buddies. Obama is nothing like the Kennedy type of democrat who really loved this country. Our country would be doing way better if he would stop catering to other countries. Obama is useless, you just do not want to admit it. He is running a circus at the White house. It use to to be a classy place, but he has down graded it. Our government has become a joke. They can't even keep secrets. That is what happens when people like Obama don't get properly vetted. Obama, his cronies and company are making The White House look more like a Whore House!
  • ehrhornp dominic... 2012/06/10 16:19:08
    ehrhornp
    Obama has been far too conservative. What country have we catered to besides Israel. Do you really think republicans don't kiss Israel' butt?
  • happyday49 dominic... 2012/06/12 05:50:54
    happyday49
    +1
    WOW! I thought I was rough on Pres. Obama. lol
  • dominic... happyday49 2012/06/12 13:14:47 (edited)
    dominic garcia
    Hello happyday49, sorry but, I can not stand the man. I have black friends who are the sweetest God loving people. Obama is nothing like them. There is a really big difference when people really do have a relationship with Jesus. Obama is the biggest fake. In the bible it says we'll be known for our fruits. Obama is not christian. Obama wants us to believe he cares for blacks and hispanics? It infuriates me, because he just uses them to get their votes. Did you know there are tons of black babies being aborted yearly. The number has gotten bigger since Obama became president. He even put a stop to reporting the abortions, there are no statistics for abortions starting 2009. Anyone who messes with God, messes with me, so watch out!!!!!!
  • happyday49 dominic... 2012/06/12 20:48:04
    happyday49
    +1
    Hi dominic, I am all over it, what you have written - I agree. I too have a relationship with Jesus and know a phony when I see/hear it, but most of what Pres. Obama is saying is tricky, and you really have to listen and read between the lines. It is so disgusting and I am heart broken for the babies being aborted because of his stand on abortion, even selective gender. My friends like Obama dispite what he represents and I let them know what type of man he really is. They look at me like I'm crazy or something because I don't support him, even overlooking the fact, as you've written, blacks and hispanics are suffering more under his presidency. Last but not least, I will add to your last sentence. Anyone messes with God, and His creation that cannot protect themselves (babies in the womb), won't support traditional marriage are going down in the worst way!!!!!
  • dominic... happyday49 2012/06/12 21:08:58 (edited)
    dominic garcia
    +1
    Amen sister! I am like you also surrounded by staunch democrats. In New Mexico just about everybody is a democrat to the death. I was like you also trying to convince people that Obama was too good to be true. I would of been ok if he would of kept his promises and was really serving God according to the bible, but he has done the total opposite. I have prayed for him hoping he is going to change his ways. What has really bothered me the most is he told pastor warren from california (during the 2008 campaign) that marriage was between a man and a woman. He knew, that was what us christians wanted to hear. There were some times that even I would question myself, but I still did not vote for him. My feelings about him were 100% correct. He is working not only against America but, against God also. If our country gets Obama for another four years, I really do believe that our country is history in God's eyes. God adores little children and not only did Obama open a wide open door for abortion, but he is also funding abortions for other countries, how crazy has this world become? Both crazy and wicked!
  • happyday49 dominic... 2012/06/16 04:09:42
    happyday49
    +1
    Dominic, it is amazing that we have experienced the same and have felt the same. I just could not vote for him because the feelings weren't just right, but I also did not vote for McCain. I voted for my state and local reps! I have been praying for him as we should, however, he does not want to change. I believe, as you, he is working against God and America. He has opened doors wide for ugly things to run rampart. Also, it did not just start with him, because Bush was spending a lot and there was Clinton before him with NAFTA and the Chinese. Also, power and greed corrupts, and that's what we have. Keep praying for the right change. God bless you and yours!! TTYL
  • dominic... happyday49 2012/06/16 04:26:52
    dominic garcia
    +1
    God bless you and your family also. Yes we need to continue holding our officials accountable, every single one of them. Something good came out of this though, us Christians have awoken both physically and spiritually.
  • Jean 2012/06/06 20:57:40
    Jean
    +3
    Do you think that a man who believed we should judge people based on the "content of their character" would ever support the likes of proven liar and race-baiter Al Sharpton? Shakedown artist Jesse Jackson? Flim-flam man Barack Obama? I think not. Yes, he was flawed, but he made an effort to live up to his ideals.
  • Dion Prince 2012/06/06 19:42:54
    I have another answer
    Dion Prince
    +1
    let me see. he fought for equality amongst all people. including gay and lesbian,
    he would believe in a woman's right to equal pay
    he would believe in a woman's right to her body
    so no he would probably have changed his party to be more liberal or a RINO
  • Uranos7 Dion Pr... 2012/06/12 06:10:17
    Uranos7
    In a CNN report, the author recently highlighted a 1958 letter published in Ebony magazine. In the letter, King responded to an anonymous boy who was confused about his homosexuality.

“I am a boy,” the anonymous person wrote. “But I feel about boys the way I ought to feel about girls. I don't want my parents to know about me. What can I do?”

King, responded to the boy by calling his feelings toward the same gender a “problem,” but stating that he could find a “solution.”

“The type of feeling that you have toward boys is probably not an innate tendency, but something that has been culturally acquired,” King responded in the 1958 column. “You are already on the right road toward a solution, since you honestly recognize the problem and have a desire to solve it.”

He would not have been welcomed by the gay community as he saw homosexuality as a weakness to be overcome.
    He stated that abortions were a mistake that women should seek forgiveness for on more than one occasion.
    He supported equal pay for equal work as republicans do.
    But in fact his beliefs, led him to be neutral and not be led by either party then and it would be the same now.
  • Dion Pr... Uranos7 2012/06/12 10:29:31
    Dion Prince
    did you miss ths part of the article?
    'Yet King would have been a champion of gay rights today because of his view of Christianity, says Michael Long, author of, “I Must Resist: Bayard Rustin’s Life in Letters,” who shared the story of King’s Ebony letter.'

you said "He supported equal pay for equal work as republicans do."
    thats the democrats buddy, or did you forget the bill that was voted down by republicans for equal pay.
  • Uranos7 Dion Pr... 2012/06/13 01:06:20 (edited)
    Uranos7
    Because it was not for equal work it gave deference to those with less education, training, and time of service.
    Your quote is an opinion not a statement by Dr. King.
  • Dion Pr... Uranos7 2012/06/13 12:21:31
    Dion Prince
    and we are both talking about a hypothetical situation by a dead person on an issue that has evolved in the last 50 years since the article was written...
    with time views change. for instance, like when Ronald Regan used to be a democrat.
  • Uranos7 Dion Pr... 2012/06/13 14:04:54
    Uranos7
    The same policies that caused Reagan to switch would have caused Dr. King to remain.

Abraham Lincoln freed the black man. In many ways, Dr. King freed the white man. How did he accomplish this tremendous feat? Where others — white and black —preached hatred, he taught the principles of love and nonviolence. We can be so thankful that Dr. King raised his mighty eloquence for love and hope rather than for hostility and bitterness. He took the tension he found in our nation, a tension of injustice, and channeled it for the good of America and all her people.
    by Ronald Reagan.
  • Dion Pr... Uranos7 2012/06/13 14:39:01
    Dion Prince
    "The same policies that caused Reagan to switch would have caused Dr. King to remain."
    Now who is giving opinion?
  • Uranos7 Dion Pr... 2012/06/13 15:17:05
    Uranos7
    True but mine is based on the decisions he made while still alive while yours is just your opinion.

2014/09/02 23:59:10