Do you know how much money hunting generates for the economy and how much goes to perserving the very animals that are hunted?

Vaprnd 2008/11/10 05:05:19
Yes I am very aware of the contributions of hunters.
Kind of but, I do not really pay attention to it.
No who cares it is still killing.

• GOD 2008/11/10 06:07:15
    GOD
    +1
    I think not enough people hunt
  • Neo 2008/11/10 05:53:49
  • Vaprnd Neo 2008/11/10 05:55:34
    Vaprnd
    Thanks I liked it.
  • CornerBlitz 2008/11/10 05:25:15
    CornerBlitz
    I heard all about in in my hunters safety course, but for me it is just fun.
  • Hank 2008/11/10 05:24:59 (edited)
    Hank
    +1
    It varies from state to state. In Florida, except for the fees charged by the tax collector ($1.00) or agent ($0.50), all of the money spent on fishing and licenses goes to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) to provide optimum sustained use of Florida's fish and wildlife resources. In addition, each license holder that buys a license, helps the FWC to recover excise taxes from the Federal government, which you spend on items such as fishing tackle, boats, and for motor boat fuel taxes, through the Federal Aid in Sportfish Restoration program. The last time I did any serious research, license sales are on a downward trend, thus reducing the funds available to preserve wildlife habitat, etc. Anyone with an interest in wildlife and wild places, actually. License sales help fund nearly 5 million acres of public land, much of it high-quality habitat for everything from whitetail deer to wild turkeys to quail, rabbits and squirrels. Land preserved to produce good numbers of wildlife for hunters continues to do so as long as hunting pressure is managed, as it is today in all states across the nation. That’s why there are more deer and turkeys in America’s woodlands today than there have been in 100 years. But when the interest in hunting goes away, so do the l...
    '
    It varies from state to state. In Florida, except for the fees charged by the tax collector ($1.00) or agent ($0.50), all of the money spent on fishing and licenses goes to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) to provide optimum sustained use of Florida's fish and wildlife resources. In addition, each license holder that buys a license, helps the FWC to recover excise taxes from the Federal government, which you spend on items such as fishing tackle, boats, and for motor boat fuel taxes, through the Federal Aid in Sportfish Restoration program. The last time I did any serious research, license sales are on a downward trend, thus reducing the funds available to preserve wildlife habitat, etc. Anyone with an interest in wildlife and wild places, actually. License sales help fund nearly 5 million acres of public land, much of it high-quality habitat for everything from whitetail deer to wild turkeys to quail, rabbits and squirrels. Land preserved to produce good numbers of wildlife for hunters continues to do so as long as hunting pressure is managed, as it is today in all states across the nation. That’s why there are more deer and turkeys in America’s woodlands today than there have been in 100 years. But when the interest in hunting goes away, so do the license fees. Without funding, the state could wind up selling more of the land currently in the wildlife management programs to make ends meet and these days, the bulldozers are rarely far behind when a piece of woods passes into private ownership.
    Will that happen? Only time will tell. The federal funding I mentioned is figured on a formula where for each dollar the state raises in certain surcharges and taxes, the feds match it with federal monies. I know that's a chunk to chew on, but hope it helps.
  • Vaprnd Hank 2008/11/10 05:32:54
    Vaprnd
    +1
    Wow you know a heck of a lot about the logistics of it. My dad always says "take a kid hunting and you won't have to hunt for the kid" and that has worked out really well for him if you ask him. So i guess I just hope that all hunters will do the same with their kids and I can then take my future generations out hunting and know it is still a good and honored tradition here in America.
  • Hank Vaprnd 2008/11/10 05:40:55
    Hank
    +1
    We do a lot more fishing than we do hunting. What hunting I do recently has been with a camera. I like your Dad's logic about the hunting, I may use that myself in the future. I taught hunter safety courses for more than 20 years along with firearms classes. Until last year I worked very closely with members of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
  • Vaprnd 2008/11/10 05:09:53
    Vaprnd
    +1
    As a hunter I have made myself learn to not only respect the animal after I have taken it but, to also maintain the animals habitat so that my future generations can join me in this. It helps to bring my family together and gives us a vacationon on the weekends that involves us being active and together and practicing morals that are needed in this world today.
  • Dave Sa... Vaprnd 2008/11/10 05:18:19
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    Good for you. I've never been hunting.
  • Vaprnd Dave Sa... 2008/11/10 05:24:21
    Vaprnd
    +1
    Thank you my family takes it very seriously and I love to educate people on the realities of it so that there aren't as many out there who find the idea so repulsive. I love hunting and everything about it it is one of my greatest passions besides my schooling in Electrical Engineering.
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2008/11/10 05:08:43 (edited)
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    No. But I know there are hunting and fishing fees. And I suppose purchasing of gear and equipment and food, etc. help the economy.
  • Vaprnd Dave Sa... 2008/11/10 05:12:37
    Vaprnd
    +1
    Hunters actually contribute 10 billion dollars a year to the economy which doesn't even change during recessions. 435 million of the those dollars goes directly to state parks and organizations for protecting the animals way of life.

2014/09/16 00:55:56