Do You Hate Cops?

ϟM̈ öp̈vytöϟ 2011/03/30 22:47:10
Related Topics: Police, Style, SodaHead, color
Hate
Dislike
Love
Like
I'm not talking about the TV show, this is about real life cops.
How do you feel about them?

talking tv real life cops feel

talking tv real life cops feel

• Michael 2012/06/05 21:21:54
    Love
    Michael
    Of course police officers vary from individual to individual, but it is wrong to hate people or to be prejudiced against cops.

It is the police who catch the bad guys and stop the robber from breaking into your house or mugging old ladies.
  • sammie 2011/04/21 20:30:36
    Hate
    sammie
    +1
    everytime i see one i am in the backseat of his car hahahah
  • cowboy sammie 2011/10/01 16:45:11
    cowboy
    Says a lot for u wotent c anything in tat to laugh about Moran
  • knowledgeispower 2011/04/15 23:14:30
    Dislike
    knowledgeispower
    +1
    I think cops were dicks in high school that want to continue to be for a living.
  • Luciinda 2011/04/06 10:08:27
  • cowboy Luciinda 2011/10/01 16:47:20
    cowboy
    Why are 99% of People never stopped for any reason ,and your stopped for no reason???????????
  • Luciinda cowboy 2011/10/06 07:34:23
    Luciinda
    ? i know several people aswell as my myself that have been pulled over because of the suburb we were driving in and because of race. I just hate them
  • babydoll 2011/04/05 15:27:41
    Dislike
    babydoll
    +1
    i don't like cops but they do their job.they don't always do their job right but they do it....when i got pulled over i had a very nice cop...others are something else....so i guess it depends.
  • Candi 2011/04/04 21:09:59
    Dislike
    Candi
    +1
    There alot of crooked cops
  • big dipper 2011/04/04 13:35:46 (edited)
    Like
    big dipper
    They give you ticket but most time I am in the wrong. Otherwise they are needed and are necessary. I think it is crazy they pay prison guards more then street police. By doing that we create an atmosphere where police can be tempted by corruption.

This will be the next group villianized by the right. They want cheap law enforcement, yet who was the last president to place a priority on placing more police on the beat. Answer: Bill Clinton!
  • Princess 2011/04/04 13:34:02
    Dislike
    Princess
    +1
    It just depends on what they do......
  • SEAL76 2011/04/03 20:04:38
    Like
    SEAL76
    I would say that the majority of police officers are good people. There are some that are total buttheads and have no business carrying a firearm. The problem is that they are all hampered by the ACLU types that don't allow them to stop crime before it happens. On the other hand we don't need SWAT teams running around armed like DELTA or SEALs busting into people's homes.
  • Timetraveler 2011/04/03 14:14:31
    Like
    Timetraveler
    cops can't be everywhere at once. but I have two problems with police. 1 they never stop being police. it's a job. and when the shift ends become human again. 2. they become cynics! after months on the streets or in the car, they tend to distrust everyone and everything. they should be required to rotate off the streets into the office for a month every four.
  • EricVanSingleton 2011/04/02 22:35:59 (edited)
    Dislike
    EricVanSingleton
    +1
    I appreciate their purpose, but I have yet to benefit from their presence. When I was very young my father was murdered. I've been the victim of several burglaries and an assualt. I've nearly been killed by guys who like to drag race through my neighborhood. No one has ever been held accountable for the crimes committed against me or my family. I've gotten traffic tickets instead of warnings. I've been blinded by flood lights shined in my face while walking my dog at night. Because I am Black, I have yet to feel protected or served by law enforcement. And while I've been disappointed in the equity of how law enforcement services are rendered, I still pray for all who are charged with keeping me safe.
  • Timetra... EricVan... 2011/04/03 14:17:18
    Timetraveler
    your an honorable man, to be faced with the inproprieties you have faced it would be hard not to go native on the system.
  • patriot88000 2011/04/02 20:39:58
    Dislike
    patriot88000
    +1
    I seriously dislike the dishonesty of the police. The police make the claim that they are in a dangerous profession, yet how many time do the vast majority of the public actually threaten or cause harm to the police officers. Most of the public either respect the police or fear the police. After all, the police are armed with Mace, Baton, Gun, Tazer, and a Radio for calling back-up, the average citizen is armed with nothing.
    With this being said, what in reality do the police fear and why would the police even have a fear of their life being threatened. While at the same time having all of these weapons to depend upon. Sure you will find a few people not willing to obey the police but the vast majority of people don't respect the police but they fear the police. The police are not only armed but also have the authority to take anybody to jail if they happen to disagree or dispute the police. The legal system will always work in the favor of the police, and against the average citizen.
  • Alanys Chavez 2011/04/02 19:40:46
  • whatsername_333 2011/04/02 15:49:29
  • *Idontcausecommotions,IAMone* 2011/04/02 13:13:47
    Like
    *Idontcausecommotions,IAMone*
    They are OK. I never did anything to them, and they never did anything to me, so it's all good. :)
  • Limeh 2011/04/02 07:38:21
    Dislike
    Limeh
    +1
    I don't mind cops to much.. its the bloody community support officers that bug me.
  • angel face 2011/04/02 02:22:40
    Hate
    angel face
    i really hate them
  • BrokenArrow 2011/04/02 01:22:28
    Love
    BrokenArrow
    +2
    Being a Cop these days is a thankless job. Cops are the bad guys when they are behind you with their lights on because you were speeding and late for work, but when you flip your car cause your speeding in the rain and the cop is the first one there to try and get you out, then they are heros. We need to remember what a tough job cops have and try to teach our kids to respect LE
  • caroline BrokenA... 2011/04/02 18:37:58
    caroline
    Brilliantly said,if you live a decent lawful life you should have no reason to hate them.
  • patriot... BrokenA... 2011/09/30 22:54:56
    patriot88000
    Please explain to me what a "tough job" police have.
    1 They are paid fairly well with taxpayers money.
    2. have a great medical and retirement pension plan paid for by taxpayers money.
    3. Have a Union that supports them in all cases, and the public isn't a part of any scrutiny of police officers only the Police Unions and or Internal Affairs Division (other Police Officers) are allowed to scrutinize a police officers actions of impropriety either on or off duty.
    4. Sure they can save lives or divert traffic when need be but on the other hand all Americans can save lives in an emergency.
  • BrokenA... patriot... 2011/10/03 23:23:29
    BrokenArrow
    Ok I don't know what Law Enforcement Agency is local to you but I live in Rural Missouri.Cops in this area are NOT paid fairly well. I was a store manager for a tiny auto parts store in the same town I live in and I made twice as much money as a deputy sheriff with 10 years on the job. In fact I made $42,000 a year. That's $2,000 more that our county Sheriff himself. Our cops here both county and city are NOT protected by unions. The officers pay a great deal of money towards their retirements,they ARE subject to public scrutiny. Our agencies here DO NOT have internal affairs divisions. They are way to small for that. If there is a complaint lodged against an officer or a department here it goes straight to the State Attorney Generals office for investigation. Oh by the way our Sheriff is an elected official so yes they are subject to public scrutiny. In fact about 2 years ago a local officer was arrested by his own department for DWI and lost his job on top of the regular penalties a civilian would get. Oh yeah and their medical insurance SUCKS. I know all this because I left my $42,000 a hyear job to go to work for the sheriff's office.
  • patriot... BrokenA... 2011/10/24 05:09:26 (edited)
    patriot88000
    I appreciate your honesty and integrity, most City or State Police Officers aren't under the same scrutiny that County Sheriff's are and are protected by Unions and their "Code Blue" Code of Silence towards other officers inpropriaties. I live in Illinois and I am always hearing about the corruption of Chicago City Police, From what I understand the same problem with Police Officers exists in Louisiana as well again City police officers.
    And then you have the State Police officers in Tennessee confiscating money from traveling motoristsd on their State Highways claiming the money was drug related without having to show any proof of the money being involved in a crime, circumventing the 4th amentment rights of the citizens by searching them and their vehicle with no warrant or probable cause, which also violates their Due Process. So as you can see it is happening all over the nation and these are just a small fraction of the examples that happen on a daily event. The question I have for you is simple question, and I hope you can answer it honestly.
    What protection or defense does the average citizens have from the police. It is plainly obvious that our police officers all over the nation are becoming much more militarized on a daily basis, with that being said what protection...
    What protection or defense does the average citizens have from the police. It is plainly obvious that our police officers all over the nation are becoming much more militarized on a daily basis, with that being said what protections do we have as average citizens from an out of control or rogue police officer.
    Especially if no witnesses are around and a you should be fully aware that the courts will take the word of a police officer over the word of an average citizen almost 100% of the time.
  • BrokenA... patriot... 2011/10/24 23:33:39
    BrokenArrow
    Of couse folks have protections. I also have heard the stories about power hungry rouge cops and entire departments caught up in corruption. The only reason theyc an get away with it is because the ordinary law abiding citizen doesn't know their rights. No you don't have to concent to searches of your person or your. Ehicle. No they can not threaten to bring a dog to tear up your car, no they can not and will not wake a judge up in the middle of the nightto get a warrant signed which a judge won't grant withoit P.C. So to answer you question what recourse does the a erage citizen have, my answer is this, you have the constitution. You have the media, you have cell phones, if you get pulled over and aregetting harrassed, turn on your video camera. They can not stop you from doing that it is not illegal. Do not say anything except "are you detaining me or am I free to go" and I do not concent to searches. At that point they have to arrest you in order to detain you.
  • Maleficent 2011/04/02 00:27:13
    Dislike
    Maleficent
    +1
    It's kind of undecided for me, sometimes I have no problem with them. But usually I get sick and tired of seeing them around my neighborhood.
  • Lillith 2011/04/01 23:34:10
    Like
    Lillith
    I con't say I love nor hate them. They are there for a reason, even though some can be jerks. All in all I actually hope to become one. Protect and serve and eat doughnuts!
  • Ki Ki 2011/04/01 21:19:01
    Like
    Ki Ki
    they alright i have a few family memebers that are cops
  • Megan 2011/04/01 20:26:10
    Hate
    Megan
    +1
    way to bossy n nosey n unfair
  • Happy 2011/04/01 20:06:39 (edited)
    Like
    Happy
    My parents are both cops >_< retired though, i do like police since they help stop crime but i do admit there is a lot of corruption and un fairness but still they do more good than bad and usually the people who complain about cops are the ones who get in trouble in the first place for actually doing the wrong thing. They are people like anyone of us who have to deal with a-holes causeing trouble constantly, they have to see deadbodies often and deal with hard situations give them some slack. Most cops are good people and those who aren't can't always blaim them. For example its not the police's fault that in New York City at least they get paid more if they fill out a certain number of parking tickets and you actually get punished if you don't fill out enough.
  • BadgerSteveo 2011/04/01 20:06:16
    Dislike
    BadgerSteveo
    +3
    Legalised thuggery. legalised thuggery
  • cowboy 2011/04/01 19:38:12
    Like
    cowboy
    Where would we b without them.
  • patriot... cowboy 2011/04/02 20:54:40
    patriot88000
    In a much freer world, free to make our own decisions on how we can protect and defend ourselves. Police do not prevent crimes as they make the claim they do, armed citizens prevent many more crimes than the police ever would. Police come onto the scene of a crime after a crime has already happened (if they are called) to make reports and make an attempt to solve the problem of who committed the crime. Police as well as the Judicial System stiffel freedom, and overtly committ crimes themselves and because the people investigating police officers are police officers themselves cover up the crimes police officers committ and in many cases are immune from prosecution.
  • cowboy patriot... 2011/04/03 20:57:35
    cowboy
    Ya look at ivory coast.
  • Maya 2011/04/01 19:16:48
    Like
    Maya
    Actually the correct world is "respect". I may like or dislike particular people, depending on their personal qualities. But I usually have respect for vast majority of them.
  • Kavemann 2011/04/01 17:29:42
    Dislike
    Kavemann
    +2
    only because crooked cops seem to be appearing more and more everywhere....:/
  • MikeSchwartz 2011/04/01 17:28:31
    Like
    MikeSchwartz
    +1
    When I was young & stupid, I disliked cops.
  • dink 2011/04/01 16:23:34
    Like
    dink
    +1
    Since I was a cop for 20 years, I would have to say I like most cops. Of course, just like in any profession there are some that one knew that were not as good as I thought they could have been.

2014/08/02 06:35:55