Do you feel that most people on welfare are either lazy, illegal aliens, cheats or/and drug abusers?

bob 2011/11/01 15:13:46
most people who are on welfare are trying to raise childern....
Most people on welfare are either illegal aliens, lazy, cheats or/and drug abusers
most people on welfare are ....
most people on welfare need to be placed into jobs the illegal aliens once held

• Ruadon 2011/11/01 15:19:09
    most people on welfare are ....
    Ruadon
    +11
    just decent people trying to make it as best they can

• Brightsprite62 2011/11/08 15:49:32
    most people on welfare are ....
    Brightsprite62
    +1
    My younger brother is on welfare. He is a single father of 3 (with custody) one of which he has to be avaliable at all times because of the childs Autism. Does he want to work yes. He will someday be able to get a job until then he does the best he can like most parents do. People who make judgments like this better be careful they don't find themselves in a simular spot some day.
  • Tony 2011/11/08 14:51:58
  • atomikmom 2011/11/07 08:19:33
    atomikmom
    +2
    And they are fighting to keep themselves a float, because Jobs are scares and no days you got to have a Big Time Education. It does take money you know, and that is hard to come by if you are honest.
  • KoAm 2011/11/07 05:21:40
    most people on welfare are ....
    KoAm
    I don't know if "most" are, but certainly there are many who fit that description.

People who are on welfare, but who don't really need to be, are guilty of stealing. It's as simple as that.
  • Bill in... KoAm 2011/11/22 18:06:24
  • Dub 2011/11/07 03:03:00
    Most people on welfare are either illegal aliens, lazy, cheats or/and drug ab...
    Dub
    +1
    At least in this area anyway.
  • RobJohn 2011/11/07 01:54:10
    most people on welfare are ....
    RobJohn
    +1
    Should get a job and stop being a burden to everyone else
  • prayer ... RobJohn 2011/11/19 01:06:37
    prayer warrior
    +1
    I would hope that those on welfare are trying to do the best they can. But yes we have those on welfare that are cheaters. How do you root them out?? Some people are on welfare because they have no other choice.
  • RobJohn prayer ... 2011/11/22 00:05:03
    RobJohn
    IMVHO Very, very few have no other choice.
  • prayer ... RobJohn 2011/11/22 02:26:38
    prayer warrior
    When I was a child we were on food stamps for 2 months we had no choice at that time. I remember the look on my father face when he had to get them and it was not pleasant.
  • Tom 2011/11/07 00:43:05
    most people on welfare are ....
    Tom
    +2
    Most people on welfare are just trying to get ahead in life, just like most people not on welfare. Sadly, there is a sizeable group on welfare that indeed is any combination of illegal alien, lazy, cheats, or drug abusers. This ugly minority is the cause of much angst on both sides of the political aisle.
  • Dub Tom 2011/11/07 03:04:01
    Dub
    +1
    The welfare system isn't designed to help you get ahead. Its designed to keep you down.
  • Max7 2011/11/07 00:42:05
    most people on welfare are ....
    Max7
    +3
    Everyone on welfare is not shiftless or lazy, and in our neck of the woods, those that are on welfare are assisted with finding employment. The Bush and Cheney administration caused a lot of people to loose their assets and have to resort to welfare. No matter what, there will always be those who view those on welfare as lazy and shiftless.
  • mal 2011/11/06 23:38:38
    mal
  • Jack's Pearl 2011/11/06 23:36:52
    most people on welfare are ....
    Jack's Pearl
    +5
    much like you and me just down and out of our luck. It's very sad. Of course there are drug users who need help and other types of no gooders, but that is in any class. It's not the whole of the problem.
  • jokeriser 2011/11/05 17:12:59
    most people on welfare are ....
    jokeriser
    unlucky
  • Bitwise Operator 2011/11/04 04:00:56
    Bitwise Operator
    ..and Democrats.
  • Mrkando Bitwise... 2011/11/06 23:39:09
    Mrkando
    +1
    And Republicans!
  • prayer ... Mrkando 2011/11/19 01:08:14
    prayer warrior
    +1
    Amen it seems that Republicans are perfect
  • Mrkando prayer ... 2011/11/19 01:42:11
    Mrkando
    Only on sodahead. In real life they are just like everyone else.
  • prayer ... Mrkando 2011/11/19 04:08:25
    prayer warrior
    You are so right the only good people here are republicans,conservatives, teaparty people, and fundie Christians. Anyone else is a traitor or just plain too dumb to exist..
  • Mrkando prayer ... 2011/11/19 04:54:16
    Mrkando
    Well sounds like you will fit right in here, even if you are afraid to claim what you are where everyone can see it.
  • Fisher 2011/11/02 19:22:41
    most people on welfare are ....
    Fisher
    +3
    like everything else....there are honest and dishonest people. It is just too bad that the dishonest people abuse the system and hurt those that really need the help.
  • Just MEH....Piwan 2011/11/02 14:32:16
    most people on welfare are ....
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +2
    I think most actually need it, but a high percentage of people take advantage of it and abuse the privege!
  • Vegas Dude 2011/11/02 14:14:17
    Vegas Dude
    +1
    This is a hard question to answer, so I had to think about it before deciding to continue. I know there are some people why really need the welfare system, but there are many who are using the system to get a free ride. The latter are the ones who make it bad/hard on the people who really deserve the help. I refuse to say one way or the other as what I think "most" would fall into as there are no real statistics back either claim.

What I think needs to happen though, are all of the "single" parents, who continue having babies just so they can get that free ride should be made to stop. If you are on Welfare, and are not pregnant, you would be allowed to have one more child. I can see accidents happen, but when someone has 15 children, and all of them are born into welfare, clearly something is wrong. In those cases, send the woman to have her tubes tied so she can't have any more. Put her lazy ass to work, and stop the welfare payments.

I also think it's a great idea to put these people, not those who really need the assistance, but the baby factories; put them to work in jobs left open by illegal aliens. That's one way to stop our dependance on illegal labor.
  • prayer ... Vegas Dude 2011/11/19 01:11:51
    prayer warrior
    I agree with almost everything that you have said. I have a problem with sterlization. My solution to that problem would be that at a certian point ,if you continue to have babies the state does not take care of them. Your money does not increase.
  • ELLIE 2011/11/02 13:54:28
    most people on welfare are ....
    ELLIE
    +2
    These days too many people have been pushed on the welfare heap without fault of their own.Losing a job and not being able to get a new one is dreadful enough.To be on welfare and be labelled as lazy is like a double blow.

There are ,of course the lazy ones who have no intention of finding work and illegals shouldn't even have a look in on welfare.
  • JustMe 2011/11/02 06:00:21
    JustMe
    +2
    There are some that honestly need it and are trying to get a job and make it like we were when growing up, but far too many are multi-generation recipients that never worked and never will and have so many ways to work the system its pathetic
  • Alley Cat 2011/11/02 04:15:02
    most people on welfare are ....
    Alley Cat
    +1
    In South Africa, definitely! And they still demand more. Many recent resignations in my area of professional people, so I've heard, say that stress is the cause. Poverty has made teenagers to deliberately become pregnant to be able to get a grant. Some parents encourage and even sell their kids to sex to lay their hands on this. The more kids they say, the better the grant. Comes end of finacial year, they shout the loudest to get the best increase AND THEY BLAME IT ALL ON SOCIETY.
  • NYCbrit 2011/11/02 04:11:05
    most people on welfare are ....
    NYCbrit
    +2
    I'm not going to jump on the name calling bandwagon, I just wanted to say that it seems if you ARE a decent person just trying to get some help thru a hard time, the welfare system is so confusing & difficult to navigate that you end up never getting the help you need.

I've known several people who have tried to get help thru layoffs & such. The workers made them feel like idiots for not knowing all the "ins & outs" automatically. It seems like unless you're on it forever you can't get temporary help at all. Which is just damned sad.
  • Maria R 2011/11/02 03:47:24
    Maria R
    +1
    and there are those who need the temporary help. Unfortunately there are too many who work the system, mostly single moms and illegals around here.
  • twhiting9275 2011/11/02 02:58:46
    twhiting9275
    +2
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    If they rely on welfare continually, there's a problem, NOT with the country, but with them.
  • lyle 2011/11/02 02:53:54
    most people on welfare are ....
    lyle
    The ones I know are
  • ShortyDoWop 2011/11/02 01:35:13
    ShortyDoWop
    +2
    i would hope that it would be people just trying to make ends meet, however you go to your local dss and tell me what you see
  • Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2011/11/02 01:08:46 (edited)
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +2
    And those cheats make it hard for those legit people who have been laid off, are sick and/or also for those who really need the aide.
  • ʂıoвнaп ♡ 2011/11/02 01:08:38
    most people on welfare are ....
    ʂıoвнaп ♡
    +2
    Most people on welfare are unemployed (probably because they were laid off) and need financial help.
  • Tim 2011/11/02 00:46:48 (edited)
    most people on welfare are ....
    Tim
    +3
    I think you have more than 10% unemployment in the US and that finding work can be pretty bloody difficult in your current financial landscape, particularly for those without formal qualifications. Wouldn't that mean that the majority of your welfare recipients are people who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own and are having massive trouble finding more work? If so, wouldn't that mean that they are genuine Americans going through great difficulty and in need of your understanding, acknowledgement and freely given financial assistance?

I sometimes feel like weeping at the mean-spiritedness and the "Bugger you Jack, I'm alright" attitude of conservatives and rednecks throughout the world including in my own country. And the worst part of that is that most people in those groups would classify themselves as good Christians.

What would Jesus say?

EDIT: This is a relevant quote that came through on my Facebook Wall this morning:

Karma: what goes around comes around by PMC
    ‎"Anybody who's ever gone through a hard time - any outsider's perception, no matter how much information they're given, they have no idea what the person's life is like".
    A. Grant

I think that is a quote deserving of enormous consideration.
  • Emanon 2011/11/02 00:34:15
    most people on welfare are ....
    Emanon
    +3
    People who have fallen on hard times and need a bit of help...

Some people on welfare I would imagine are lazy, cheats, illegal aliens, drug abusers.. but I do not believe "most" of them are...
  • Rapier 2011/11/02 00:12:56
    most people on welfare are ....
    Rapier
    +3
    ...facing a road block in their lives that was brought on by THEMSELVES or through no fault of their own...those who are lazy, druggies, cheats and worst of all ILLEGALS comprise the bulk of the welfare dollars spent in this country. They need to be dealt with forcefully without reservation.
  • wildcat 2011/11/02 00:04:39
    wildcat
    +4
    NO, most people on welfare are simply trying to survive on a meager income. Believe me they would all trade places with the wealthy.

2014/12/20 17:04:33