Do you feel safer now than before 9/11??!!

BlueRepublican 2012/04/30 16:09:24

After more than a decade fighting the "Global War on Terror" and with the death of Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden the bombing in the Middle East continues. It is no secret that many security measures were taken and policy changes made to ensure that Americans would feel safe and confident in their government. Americans understood that the only way to ensure our victory would be to do whatever it takes.

The Patriot Act established under the Bush administration and later extended by the Obama administration, for our safety, allowed legal wiretapping of our phone calls and e-mails and general spying on people without a warrant.

The Department of Homeland Security and the TSA where also added to the fed budget at the annual cost of nearly 100 Billion. They quickly went to work implementing full body scanners, pat-downs and overall harrassment at the airport. They have also set up random check points to randomly stop and search vehicles and people without a warrant or probable cause.

The NDAA signed under the Obama administration and supported by Mitt Romney includes provisions for the military to arrest and indefinately detain US citizens and hold them in secret prisons without charge, lawyer or trial doing away completely with the Bill of Rights.

H.R. 347 Trespass bill recently passed to keep people from trespassing on federal restricted buildings and grounds. "Under the act, the government is also given the power to bring charges against Americans engaged in political protest anywhere in the country." Thereby making this type of freedom of speech unlawful.

Congress has recently approved an FAA re-authorization act that calls for 30,000 spy drones by 2020 to patrol the skies ending a right to privacy.

In conclusion, as we continue seeing the further militarization of local police, court-approved gps vehicle trackers, and possible rfid National ID cards....and now that our homes and neighborhoods have become the "battlefield"...

• john Kills 2012/04/30 16:48:58
    No, I do not feel safer
    john Kills
    +7
    I feel more threatened by the coming police state than I ever felt by the terrorists.

• Guido 2012/05/01 13:50:10
    Guido
    +1
    I feel the same way I did in 8-11
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/05/01 13:41:59
  • baxter 2012/05/01 12:51:20
    No, I do not feel safer
    baxter
    +2
    I THINK IT IS WORSE THAN IT WAS IN 2009 AND 2O11
  • LADY LI... baxter 2012/05/06 02:20:52
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    I FEEL THE NOOSE ON MY NECK KEEP TIGHTENING!
  • stevmackey 2012/05/01 12:33:57
    No, I do not feel safer
    stevmackey
    +2
    Now that the country is divided, and any criminal can cross the border and be protected, I certainly do not feel safe,
  • William 2012/05/01 06:55:16
    No, I do not feel safer
    William
    +6
    My government is larger, more intrusive and more trigger happy than ever before. Forget about those guys in the Middle East, it's the guys in D.C. that really scare me.
  • Dave 2012/05/01 06:34:21
    Dave
    I never felt unsafe at anytime. lol Why would anyone feel unsafe?

9/11 showed how sick or sociopathic the USA really is. The Cheney Administration wasn't on top of the situation, and then they proceeded to seek out Iran's enemy. No proof. The response to the US citizens from W was to go buy more stuff to keep the economy going and you'll feel better too. huh?

There was no draft instead we hired contractors to fight wars that US citizens didn't have the stomach to fight or fight a corporatist government for misleading us. Then they proceeded to use 9/11 for eight years to scare simpletons. The revenge for the 3000 deaths was hundreds of times greater in the loss of innocents and US soldiers. And the grand finale -- W didn't know where Osama was and he didn't care. Why would he? Osama was a cash cow to drive the corporatist's agenda, and we helped Iran out. That's the short of it. So you tell me who was the greater terrorist or threat to the USA?
  • Chris -... Dave 2012/05/01 13:43:06
  • Dave Chris -... 2012/05/02 02:50:28
    Dave
    Thanks, Chris. Nothing like being delusional. Seek help or visit another country and find out what humanity is all about.
  • Chris -... Dave 2012/05/02 10:42:37
  • LADY LI... Chris -... 2012/05/06 02:23:16 (edited)
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +1
    I AGREE BROTHER!
  • LADY LI... Chris -... 2012/05/06 02:25:41
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +1
    THEY ALL HAVE SAME LINE. IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THEM, YOU'RE

SICK, NEED HELP! WELL TRAINED!
  • redhorse29 2012/05/01 06:25:55
    Yes, I feel safer
    redhorse29
    +1
    I feel more secure with our military capability. I feel less secure or trusting of the national socialist running homeland defense. Homeland will stop waging war against terrorism but will continue to terrorize citizens of all ages, cred and background. Homeland security is an insult to the citizens of this great nation, redundant and obsolete.
  • LADY LI... redhorse29 2012/05/06 02:28:16
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    I WANT TO CRY! THANKS!
  • mark 2012/05/01 05:08:43
    No, I do not feel safer
    mark
    Should have been ,"None of the above". I feel just as safe as I did before 9/11.
  • beach bum 2012/05/01 04:10:00
    Yes, I feel safer
    beach bum
    yes
  • Master 2012/05/01 03:49:20
  • Wake Th... Master 2012/05/01 18:43:01 (edited)
    Wake The Sheeple
    Do you still believe that 9/11 was caused by terrorists from the middle east and not those terrorists in DC?

osama cia
  • Master Wake Th... 2012/05/01 23:57:49
    Master
    +1
    no i dont buy into that i thank they sit back an let it happen so they could take over the middle east but i dont buy into all that cia bs with bin laden
  • Wake Th... Master 2012/05/02 00:57:44 (edited)
    Wake The Sheeple
    It is fact, it just takes research in international media to see it.

osama bin laden Zbigniew Brzezinski

Research Zbigniew Brzezinski & Tim Osman (Osama Bin Laden), you will see that Mujahideen (CIA code named Al Qaeda) were created by the CIA, in fact a person going by the name Tim Osman was receiving Dialysis at a CIA hospital in UAE just months before 9/11.

And later that year in Pakistan.

• Jack the Dude 2012/05/01 03:35:07
    No, I do not feel safer
    Jack the Dude
    +1
    The only reason is that we did not unnecessarily invade a country in search of nukes yet.
  • Diane 2012/05/01 03:33:43
    Yes, I feel safer
    Diane
    I can't really say I feel safer now than BEFORE 9/11. I felt safe before 9/11. I feel safer now than I did immediately after 9/11. Osama bin Laden is dead, and Al Qaida has been decimated, thanks to President Obama. Yes, I feel safe.
  • Master Diane 2012/05/01 03:48:02
    Master
    +2
    thanks to obama for what?It was in the making way before he EVER came along but he lets still blame bush for all the bad stuff right?
  • Diane Master 2012/05/01 04:00:01
    Diane
    "I don’t know where he (bin Laden) is. I really just don’t spend that much time on him, to be honest with you." - George W. Bush, just six months after 9/11.

"It's not worth moving heaven and earth spending billions of dollars just trying to catch one person." - Mitt Romney in 2007.
  • Wake Th... Diane 2012/05/01 21:02:17
    Wake The Sheeple
    Thanks to Obama for arming them in Libya?... Or perhaps you were thanking him for perpetuating the lie of Al Qaeda not being tied directly to our government since it's inception during the 70s in Afghanistan?

bin laden cia
    CIA Asset Tim Osman AKA Osama Bin Laden & Zbigniew Brzezinski, United States National Security Advisor to President Jimmy Carter from 1977 to 1981.

• Diane Wake Th... 2012/05/02 01:38:40
    Diane
    +1
    Reagan armed bin Laden when he was in the mujahidin, fighting the Soviet Union in Afghanistan. Reagan directed the CIA to supply an extensive array of intelligence, military expertise and advanced weapons to the Muslim rebel forces.
  • Wake Th... Diane 2012/05/02 01:44:19
    Wake The Sheeple
    Yup, and there was a big reason why Clinton didn't kill him when he had the chance. Without Bin Laden our government never would have been able to strip our civil liberties that fast.

patriot act
  • Diane Wake Th... 2012/05/02 02:09:38
    Diane
    +1
    Oh, baloney!

Reagan armed bin Laden because he was fighting against our enemy, the Soviet Union, and he stupidly believed that the enemy of our enemy is our friend. He never considered the possibility that the enemy of our enemy could someday be our greatest enemy.

Clinton didn't have as many shots at bin Laden as everyone thought. He had a good shot at him once but surveillance showed a small boy was next to him. (Remember, this was before 9/11.)

Then there was the time Clinton bombed empty tents in Afghanistan in 1998. I think the reason the tents were empty was because Clinton warned the Afghan government that they were sending the missiles. And, I think, the fact that Obama DIDN'T warn the Pakistani government before killing bin Laden is the reason bin Laden's compound was not empty.
  • Wake Th... Diane 2012/05/02 02:57:33
    Wake The Sheeple
    Believe the lies if you choose, but remember that the simplest answer is usually the truth, and in this case thew simple answer is that Bin Laden never left the employment of the US. If you haven't read 1984 then you might want to, Bin Laden is the real life Emanuel Goldstein.

Emanuel Goldstein osama
  • Diane Wake Th... 2012/05/02 05:46:27
    Diane
    That's not the simple answer, but, believe what you want. Sometimes I do think that Bush didn't want to go after bin Laden because his family did business with his family the bin Laden family. In any case, Obama had no problem getting bin Laden.
  • Wake Th... Diane 2012/05/02 05:51:39
    Wake The Sheeple
    I'd be happy to believe that if I was shown proof. Obama has shown No proof that the Seals killed Bin Laden, even the Seals that were there haven't talked or have ended up dead.
  • Diane Wake Th... 2012/05/02 15:27:26
    Diane
    +1
    Cuckoo, cuckoo!
  • Wake Th... Diane 2012/05/02 15:47:05 (edited)
  • Diane Wake Th... 2012/05/02 23:00:15
    Diane
    +1
    I must reiterate: Cuckoo, cuckoo!

None of the slain SEALs had participated in the May bin Laden raid carried out by their Team 6 comrades.
  • Wake Th... Diane 2012/05/02 23:26:28
    Wake The Sheeple
    Have any of them come forward to back the "official" story? We have seen pictures of Gaddafi's dead body, we've seen videos of Saddam's execution, why is Obama hiding pictures or the supposed footage of the raid unless it never took place?...
  • Diane Wake Th... 2012/05/03 04:07:49
    Diane
    Don't you think, if bin Laden wasn't killed, you would have heard from him by now?
  • Wake Th... Diane 2012/05/03 14:57:04
    Wake The Sheeple
    We didn't hear anything from him for years before the raid, the CIA even had to hire a black actor and shoot fuzzy video to make it look like Bin Laden. Feel free to fact check me.
  • Diane Wake Th... 2012/05/04 01:15:49
    Diane
    But, really!

Pretend for a moment that you are an evil terrorist, and you hear on the news that you've been killed by your enemy. Don't you think you would want the public to know that your enemy didn't succeed?

Not only did we NOT hear from bin Laden, but we also heard Al Qaida confirming the death of OBL on the internet.

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/...
  • Wake Th... Diane 2012/05/04 02:59:16
    Wake The Sheeple
    You missed my point entirely. I am arguing that Bin Laden has been dead far longer than a few years and that Obama wasn't the one who did it, for Obama it's all been a political stunt. French media reported that Bin Laden has been dead since 2001 and that he was treated in United Arab Emirates for failing kidneys. CBS had a similar story that in late 2001 he was being treated for kidney failure in Pakistan.

By the way is it just me or does anyone else think the speed at which we get correspondence from Al Qaeda seem extremely fast. If the correspondence is real then why the hell havent we IP tracked them or traced their number and location with pinpoint accuracy like we'd do for any other criminals?...
  • Diane Wake Th... 2012/05/04 04:45:02
    Diane
    You are nuts!

July 15, 2009 9:03 AM PrintText
    New Bin Laden Tape Blasts Obama

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-2...

2014/09/03 02:17:01