Do you feel bad for haiti? why explain

sexii_is_the_name 2010/02/22 21:58:33
i do wen i heard about it im gonna be honest wen i heard about it i really didnt care cause there was nuthin i could do and it wasnt me so i didnt care but then hearding about how bad off they were and i seen on tv how i could help them so i texted 10$ and i felt alittle better then at skoo in our homeroom we had a truibute and i donated 5$ and i felt even better after donating 15$ but i didnt feel like that was enough but that was all i had. I seen trubibutes on tv and how they was making money by hosting tv show but at the same time why didnt they just cancele all shows for that day and save money and donated it to haiti but it was there choice

• Dave In Cali 2010/02/22 22:29:59
    Dave In Cali
    +3
    Of course i feel bad for Haiti... I've felt bad for them ever since I first starting hearing about them in the news about 25 years ago! :)

But Uncle Sam already sent my donation. Best of luck to them, but I can't even afford to put food on my own table tonight (not joking). I couldn't give a damn about anything else until I can secure a meal for my family.

• Steve O 2010/04/19 07:17:05
    Steve O
    I feel bad for the those citizens in Haiti who are poor. I do not feel bad for the nation as a whole or for the people running that country. The US has been giving Haiti millions of dollars every single year for well over 25 years. This money was to help build up the infrastructure. If it had been used that way the damage from the earthquake would not have been as bad. The United Nations has had an office there for many years. The United Nations did nothing to help the country build up. They did not even provide a safe structure for their own workers.

If you keep giving and giving, people will never learn to stand on their own two feed and will never have pride in themselves.
  • Merl 2010/04/19 02:52:49
    Merl
    No, it is a function of Haiti, as a nation, being the perpetual welfare state for the rest of the world. When you allow others to do for you what you should be doing on your own you are left with what Haiti is. We could soon be the same if we continue down this path of spending in perpetuity without restraint.
  • Gun665 2010/04/19 01:58:44
  • grumpy 2010/04/19 01:42:39
    grumpy
    There are a few unfortunate victims there but their general economy and level of poverty is all self induced. When aristede took over after baby doc his 1st item on his agenda was to restore the palace where he would be living and screw the population.
  • debrarae POTL _ PWCM 2010/04/19 01:38:59
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    Yes I felt bad for the people of Haiti. So ...when I contributed to Haiti's relief fund (to the red cross), I designated it to go to Haiti. It did ........

I didn't donate through the cell phone ... because I simply don't feel it's 'secure' to do that. SO I donated through the Red Cross instead....
  • Heart Safire 2010/04/19 01:31:09
    Heart Safire
    Yes. Does anybody feel good about it? lol
  • Dave In Cali 2010/02/22 22:29:59
    Dave In Cali
    +3

• Beltazar Dave In... 2010/02/26 07:08:00
    Beltazar
    I completely agree w/ ya..

2014/11/26 00:30:08