Do you compromise your political views to stay popular?

☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!! 2012/07/03 05:21:12
No, I will not compromise my views!
Yes, I do compromise to be popular!
I have found that you got to stand up for what you believe in or fall for anything! I am not going to compromise the Constitution and my views just to pander to what my Conservative friends say..I am not happy with the choice we have as GOP candidate..Why should America compromise and be stuck with another Progressive RINO? Do you compromise your political views to stay popular?

• U-Dog 2012/07/03 06:56:47
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    U-Dog
    +7
    Nope, I don't come here to be popular, I come here to voice my opinions and debate the issues effecting our great country. I argue issues from a very secular Jeffersonian libertarian individualist point of view and I tend to be an equal opportunity upsetter. Depending upon the issue my views can just as easily upset people on the right as they do the collectivist dolts on the left-- and it is usually because I am pointing to the rights own hypocritical progressive collectivist mob tendencies.

• Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/07/12 14:23:44
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/07/05 19:17:32
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +1
    I never do what's popular. I never have. In fact, when anything becomes too popular that means the stupid have jumped on board. I get off way before the ship sinks.
  • Apache 2012/07/04 09:17:28
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    Apache
    +2
    Why would I? You cannot please everyone by conforming to their beliefs, best to be honest to your own value system & those who share your beliefs will be supportive those who don't will call you names...LMAO.
  • Mr. Stark 2012/07/04 08:38:30
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    Mr. Stark
    +1
    When I was an undergraduate, I was one of 8 people (out of about 300+ people in the program), that actually took this stuff seriously. It's one thing to compromise your views, and another to change those views after having been proven wrong on a subject. The problem today, our elected officials are non-thinkers, they aren't philosophical in their approaches, and they most certainly can't say that they've done something wrong, or are wrong on a certain topic. The truth has a way of existing no matter how much we try to hide from it, hide it away, or crush it.

People, today, it seems, have a hard time differentiating between a truth, or simply abiding to passionate political biases for which they were told to believe. They aren't even in control of their own politics - they simply go with the flow.

Both Romney and Obama have succumbed to political pressure to change their opinions and attitudes to remain in office, and to garner support.

This isn't something I believe in, and from my experiences, I never have the popular opinion.
  • Carl 2012/07/04 01:17:19
    Carl
    +1
    I hold my views but not to the point where I become offensive. I cases where we can agree, I ask them if its okay to agree to disagree.
  • Icono1 2012/07/03 23:57:43
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    Icono1
    +1
    Oh Hell No!
  • texasred 2012/07/03 23:18:57
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    texasred
    +3
    No, I'm not interested in being popular. I'm interested in doing what I think is right for this nation. The fact that some of my SH friends feel differently about what is right isn't going to change my mind or theirs. So we just agree to disagree.
  • Gregaj7 2012/07/03 19:27:06
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    +2
    My Foundation is built on the Solid Rock of Yeshua Hamashia/Jesus Christ. Being vilified on SH for my stance on all things has been, and continues to be, a very maturing experience.
  • Technotrucker_exposingthetruth 2012/07/03 18:09:03
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    Technotrucker_exposingthetruth
    +4
    I have been fighting the corruption of this Govt for over 2 decades. I most certainly would not compromise my principles now. I stopped funding slavery, and the rest of you should as well. Stop paying the interest to the federal reserve, stop filing taxes.
  • ☆Warthog - PWCM - JLA☆ 2012/07/03 11:30:29
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    ☆Warthog - PWCM - JLA☆
    +3
    At my age, I don't need to be popular.
  • ed 2012/07/03 08:43:54
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    ed
    +5
    if that's what it takes to be popular I don't want to be popular.
  • Hsmagst 2012/07/03 08:33:13
  • mustangluver 2012/07/03 08:27:10
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    mustangluver
    +4
    Being popular is nice but i would rather be true to myself and with all first and foremost. I have always been completely honest even at the risk of a friend turning on me.
  • Don Leuty 2012/07/03 07:33:47
    Don Leuty
    +4
    I'll defer to Winston Churchill. When asked about why he chose an alliance with Joe Stalin instead of the other devil, Adolf Hitler.

"Because he is OUR devil.", replied Churchill.

It's not about voting for Mitt Romney. It's about voting against the other devil.
  • John Galt jr or Ron/jon 2012/07/03 07:25:20
    John Galt jr or Ron/jon
    +2
    I made up my mind in 1979 and proclaimed it in 1995,

barely a word has changed ...

http://webstation19.8k.com/jo...

mind 1979 proclaimed 1995 barely changed httpwebstation19 8k comjo
  • U-Dog 2012/07/03 06:56:47
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    U-Dog
    +7
  • Freedom Mom 2012/07/03 06:15:12
    Freedom Mom
    +6
    I didn't come to sodahead to be popular, its not important to me. I came to tell the truth and that I will not compromise on period, wether its about a canidate or anything else. It is what it is, and if its rotten, corrupt, or unconstitutional I will expose it.
  • Tink123 2012/07/03 05:54:52
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    Tink123
    +6
    No way... too relativistic for my taste.
  • S. Gompers 2012/07/03 05:47:27
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    S. Gompers
    +3
    Not at all.
  • Gooky 2012/07/03 05:42:19
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    Gooky
    +4
    Never...even when i'm forced into a fema camp!
  • Michael=Constitution & Liberty 2012/07/03 05:29:33
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    +3
    I do have my own mind, beliefs, integrity, moral compass and a no compromise attitude. I do not conform well :)
  • Kanaka Rican - Now's the ti... 2012/07/03 05:29:18
    No, I will not compromise my views!
    Kanaka Rican - Now's the time for ACTION
    +3
    I don't compromise my views...the Constitution is what I have vowed to protect and defend. But I am not willing NOT to vote for someone that may place someone who is CLEARLY defiant to the rule of law and to our Constitution. That to me would be worse than anything.
  • Crime Time 2012/07/03 05:26:43

2014/11/23 03:34:38