Do you believe there is a God, but dislike organized religion?

1ortother 2008/12/28 08:20:28
Yes, I believe there is a God, but I don't like churches...
No, I don't believe there is a God, and I don't go to church.
I go to church, but mainly to socialize.....
don't care one way or the other.....

• Ally 2008/12/28 09:28:18
    Ally
    +3
    Exactly what my "religion" is.
    I know there's a God, I believe there is one, but I dislike organized religion very much indeed. Good question, props.

• DEVIN 2010/02/08 06:24:18
    DEVIN
    I'm agnostic, so I really don't know whether god is real or not. Also, I don't like churches. They're no better then the people who run them.
  • Tomhi 2009/03/01 21:08:56
    Tomhi
    I dislike organised religion and I do not go to Church as I believe in God but not the theory of how he created the world I just think the evolution theory is backed up by allot of evidence but I am not exactly an Atheist as I pray rarely to God, so I do not know what my religion is and I for one am glad of that
  • Tiger Annie. AMERICAN. . w... 2008/12/29 08:23:21
    Tiger Annie.  AMERICAN. . waving the flag!
    +1
    It's been my experience that Christians like to be way too judgmental about what I do or don't do to suit me. I can find God anywhere I wish to seek him and have never been disappointed that he wasn't in the office when I got there.
  • tink1985 2008/12/29 08:06:27
    tink1985
    +1
    i hate churches and organizations that claim to be working for God. let me believe what i believe and leave me alone about it. I don't need someone preaching to me what i can read myself in the bible. ugh, i hate churches, everyone was created equal, pope's and priest's and cardinal's and rabbi's and fathers and whatever other figureheads they have created are no better and no wiser than the rest of us.
  • Formulablinta 2008/12/29 07:40:29
    Formulablinta
    have seen way to many hypocrites ruin peoples lives. Not saying I wouldnt go more if i got the urge, or a challenging speaker was nearby
  • Zeptallica 2008/12/29 07:25:01
    Zeptallica
    +1
    Always felt a lil out of place amongst the church goers... I dont fit the usual patterns of people who go to church. I dont know, maybe Im just not as nice and friendly as they are... Im not so good at dressing up either... I do believe though!
  • Grandma 2008/12/29 07:19:50 (edited)
    Grandma
    There is GOD ... not A God. Since God is everywhere, IT cannot be described by the word A. I don't care for most religions in whole, but I do find value in most religions IN PART. I stopped going to church about a decade ago because I discovered I usually knew more than the Ministers did. So ... I pray a LOT which seems to do the job for ME. Ohhhh, by the way ... I don't pray to a WHO ... I pray to examine my thoughts and actions to determine if they are up to my own highest standards. After all, GOD created me (and you BTW)
  • karmadea 2008/12/29 06:40:07
    karmadea
    Good question by the way.
  • Get crazy with the cheese-whiz 2008/12/29 05:55:40
    Get crazy with the cheese-whiz
    +1
    I do believe in god, but i do not like the way that churches try to push THEIR beliefs on you. You can believe in god, and then at the same time, believe in gay marriage and be pro-choice. Churches try to get you to see things from a personal prospective, not from gods view. And alot of them are, in fact, hypocrites.
  • Bowman 2008/12/29 05:51:26
    Bowman
    +1
    I have a "personal relationship " with God. I dislike churches because I don't crave alot of social interaction. I always feel like I have to act differently. Or maybe I think everyone else acts differently. God and I are working together though,and he's awesome!
  • Noahsarkofdanes 2008/12/29 05:41:15
    Noahsarkofdanes
    Yes, I believe in God and I attend a non-denominational church however I personally have issues with some attributes of some of the denominations.
  • JB 2008/12/29 05:39:27
    JB
    +1
    While much good has been done by organized religion, and it holds an important place in many peoples lives, it has also has inspired or been an instrument in many of history's greatest atrocities. That is the dark side of religion.
    You don't need a church to beleive in God and you don't need religion to be spiritual.
  • Bebe 2008/12/29 05:33:09
    Bebe
    Churches are really over-rated, all they do is try to shove their religion down your throat....
  • Mollybdamned American Atheist 2008/12/29 05:32:18
    Mollybdamned American Atheist
    +1
    No. I don't believe in any god(s) or attend any churches.
  • dmac 2008/12/29 05:30:54 (edited)
    dmac
    +2
    I have gone to Catholic School for several yrs. I don't like hearing some long winded Priest or Minister telling me how I am going to hell if I don't do as they say and then have to pay them to tell me how bad I am. I have an understanding with both God and Jesus. No go between, I do my confession to them if I screw up. They know when I am truly sorry. I figure if I stick to the 10 Commandments I should do pretty well. I think we have a pretty good understanding since I can talk to them any time I feel like it.
  • 168290 2008/12/29 05:11:09
  • blueeyedfirecracker90 2008/12/29 05:08:32
    blueeyedfirecracker90
    I believe that He exsists, so many times he proves that he does. Organized Religion, as so many people say, is just to get the money. You see those huge churches, with all the stained glass, and a whole bunch of nice stuff. Some of the people that go to these types of churches arent there for Our Father, they are there, so they can say "Oh I go to such and such church" its just for the fact that they can say such stuff. I pray to God, at my own home, I worship Him whereever I may be. I dont need the Church. types churches father church pray god home worship whereever church
  • judeee 2008/12/29 05:06:57
    judeee
    I believe in GOD the Father, GOD the Son and GOD the Holy Spirit and I go to Church and believe that The Pope is GOD's Shepherd on Earth and I believe in The Catholic Church and her teachings....Amen
  • ~Doll Princess~ 2008/12/29 04:57:24
    ~Doll Princess~
    +1
    YES. I don't believe in the christian God ,or any other religions "god" /"Goddess" , I abhor any organized religion. I think it gets in way of actual faith. -.-;;;;;
  • Mrs.JohnSmith XD 2008/12/29 04:55:07
    Mrs.JohnSmith XD
    religion is mainly man made so yeah... i hate it when ppl say "Our religion is right! The others will burn in hell!" well they don't say this, usually. But thier practically wanting to say this.
  • Flea 2008/12/29 04:46:40
    Flea
    When the largest corporation on the planet is a religious organization ( the Catholic church), it's kind of hard to be on the side of the churches. Most Christian "tithes" are 2 to 10 percent of one's annual income; you have to pay an annual fee to step into a synagogue; I have no clue on what Muslims have to pay forward.
    I think that's the real reason why Jesus was crucified- He took away the others' business when He spoke freely to all on the Mount and didn't expect a talent in return.
  • beachbum 2008/12/29 04:37:03
    beachbum
    +1
    God is at the very core of who I am, but I also am not particulary thrilled with many of the 'man-made' rules of a lot of organized religion. I attend a non-demoninational church with the love/ grace and teaching of God are stressed.
  • squirtpink 2008/12/29 04:30:08
    squirtpink
    I believe that there is a God, and I do go to church every Wensday and Sundays...its not because I have to but rather because I want to. It helps me with my walk with Christ.
  • Dan 2008/12/29 04:21:56 (edited)
    Dan
    +1
    God is real, Jesus is His only begotten Son (sent as a Savior for sinners), and accepting Jesus as Lord (1st) and Savior is your ONLY chance of escaping Hell. You can criminalize and demonize religions all you want, just leave Christianity out of your hate. IF you are saved (meaning you have accepted Jesus as your Lord), then you would NOT have a problem going to a Christian church. Perhaps Obama's anti-white church is what offends you?
    daniel101112@aol.com
  • Melinda H Dan 2014/04/14 16:40:18
    Melinda H
    +3
    I believe in God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I don't go to church because I get the vibe that I'm being judged because I don't go every time the doors are open. Religion is NOT to be professed but possessed. I pray often and thank the Lord for all his blessings and I know that I am imperfect but my the grace and mercy of God I am saved because God sent his only begotten son to die for my sins.
  • Melinda H Dan 2014/04/14 16:44:56
    Melinda H
    +2
  • Melinda H Dan 2014/04/14 16:55:22
    Melinda H
    +1
    And any church who is against any race is a church that teaches hate. Hate is not of the Lord but of Satan so YES, that does offend me. I doubt Obama-nation is a Christian so at the same time what he thinks is unimportant and irrelevent. Obama's fight isn't just with whites. Its with God and America in general. That's his coverup for his true in tensions of spreading hate so that there will be another civil war of the races. And whoever helps him, well let's just say, I'd feel sorry for them. Obama is a Muslim. They hate God, women, and America. God bless you.
  • Courtny 2008/12/29 04:19:30
    Courtny
    +1
    Idk what i believe in.
  • Chris 2008/12/29 04:08:00
    Chris
    +2
    I believe in God and I go to Church; however, not all people that go to church are good people. God lives in all who have a good heart, doesn't matter if they go to "church" or not.
  • centrust 2008/12/29 03:59:14
    centrust
    +1
    I believe in God. I go to church regularly, but I don't buy into my religion 100%.. I am skeptical of some religious beliefs and dogma.
  • Essence220 2008/12/29 03:28:56
    Essence220
    i firmly beleive in god, He makes just as much sense as evolution does (in my opinion), but i dont like gettingup at seven every sunday to go to church. pretty funny since i sing in the choir and im in the building 3 days out of the week XD
  • awwsumgurl 2008/12/29 03:26:40
    awwsumgurl
    +2
    i know God is real but i dont like religions so much... we all serve the same God so what up wit all these religions?? i dont get it
  • Ace~Mr.Giantess~ 2008/12/29 03:10:07
    Ace~Mr.Giantess~
    I don't go to church and I have to say that organized religion has been the cause of most of my life problems.
  • krayzrick 2008/12/29 03:06:53
    krayzrick
    +1
    My church is in my heart...
  • finalflicker 2008/12/29 02:50:57
    finalflicker
    +1
    I believe God...i don't think He cares for religion as it is currently organized by most...this is what God has to say about religion...
    James 1 (New International Version)
    26If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. 27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

If you believe in the God of the bible i encourage you to find a group of other bible believers to share yourself with...its a family affair...and not a perfect family at that.
  • Poppy 2008/12/29 02:46:54
    Poppy
    I do go to church to worship and to study. I also listen to the sermon. At times it speaks to me; at times it does not. I do NOT like religions....sects divide. I believe if you are a Christian you are a believer with all believers. I have come to believe my belief is what I have with my God. One has to come to one's own belief by working it out; but with much thought, faith and learning by experience. It all boils down to faith.
  • Huey 2008/12/29 02:45:59
    Huey
    +1
    I believe there is a God and a Goddess...many in fact. All part of a divine entity beyond mortal comprehension.

Paganism

Worked for our ancestors for 10,000+ years...works for me.
    divine entity mortal comprehension paganism worked ancestors 10000 years works
  • Mollybd... Huey 2008/12/29 05:34:38
    Mollybdamned American Atheist
    Hi Huey, what a great graphic. Thanks for the post.
  • Lee The Hybrid Snowflake 2008/12/29 02:29:59
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    I believe in god and I believe I can worship him where ever and how ever I want to. I guess I just make it up as I go!
  • LE-LE 2008/12/29 02:28:46
    LE-LE
    i want to believe and i hav always been taught to believe but im not 100% sure dat i do.
    I go to church, i go on missions, i talk bout god, i love god...i just... i believe in GOD, and a higher power...im jus not sure about lik...how humanity and everythn was made...or lets say im not sure i agree wit how da world says it all started...

2014/12/18 12:27:43