Do you believe The United States of America as a republic has ceased to exist

Bourne 2009/03/15 20:22:19

• TheDogWalker~In Ayn Rand I ... 2009/03/16 00:14:36
    Yes it definately has become a Socialist government
    TheDogWalker~In Ayn Rand I Trust
    +4
    It's been a gradual transformation but it began definitely with FDR, and possibly with the ratificaton of the 17th amendment, which allowed for direct voting of the senators.

• luly 2009/03/18 18:05:49
    Not Quite yet,
    luly
    It's getting there. Obama needs to take a long walk on a short pier. obama walk pier
  • rabbit*patriot* 2009/03/18 03:03:35 (edited)
    Not Quite yet,
    rabbit*patriot*
    They can't change it all at once, they're sneaky and do it slowly. Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down. God help us!!!! change sneaky slowly spoonful sugar medicine god
  • mowerman-back to bust libs 2009/03/16 14:21:14
    Not Quite yet,
    mowerman-back to bust libs
    It is however moving faster than ever towards Socialism.

Norman Thomas Presidential candidate Socialist party
    "The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened."
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2009/03/16 12:53:17
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    With the liberal media pushing it. Attacks on free speech, by the left with their "hate speech" legislation.
  • kittybaby 2009/03/16 05:27:45
    Not Quite yet,
    kittybaby
    But we are so close to becoming a third world country I could cry. It's a sad day for all Americans.
  • Eternal11 2009/03/16 04:05:04
    Eternal11
    +1
    the busy lives, lazy minds and sheepish attitude of our people has traded our free will for responcibility, it will take courage, suffering, and sacrafice to fix what we have watched slip away, the true american dream is once again something to fight for, a dream not fulfilled, fear and anguish are ever increasing, along with hope and dignity of a special few.
  • CitiXen - 2009/03/16 03:56:10
    CitiXen -
    The United States stopped being a Republic when Lincoln was elected in 1860 and South Carolina seceded from the Union.

We called our nation the Union because it was the voluntary joining of quasi-sovereign states that recognized the importance of a Federal Government to act for them on an arbitrary scale in matters of diplomacy, international trade, and interstate commerce.

We are neither a republic nor a democracy. We are an oligarchy with democratic trappings.
    TheDogWalker~In Ayn Rand I Trust
    +4
  • Dwight Mann 2009/03/15 22:35:02
    Dwight Mann
    +2
    It is hard to discern from my vantage point. It is really not anything like it was 10-15 years ago.As a conservative I beleive in certain tried and true ways to govern a country, and the things that I believe are important are getting walked on.
    The most important thing is to adhere to the constitutional edict that the POTUS be a "Natural Born" citizen. It seems that Øbama considers himself to above the constitutions decree.
    This country is divided down a severe schism with him refusing to show his birth certificate.
    We need to demand that he show the paperwork, or he needs to step down. Everything else matters not. Our founders and our fore Fathers have fought and died to make this country what it is, and to have an individual circumvent the process is unthinkable. This should have been done a year ago, and It has always been at the front of my thoughts.
    Show it or stow it. . .
    Øbama does not represent me or mine in a world forum unless he becomes more honest and transparent, as he promised, by telling us what the Dr's name was that delivered him. . .
    All the other things that I despise about this crook can be dealt with, but ignoring the constitution? That is unacceptable!

promised telling drs delivered despise crook dealt ignoring constitution unacceptable
  • GLaDOS 2009/03/15 20:47:45
    GLaDOS
    The United States hasn't been a pure republic in ages, if ever. We've taken useful aspects from others, sometimes to benefit, sometimes to our detriment.
  • Bourne 2009/03/15 20:29:41
    Bourne
    +3
    definately socialist government

I believe we are in the early stages of a civil war
  • max Bourne 2009/03/15 21:17:07
    max
    Why? Because you lost an election?
  • kittybaby Bourne 2009/03/16 05:29:36
    kittybaby
    +1
    Jeff, I am in total agreement with you. It is coming and it won't be pretty.

2014/10/24 09:40:08