Do you believe that Hillary Clinton Lied, And Four In Benghazi Died?

Drue-AFCL 2013/04/25 00:29:37

Scandal: A congressional report shows security cuts before the Benghazi attack were approved by the secretary of state and that White House talking points describing the events were edited to protect the State Department.

The "progress" report by House Republicans will no doubt be dismissed as a partisan political document. But it effectively records administration efforts to ignore the threat of terrorism before the attack on our diplomatic mission in Benghazi, to cover up administration culpability afterward and to sweep aside responsibility for the deaths of four Americans to make the administration look caring and competent.

Despite then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's denials that pleadings from Ambassador Chris Stevens, killed in the terrorist attack, never reached her desk, the interim Benghazi report concludes that:

"Reductions of security levels prior to the attacks in Benghazi were approved at the highest levels of the State Department, up to and including Secretary Clinton. This fact contradicts her testimony before the House Foreign Affairs Committee on January 23, 2013."

Indeed it does. On that date, Clinton testified:

"I have made it very clear that the security cables did not come to my attention or above the assistant secretary level where the ARB (Accountability Review Board) placed responsibility."

The 46-page report by the five committees of jurisdiction cites an April 19, 2012, cable bearing Clinton's signature acknowledging a formal request dated March 28, 2012, from then-U.S. Ambassador to Libya Gene Cretz for additional security assets but ordering the withdrawal of security elements to proceed as planned.

After the attack, the talking points that became the administration's version of events were drafted. But contrary to administration rhetoric, changes to the talking points were not made to protect classified information. Concern for classified information is never mentioned in email traffic among senior administration officials.

According to the report, when then-CIA Director David Petraeus briefed the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on Sept. 14 about the Benghazi attack, the CIA notes for that briefing included:

• Information about five previous attacks on foreign interests in Benghazi since April 2012.

• Potential links to the al-Qaida connected Libyan militia, Ansar al-Sharia.

• Previous CIA assessments of groups linked to al-Qaida in eastern Libya.

• Information suggesting Islamic extremists participated in the attack.

After Petraeus' testimony, the report states that once the editing process began, "draft talking points were sent to officials throughout the Executive Branch, (and) senior State Department officials requested the talking points be changed to avoid criticism for ignoring the threat environment in Benghazi.

Read More: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/042413-65...

• Soundstorm 2013/04/25 00:51:49
    Soundstorm
    +18
    I also believe President Bill Clinton allowed foreign terrorists to run amok throughout his administration, let Bin Laden get away twice and that his degradation of our intelligence network led to 9/11. You do NOT want Democrats watching your back.

• boneman1 Hillary... 2013/04/25 23:34:01
    boneman1
    Sorry, but your information's incorrect. The intelligence came with what was left of our intelligence agency after it was gutted by Clinton and our allies in Europe. I never said a war was declared. I said Congress voted to send troops into Iraq. There's no doubt by anybody that Saddam at one time definitely had WMDs. He gassed thousands of his own people.
  • Hillary... boneman1 2013/04/25 23:40:55
    HillaryLover
    The intent of the congressional vote was war to be used only as a last resort. Bush used the vote as a first option.
  • boneman1 Hillary... 2013/04/26 13:36:25
    boneman1
    Here's an explanation of the resolution congress approved. By the way, using military action against Iraq was not a first option. There were 17 UN resolutions that for the most part had been totally ignored by Saddam. That fact alone justified use of military force.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/li...
  • Peewee ... Hillary... 2013/04/25 17:47:43
    Peewee ~PWCM~
    How about Obama's Syria?
  • Hillary... Peewee ... 2013/04/25 21:32:34
    HillaryLover
    What woulkd you have him do? Invade? Syria is not solely an American problem.
  • Peewee ... Hillary... 2013/04/25 21:37:12
    Peewee ~PWCM~
    He already did, w/o congressional approval.
  • DUGGINS Hillary... 2013/04/25 18:08:36 (edited)
    DUGGINS
    Hey KLTLUVRLT1, were democrats just as guilty as Bush in authorizing the Iraq war?
    Do you see a lot of senators in that listing that were for the war before they were against the war, a total of 37 senate democrats out of 49 voted for the war. This list has only 27 of them. I can get the other ten if you want.
    Check out some of the most active in voting for war, Biden, Clinton, Daschle, Dodd Harkin, Kerry, Landrieu, Reid, Rockerfeller, Schumer.

Bayh (D-IN)
    Biden (D-DE)
    Breaux (D-LA)
    Cantwell (D-WA)
    Carnahan (D-MO)
    Carper (D-DE)
    Cleland (D-GA)
    Clinton (D-NY)
    Daschle (D-SD)
    Dodd (D-CT)
    Dorgan (D-ND)
    Edwards (D-NC)
    Feinstein (D-CA)
    Harkin (D-IA) Hollings (D-SC)
    Johnson (D-SD)
    Kerry (D-MA)
    Kohl (D-WI)
    Landrieu (D-LA)
    Lieberman (D-CT)
    Lincoln (D-AR)
    Miller (D-GA)
    Nelson (D-FL)
    Nelson (D-NE)
    Reid (D-NV)
    Rockefeller (D-WV)
    Schumer (D-NY)
    Torricelli (D-NJ)
  • Hillary... DUGGINS 2013/04/25 21:30:58
    HillaryLover
    A war was BOT declare. It was a resolution supporting the President of the united States and Commander in Chief efforts to take actions necessary to defend our counttry. ALL intelligence information presented to congress and the United Nation (liitle deadly vials, aluminun tubes from Niger, mobile rockets pointed in our direction), came from the executive branch. With only that information available, it would have been irresponsible for congress not to support the president. But the president lied and thousands of people died.
  • DUGGINS Hillary... 2013/04/26 16:57:38
    DUGGINS
    Hey kltluvrlti, you can't get away with that bull dung, you excuse making for a dumb post doesn't fly. You tell all of us what did Bush actually lie about, boneman1 would also like to know. After you tell me what he lied about then i'll post what all the democrats said in support of the war. Have you blamed Hillary and Obama for Benghazi yet, and have you criticized Obama for saying he would have all our troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan when he gets elected. Your better cut and paste something out of another website than The Daily Kos. By the way what does your 1st five words mean.
  • Hillary... DUGGINS 2013/04/26 22:52:07
    HillaryLover
    C'mon, Jack. You are putting Benghazi on the same level as Iraq?
  • DUGGINS Hillary... 2013/04/28 02:47:16 (edited)
    DUGGINS
    +1
    Yes I am my man, in fact Iraq was the shortest war probably in history, but our own state department and the president are all lying about Benghazi. In fact it borders on treason and Hillary and Obama are both co-conspirators in the death of a US ambassador and four Navy Seals.
  • Hillary... DUGGINS 2013/04/28 06:43:33
    HillaryLover
    Jack, there are Americans serving this country around the globe in extremely dangerous situations. Many of them die. An argument can probably made, especially by family members, that they all could be better protected and none of them should lose their lives.

Unfortunately, that is not the real world reality. I belive that rational people understand those facts, Jack.

It is ludicrous to accuse the president and secretary of state of being "co-conspirators in the death of" the Americans killed in Benghazi by terrorists. You should rethink that.
  • DUGGINS Hillary... 2013/05/08 15:59:09
    DUGGINS
    +1
    KTLLUVRLT1, Apparently my friend you have been delude into believing a lot of propaganda from this Obama administration, Benghazi should bring this fake president down and Hillary along with him. Since I sent you my post above the whole Benghazi fiasco is blowing apart, and if those
    responsible are not deposed and sent to jail then there is no more United States. I know all about what goes on in the military I was in the Marine Corps.
    So what is your opinion now in light of what is happening today about the
    failure of Obama and Hillary to protect our peoiple in harms way? Obama covered this up so he would get re-elected and Hillary part in it was to protect her run for the presidency in 2016. These two traitors used the
    Benghazi assault for strictly political reasons.
  • illinoyed 2013/04/25 07:18:04
    illinoyed
    +1
    But we're positive W. Bush lied and 4,000 in Iraq died.
  • Drue-AFCL illinoyed 2013/04/25 12:59:08
    Drue-AFCL
    +1
    So. . . . .you are undecided on whether Shillary lied?
  • boneman1 illinoyed 2013/04/25 14:58:12
    boneman1
    +1
    Exactly what is it you believe Bush lied about?
  • Wyveryx 2013/04/25 06:36:54
    Wyveryx
    +3
    Without a doubt...
  • Hillary... Wyveryx 2013/04/25 07:32:13
    HillaryLover
    +1
    Without a doubt Election 2016 is in it's infancy stages, and Republican's are desperately hoping to head off Hillary at the Benghazi Pass. Trust me, it's not a workable strategy.You guys need to go back to the drawing board. Maybe Linda Tripp can help you out with something.
  • Adakin ... Hillary... 2013/04/25 12:04:02
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    I'm thinking someone more like a Dr. Ben Carson can help the GOP.... although I'm not a big fan of his 'flat tax' idea, it would be far better than the tax system we now have that rewards poverty, debt and poor judgement, while punishing savings, hard work and successful investment choices. Personally, if we are gonna push for tax reform, I'd rather see the FairTax passed into law than a flat tax that, like Reagan's TRA'86, would be unrecognisable in 25 years and causing us the same problems we have now.
  • boneman1 Hillary... 2013/04/25 15:00:26
    boneman1
    +1
    The committee investigating Benghazi has already found documents with her signature on them proving she lied in her testimony about the requests for security and the reductions made by the state department. It's possible perjury charges are on the way for her.
  • Wyveryx Hillary... 2013/04/25 21:17:41 (edited)
    Wyveryx
    Maybe if you guys would actually dig for the truth about what happened instead of accepting some ridiculous and insulting statements like "What difference does it make" (in any context), you might actually see what Bipartisanship can really do.

Of course, since Mr. Perjury himself got off, why not his wife....
  • Hillary... Wyveryx 2013/04/25 21:42:15
    HillaryLover
    If the Republican congress truly believe that Hillary perjured herself they should by all means go for it. But they won't. You know why they won't? Because they obviously know what you don't know. They understand the national security ramifications and the necessary safeguards to our personnel around the globe.
  • Wyveryx Hillary... 2013/04/26 08:35:42
    Wyveryx
    +1
    "They understand the national security ramifications and the necessary safeguards to our personnel around the globe."

Would that include letting people die, or sacrificing citizens? If so, to what end? If they know what I don't, and understand all that you say they should, then our personnel should be safe, but they're not.

I hope they do go for it, because quite frankly, "What difference does it make..." is not an acceptable answer or reply.
  • Hillary... Wyveryx 2013/04/26 09:57:53
    HillaryLover
    How many Americans around the world have died in the line of duty since 9/11/2012? Thousands have died since 9/11/2001. Yes, it would be nice if all 120+ embassies and missions around the globe were fortresses and America had no enemies. Unfortunately, that is not the reality.

Republican's and other right-winger's are dwelling on Benghazi as though it will be their salvation in 2016. Benghazi will not be your magic wane to stop Hillary Clinton.
  • Wyveryx Hillary... 2013/04/26 10:47:51
    Wyveryx
    I could so use her own words against your reply right now...

But here's the skinny of it. You're right, America has it's enemies. Yes, death is a high probability in a nation that holds animosity and anger towards America.
    Yes, not all attacks can be stopped.

However, each and everyone one of those attacks and deaths should be questioned and investigate thoroughly.

Was there something that could have been done to prevent it?
    If prevention wasn't an option, what is being done to track down and hold the attackers responsible?
    Did someone drop the ball allowing an attack to take place?
    If so, what action should be taken to ensure that person doesn't make that same mistake?
    If possible, why could there be no rescue attempt?

I could go on with the questions. The reality is the Benghazi was an eye opener for many. Yes it happened before and will likely happen again, but it's how our elected officials handle the situation that matters. We cannot look back and say it has happened before and so it really doesn't matter why it happened again, because it does matter.

While it may not be the final coffin nail in a campaign, it will most certainly resurface and not help one. Though the question will be, how will the media cover it?
    We already had a taste of their ineptitude during the debates...
  • Hillary... Wyveryx 2013/04/26 11:03:57
    HillaryLover
    There is no smoking Benghazi gun that will derail Hillary Clinton's march to the White House. Most American realize that this entire issue is a bogus partisan ploy by Republican's and other FOX viewers.
  • Wyveryx Hillary... 2013/04/26 11:13:02
    Wyveryx
    +1
    No...Most Americans are being herded into different social issues. They are being bounced from one to another with very little time on issues that need to be transparent.

When people want transparency of the government, it should happen. if not by the media then by the government itself through public addresses or official posts to their respective websites.

Can you say without a doubt that everything has been answered truthfully about what transpired in Benghazi?
  • Hillary... Wyveryx 2013/04/26 11:17:08
    HillaryLover
    I can say without a doubt that everything the public can have access to concerning Benghazi has been answered.
  • Wyveryx Hillary... 2013/04/26 11:21:42
    Wyveryx
    That didn't answer my question though....
  • Hillary... Wyveryx 2013/04/26 11:32:25
    HillaryLover
    Check with FOIA in about ten years for the answer to the questions that feeds your suspicions. Congressional Republican's are well aware of the administration's limitations in this regard, while they are encouraging their flock to keep throwing out the questions.

Think about it.
  • Wyveryx Hillary... 2013/04/26 11:58:58
    Wyveryx
    +1
    I just asked one question of you, not the government.
  • fortycal_sig 2013/04/25 06:29:17
    fortycal_sig
    +1
    ...although I don't know about the causal relationship.
  • Not A Crybaby Richard <3Fre... 2013/04/25 06:28:02
  • SoCalEx-Dem 2013/04/25 06:11:10
    SoCalEx-Dem
    +2
    Of course she lied. Makes me realize you never really know how a person will stand until the time comes. I used to believe she was a good person and supported her run at the white house. Those days are long over and I am disgusted by what I see.
  • Jenn 2013/04/25 06:09:26
    Jenn
    +2
    Yes I do. That is one thing the clinton's do very well..
  • nonnonsenseguy 2013/04/25 05:35:13
    nonnonsenseguy
    +2
    What a Clinton telling a lie?....GASP......LOL
  • kcoat 2013/04/25 05:05:57
  • saturdayschild 2013/04/25 04:54:54
    saturdayschild
    +2
    I absolutely cannot stand that feminazi. I don't understand why so many people admire her.
  • donisue 2013/04/25 04:52:08
    donisue
    +3
    I think that Hilary and Uncle Billy lie so much they actually believe themselves. I swear that woman has ice in her veins, there is not one thing warm and fuzzy about her.
  • mich52 2013/04/25 04:43:45

2014/10/31 13:09:49