Do you believe Obama should stop "boasting" about killing Bin Laden and get back to campaigning for the issues?

cate 2012/05/01 12:18:15
Related Topics: Obama, Bin Laden, Issues

• Daniel 2012/05/01 12:31:59
    Daniel
    +4
    Am I the only one who finds sad that this loser's only accomplishment was to take credit for what the Seals did.

• nothingbutthetruth 2012/05/07 06:38:02
    nothingbutthetruth
    No! He is not boasting, he just making it clear and straight that he has good judgement to take down Bin Laden and to grow the economy. The pundits don't like him doing that because they are jealous and they scared that will give him points, something the pundits try to take away from him.
  • Ira 2012/05/01 23:34:31
    Ira
    +1
    Where is there boasting going on? Does anyone see people parading in the streets or having bashes over this? The administration is merely offering part of its record. Does anyone remember the announcement? Simple, quick without rejoicing. I believe they are treating it with decorum and a somber note.

If the Seals failed, anyone here, cons included, believe they would use that in their campaign against Obama? Hell yea they would! I think all this brouhaha is BS and simply serves as more evidence of the distain the con have for this president and the self hate they have for all the failures that lead to the crash he inherited.
  • doc moto 2012/05/01 22:37:52
    doc moto
    +1
    Nope; he should stay in Washington DC and stop campaigning and do his job; but then we are probably safer if he is out flying around boasting all the stuff that some one else did years ago! That is enough for now, I have seen kids that with eyes and ears open see what is going on, too bad so many adults get caught up in the lie and lies passed out by this LIAR...He could redeem a part of what he has done, he could resign and turn himself in for trial and the 'string-pullers' all of them in!
  • Joey doc moto 2012/05/01 23:54:32
    Joey
    +1
    Time out that someone else did years ago? Are you saying we did not get OBL under Obama's watch ?
  • doc moto Joey 2012/05/02 01:49:15
    doc moto
    Yes, Obama got Osama and there were two others that got him before that and one of Osama's friend said that the first one gets credit; but heck, give them all credit, Osama was a tall man, so they can all get a leg and an arm, nice eh? Same that they take credit for a lie! It is like fighting over a corps! But you know, if Obama said he did it then what he says in this video must be at least 50% true then lets give him 33% true to what he says out of his own mouth!
  • Joey 2012/05/01 21:24:07
    Joey
    +1
    What is funny is people complain and complain about Obama being to soft on terrorist . However when he highlights what he has done to stop it people complain about it or give credit to everyone else.
  • eliosc 2012/05/01 18:31:32
    eliosc
    +1
    He can do whatever he wants. Anyway, I will not vote for him. I did not vote for him in 2008, and I will not vote for him in 2012.

He has his followers:
    vote vote 2008 vote 2012 followers
    death people voting for obama
    sheeps obama
  • Joey eliosc 2012/05/01 21:21:07
    Joey
    What happen with the votes in Maine the Republican Primary ?
  • eliosc Joey 2012/05/02 06:04:45
    eliosc
    You tell me...
  • Joey eliosc 2012/05/02 07:25:58
    Joey
    Since you are complaining about voting .. you should not this unless you are just complaining about dems to complain about dems .
  • eliosc Joey 2012/05/03 00:07:46
    eliosc
    Your are assuming too much. You don't know me, you don't know what I stand for.

I know the truth hurts, that's why you didn't like what I posted.

I am not even a Republican, I am an Independent.
  • Joey eliosc 2012/05/03 01:45:37
    Joey
    I refer to my first post . If you want to take about voter issues , Why are you not talking about Maine.
  • eliosc Joey 2012/05/03 06:14:47
    eliosc
    The topic is about BHO.

If you are so interested to talks about Maine. why don't you open a new thread about it?
  • Muriel 2012/05/01 16:15:47
    Muriel
    +1
    Yes,yes and yes. Problem is he doesn't have any issues to stand on.
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/05/01 14:52:57
  • NYCbrit POWERSH... 2012/05/02 08:22:37
    NYCbrit
    +1
    Exactly!

seal team 6
  • POWERSH... NYCbrit 2012/05/02 13:11:23
  • FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX 2012/05/01 14:21:51
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    Yes! What is he THINKING??? Its only OK for the White Guy:

Bush says that with Kerry, Saddam would still be in power: http://www.sodahead.com/unite...
  • ID51 2012/05/01 14:13:11
    ID51
    +1
    He can't boast about the economy. He's working on destroying our freedoms. Can't boast about that. He can't really boast about killing bin Laden since it was the military who risked their lives to do it.... Time to sit down and be quiet.
  • Bella 2012/05/01 13:20:14
    Bella
    Markig any aniversary of this mans death is every american's right. Accept that sometimes it will be in an election year. Everyone knew republicans were going to hate The anniversary of OBL demise. Republicans made getting OBL the measurement of strength and leadership over a decade ago. There's an anniversary every year as a reminder who has strength and leadership, the democrats.
  • mwg0735 2012/05/01 13:11:25
  • Rusty Shackleford 2012/05/01 12:55:58
    Rusty Shackleford
    +3
    No, killing Bin Laden is all he has.
  • FAWKES'... Rusty S... 2012/05/01 14:25:46
  • Schläue~© 2012/05/01 12:54:07 (edited)
    Schläue~©
    +3
    This is what they're going to run with........ seriously?

binGM
    This recent campaign poster that was touted by Joey Biden a few days ago, sums up just how pathetic and void of any accomplishment this administration is.
    No matter how much credit 0bozo tries to take for bin Laden's demise, the truth is that it was a no-brainer decision after years of work by many and the skills of SEAL Team 6.

By a 2 to 1 margin, Americans feel that the GM bail-out was unnecessary and they should have gone through a normal bankruptcy process as any other corporation would have faced. That is the similar feeling about the unConstitutionality of 0bozocare (Dem's included) and support for Arizona's immigration law SB 1070.

This is certainly an administration that is completely out of touch, riddled with scandals and has nothing positive to point to after 3 years of unprecedented failure.
  • keymanjim Schläue~© 2012/05/01 13:32:33
  • FAWKES'... Schläue~© 2012/05/01 14:27:53
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    I see. Its only OK for the White Guy.

• Schläue~© FAWKES'... 2012/05/01 15:06:09
    Schläue~©
    +1
    I see you still haven't increased your reading comprehension skills.

Bush stated a fact. Kerry has blown with the wind on Iraq since Desert Storm and changed his rhetoric to align with what the opinion of the day was.

[Following Iraq's invasion of Kuwait in January 1991, Kerry broke with the majority of senators and voted against authorizing the first Gulf War. He said on the Senate floor, "It is a vote about war because whether or not the president exercises his power, we will have no further say after this vote."

Kerry thus voted against war after Iraq took aggressive military action. He said a vote in favor of military action was tantamount to giving Congress "no further say" on the war.

In October 2002, he supported the current war in Iraq, despite the fact that Iraq took no aggressive action against its neighbors.

In announcing his candidacy for president, in September 2003, he said his October 2002 vote was simply "to threaten" the use of force, apparently backtracking from his belief in 1991 that such a vote would grant the president an open-ended ticket to wage war.

"We should not have gone to war knowing the information that we know today," Kerry said Wednesday on ABC's "Good Morning America." "Knowing there was no imminent threat to America, knowing there were no weapons...

"We should not have gone to war knowing the information that we know today," Kerry said Wednesday on ABC's "Good Morning America." "Knowing there was no imminent threat to America, knowing there were no weapons of mass destruction, knowing there was no connection of Saddam Hussein to al Qaeda, I would not have gone to war. That's plain and simple."

But on Aug. 9, 2004, when asked if he would still have gone to war knowing Saddam Hussein did not possess weapons of mass destruction, Kerry said: "Yes, I would have voted for the authority. I believe it was the right authority for a president to have." Speaking to reporters at the edge of the Grand Canyon, he added: "[Although] I would have done this very differently from the way President Bush has."]

So, which Kerry is it? Bush was stating the obvious about the beatnik, anti-war activist and Kerry would have pulled a Clinton on the matter. Romney has never cast a vote one way or another and 0bozo is basing his delusions off pure speculation and not someone's track record.

Besides, this topic is about taking out someone who was known to be responsible for the 1993 WTC bombing, although Clinton gave him numerous free passes, and after 9/11 .... not about removing a dictator from power, (or just assassinate them) which 0bozo seems to have no problem with.
  • FAWKES'... Schläue~© 2012/05/01 15:29:11
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    Wow. That's a lot of drivel just to say "Its OK for the WHITE GUY."
  • Schläue~© FAWKES'... 2012/05/01 15:50:34
  • Schläue~© FAWKES'... 2012/05/01 15:50:58
  • eliosc Schläue~© 2012/05/01 18:39:56
  • eliosc Schläue~© 2012/05/01 18:42:07
  • Daniel 2012/05/01 12:31:59
    Daniel
    +4
  • cate Daniel 2012/05/01 12:36:18
    cate
    +1
    The Seals were indeed hero's in this action. Though I must note that to be duly elected President of the United States, a man is far from a loser. I do hope that he will move on from Bin Laden and focus on the issues at hand.
  • Daniel cate 2012/05/01 13:09:06
    Daniel
    +2
    He's president because he's black not because he's a winner.
  • FAWKES'... Daniel 2012/05/01 15:54:48
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    Then the Seals killed an innocent man. Osama bin Laden did not crash the planes into the World Trade Center.

You can't have it both ways.
  • Daniel FAWKES'... 2012/05/01 17:48:40
    Daniel
    +1
    Sure I can. Osama Bin Laden loved his soldiers and was a leader.
  • clyde 2012/05/01 12:31:12
    clyde
    +2
    I think Obama should start governing. He has never stopped campaigning. Check out this stat: 30% more fund raisers than the previous 5 presidents combined! And where is the probe into his pet money man John Corzine? This boasting clown may not run out of fools money but he is losing credibility every day.
  • Evil 1 2012/05/01 12:24:43
    Evil 1
    +2
    When has he campaigned about the issues? He avoids the real issues like the plague.

2014/10/02 12:55:56