Do you believe Obama and Republicans will compromise?

♥Wild@Heart♥ 2010/11/17 19:06:06
I believe they can compromise.
No, I don't believe they can compromise.
I believe they have to compromise or else.....

Most Americans Don't Believe Obama and Republicans Will Compromise

President Obama and the Republican congressional leadership have put off their Thursday get-together
until later in the month, most Americans don't have much faith anyway
that the two sides would do much to bridge their differences or find
areas of compromise, according to a Quinnipiac University poll conducted Nov. 8-15. Those surveyed expressed the desire to see each side bend, but 73
percent believe they are too far apart to come to agreement on major
issues or reach meaningful compromise. About the same number of
Democrats, Republicans and independents share that view.

Read the entire article:
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/11/17/most-americans-dont-b...

• 7th PLANET "Alien Stud Muffin" 2010/11/17 19:34:59
    7th PLANET "Alien Stud Muffin"
    +12
    We haven't worked our asses off the last 2 years to compromise with the bastards. They shoved so much down our throats it would gag an elephant! COMPROMISE. . . . not NO. . . . . hell noasses 2 years compromise bastards shoved throats gag elephant compromise

• jovi 2010/11/19 16:33:47
    jovi
    +1
    I don`t see obama compromising his progressive agenda he has been pushing.
  • USAF Vet 2010/11/19 08:50:12
    USAF Vet
    True Republicans, and I'm talking Reagan Republicans, will never compromise with a progressive Democrat. It's tantamount to giving in to terrorist demands.
  • u funny 2010/11/19 00:05:49
    u funny
    they all want to keep this fight going because they don't want us to keep think about what they have done to America they sold us out they took our freedom and most of all they went against God , got our sent our jobs over seas know thinks to the unions, they have croupet our country by ever sins they could do by killing unborn baby's, gays, animals knows it's wrong u never see two mail dogs or female dogs going at it.u see even animals knows it's wrong so ,now they want to pass the law it's ok to smoke pot will i'll keep my cig. thank u
  • gary 2010/11/18 16:13:11
    gary
    +1
    Better to be "the party of NO" than to compromise the principes of this Constitutional Republic and the one nation under GOD ! Look where we are now with the compromises with socialism and the communists in the Hate Whitey House.
  • Bowman 2010/11/18 15:20:38
    Bowman
    +1
    There's plenty of room for the Democrats to compromise. They need to truly illustrate how important compromise is by jumping in the middle and compromising. The Repubs have led the compromising the last 4 years, it's time to switch.
    gridlock important compromise jumping middle compromising repubs compromising 4 years switch
    HOLD STRONG!
  • Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA 2010/11/18 08:20:41
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +2
    I do not want any thing except Obongos nightmares ether un-done or held at bay until he is gone in 2012
  • Captain Kirk~POTL 2010/11/18 05:12:54
    Captain Kirk~POTL
    +2
    I doubt they will!!
  • Rockies Man 2010/11/18 03:44:12
    Rockies Man
    +2
    The Republicans might cave and compromise, but Obama will never compromise. That is why the elections of 2010 were only the first step in taking back America, a job we will finish off in 2012.
  • Captain... Rockies... 2010/11/18 05:13:20
    Captain Kirk~POTL
    +4
    Exactly!!
  • ♥Candee™♥ 2010/11/18 03:11:22
    ♥Candee™♥
    +2
    I truly don't know.
  • Joves the Instigator 2010/11/18 03:05:04
    Joves the Instigator
    +1
    Well I think they will have to but wether they will is another matter. Both sides though seem to think that its my way or the highway is compromise. But as I state everywhere on here the two parties are not interested in the good of the country, they are only concerned for the good of themselves. What really needs to be acted upon will not be in lieu of fluff politics to make themselves feel good for doing something.
  • In vino veritas 2010/11/18 03:02:27
    In vino veritas
    +4
    For the next two years there will be a lot of treading water,I'll settle for that over this adm. idea of PROGRESS.......... PROGRESSIVEyears treading waterill settle adm progress CHURCH ILL QUOTESyears treading waterill settle adm progress
  • Angel 2010/11/18 02:53:34
    Angel
    +6
    I think the Republicans will offer obama policies that work but he in his arrogance and vein pride will not compromise with them... he didn't before
  • DavE 2010/11/18 01:26:13
    DavE
    +8
    Respect the One-World Marxist Ideologue ---- compromise was not in his vocabulary the past two years. He calls us "enemies" and says we have to sit in the back.
    To hell with him. Make an example of him.
  • johnc 2010/11/18 00:52:21
    I believe they can compromise.
    johnc
    +5
    Th ball is in Obamas court, so it is all up to him. Hit the wrong button. obama is an ideologue
  • gary johnc 2010/11/18 16:16:29
    gary
    +1
    he may ha a ball on a court but he's got nothin in his skivvies !
  • Hellno~POTL~RWAC~FUCU 2010/11/18 00:26:05
    Hellno~POTL~RWAC~FUCU
    +8
    I certainly hope not! There can be no compromise with this commie of a bastard president!
  • bacon bits 2010/11/18 00:03:13
    bacon bits
    +7
    I don't think obama, pelosi or reid know HOW to compromise...I think the parties can without those three losers. three stoogies pelosi obama reidobama pelosi reid compromise parties losers
  • Theresa 2010/11/17 23:49:40
    Theresa
    +6
    How can anyone compromise with the evil the Usurper has been doing to American People!
  • MyPupTaz 2010/11/17 23:23:53
    MyPupTaz
    +1
    i HOPE FOR US THEY DO PUT EVERYTHING ASIDE AND DO WHAT IS RIGHT.
  • Nonstoppolitics 2010/11/17 23:17:46
    Nonstoppolitics
    +1
    I can't think of a time during the Obama presidency when the Republicans ever tried to compromise. They've basically been berating and bashing the man ever since he took office. Meanwhile Obama compromised on Single Payer, he's abandoning Cap and Trade, he's even all but given up the fight over tax cuts for the rich. I would seriously like to know if there was a single thing the Republicans didn't attack Obama on. For a while there I thought they were going to start criticizing his every move. Not just policy, literally every single thing he did.
  • Radlad 2010/11/17 23:00:32
    Radlad
    +2
    .......as always the GOP will compromise I've yet to see the democrats compromise. Had the house and senate reversed and the republicans had a filibuster veto proof majority. The democrats would not compromise a damn thing. On most issues right off the bat I can name five rinos that'd side with the dims. juan mcshame, graham, both of Maine's senators brown, and what's her face from Alaska might as well be a dimocrap. Cause you know thanks to the liberals she was able to alfrankin an election like reid and she for sure wants to punish the republicans for voting for miller...................
  • LoliAnne 2010/11/17 22:04:52
    LoliAnne
    +1
    Compromise isn't in the republican vocabulary. The only words they know are "no" and "lobbyist money".
  • Isma'ila (God has heard)! 2010/11/17 21:55:40
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    +6
    I do not believe that people should compromise their values.
  • LoliAnne Isma'il... 2010/11/17 22:05:21
    LoliAnne
    The republican values being lobby money.
  • Isma'il... LoliAnne 2010/11/17 22:08:31
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    +3
    You are wrong! It is the liberals who do that!
  • LoliAnne Isma'il... 2010/11/17 22:12:57
    LoliAnne
    Right. And John Boehner is jesus. Republicans took lobby money during HCR. Bohener took lobby money and HANDED IT OUT ON THE FLOOR BEFORE A VOTE. It came from a cigarette company. You don't seem to know your party very well or perhaps you don't pay attention.
  • Isma'il... LoliAnne 2010/11/17 22:16:42
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    +2
    You are the typical liberal liar!
  • LoliAnne Isma'il... 2010/11/17 22:24:46
  • Joves t... LoliAnne 2010/11/18 03:07:56
    Joves the Instigator
    +1
    Actually both parties cowtow to the lobbyists. If you believe otherwise you are delusional. The two party system is utterly corrupt and devoid of any morals.
  • LoliAnne Joves t... 2010/11/18 12:18:59
    LoliAnne
    +1
    Ding, ding, ding. I don't believe other wise.
  • Radlad LoliAnne 2010/11/18 11:08:35
    Radlad
    and you have proof of that....................

coarse obummer and the democrats are on sorros payroll and nothing but puppets is of no concern of yours.........
  • LoliAnne Radlad 2010/11/18 12:19:54
    LoliAnne
    I think that is stupid. But I will tell you he took lobby money from BP and that is why I didn't vote for him.
  • lucky 2010/11/17 21:47:02
    lucky
    +1
    I had hoped they would but considering Republicans are now holding out on the continuation of the "New START treaty", a 1980's treaty that was proposed by REAGAN, signed by his successor H.W. Bush and ratified by the Senate in overwhelming margins, id say the Republicans responsible definitely will not compromise they are on purposely causing a problem where none exists.
  • maggiemay 2010/11/17 21:19:46
    maggiemay
  • 7th PLA... maggiemay 2010/11/18 15:56:47
    7th PLANET "Alien Stud Muffin"
    I hope the TAIL is WAGGING the DOG!!!
  • Ed 2010/11/17 21:11:01
    Ed
    +4
    Obama and the Progressives' idea of a compromise is to be in full agreement with them. Besides, how the hell can you trust Liberal liars to compromise?
  • Prairie Wind 2010/11/17 20:47:08 (edited)
    Prairie Wind
    +3
    Perhaps the combination of the TEA party with assistance of the GOP will be sufficient to attract Democrats recognizing the path presently pursued by the White House becomes irrelevant and the majority of elected Representatives and Senators face the reality of their constituancy will no longer be willing to accept how Government was conducted with the result of collective leadership that leaves Obama simply null and void. We don't need him and what we need, we can accomplish ourselves with those who represent their supporting voters.

Let's see Obama jump!

leadership leaves obama simply null void accomplish represent supporting voters
  • GANGA~Patriotic Revolution ... 2010/11/17 20:41:43
    GANGA~Patriotic Revolution BL-100+
    +8
    000bama is not capable of compromising. He still doesn't understand that
    the 'shellacking' was resistance to his agenda!
  • Andy Devine 2010/11/17 20:38:56
    Andy Devine
    +3
    I believe this article makes Obama’s agenda very clear and as I had previously thought “He only hears what he wants to hear”

Obama Tells Left-Wing MoveOn: I Will Fight GOP

President Barack Obama may have expressed humility during his conciliatory news conference Wednesday over the shellacking he took in the midterm elections, but just hours after speaking to the nation, he made it very clear in a phone call to left-leaning activist group MoveOn that he is not willing to compromise his core beliefs.

“We always knew bringing about change in Washington wouldn’t be easy, and it might get tougher in the days ahead,” Obama told the liberal organization's supporters a day after Republicans won the House in a landslide. “The message I took away from the elections is very simple: The American people are still frustrated. They still want change; we just have to work harder to deliver the change the American people want.”

Obama said he and activist organizations like MoveOn must work harder pushing the progressive agenda “until every American sees real change in their own lives . . . We didn’t sign up for doing what was easy, we signed up for doing what was right,” he said of his policies to fix America. “We are going to continue to take all the time it takes –– and all the effort i...

Obama said he and activist organizations like MoveOn must work harder pushing the progressive agenda “until every American sees real change in their own lives . . . We didn’t sign up for doing what was easy, we signed up for doing what was right,” he said of his policies to fix America. “We are going to continue to take all the time it takes –– and all the effort it takes –– to get our country back on track.”

Obama wants MoveOn to keep the spirit of hope and change alive because it helps him translate that spirit into accomplishment.

“To those who began the journey with me almost four years ago, think about how far we’ve come,” Obama said. “Think about the ups and downs we went through during the course of the campaign. There were times when folks counted us out and we always came back. The same thing is going to happen over the next two years, and the next six years.”

2014/08/27 17:26:25