Do you approve of Drones flying over the US spying on us.

HarleyCharley 2012/06/14 23:20:17
Yes, because...
No, because...
I'm not sure, but...
Groups Concerned Over Arming Of Domestic Drones
May 23, 2012 1:18 PM

• Red Branch 2012/06/15 04:17:42
    No, because...
    Red Branch
    +6
    Make that a NFW.

We are supposedly protected by the 4th Amendment. I understand the out in public bit, but those rules were written before this type of technology was imagined let alone existed.
    Then there are these gadgets that can download what you have on your cell phone / i pad or computer in your house by pointing something at you.

The 4th Amendment protects people not places.

• jon 2012/06/21 20:26:27
    No, because...
    jon
    Hell NO
  • YouSirName 2012/06/17 14:02:35
    No, because...
    YouSirName
    I reject the right wing security fetish with security at the price of privacy.
  • Reggie☮ 2012/06/15 17:59:12
    No, because...
    Reggie☮
    Absolutely Not. Too "watching" Americans already.
  • Death Faerie 2012/06/15 16:20:02
    No, because...
    Death Faerie
    no..creepy. Reminds me too much of 1984
  • Jane 2012/06/15 15:23:46
    No, because...
    Jane
    It should be obvious, if not, it is probably a waste of time talking to you.
  • Franklin 2012/06/15 12:40:44
    No, because...
    Franklin
    +1
    ...yet another poll where brain dead Obama supporters are OK with any and every subversion of our freedom ...how odd it is that just a few years ago they claimed it was the END OF THE WORLD when President Bush listened to phone calls by-to and from KNOWN terrorists ....now they are all for a full tilt Police state , cause Obama can be trusted blindly ....
  • Jane Franklin 2012/06/15 15:27:49
    Jane
    That is total nonsense and just blatant lies.
  • 9th of 9 2012/06/15 12:33:48
    No, because...
    9th of 9
  • Franklin 9th of 9 2012/06/15 13:18:51
    Franklin
    +1
    yea well liberals have for a long time wanted to do away with the first half dozen amendments ...they get in the way of "the plan" LOL
  • 9th of 9 Franklin 2012/06/15 13:48:30
    9th of 9
    Absolutely they do. Establishment Republicans are no different, Tyranny can not exist with those pesky human rights hanging around.
  • kurtanderson1 2012/06/15 11:53:07
    No, because...
    kurtanderson1
    +2
    When your own country starts spying on you, it's time to rethink your choice of elected officials.
  • Janoy Davis 2012/06/15 10:58:48
    Yes, because...
    Janoy Davis
    +1
    What are you people complaining about? S*th GOOGLE can see ur a$$ taking a dump on the toilet from outer space and ur complaining about recon drones? STFU! 1. If you are currently military or retired, from a brother in Arms, thank you. And it is you who know what "freedom" truly means. I am current MIL. and my reduced freedoms and liberties dont affect who I am, they make me more responsible for my actions. I took an oath to defend this country from enemies foreign and DOMESTIC (Im looking at you average middle class citizen). I welcome these drones with open arms because I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE. If you do have something to hide, your probably breaking the law and should be arrest by local, not ferdal officals (unless you really deserved the FBI, ATF, NSA, or one of the many three letter abbervated agencies down your neck). Just think twice about running that red because you will be watched, and you will held to a higher standard. You are free, with liberties and all; you just need to learn to use that "freedom" wisely because I sure law enforcement is piss at people who think they can do whatever they feel like and they are not caught. I am pissed. I want people to be held to a higher standard and not to act stupid just because they can.
  • Franklin Janoy D... 2012/06/15 12:42:46
    Franklin
    +1
    your blind faith in Obama is touching ,... it has me touching an AK-47 right now ! So you will stand against the citizens of the US good luck kid we are not as easy a target as the you might think and we will fight .....
  • Janoy D... Franklin 2012/06/17 04:49:16
    Janoy Davis
    Obama or not, I am upholding my oath to this nation and its people. I will not fight "you" unless ordered to by my officers appointed over me (In such cases, we would have to be in Marshal Law to have conflict with citizens, of which we are currently not in.)
  • 9th of 9 Janoy D... 2012/06/15 13:53:30
    9th of 9
    "I am current MIL. and my reduced freedoms and liberties dont affect who I am, they make me more responsible for my actions."

BS.
  • Janoy D... 9th of 9 2012/06/17 04:59:08
    Janoy Davis
    I am currently exercising my 1st amendment right to free speech in a professional manner unlike that of the marine who bad talked about the presidental office too much and violated the Uniform Code of Military Justice doing so. In so for every action, there is an opposite reaction, and his actions reaction was getting kicked out. Plus all military know certain rights granted as a cilivan are either striped or greatly reduced. Its was even stated in my basic training study guide. So therefor I think before I speak because my actions have consequences. In concurrance I am held to a higher standard than you, cilivian. I like my job, and I would like to keep it.
  • 9th of 9 Janoy D... 2012/06/17 09:22:41
    9th of 9
    As a Veteran, I am fully aware of the uniform code. I took the same oath to defend and protect. There is nothing I would not do to defend the "position" of the Presidency. There is a big difference between the meaning of that "position" and the "man" who holds that position. At the same time you are doing your job, take a minute to learn the difference.
  • Janoy D... 9th of 9 2012/06/17 09:52:12
    Janoy Davis
    The thing is there has to be decorum, especially if your boss is the president. You must respect the man and his position, but at the same time respectfully agree or disagree with his policies. We all learned to use the chain of command to settle grievences. Till the time your qrievences are settled, keep it to yourself. This also works in the private sector. If you are to talk badly about your cilivan boss, chances are you are gonna be highly reprimanded, demoted, or simply fired.
  • 9th of 9 Janoy D... 2012/06/17 10:04:38
    9th of 9
    I repsect the position. Nowhere, Nohow, does it say I have to respect the man.

Wrong is wrong. If I am fired for being right, I'll walk away and wont even attempt looking back.
  • Janoy D... Janoy D... 2012/06/17 07:38:48
    Janoy Davis
    Lets continue on the CONSTITUTIONALITY of the drones. The 4th amendment gives expections to the warrant requirement such as 1. Open fields (includes woods, open waters, and pastures) 2. Plain View (self explanatory) 3. Curtilage (thats the land that surrounds the your home). A spy drone that is in US government Air Space (thats the air above your house) has the authority to look down and see whats happening in your yard. If you are commiting a crime; it will be in Plain view if the drone sees it. The drone then relays the evidence to law enforcement officals, giving them evidence to issue a warrant for your arrest. WELL LOOK AT THAT, YOU BROKE THE LAW AND YOU WERE CAUGHT! SH*TTY WHAT TECHNOLOGY CAN DO. Now time to qoute Scooby Doo "If it wasn't for you blasted Drone, I would have gotten away with it!" Justice Served.
  • Aksana 2012/06/15 10:36:56
    I'm not sure, but...
    Aksana
    lm not sure
  • D D 2012/06/15 09:58:38
    No, because...
    D D
    +1
    Absolutely not! Not in one way shape or form! I am against it fully.
  • ed 2012/06/15 09:11:36
    No, because...
    ed
    any politican that had any part in this needs their asses kicked and then voted out of office.
  • A Founding Father 2012/06/15 05:29:48
    Yes, because...
    A Founding Father
    +1
    Bring em on. What I do, even when alone, is not illegal, immoral, or fattening, so why should I care if a machine is searching for WMDs or secret communications between
    terrorists or kidnappers? Now, if you are spending your grocery money on crack cocaine
    or meth, you might want to dress up in a wig and costume, just in case the DEA is watching the alley right now. And, of course, if you whip out your pistol down there in Indiana or Texas and shoot a policeman, the drone just might drop something on your
    rusting Honda Accord that will spread it all over the highway. I think the answer to this question sorta depends on what one does when not busy with the day job, don't you?
  • rex A Found... 2012/06/15 09:45:57
    rex
    +2
    You cant be serious.... Good luck living in the former USSR with police standing outside your door and dictating what you can say and eat...
  • A Found... rex 2012/06/15 19:25:53
    A Founding Father
    When I become paranoid, I"ll seek help from a competent Doctor. You should consider doing the same.
  • rex A Found... 2012/06/19 09:25:52
    rex
    I think you are already there my friend... My ancestors didnt fight to preserve my freedom from tyrants and spies for me to allow them to destroy the freedoms that our ancestors came here for..
  • A Found... rex 2012/06/19 22:33:41
    A Founding Father
    I really don't think your "ancestors" had in mind making a society for paranoids and anarchists to run rampant doing whatever came into their minds. A society of 330 million individuals requires a great deal of discipline in order to not become an unmanageable circus for freaks and nutcases of every type fighting among themselves. When cave tribes grew to about 20-30 members, they began to form "governance" and make rules for benefit of the entire group. How much more
    complex is our world than theirs, although some minds remain fixed on selfishness and determine to be uncooperative. The "Unabomber" and Charles Manson were much like that. Sometimes society just has to put them away and move on with what is necessary and useful to the 99.9% who benefit from progress.
  • rex A Found... 2012/06/22 11:18:50
    rex
    What a shame... its people like you that were in Germany and the USSR that blindly followed like zombies as Hitler took control of their lives. I feel bad that you feel incapable of making decisions without asking permission from King Barry. Soon you will be bowing to a statue of him just like he bowed to the towel head tyrant in Sudan.
    All in the name of Progress.... Wow.. sounds like moving backward to the days of Julius Caesar and King Herod, That would be Regressing, not Progressing.
  • A Found... rex 2012/06/22 20:46:19
    A Founding Father
    Turning civilization over to the deviates and personality disordered who can't get along in a group setting would, indeed, be a form of regression. That isn't about to happen, so you need to "adjust" to living in a world where cooperation with the neighbors and obeying the speed limits is the norm. Otherwise, you will remain unhappy and upset forever, possibly just losing
    your mind with anxiety disorders.
  • rex A Found... 2012/06/28 09:49:29
    rex
    Okay. Obamazombie, you keep telling yourself that. evertyhing they are doing is because they know what is best for you... Dont think for yourself and to hell with freedom...
  • D D A Found... 2012/06/15 09:48:27
  • A Found... D D 2012/06/19 22:34:15
    A Founding Father
    Paranoia can be treated by competent physicians, in most cases.
  • D D A Found... 2012/06/20 05:12:12
    D D
    “There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ~Leonardo da Vinci
  • A Found... D D 2012/06/20 05:17:44 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    Indeed, that might be true. Where do paranoids fit in the "seeing" scheme? Do visions of unreal events count as "seeing"?
  • D D A Found... 2012/06/20 07:13:58
    D D
    You do realize Obama signed a bill as well as congress? The ACLU doesn't get involved in something that is not happening.

"In December, the American Civil Liberties Union published a detailed report on the dangers of a massive build-up of surveillance drones within the US, warning that “our privacy laws are not strong enough to ensure that the new technology will be used responsibly and consistently with democratic values.”
    Jay Stanley, senior policy analyst at the ACLU, described last month a scenario of widespread drone spying leading “to an oppressive atmosphere where people learn to think twice about everything they do, knowing that it will be recorded, charted, scrutinized by increasingly intelligent computers, and possibly used to target them.”
  • A Found... D D 2012/06/20 07:54:44 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    Again, I ask you. What do you do that you fear the Government would have an interest in you and your actions? If you are an immigrant from Sudan or Pakistan, perhaps a drone might drop by and check your e-mails, maybe photograph the license plates of visitors and search to see if they are suspected bomb makers or send money to Taliban cells in Afghanistan. If you are arrested for possessing or making meth, your auto might be tracked for a while, especially if it has a gps transmitter that can be traced. Otherwise, what would be a motive for spending even a cup of fuel to record your activities?

This is a dark world of high technology that can be used in an instant as a weapon against the U.S. and any community. Obviously the Govy wouldn't be spending money on drones or other technology just for the fun of it, not when so many other things are needed. The fact that Congress passed the laws and provided the funds should tell you that they are better informed and concerned than you.

Frankly, I think we would be much better off if everyone did "think twice" about the things they do. There certainly would be less crime, fewer murders and robberies, children would be safer in the park, and the carnage on highways surely would lessen.

There are more than 320 million American...

There are more than 320 million Americans now alive. There can't be a drone for each of us, not one for even each 1,000 of us. These machines will have special purposes, be used in special ways for reasons we don't understand at this time and need not become paranoid and make delusions to fit some conspiracy theories.
  • D D A Found... 2012/06/20 10:13:18
    D D
    The ACLU knows about this and is involved. Obama had signed it as well as congress. It is not a conspiracy theory.

Where you and I differ is in trust level. I do not trust our government. None of it, including congress. You do.
  • A Found... D D 2012/06/20 19:02:10 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    Will you send us a card from your new home? Or, will you remain a freeloader on our generosity and protection of your ungrateful and sorry ass? For more than 200 years the U.S. Government has allowed persons like yourself to exist at the gratis of those who work long hours and diligently to be sure you are safe in your home and on the streets. Of course, you don't deserve these efforts, but they are given to everyone. Those like yourself who "do not trust" become detractors of these efforts, making it easier for criminals, terrorists, Reagan Banks and other terrorists, to bring harm and avoid the controls that would keep us safe.

The ACLU will do what the ACLU does - sometimes protecting us from overreach, other times representing those who would destroy all that is good and decent. Lacking any moral compass or objectives, they can argue both sides of most every issue. We need more like ACLU, just to assure we are thinking and not being led by bigots and extremists, or conspiracy theorists.
  • D D A Found... 2012/06/21 08:39:03
    D D
    I am not on any benefits. My husband and I pay taxes. Served in the Army for this country. The most we ever got was to live on post while in the Army, but when we did we no longer got housing pay.

I am against socialism. I do not believe in the nanny state.

2014/08/29 01:31:24