Do you agree with this statement said by Benjamin Franklin "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary security, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Savior 2012/01/08 05:29:13
Related Topics: Give Up, Liberty, Security
In other words those who give up liberty in the name of security, deserve neither.

• VICTORIA 2012/01/08 05:50:19
    Agree
    VICTORIA
    +4
    Yes, I really do agree with it, and oppose those devastating restrictions on the basic premises of liberty enacted in the Patriot Act- and now the NDAA - as well as SOPA.

I see a population that allows itself to be lulled into war after war without ceasing- terrified into submission and relinquishing every fine thing that makes America unique and the envy of all nations-
    we are spoonfed mindless sabre rattling and have finally created the perfect mechanism of perpetual motion to keep the military industrial complex in business forever.
    A stateless enemy who is a concept- which can never be vanquished- because it does not - in fact- really exist.
    And people are so pee their pants afraid- they will willingly petition our lawmakers to do anything, imprison anyone- just keep the fear at bay.

• NatAlex23 2012/01/08 15:10:46
    Agree
    NatAlex23
    This man knows just how grave the risks of having freedom are. Don't forget, when he signed the Declaration of Independence, he, as well as the other 55 people who signed it, knew that they would be hanged for treason by signing that document if they were caught.
  • D D 2012/01/08 11:37:23 (edited)
    D D
    That is a tough one. It was our freedom that allowed the terrorists to attack us. They were able to roam freely and plan. I do not believe our government is responsible for the entire attack. I believe that they allowed it to happen. How much they knew beforehand I am not privy to.

Where we are at now with the patriot act and NDAA etc is seriously reducing our liberties. It is taking us into a police state. I do not agree with that.

I would like to hear what Ben would have to say knowing where we are at now. I would LOVE to being our founding fathers to the present. It would be great to hear their take and hear what they meant when they formed the nation. Too many people, politicians and lawyers have twisted things. I'd love to straighten it all out.
  • Dr. Sliptinschit 2012/01/08 11:31:03
    Agree
    Dr. Sliptinschit
    +1
    America needs another civil war!

The patriotic conservatives vs the communist liberals!
  • Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/01/08 10:48:24
    Agree
    Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    There are many variations of this quote, but in short I agree. Freedoms themselves are our true forms of security (most of the bill of rights ensures the protection of the people from corruption). Giving them up only makes us more vulnerable.
    And while there are plenty of threats out there, we dont need to forfeit our rights to protect our lives.
  • SourDiesel 2012/01/08 08:22:40
    Agree
    SourDiesel
    I'd rather take the risks and keep my freedoms.
  • A Founding Father 2012/01/08 07:37:44
    Agree
    A Founding Father
    I think he was warning his fellow citizens to not join up with the Continental Army in order to have a free meal and a musket. Good advice even today.
  • Aurora 2012/01/08 07:26:23
    Agree
    Aurora
    +1
    Well his statement has come true with the election of BHO.
  • rocat Aurora 2012/01/08 07:45:49
    rocat
    and bush-
    and in the current crop of neoconprog candidates-

stop falling for the scam folks-
    or the elite progressives will eat us all-
  • Aurora rocat 2012/01/08 07:59:38 (edited)
    Aurora
    you obama voters are always blaming bush for everything, and you are always irate.
  • rocat Aurora 2012/01/08 08:04:10 (edited)
    rocat
    nope no obama voter-
    if you can perceive my comment-
    without blinders on-
    i was agreeing with you-
    and adding to-
    since you only got half of it out-

what part of progressive do you not get-???
    the neoconprog part i'm betting-

more dangerous than libprogs -
    which we expect this from-

neoconprogs are phony conservatives-
    insidious liars-
    or deceived fools-
  • Aurora rocat 2012/01/08 08:05:38
    Aurora
    +1
    Hey sorry about the obama voter, but I do not know what all the abbreviations mean and really don't care to learn it's just more labels. But I do know and I hope you can help out this november that I will support the republican nominee, because we really need to get rid of Obama.
  • rocat Aurora 2012/01/08 08:12:54
    rocat
    yes we damn well do need to-
    but i will not serve the two headed snake of the 2party scam-

for decades too many have-
    and the repubs are false-
    not conservative at all-
    and only take us to the same place-

and the abbreviations are pretty clear-
    both partys are corrupt with progressives-

thank you for apology-
  • rocat Aurora 2012/01/08 08:17:37
    rocat
    and i am nt irate...lol
    i am passionate and fiery-
  • Aurora rocat 2012/01/08 19:18:56
    Aurora
    +1
    no problem I am too.
  • David Hussey 2012/01/08 06:29:42
    Agree
    David Hussey
    Ben Franklin, like most of his peers were men of great insight and vision. Woe to the fools who would casually discard the wisdom they left for our prosperity
  • VICTORIA 2012/01/08 05:50:19
    Agree
    VICTORIA
    +4

Agree
    +1
    B Free Franklin was so right//////////////
  • Laura Lovegood 2012/01/08 05:37:51

2014/09/02 00:09:18