Do you agree with this article, and will you forward it to as many as you can?

staarduster 2012/02/13 17:14:44

A very interesting column.. COMPLETELY NEUTRAL
Be sure to Read the Poem at the end.

Charley Reese's final column for the Orlando Sentinel...
He has been a journalist for 49 years.
He is retiring and this is HIS LAST COLUMN.

Be sure to read the Tax List at the end.

This is about as clear and easy to understand as it can be. The article below is completely neutral, neither anti-republican or democrat. Charlie Reese, a retired reporter for the Orlando Sentinel, has hit the nail directly on the head, defining clearly who it is that in the final analysis must assume responsibility for the judgments made that impact each one of us every day. It's a short but good read. Worth the time. Worth remembering!

545 vs. 300,000,000 People
-By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? John Boehner. He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan ...

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.

Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees...

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

What you do with this article now that you have read it... is up to you.
This might be funny if it weren't so true.
Be sure to read all the way to the end:

Tax his land,
Tax his bed,
Tax the table,
At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor,
Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes
Are the rule.

Tax his work,
Tax his pay,
He works for
peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow,
Tax his goat,
Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
Tax his shirt,
Tax his work,
Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
Tax his drink,
Tax him if he
Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,
Tax his beers,
If he cries
Tax his tears.

Tax his car,
Tax his gas,
Find other ways
To tax his ass.

Tax all he has
Then let him know
That you won't be done
Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers;
Then tax him some more,
Tax him till
He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in
Which he's laid...

Put these words
Upon his tomb,
'Taxes drove me
to my doom...'

When he's gone,
Do not relax,
Its time to apply
The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Excise Taxes
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
Gross Receipts Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Personal Property Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service Charge Tax
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Sales Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What in the heck happened? Can you spell 'politicians?'

I hope this goes around THE USA at least 545 times!!! YOU can help it get there!!!

GO AHEAD. . . BE AN AMERICAN!!!

Read More: http://deadlinelive.info/2011/04/26/charley-reeses...

• kraftymomma1979 2012/05/17 21:15:59
    Yes, I believe this rocks and I want to help spread it around. (Please leave ...
    kraftymomma1979
    I want a receipt with my taxes. I want to know who gets what and what they're doing with it.
  • kraftym... kraftym... 2012/05/17 21:16:47
    kraftymomma1979
    And how do I spread this around on Sodahead?
  • RoseyRhod 2012/02/28 19:21:02
    RoseyRhod
    +1
    I'll share it with my friends. It's nice that it's non-partisan.
  • staardu... RoseyRhod 2012/02/28 23:43:01
    staarduster
    Thanks RoseLeMort. I really appreciate it.
  • Cloud 2012/02/26 19:01:27
    Cloud
    +1
    wow this is the first time i heard of this I'll gladly make sure to pass it around whenever i can
  • staardu... Cloud 2012/02/27 03:24:38
    staarduster
    Thanks Cloud, I appreciate it.
  • in vino veritas 2012/02/23 19:14:18 (edited)
  • staardu... in vino... 2012/02/24 00:29:45
    staarduster
    Thanks in vino veritas.
  • KATLYN 2012/02/19 01:31:39
    KATLYN
  • staardu... KATLYN 2012/02/19 02:08:20
    staarduster
    Thanks for reading. and commenting.
  • bettyboop 2012/02/18 10:48:41
    bettyboop
    +1
    Makes perfect sense. Lets throw the bums out!
  • staardu... bettyboop 2012/02/18 13:15:35
    staarduster
    Thanks for commenting!
  • TuringsChild 2012/02/18 05:16:44
    TuringsChild
    +1
    I note that this media member conveniently forgets that the Media, ie the Fourth Estate, has failed in ITS duty to inform the electorate in an accurate and balanced way. Keep the voters ignorant and you can lead them to vote for ANYTHING.
  • staardu... Turings... 2012/02/18 05:22:19
    staarduster
    Thanks for your comment. At least, he waited to make this his last article at retirement. One comment on here derailed him for waiting 49 years to say this. lol
  • niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20 2012/02/18 05:14:32
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    +1
    Thanks. No need to read article.
    The only person responsible for one´s problems is Oneself.
    No ISM is going to do anything for you, except rob you of your sovereignty
  • staardu... niviong... 2012/02/18 05:25:42
    staarduster
    +1
    Well niviongo it does not apply to you anyway if you are not an American citizen, voting here in America. But really most all politicians are the same. Made a new friend in India tonight who said they were mindless there too! lol
    Your answer is way too simplified. Oneself can't control what the government does to you, one can only try to live around it.

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare but only those specifically enumerated." -- Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for commenting.
  • niviong... staardu... 2012/02/18 05:47:48
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    +1
    Thanks!. That was quick.
    I am an American ( I was born is the Western hemisphere which is composed of North America (Canada, USA and Mexico), Central America and South America.
    I am a US citizen and I do vote and participate in the process.

The only difference between the parties is that if you are hungry, one party will give you a fish while the other one will give you a fishing pole.

We cant control the Government because we are ignorant of our rights clearly detailed in the Constitution 1778. It is your and my fault that we have allowed one branch of democracy control all 3 branches. The Judiciary control the Legislative and Executive.

We, NorthAmericans live in a JUDICIAL DICTATORSHIP. (Madison, Federalist Papers Num47 parr=3.
    Thanks for the interesting issue you bought up.
  • staardu... niviong... 2012/02/18 05:57:09
    staarduster
    Thank YOU for your insight, as always. I love to read what you say. You haven't failed me yet dear friend.
    "While the word is yet unspoken, you are master of it;
    when once it is spoken, it is master of you" -- Arab proverb.
  • niviong... staardu... 2012/02/18 06:00:24
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    +1
    Thank God it does not apply to cyber space, otherwise I would fried.
  • staardu... niviong... 2012/02/18 06:05:33 (edited)
    staarduster
    You don't think it applies here? I do. When the quote originated, there was no electronic media, probably no telegraph even. That's interesting, you got me thinking about how this quote must have begun. Wonder what its history is?
    I do believe (there's that disclaimer that allows me to rant) that whatever we type we first think therefore shove it into the stream of consciousness where it takes hold same as if we spoke it in influencing Karma.
  • niviong... staardu... 2012/02/18 06:09:40
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    +1
    Ranting welcome and appreciated!
    May I amend your lines; they are truthful but the sequence is no prioritized.
  • staardu... niviong... 2012/02/18 06:14:22
    staarduster
    Whadddya mean amend my lines? Show me...
  • niviong... staardu... 2012/02/18 06:41:59
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    +1
    " whatever we type we first think therefore shove it into the stream of consciousness" You said this.

My understanding is : Consciousness is several hierarchical levels above thinking. Thinking is "manufactured" in the most inferior and less valued part of our Minds; thinking clutters the Mind(s) and prevent the reception of purer forms of thinking from the higher better Minds. Consciousness uses those higher Mind parts trying to reach our lower Mind . Mst of the times, Consciousness fails because our ignorant lower mind is busy with idle, useless thinking(mortgage, car payments, needs of those around you, debts, etc)
    This is not an easy subject to thread.
    My apologies if confusion ensues.
  • staardu... niviong... 2012/02/18 13:27:55
    staarduster
    Au contraire, mon ami. I am with you 100%. The Overself has a time trying to get through sometimes, when we are awake (not asleep.)
    Keeping these lines of communication open is key to perfect health.
    Why don't you read some of my old poems and essays? You might like them:
    http://totherow.tripod.com/po...
    http://totherow.tripod.com/es...
    Sorry it took me so long to answer. I had to go to bed. lol This SH is one heckuvan excitement and pleasure. Never before have I had the opportunity to talk in so many different places on so many different subjects at the same time. It's right up my alley....of course, strictly speaking, it's not at the same time (that would be like Data listening to several concerts all at once). One thing follows another. Wisdom: one thing leads to another. :)
    Regarding the above, which you amended: I still believe whatever we think, while it may originate in the lower, basest of minds, which we inhabit by being alive here in the physical realm, winds up in the Akashic record at some point, and causes good or bad karma.
  • niviong... staardu... 2012/02/18 13:32:38
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    +1
    The Akashic Record. I wander how many SH would know about it.
    You are right off course, they hold every little minutia about our existance.
    I do hope they have CCleaner, Registry Cleaner and the like.
  • staardu... niviong... 2012/02/18 13:41:26
    staarduster
    Off course? Am I wrong? I am a little confused about the above. Please elucidate. Perhaps the AR doesn't contain thoughts? How can you be sure of that? Maybe it's not the Akashic Record which contains thoughts, but rather the Book of Life?
    I'm not concerned about other SodaHeads right now, I am dealing with just one. :)
    And I have CCleaner, and like it very much. :)
  • niviong... staardu... 2012/02/18 14:35:24
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    +1
    Akhasic Record=Book of Life and many other names made up by the ISMS.
    Mental activities are part of human activities, not only actions are registered. EVERYTHING IS REGISTERED.
    Closest physical approximation we can cook up for them is The Van Allen Belt, or if you prefer, Higher Ionosphere.
  • staardu... niviong... 2012/02/18 14:49:17
    staarduster
    You think the AR and the BofL are made up names?
  • niviong... staardu... 2012/02/18 14:53:06
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    +1
    I have read so many different sources that , at times, have problems with acronyms.
    Can you clarify yours? AR and BofL
    I did Ron a few years back; learned only 3 things.
  • staardu... niviong... 2012/02/18 14:58:43
    staarduster
    They just refer to your previous comment, niviong. I would not have used them normally. Akashic Record and Book of Life. BTW, what does ISMS refer to?
  • niviong... staardu... 2012/02/18 15:04:12
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    +1
    ISMS:
    More than 2 or more believing in anything without reason, logic or faith. Religions, political parties, nations, countries, races, planets, and beyond.
    All are ISMS.
    WE are all Sovereign Beings and belong/have everything and anything, but own nothing. That place is called Creation.
  • staardu... niviong... 2012/02/18 15:39:08
    staarduster
    What do the letters stand for? isms
  • niviong... staardu... 2012/02/19 16:07:32
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    +1
    ISMS had a lofty purpose at the beginnings of humanity; they help form groups larger than the immediate family or clan members.
    Then the term was "appropiated" by power hungry beings that seek to live their lives at the expense of the majority. In order to succeed they have to create divisions and separation from the wholesome unity we were intended to live by.

ISMS are labels (my definition) is 2 or more individuals trying to imposed their views in any other(s) by whatever means necessary to achieve that goal.
    They use the pen (philosophy), tongue/sword (belief systems-religions), guns (Nations), systems of societal living (political parties, ethnic groups, etc.).
    I think you get my drift.
    Just ask. Thanks for query; no one asked it before.
  • staardu... niviong... 2012/02/19 00:06:26
    staarduster
    +1
    The Institution of Silly & Meaningless Sayings (ISMS)
  • niviong... staardu... 2012/02/19 16:08:53
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    +1

I think you get my drift.
  • staardu... niviong... 2012/02/19 00:10:57
    staarduster
    +1
    well well well. All this time since the first thread where I saw you I thought you were SO intelligent. Just because YOU'VE never seen the Akashic Record doesn't mean it does not exist, my friend. Are you going to turn out to be one of those folks who only believes what he can see or touch? That is so narrow-minded. I took you for way more intelligent than that. :)
  • niviong... staardu... 2012/02/19 16:09:21
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    +1
    Barely can walk and chew gum at the same time.
  • staardu... niviong... 2012/02/19 16:35:52
    staarduster
    +1
    Good morning. :)
    You are a hard person to understand, sometimes. I have seen the Akashic Record for myself. That's one reason how I know it is there. I have also studied the books of Tuesday Lobsang Rampa in the 70s which shed light on the subjects of astral traveling, the silver cord, the Akashic Record, and lots more.
    Just in the last few months I finally came across Zecharia Sitchin and his interpretations of the Sumerian Cuneiform tablets. Others have provided even more light on the subject of genetically modified hominids created for mining gold in South Africa by the Annunaki (those who from heaven to earth, came) over 400,000 years ago. I finally got an answer as to what caused the asteroid belt as well, although I suspected this cause. I didn't realize Nibiru played a part in this, but it's fast becoming common knowledge on the Internet as the time of the predicted return of the Annunaki and their planet approaches.
    Thanks for your comments.
  • niviong... staardu... 2012/02/19 20:44:26
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    +1
    Yes: my thinking pattern is odd and twisted: it comes from discerning opposite versions in the same topic simultaneously. Doing that, you immediately see that every single written work (books) has an ax to grind, regardless source.
    Enlil and his brother already came and went. We are in our own: no help from anywhere in Creation. It is up to us to make or perish.
    Asteroid belt are rocks that remain from another planet which was in circular Solar orbit: inhabitants were as evolutionary inmature as we are and they used atomic weapons in their disagreement destroying everything.
    The few inhabitans that had evolved a bit more (positive or negative polarity does not matter at this elemental level), were sent to Earth and mixed with the indigenous enki/enlil hominids. Today we call those from that planet, now here in ours, Jews.
    Nibiru passed by 2 years ago: will return in 3600 years.
  • staardu... niviong... 2012/02/19 21:37:02
    staarduster
    +1
    Dad gummit. Why didn't Nibiru get any coverage by the multitude of amateur astronomers who should have seen it? I can understand why NASA would have kept it a secret, but how could it have already passed by while so many are watching for it? Have they (its inhabitants) learned how to cloak it?
    I was under the impression that Tiamat, that planet that used to exist in the orbit of the Asteroid Belt, was struck by a moon of Nibiru on one of Nibiru's earlier passes, causing a huge chuck to move into our orbit and become earth. That's how we got our Moon, too, from that or a subsequent collision. Tiamat had water, which is why we have water now, it came from Tiamat.
    Am I boring you?

2014/09/02 02:17:27