Do You Agree With The Occupy Oakland Protest?

Shockya 2012/01/29 23:52:12
Related Topics: Oakland, Protest, Occupy

Read More: http://www.shockya.com

• Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/01/30 05:07:02 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +11
    This is what happens when government starts to govern as an Oligarchy and crony capitalism sets in. On top of that a broken education system and bail outs for the corrupt wealthy, while the middle class dwindles. I'm neither for nor against it at the moment, since I need to read some facts about the protest; before making my final decision. People opinions aren't facts and I rather read from an accurate source. For the Conservatives, just remember NDAA was passed by both parties, and Liberals should keep that in mind as well; before the endless bickering comes into play.

• MadAsHEck LesMise... 2012/01/30 04:17:33
    MadAsHEck
    +1
    Have you ever been surrounded by a Mob? Had your car being rocked and nearly turned over on a public thouroughfare?

That is what these folks are doing. And when it happens to you you may have a different opinion. And you support destruction of public property, burning the American Flag, Looting stores, and all the other stuff they have done?
  • Karl Marx MadAsHEck 2012/01/30 04:48:57
    Karl Marx
    +1
    Burning the American flag... Isolated incident.... Destruction of public property.... Isolated incident.... Cars being rocked...... Untrue..... Looting of stores.... Untrue.... Anything else you want to invent?
  • MadAsHEck Karl Marx 2012/01/30 05:02:14 (edited)
    MadAsHEck
    BS again - Childish crap. And if you were intelligent and able to research you would find none of what i listed has not happened. And they have burned the American Flag, images of it being used as doormats, and in other manners defaced by these Patriots.

They killed off some 100 year old trees in Portland Oregon. They rocked the car in DC, and the guy tried to drive off as he had his kids in the car. knocked 3 of them down and the cops let him go. They looted stores in Oakland last month. And so on and so on.

But you cannot do research, just throw rhetoric. Like most children that get into adult conversations.
  • LesMise... MadAsHEck 2012/02/01 00:25:23
    LesMiserables
    Oooohhh....somebody wants to fight. Well, your screen name is MADASHECK, so wataya you know. I support any protest for a good cause.
  • MadAsHEck LesMise... 2012/02/01 04:12:02 (edited)
    MadAsHEck
    Good for you. Lets see how you feel when violate your civil rights. Which they already have of course. The costs of this violence, and destruction is beig paid by taxpayers dollars.

Of course if you are one of the moochers yourself, I can understand your supporting them. Most Americans are willing to resist Anarchy. But go for it if that is your thoughts for the future. You won't like living under the government they have planned for you. .

And if you were smart you might know where my screen name came from. But of course that is way above the heads of todays brainwashed youth.

Go away troller. Can't prove they are not violent and unlawful, you are trolling.
  • LesMise... MadAsHEck 2012/02/01 22:12:01
    LesMiserables
    Well, gosh. That was really. For your information, I'm not one of the 'brainwashed youth' that you speak of. If you feel the need to call a complete stranger stupid, I feel bad for you. Have a nice day.
  • MadAsHEck LesMise... 2012/02/02 03:25:10
    MadAsHEck
    And you are the one that first began the insults. I read the facts before I jump on someones case. And if you support the OWS, you support the downfall of the American way of life. Read who else is supporting them.

Read the scoresheet.

Occupy and Tea Party
    http://conservativebyte.com/2...
  • LesMise... MadAsHEck 2012/02/02 13:02:09
    LesMiserables
    Gosh, let it go already! Whats your problem?
  • MadAsHEck LesMise... 2012/02/02 19:04:49
    MadAsHEck
    You are the one so supportive of the OWS. I for one see them for what they are.

Ever been near one of their encampments? The one in Protland would make you sick.
  • LesMise... MadAsHEck 2012/02/03 01:14:22
    LesMiserables
    No, i havent...but does it matter what/ what not I'm a supporter of? This website is for the opinionated.
  • MadAsHEck LesMise... 2012/02/03 04:14:30 (edited)
    MadAsHEck
    Then go away. Nobody is forcing you to respond.

And I never read anywhere that a person "Must" be on SodaHead. Which by the way is for people to express their opinions.
  • Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO 2012/01/30 00:40:42
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    +5
    the Oakland mayor has caused this problem.
  • Rusty Bubbles 2012/01/30 00:24:37
    Rusty Bubbles
    +6
    They're a bunch of fools doing the bidding of the very ones they claim to despise
  • MadAsHEck Rusty B... 2012/01/30 04:13:16
    MadAsHEck
    +1
    As Karl Marx said the "Useful Idiots" that bring about the REvolution. And then end up worse off,
  • Epistemically Justified -- BN7 2012/01/30 00:24:32
    Epistemically Justified -- BN7
    +3
    I think I agree more than I disagree with their main message -- there is something severely wrong with socio-economic stratification in America.

Many of the "occupy" protesters are young people; many are college graduates strapped with student loans and facing unemployment post-graduation, some are young servicemen and women who are finding themselves isolated and uncared for by America's corporate environment.

I'm a middle-aged professional working for big oil. I'm sure many of the "occupy" protesters would consider me a part of the problem -- or at least a part of the corporate machine. I can't ever really understand the hardships these people are going through, but I do sympathize. The super-rich are getting richer, and the 99% have had enough. I sort of get it.
  • MadAsHEck Epistem... 2012/01/30 04:20:38
    MadAsHEck
    +1
    So give half of what you own and earn to them. Buy them new tents, sleeping bags, food, etc. Let them live on your property, give them access to your home.

After all you indeed are one of the 1% and owe them that.
  • Epistem... MadAsHEck 2012/01/30 05:31:15
    Epistemically Justified -- BN7
    Oh, I'm most certainly not one of the 1% -- I live well, but not that well. Not everyone working for big oil is an executive millionaire.

I'd be willing to donate to the cause, but I'd need more information than the vague material reported. I know that the "occupy" movement is somewhat organized, but that isn't the way they are portrayed in the media.
  • MadAsHEck Epistem... 2012/01/30 17:30:00
    MadAsHEck
    I meant that as sarcastic. That is their opinion. They want something for nothing.

That was last year. They are now under the wing of the unions, and some other organizations that are planning some real problems in 2012. One article I read was that a group that used to be ACORN, is now back in business, and supporting them and guiding them.
  • The Patriot RP 2012 2012/01/30 00:18:40
    The Patriot RP 2012
    +4
    I agree with their right to protest, I disagree with their methods and the violence they have now deployed. They will never succeed in getting the support of the American people with actions like this, if they keep this up, the people have a right to defend themselves against violence and the destruction of property.
  • MadAsHEck The Pat... 2012/01/30 17:50:09
    MadAsHEck
    That is what we pay the Police for. But then condem them for doing their jobs.

It is Brutality when a Policeman has to wrestle a struggling, fist swinging, kicking and often biting protester to the gound to handcuff them.
  • Susan 2012/01/30 00:14:11 (edited)
    Susan
    +5
    Most of these occupiers (National-wide) seem to be against war, but don't mind vandalism.
  • flrdsgns 2012/01/30 00:08:57
    flrdsgns
    +4
    I have no problem with protesting, I do have a problem with violence and destruction of property though.
  • MadAsHEck flrdsgns 2012/02/02 03:25:56
  • Doug King 2012/01/30 00:06:40
    Doug King
    +4
    They need to get a job, a life, and somewhere else to live.
  • F-18 IN... Doug King 2012/01/30 01:40:39
    F-18 IN GOD WE TRUST
    They need to be put in a confinement camp, with a clear understanding that the only way out is through hundreds of hours service to communities.
  • Karl Marx Doug King 2012/01/30 02:19:58
    Karl Marx
    The problem is... THEY CAN'T GET A JOB.
  • MadAsHEck Karl Marx 2012/01/30 04:24:18
    MadAsHEck
    BS. They won't take a job. Unless they can start at the top.

Somewhere near the protests in Olympia there is a Fast Food restaurant that has had a Help Wanted sign in the window for months. It is beneath their dignity to take a job at Minimum wage. Which in Washington is among the highest in the nation.
  • abubincrazy 2012/01/30 00:05:11
    abubincrazy
    +4
    They're cannon-fodder for the leftists.
    Suckers.
  • ★~DoctorWhoGuru~★ 2012/01/30 00:03:39
  • Karl Marx ★~Docto... 2012/01/30 02:20:12
  • Zombie Saddam 2012/01/30 00:03:19 (edited)
    Zombie Saddam
    +3
    Thugs. All of them. No good, rotten thugs. What's the country coming to when the only way to get yourself heard is to be the most violent, hateful person you can and deface public property? What America needs now is more peace, not more division.
    100 percent
  • Karl Marx Zombie ... 2012/01/30 02:23:45
    Karl Marx
    Oh yeah, 1st amendment thugs, how dare they protest against the big corporations! Blasphemy!
  • MadAsHEck Karl Marx 2012/01/30 04:27:44 (edited)
    MadAsHEck
    +1
    Read the first ammendment. Nowhere does it give anyone the right to violate the civil rights of others. And what do you in Canada have to say about it anyway. After the BS in Canada last year in Vancouver over a Stupid Hockey Game. You are pathetic, and an insult to the Canadians that I am very good friends with.

And when they destroy parks, and public property, they are violating my civil rights.
  • NPC 2012/01/29 23:54:26
    NPC
    +4
    These malcontents should disband and go home now
  • Karl Marx NPC 2012/01/30 02:29:43
  • MadAsHEck Karl Marx 2012/01/30 04:29:35
    MadAsHEck
    You are an ignorant twit. And an insult to your fellow Canadians.
  • MadAsHEck MadAsHEck 2012/02/02 03:26:54
    MadAsHEck
    So you support Anarchy.

Occupy and Tea Party
    http://conservativebyte.com/2...
  • Zombie ... Karl Marx 2012/01/30 14:26:30 (edited)
    Zombie Saddam
    See, you're quoting the later George Carlin, all old, cynical and washed up. The funny thing is that George Carlin at the end probably would have disdained and despised young George Carlin, young, optimistic, and content with life's little humor than can make existence pleasant. I'm not rich. Not a millionaire. Have some minor financial troubles. But hey, I don't feel bad.

I think this song is the antithesis to the OWS angst.
  • Karl Marx Zombie ... 2012/01/30 21:52:24
    Karl Marx
    The fact that the guy was old and "cynical" doesn't take away from what he was saying. THE TRUTH
  • Zombie ... Karl Marx 2012/01/31 00:09:45
    Zombie Saddam
    Except that he wasn't funny at all towards the end. You should hear "Class Clown". Really funny comedy album.
    George Carlin Class Clown

2014/09/01 11:54:04