Do You Agree With The Occupy Oakland Protest?

Shockya 2012/01/29 23:52:12
Related Topics: Oakland, Protest, Occupy

Read More: http://www.shockya.com

• Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/01/30 05:07:02 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +11
    This is what happens when government starts to govern as an Oligarchy and crony capitalism sets in. On top of that a broken education system and bail outs for the corrupt wealthy, while the middle class dwindles. I'm neither for nor against it at the moment, since I need to read some facts about the protest; before making my final decision. People opinions aren't facts and I rather read from an accurate source. For the Conservatives, just remember NDAA was passed by both parties, and Liberals should keep that in mind as well; before the endless bickering comes into play.

• Claybern 2012/02/03 23:16:44
    Claybern
    No and hell no.
  • stevmackey 2012/02/03 21:08:45
    stevmackey
    Kind of reminds you of the 1917 rebellion in Russia.
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/02/02 23:32:51
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    Surely you jest.
  • Flamingolady 2012/02/02 04:33:33
    Flamingolady
    +1
    My God, these thugs broke into City Hall and burned a flag, just for fun. They should all be put in jail. They are no different than anti Americans in many countries trying to wreak havoc in our country, and my guess is that a lot of them are just trying to make it harder on the police.
  • Massaro1150 2012/02/01 03:52:25
    Massaro1150
    +1
    I'm having a hard time with believing all these things lately--it distracts from the real problems that are going on now.
  • Soundstorm Massaro... 2012/02/01 05:00:28
    Soundstorm
    That might be the idea.
  • Simmering Frog - PHART 2012/02/01 02:28:48
    Simmering Frog - PHART
    +3
    Bolchevik revolution

Screw the Bolsheviks. What good came of that? A nightmare society?
  • Soundstorm Simmeri... 2012/02/01 04:59:53
    Soundstorm
    +1
    Those Bolshies sure had no problem with stepping on people.
  • azuredragon 2012/01/31 21:10:09
    azuredragon
    +4
    Let me see -
    Do I agree with malicious vandalism - NO
    Do I agree with the destruction of private and public property - NO
    Do I agree with the uncivil behaviour and littering - NO
    Do I agree with the violence and general criminal behaviour - NO
    Do I agree with the communist and socialist ideas they seem to espouse - NO
    HM - the answer is not only no but
    HELL NO
  • lorraine 2012/01/31 10:14:44
    lorraine
    +4
    No I don't & they have been doing this for a while now! this time they bring kids, pretty stupid ,I feel as a parent to be bringing your kids to a protest like that, putting your kids right in danger like that! Shame on you parents & grow up!!! Enough is enough!
  • JQHiggins 2012/01/31 03:43:36
    JQHiggins
    +5
    Well, I don't know what they stand for. But neither do they. It's rather easy to oppose when you have no constructive ideas.
  • Soundstorm JQHiggins 2012/02/01 05:03:15
    Soundstorm
    +1
    The mob is the safe refuge for scoundrels and buffoons.
  • JQHiggins Soundstorm 2012/02/01 21:57:18
    JQHiggins
    +2
    So is Congress.
  • walkerarchitects 2012/01/31 00:47:54
    walkerarchitects
    +2
    Tired of the big rip off yet?
  • Soundstorm walkera... 2012/02/01 05:03:46
    Soundstorm
    +1
    Tired of the noise and the smell.
  • walkera... Soundstorm 2012/02/03 18:46:27
    walkerarchitects
    +2
    Given that most of the people I know including myself have had the equity in their home taken from them, I would say your comment is ignorant beyond comprehension. I was robed of more than 200K, because the massive number of short sales engineered by Wall Street greed , dishonesty and stupidity changed the fair market value of my home to the extent that it is below the replacement value of just the house on the property. Your ignorance IS the smell! Time to clear the air, the age of let ignorance rule is over!
  • Soundstorm walkera... 2012/02/04 06:18:49
    Soundstorm
    When you finally get all those rudely sanctimonious moralizing brain farts out of your system and feel like taking a break from personally attacking people you disagree with you might take the time to comprehend the government's role in devaluing your equity through this link. http://spectator.org/archives...
    Whether or not you agree with this analysis please consider that vicious personal attacks do not add credibility to your argument and you only contribute to the ugly divisions that are damaging our country. I am not your enemy.
  • walkera... Soundstorm 2012/02/17 21:16:05
    walkerarchitects
    The American Spectator is a right wing smear machine funded by Arch Conservative Billionaires like the Koch brothers. You can read propaganda forever but it will not result in an education. At least now we know where the poison came from and others can witness the damage it inflicts..You go on reading the purveyors of hate and delusion if you choose. Your right I am not your enemy, my enemy is ignorance.
  • Soundstorm walkera... 2012/02/17 23:08:59
    Soundstorm
    You have now firmly established that you have chosen to be closed minded and ignorant. And so you will remain. Your education is done. The only experience you can look forward to now is just getting older while the world resolves its issues without you.
  • Barbara Hasler 2012/01/30 19:56:53
    Barbara Hasler
    +6
    It is a gathering of wannbes that want those of us who work's money given to them. They might try working it might make them aware of reality. I do know that Balmy mentioned them as the 99% I would give them a rating of 10 on the loser scale.
  • walkera... Barbara... 2012/02/03 18:49:36
    walkerarchitects
    +2
    It is a gathering of people in pain. It is people who are not ALLOWED to work by a system that does not care! Obviously you have too much money to comprehend what has been done to us, and what we will do about it. Better go get educated about what is actually happening in America.
  • Barbara... walkera... 2012/02/03 21:01:15
    Barbara Hasler
    I worked my way up the ladder with many jobs. Some even labor intesive with low pay. I took a night school class every quarter for 5 years to advance myself educationally. I did not seek government help or a bail out. What is going on in America is an intense drive to have the government, grossly in debt, take care of you. During my climb, I took all the overtime work I could get, maintained a stringent budget, took no traveling vacations, cooked all my own meals, packed a lunch every day with the possibly of eating out a few times a year. I have little empathy for the trashing of buildings and the filth and crime the hoodlums create. No one owes them anything.
  • walkera... Barbara... 2012/03/09 16:56:23
    walkerarchitects
    You owe them. You used a system paid for by the government and funded by the people to get your education. You use the roads and sidewalks and the police who protect you. The government takes care of you. You pay taxes and you are lucky because you have a job. But you do not own the job unless you are self employed. Without the job you can't survive, pay your mortgage, or put gas in your car. You want to believe that you are different from them because you have a job and they lost theirs. How pathetic is that. Wall street criminals destroyed the economy, destroyed millions of jobs, damaged the economy of seven nation states and nobody was prosecuted. Those criminals made money off the worthless derivatives they peddled and then made more money by betting the system would crash which it did. This is not an intense drive to have the government take care of anyone, it is a demand for JUSTICE! Go educate yourself! The wealthiest 10 percent own more than 90 percent of the total assets in the nation. Go educate yourself! The system is corrupt.
  • Barbara... walkera... 2012/03/09 18:57:55
    Barbara Hasler
    I owe them nothing. Your points are parasitic. From what I have observed they are content to have the government look after them and have no intention of self-improvement. They seem to like wandering around carry idiot signs which some cannot even read. You are obviously standing in the free lunch line. Obama is destroying the economy and stiffling the private sector with over regulation. The idiot in chief wants to drag America down onto its knees. Justice is in the eye of the beholder. Why did Balmy bail out Goldman Sachs then? He has it involved in the failed, thank God, Cap and Trade scam. Most of his advisors and appointees worked for that firm. You need to be educated and learn what is really going on. As for my going to school. I paid my own way. I did not borrow or seek a Pell grant or any thing else. I had a goal and I achieved it. It took time and persistence. You seem to think that it is wrong to go to taxpayer funded schools. Hopefully no one supports your views on that. You apparently want to condem those of us that took the time to self-improve to get a good job instead of joining you in the free lunch line.
  • walkera... Barbara... 2012/03/23 18:45:34
    walkerarchitects
    You are radically addicted to denial. The parasitic exploitation mentality is gross; if you are making money then you are exploiting labor provided by others while you claim to be self made. We are all in it together.

Your lies about the president are sick. Your politics are sick and your rhetoric reveals it. It is not wrong to go to schools it is wrong to prevent people not born with money from the opportunity to get an education. Sure price education beyond their reach while claiming you are a self made man. what total BS you are. Cap and trade is not a scam, how ignorant is that! You never paid your own way any more than the rest of us did. You achieved your goal, big deal. How arrogant! I think denial of reality is wrong and damaging. You need to be educated and learn what is really going on.
  • Barbara... walkera... 2012/03/25 02:44:14
    Barbara Hasler
    Your thinking is skewed. You seem to think that you have to be born with opportunity. I worked at a low paying job and went to night school. I had no free ride only my own personal objective for self-betterment. You seem to think that unless you are wealthy you can't get an education. That is a very lame excuse. You can get a degree on the computer from Harvard if you want to. The operative word is "want". I know quite well what is going on. There is no desire for some to strive to better themselves. They want the free lunch. Well, there is no free lunch. Perhaps they had better quit the self-imposed pity party and get our there and discover opportunity. Here's a clue. It isn;t available from the current regime.
  • walkera... Barbara... 2012/08/10 17:05:13
    walkerarchitects
    +1
    Online education still costs money. It is not free. The incapacity to get fairly compensated is obvious the Top 400 wealthy Americans have more aggregate wealth than the bottom 150 million. That statistic reveals the sick nature of the current economic crisis. No matter how hard you work the only thing that it produces is wealth for somebody else. This is the truth...not a lame excuse! If you can not tell the truth about the reality of the statistics and what that means... at least give up the lies!

To make money you must be born with opportunity! This is the new reality!
  • Barbara... walkera... 2012/08/10 19:49:03
    Barbara Hasler
    Many of those who are now weathy earned it the hard way. You seem to think that all the rich were given a pass. No, some they got an idea and developed it to work for them. Fortunately many succ eded before the government got busy with regulating the private sector to death. It took me four years of night school to get a paralegal degree because I worked and could only afford to take one course a quarter. I had a goal in mind and I reached it. I managed to live quite comfortably working for someone else. The company takes the risk and I earn a living. What is wrong with that? Do you want a government managing what you earn and what you do to earn it? That would infuriate me. The one that would take everyting you have is the government. Opportunity is still there if you want it. No it is not a free lunch but it is available. I gave up taking vacations away from home, packing a lunch to work, shopping for the groceries that were only necessary once a week. Saving bottle return funds to build up a petty cash fund that had to be repaid if used. These things are some of the things that sustained me and still do. I have lost jobs and took any job offered to get back in the work force. I didn't wait for the opportune job. No one is going to hand you a pretty package labeled "Opportunity" you have to find it yourself.
  • walkera... Barbara... 2012/08/24 15:34:43
    walkerarchitects
    Your rant is as stupid as putting butter on a stone and taking a bite. Nobody can swallow it.

In the final analysis you are wrong. It is impossible to actually acquire wealth unless you start with money or you steal it. If your wealthy you did one or the other! The capital costs of a start-up are huge! It is not the government it is the wage suppression by employers and the banking industry. Innovation requires patents. Attorneys are $250 per hour and up, patent attorneys are in the up direction. Money is the imperative capacity for creating and building wealth! Your fantasy is hilarious!

The company will eventually cheat you because that is what they all do inevitably, that is whats wrong with it. Employees do not have any safety regarding the capacity to keep their jobs. They suck you dry and throw you out after they feel they have enough profit out of you. Most people work for years decades maybe, but eventually you get a lay off or something else, and regardless of how hard you work you can never get paid a decent wage or have sustainable dependable job you can't lose type of financial security when you retire. Working hard no longer means anything to anyone who runs a company. All employment is designed to do is make your employer wealthy and nobody cares what happens to you after you lose the job.

That's how it always is for employees. It will happen to you too.
  • Barbara... walkera... 2012/08/24 16:39:41
    Barbara Hasler
    You need to get help right away. You have slipped out of the realm of reality drinking the koolaide. I was awarded quite handsomely for my work with both salaries and benefits including profit share. You and ones like you refuse to recognize the financial risks taken by the owner or shareholders of a company. If the company does not make a profit then you don't have a job. If it makes a profit, it deserves to keep it and the owner or shareholder compensated. Surely you don't believe that all the profits should go to the workers! Without their risk you wouldn't have a job. Working hard means a quality product and therefore a raise. Unlike the government, companies in the private sector respond to the bottom line on the balance sheet.
  • walkera... Barbara... 2012/08/31 18:41:58
    walkerarchitects
    I am happy for you however...Your rant is as stupid as putting butter on a stone and taking a bite. Nobody can swallow it.
  • Barbara... walkera... 2012/08/31 23:13:16
    Barbara Hasler
    You are exhibiting your stupidity with every post. You better get back in line for your free lunch and quite trying to pretend you know something. Maybe if you sit on a curb long enough someone from the private sector might share a buck with you.
  • walkera... Barbara... 2012/09/07 18:07:42
    walkerarchitects
    +1
    I work for a living just like you. No free lunch here. Your problem is you believe that talk radio is the voice of truth. Read a news paper once in a while.
  • Barbara... walkera... 2012/09/08 04:09:01
    Barbara Hasler
    I read several newspapers and publications, Wall Street Journal, The Oregonian, Money, The Weekly Standard, etc. I don't listen to talk radio. I see our nation crumbling because of the current regime. I do not want socialism as it is an unsustainable form of government. When the public trough is emptied and there is no more money to fill it, we then become ripe for a dictator. Today, were we not so heavily regulated we could burst out of the government controlled situations in which we find ourselves and let our yankee ingenuity and determination lift the country out of the abyss of joblessness and debt we are currently in.
  • walkera... Barbara... 2012/12/16 23:16:48
    walkerarchitects
    Obviously the GOP candidate has some missing pieces. The problem as I see it is that the wealthy are the only ones allowed to make money or do anything. Having money for example is a prerequisite to protecting yourself in the court system, without it you are not allowed to have an attorney. The Right is responsible for these problems created by the downward forcing on the middle class and the upward mobility of those already wealthy... that is reality and statistically verifiable!
  • Barbara... walkera... 2012/12/17 00:25:36
    Barbara Hasler
    Anyone with the idea, dedication and the will to sacrifice can ,earn a great deal of money. Many have come from near poverty and made it. If you are a defeatest and don't try, then you cannot not make such sweeping assumptions. I have many successful friends and none of them got help from wealthy parents or relatives. The idea that a man or woman can create their dream and prosper and then owes others for not even trying is absurd. His or her prosperity gives jobs to others. That is capitalism.
  • Little Angel 2012/01/30 17:42:38
    Little Angel
    +2
    I am behind the Occupy Wall Street Protesters everywhere. At least
    they are trying to do something! It is sad that there are a few renegades
    among them that get all the attention & arrests. These are not te true
    Protesters but just trouble makers.
  • BackWoo... Little ... 2012/02/01 01:11:14 (edited)
    BackWoodsMike
    +2
    It is not “just a few” malcontents, “renegades” and trouble makers Little Angel, it's their brand.. it's who they (occupy) are.

Senator Marco Rubio was dead on when he said:
    “President Obama has a year left in the White House. So what are his plans now to make things better? What does he plan to do now, that he didn’t do before? Well we got our answer Tuesday night. He plans to divide us against each other. To pit Americans against other Americans in the hopes of generating enough votes to get re-elected.

He tells Americans worried about their jobs that the way to help them is to raise their bosses’ taxes.

He tells those who are hurting that the only way they can be better off, is for others to be worse off.

He tells all of us that the only way for some of us to climb up the economic ladder is for others to be pulled down.

This divisive rhetoric, this effort to gain political support by convincing some that they will be better off if we punish others, this stuff has never worked anywhere it’s been tried.
    People end up fleeing countries who adopt economic policies based on these flawed principles. And more often than not, they come here.

They come here because this is not who we are.

Americans have always believed that all of us can succeed.”

(the rest can be read here)
    http://news.inve...

(the rest can be read here)
    http://news.investors.com/Art...
    - - -

My own Grandparents came to the United States to make a better life for not just themselves, but their future generations. They did not come here for a hand out, or to vilify those who were successful. Their dream was that someday one of their future generations would be that successful.

What we are seeing now with “occupy” is the product of Obama's plan to divide our country, and to incite every lazy malcontent, anarchist and fringe group and drive them into a frenzy that they don't even know what they are demonstrating against. Then again, a majority of them are so high on drugs and booze, they don't care, as long as they think they can get away with causing a civil disturbance, and have the blessings of the president, liberal politicians and the liberal media.

They remind me too much of the filthy hippies of the Vietnam era who accused us of being baby killers, criminals, and who took delight in spitting on us, and throwing containers of human and animal waste at us when they saw us in Uniform, and like Obama's friend Bill Ayers and his group, set off bombs in Military recruiting Stations and Police Stations.

I have had the unfortunate experience of having to get near one of these rat infested cesspools these dope smoking malcontents call their home. It's enough to make you puke, and I have encountered human decomp with a more pleasing oder.

You must have pretty low self esteem to align yourself with these malcontents who disrupt honest people's lives, destroy the property of others (including public property paid for by the tax payer), enjoy living in squaller, burn our flag, and who cant tell the difference between a sidewalk and a toilet.

I thought you were better than that.
  • Little ... BackWoo... 2012/02/01 19:28:18
    Little Angel
    So many words to say so little that we haven't heard before. The real issue is that some are trying to do something even if it is only protesting. At least they have got everyone's attention and even had an impact on the Republican issues & caught Obama's attention too.
  • BackWoo... Little ... 2012/02/01 22:12:33
    BackWoodsMike
    +1
    The “protests” in Greece, and collapse of Greece's economy because of the same progressive agenda that Obama and the democrats have utilized, certainly got peoples attention.. So unless you pray that the United States ends up like Greece, you just may wish to pay attention to how we are heading in that direction, instead of a group of malcontents who have absolutely no goal except the one that the liberal media lies about. Are you hoping that the United States ends up like Greece?

I explained on this thread that I had the unfortunate assignment to observe the occupy malcontents in their natural (or should I say, “unnatural) filthy habitat. If you missed it, here is the link:

Might I ask how many of these “occupy protests” have you attended? May I also ask if you approved of the occupy malcontents breaking into public buildings, trashing them and burning the American flag?

PS: I'm not a republican, and haven't voted for a republican presidential nominee in well over 30 years (although no matter who the GOP nominee is this year, I along with hundreds of thousands of true Conservatives who normally don't vote republican, will vote republican just to get rid of the worst president in my lifetime, and I'm 66), so please be so kind to enlighten me on w...

PS: I'm not a republican, and haven't voted for a republican presidential nominee in well over 30 years (although no matter who the GOP nominee is this year, I along with hundreds of thousands of true Conservatives who normally don't vote republican, will vote republican just to get rid of the worst president in my lifetime, and I'm 66), so please be so kind to enlighten me on what you perceive the republican “issues”, or you have been lead to believe the republican issues are..

2014/10/30 14:40:34