Do you agree with the following statement as written?

Rusty Shackleford 2012/06/16 02:24:48
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

• Striker 2012/06/16 02:32:13
    I want to give a wishy-washy answer and try to sound intelligent at the same ...
    Striker
    +11
    Yes I agree with that statement, although whom or what it was "endowed by..." remains questionable. It seems that the Right to Life is the essence of our continuing existence.

And this is why I will resist forever the stupid marxist slant that "the greater good" is more important than you or I are.

• Picasso... Rusty S... 2012/06/16 14:45:25
    Picasso's Cat
    And you are an American drone that will believe anything your government tells you to believe and not question even the most blatantly untrue statements of your own constitution.
    So now I ask you, who is the bigger fool ?
    Because your the one who follows a fool blindedly !!!!!
    You need to get educated my friend, because you are clueless.
  • Rusty S... Picasso... 2012/06/16 18:46:04
    Rusty Shackleford
    Would you support a program where people like me were re-educated into the new way of thinking?
  • Picasso... Rusty S... 2012/06/17 01:52:29 (edited)
    Picasso's Cat
    Well I'm not sure of what you are talking about when you say people like you were re-educated into the new way of thinking, unless your native American.
    Which brings me to my next statement. Your Favorite Quotes, starting with:
    “Property is the fruit of labor.
    Abraham Lincoln knew all to well that we stole this land from its inhabitants that were already here, by killing them off by the thousands until they reluctantly surrendered under the threat of extinction.
    And then Abraham Lincoln used the lifestyle they lived by "“Property is the fruit of labor", but the native Americans were willing to share their land with all because they believed the land could not be owned, but should be enjoyed by all mankind to obtain those fruits.
    At which point do we become the legal owners of land?
    When YOU own it?
    When the government owns it?
    Because the Native Americans owned it at one time since before 1500BC, and they had it taken from them by us!.
    You say you are very opposed to the government taking property from one individual and giving it to another , and yet that's exactly what we did.

So you support that which you do not believe should be acceptable behaviour.

Your re-education into the new way of thinking is because you support that program that you most likely voted f...

“Property is the fruit of labor.
    When YOU own it?
    When the government owns it?

Your re-education into the new way of thinking is because you support that program that you most likely voted for by voting for democrat or republican candidates. If you did not support them, and others did not support them America would not be in the shape it is today.
    The only political party today that want's what you say you want is the Green Party, not any tea party that is going to follow the same old logic the democrats or republicans have that ran America into the toilet.
    So in answer to your question " do I support a program where people like you are re-educated into the new way of thinking?
    Nope!
    Never have, never will.
    But so far I am forced to go along with whatever the majority vote for.
    And if that is un-American than I have millions who are likeminded, so I'm in good company my friend.
  • Al B Th... Picasso... 2012/06/16 04:58:26
    Al B Thayer
    Creator = God
    no biggie
  • Picasso... Al B Th... 2012/06/17 01:57:01
    Picasso's Cat
    Which God would that be, the Muslim God?
  • Al B Th... Picasso... 2012/06/21 01:24:18
    Al B Thayer
    +1
    Ha Ha oh you made a funny. Not biting on that one.
  • susan Picasso... 2012/06/16 14:15:35 (edited)
    susan
    It doesn't say that you are to be given enough money for whatever your vision is in the pursuit of happiness. It merely says that you have the right to pursue happiness (and life and liberty to do so).
    Any and all Creators is implied, not one.
  • Picasso... susan 2012/06/16 14:57:10
    Picasso's Cat
    It states all are equil, and all are to be given the opportunity to pursue the pursuit of happiness, and we arn't due to economic conditions against many Americans.
    Any and all creators???????
    Well I have a consern about that one too, because all creators, all gods are not of the same ideological profile. Some creators, gods, want those who do not worship them eliminated from the human race. So how is that logic in any way unfold into the pursuit of happiness ???????
    And your answer is, it doesn't in any way, shape or form translate into any kind of happiness if your dead, now does it ????
  • Rusty S... Picasso... 2012/06/16 18:48:23
    Rusty Shackleford
    "It states all are equil, and all are to be given the opportunity to pursue the pursuit of happiness,..."

No, it doesn't.

If you think that someone is supposed to give you opportunity, can you tell me who that is?
  • Picasso... Rusty S... 2012/06/17 02:01:35
    Picasso's Cat
    That's not what I said, or the constitution states.
    What it does state is all are to heve the opportunity, now if they do not wish to have it and use it to further themselves, that is another question, but no one should take that right away from them being able to pursue it.
    Understand now?????
    No one is giving you anything, but to have the opportunity to pursue it is quite another avenue.
    can you grasp that concept????
  • richie 2012/06/16 03:40:48
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2012/06/16 03:30:40
    Yes, I agree with that statment as writtten.
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
  • Dagon 2012/06/16 03:28:12
  • Hopscotch 2012/06/16 03:25:12
    Hopscotch
    +1
    SURE DO. What's the ketch?
  • ☆Warthog - PWCM - JLA☆ 2012/06/16 03:23:43
    ☆Warthog - PWCM - JLA☆
    +3
    This must be wrong, a misprint. We have been told that America and our Founding Fathers were not Christian. But yet it mentions the "Creator". Does not say anything about evolution.
  • Rusty S... ☆Wartho... 2012/06/16 03:47:33
    Rusty Shackleford
    +1
    It is not a "Christian" statement, simply one that recognizes that our rights do not come from government but from God.
  • Al B Th... Rusty S... 2012/06/16 04:59:41
    Al B Thayer
    Well written history says otherwise.
  • Rusty S... Al B Th... 2012/06/16 05:02:59
    Rusty Shackleford
    Can you cite examples?
  • Al B Th... Rusty S... 2012/06/21 01:28:47
    Al B Thayer
    Every man responsible for writing the Constatution was a member of a Christian church. None were anything else.
  • Rusty S... Al B Th... 2012/06/21 05:58:27
    Rusty Shackleford
    That really doesn't matter, other than knowing the Constitution would only work for religious men, they specifically separated church and state.
  • Al B Th... Rusty S... 2012/06/21 22:15:24
    Al B Thayer
    No where to be found in the Consitution. SCS was in a letter to the Danbury Bapt Church of Conn. From Tommy Jeff. See they already had a state church and didn't want another trumping theirs. try reading the whole letter sometime and get the whole story.

At the time all the states except I think RI had established their own State church. That did change later though.
  • Guru_T_... Rusty S... 2012/06/16 12:04:22
    Guru_T_Firefly
    I don't know about you, but my rights come from the Constitution, not some imaginary deity.
  • ChrisK1969 Guru_T_... 2012/06/16 13:04:54
  • Guru_T_... ChrisK1969 2012/06/16 17:15:25 (edited)
    Guru_T_Firefly
    Which deity does it acknowledge? Zeus? Mithra?
  • Al B Th... Guru_T_... 2012/06/21 22:17:00
    Al B Thayer
    The "I Am" one.
  • Guru_T_... Al B Th... 2012/06/25 12:22:54
    Guru_T_Firefly
    So, all of man's man-made gods, right?
  • Al B Th... Guru_T_... 2012/06/26 00:46:17
    Al B Thayer
    Your funny.
  • Guru_T_... Al B Th... 2012/06/26 04:57:37
    Guru_T_Firefly
    I'm just being honest.
  • Al B Th... Guru_T_... 2012/06/26 12:45:31
    Al B Thayer
    Okay from your point of view, yes. The point of view that counts is the one the founding fathers held.

Lambert (2003) has examined the religious affiliations and beliefs of the Founders. Of the 55 delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention, 49 were Protestants, and three were Roman Catholics (C. Carroll, D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons). Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, 28 were Church of England (or Episcopalian, after the American Revolutionary War was won), eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists.
    A few prominent Founding Fathers were anti-clerical Christians, such as Thomas Jefferson[18][19][20] (who created the so-called "Jefferson Bible") and Benjamin Franklin.[21] A few others (most notably Thomas Paine) were deists, or at least held beliefs very similar to those of deists.[22]

Had you been there you could have put your two cents in.
  • Guru_T_... Al B Th... 2012/06/26 14:14:20
    Guru_T_Firefly
    From anyone's point of view. Lambert discovered exactly that which he hoped to discover. Trust his conclusions if you must, but I'll stick to what can be proven. The word "god" is never mentioned in the Constitution. Not even once. Had you been there, you might have convinced them to toss it in just to back your argument.
  • Al B Th... Guru_T_... 2012/06/27 01:37:57
    Al B Thayer
    I believe it was in a real flowery way and they changed it to Creator.

Funny how you guys just think by sayin it ain't so, changes history.
  • Guru_T_... Al B Th... 2012/06/27 21:08:09
    Guru_T_Firefly
    It's funny how you guys just think that you have the only valid interpretation of the history, the Constitution and the personal thoughts and intent of the founding fathers
  • Rusty S... Guru_T_... 2012/06/27 22:23:39
    Rusty Shackleford
    Your interpretations only take into account the Constitution itself, claiming that it is ambiguous. You always ignore the author's other writings where they go into extensive detail of their intentions.
  • Guru_T_... Rusty S... 2012/06/28 22:45:04
    Guru_T_Firefly
    You have no idea what my interpretation is, Musty. You've never bothered to ask.
  • Al B Th... Guru_T_... 2012/06/28 01:56:01
    Al B Thayer
    When the FF mentioned Creator, what did they mean for us to believe they were talking about. Oh do tell.
  • Guru_T_... Al B Th... 2012/06/28 22:46:06
    Guru_T_Firefly
    Aww, isn't that cute? You actually think that I care what you think. Go bother someone else, Jebus boy.
  • Al B Th... Guru_T_... 2012/06/30 00:49:36 (edited)
    Al B Thayer
    What's a mater? Can't answer the question?

Jebus boy? Im older than dirt.
  • Tennessean Guru_T_... 2012/06/16 21:18:48
    Tennessean
    +2
    The Constitution does not grant rights, it mearly restates rights we already held under common law, and restricts the government from interfering with them.
  • Guru_T_... Tennessean 2012/06/17 14:18:26
    Guru_T_Firefly
    I disagree.
  • Al B Th... Guru_T_... 2012/06/21 01:32:21
    Al B Thayer
    Well stand there and stomp your foot, jump up and down but the fact that we had these rights well before the Constitution was written kinda blows that idea.

2014/10/31 16:39:29