Do You Agree With Country Star Garth Brooks That We Should Leave President Barack Obama Alone?

Politics 2011/03/24 15:00:00
Though he’s been largely retired since 2000, Garth Brooks knows a thing or two about hard work and the country superstar thinks people should give President Obama a break because his job is one of the hardest ones there is.

According to the conservative CNSNews.com service, the Grammy-winning singer said he “fully” supports Obama and said the president's job must be “hell.” The comments came before Brooks performed at Monday night’s Points of Light Institute's ceremony honoring former President George H. W. Bush at the Kennedy Center.

"I think what President Obama is finding out is all that we want to do, the system kind of doesn't allow the most powerful guy in the world to kind of do his job and I'm sure nobody's more frustrated than him to complete those promises that he did and I think he's trying his heart out,” Brooks said when asked if Obama was living up to his expectations. “I love him to death and I fully support him and I just wish him well because it's got to be hell in that office.”

The website noted that Brooks’ supportive comments came as some former liberal star supporters such as Matt Damon and Barbra Streisand have expressed their disappointment in Obama’s presidency.

Do you agree with Garth’s comments on Obama?

• Imperio... Annette 2011/03/26 01:05:59
  • Annette Imperio... 2011/03/26 21:16:50
    Annette
    +1
    Impetuous, I don't think when the smoke clears on all of these issues that our 401k's are going to be anything we even give a second thought to. It will be our own survival and how to protect ourselves and our communities. There is so much wrong with the government I don't think we can even come close to fixing it; and we have a traitor in office who now has us in two "more" wars, this last one being one that is aiding and abetting our enemies by fighting along side them in a fight that has nothing to do with us, our freedom, or our nation.
    Yet all of this is being glossed over as somehow acceptable and normal. Do you seriously think that a president who has pledged to uphold the Constitution would have done any of the following:
    1. Back door deals to pass a national health program nobody wants, and one that is requiring waivers for special people, organizations, and states.
    2. Sent us into Afghanistan for, again, no good reason then spent 3 mo. before answering the requests to the Generals in charge and giving them only half what they asked for?
    3. Conferring with the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and called for Mubarak to step down allowing our enemies to take over that country?
    4. Gone into Libya with no protocol even remotely adhered to in terms of getting Congressional approv...

4. Gone into Libya with no protocol even remotely adhered to in terms of getting Congressional approval for the act, and then lying to say that there would be "no boots on the ground". Send in our Marines, and have them fighting along side al Qaeda?
    5. That he would set aside the national Day of Prayer and turn right around and call a Muslim Day of Prayer and actually participate in that?
    6. Refused to secure our southern borders and has actually taken this matter before the UN - and on top of that he is suing the State of Arizona! ?
    What kind of hypocrisy is that? And the list goes on! Can anyone say that this adds up to anything less than full-fledged, out-and-out traitorous actions? Seriously - what do you think?
    If left unchecked, I think we are simply waiting on a time bomb to go off and it will be to our peril.
  • Imperio... Annette 2011/03/26 21:19:13
  • Boo Lanikai 2011/03/25 19:35:22
    Boo
    That was before the economic collapse and the banks ripping everybody off! Never say never. It's just like the Beetles and Rolling Stones saying they would never sell their music for commercial purposes!! People who make that kind of money can run through it faster than you and I. I bet his real estate has been devalued as well. People say stupid things when they think they've made it.
  • didi 2011/03/25 17:55:14
    didi
    +3
    If you want to become a Communist country than you will agree him. The govt running our healthcare, banks, car companies, telling us what to eat, what lightbulbs to use, what cars to drive.
    I for one will forever be turned off by Garth and his wife now. This is a man who remember cheated on his first wife and she stayed with him after many affairs till finally she left him when she found out he was cheating with Trisha.. Yea he is a man who deserves no respect. Who the hell is he to tell us what he thinks. He has no moral character whatsoever.
  • William S. Mackey 2011/03/25 17:45:21
    William S. Mackey
    +6
    I am one that thinks the the President is doing a terrible job! He also is prejudiced against Whites, Christians, and he is definitely for the demise of Israel! How is this a good president?
  • Lanikai William... 2011/03/26 15:55:23
    bravo, I agree. Some liberal lawyer on the Stossel show night before last said that White males in America need and deserve no help of any sort and that it SHOULD be open season on them.

What a dickhead. He makes all of his money taking 40% for getting black farmers payouts for NOT farming more then a flower pot full of daisies.
  • William... Lanikai 2012/05/28 22:00:23
    William S. Mackey
    Watch the terminology. Other than that, I agree.
  • Lanikai William... 2012/05/29 18:48:11
    Ok.
  • Mike56 2011/03/25 17:43:18 (edited)
    Mike56
    +8
    I could leave him alone - after he is impeached or voted out.
  • Bouncer 2011/03/25 17:34:36
    Bouncer
    +5
    I wonder how much room he has left in the bubble he lives in!
  • Ozymandias 2011/03/25 17:28:29
  • Imperio... Ozymandias 2011/03/25 18:36:37
  • Ozymandias Imperio... 2011/03/27 05:06:34
  • Imperio... Ozymandias 2011/03/27 15:12:10
  • boneman1 Ozymandias 2011/03/25 19:59:10
    boneman1
    +1
    I don't know where you're getting your news, but the only thing Obama's done is to send our debt to levels never before seen and if he's not controlled it will only get worse.
  • Ozymandias boneman1 2011/03/27 05:05:48
  • boneman1 Ozymandias 2011/03/27 16:04:53
    boneman1
    The mountain of debt will eventually lead to the Great Depression.
  • Ozymandias boneman1 2011/03/27 23:13:14
  • boneman1 Ozymandias 2011/03/29 02:12:57
    boneman1
    Obama has spent and proposed more spending than all presidents in history combined. Your comment that you have to spend money to make money would make sense if it was a private business, but it's not. The federal government spending money only increases the debt. There is very little to show for the trillion plus dollars that Obama has added to the national debt since he took office.
  • Adam 2011/03/25 17:24:34
  • ThomasSnouffer 2011/03/25 17:15:45
    ThomasSnouffer
    +2
    Perhaps he is right about the job being "hell", but it is one people VERY voluntarily enter. Garth Brooks is--IMO--a damned fine singer. One who needs to remember that citizens who are not allowed to criticize their leaders live under a COMPLETELY different for of "government" than WE do in this country.
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2011/03/25 16:51:56
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +4
    He has a right to his ideas but what we do is our bussiness No one is going to TELL ME what to do and Obama is getting better treatment than BUSH got !!!! He should stick to his music now I can not buy his music because he a Obama Lemming and he wants to be asked on NBC ABC CBS promotion I guess he misses the lime light Obama is great on concerts maybe he wants a gig at the WH Obama has no better thing to do ??? Who needs jobs ! Or have a policy on Libya ! or how to stop the debt crisis! How about a budget for this year??? I guess he is too busy going to Rio with the family !!! We are willing to take the Hell away next election !!!!!!
  • morrisonist 2011/03/25 16:43:48
    morrisonist
    how about Darth Brooks? darth brooks darth brooks
  • Roy George 2011/03/25 16:41:22
    Roy George
    +2
    Who cares about the liberal liar, but leave Britney aloneI cares liberal liar leave britney alonei
  • lalouisiane 2011/03/25 16:38:59
    lalouisiane
    +12
    Obama campaigned for this job. Obama spent a lot of money (some of it American tax dollars) to get this job.

Obama said he wanted this job and he got it. Obama hired people to put out propaganda so he could be elected.

Obama has never even run a lemonade stand. Evidently, he thought being President would be very easy. Evidently, he thought he could do the job.

Reality hits hard sometimes. Time to grow up.

Obama is failing miserably and it's obvious to most in this country and just about every other country in the world.

Obama has refused to uphold the Constitution even after he swore an oath to do so. Did he think that was just talk? Did Obama not understand what it means to swear on oath?

Obama has been dreadfully slow to react to crisis and pitifully ill equipped to boost our failing economy, even after billions of stimulus dollars.

Everything Obama has said has turned out to be "a misjudged" statement. Much of what he has said we can now see were just plain old lies.

Obama says one thing and does another. Time after time after time.

It's clear that Obama is much happier with the trappings of being President and flying around the world having his champagne wishes and caviar dreams while he chooses the basketball teams he likes and then plays some golf, ...

It's clear that Obama is much happier with the trappings of being President and flying around the world having his champagne wishes and caviar dreams while he chooses the basketball teams he likes and then plays some golf, than in the actual work..... yes... work... of being the President of this country.

Obama is too immature and inexperienced for the job of President. We elected him anyway. Shame on us.

Now you want us to ignore his abject failure so we won't hurt his feelings?

Really? While people are dying on foreign soil and he starts an new illegal war in another Middle East country?

Don't say anything to him though... we wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.

Really? While Americans are homeless and children go hungry in this country... don't upset the President.. he didn't know the job would require him to work.

You know.. down here in Louisiana we did that. We elected a governor who didn't understand how government worked. Couldn't handle and crisis and indeed could not even complete a sentence in front of a microphone.

We ended up with a lot of people dead.

Elections have consequences. It's time to grow up.
  • Diane S... lalouis... 2011/03/25 16:57:02
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +6
    Amen keep preaching the Truth !!!! You are 100% right Thanks for spelling it out !!!!!
  • lalouis... Diane S... 2011/03/25 17:27:45
    lalouisiane
    +5
    You're welcome. I cannot believe this. What a baby Obama is!!!
  • Lanikai lalouis... 2011/03/25 17:30:49
    +6
    Bravo, Bingo, exactly that is a stellar and perfect response to this.

And NO, i will NEVER support Garth on cd sales or anything else, ever, and i liked him.
  • lalouis... Lanikai 2011/03/25 17:36:08
    lalouisiane
    +6
    Thanks Lanikai. I was never a big Garth Brooks fan but.. his brain must have jelled.

What I have never understood is why celibrities which I cannot spell and who do not live in the real world think they are qualified to tell us...... anything!!!!

What in the world would make any celibrity's idea any better than mine?
  • dublin9 lalouis... 2011/03/25 17:49:40 (edited)
    dublin9
    +8
    Well said. I remember in the early days of Katrina, George Bush called the Louisiana Governor and asked if they needed help. Under Federalism and until recently changed, the feds can do nothing until their help is requested by a Governor. The Governor of Louisiana's response was "I'll let you know."
  • lalouis... dublin9 2011/03/28 15:56:18
    lalouisiane
    +1
    Yes. Even when she finally decided to declare... weeks after Mississippi had declared... she told him to give her 24 more hours.

How many died in those 24 hours? I don't know but.. I hope they weigh heavy on her head at night. She has a LOT of blood on her hands.
  • Annette lalouis... 2011/03/25 18:06:12
    Annette
    +7
    Very well stated, lalo! AMEN!
  • lalouis... Annette 2011/03/28 15:58:47
    lalouisiane
    +1
    Thank you much my friend.
  • keeper lalouis... 2011/03/25 19:01:19
    keeper
    +3
    Excellent Reply, Lalo... you have captured all of his miserable foibles. Yet there are quite a few liberal nut jobs that still cling to the picture he painted while campaigning, rather than the one that has emerged! My Kudos to you!
  • lalouis... keeper 2011/03/28 15:59:03
    lalouisiane
    +1
    Thanks Keeper.
  • ThomasS... lalouis... 2011/03/26 12:34:25
    ThomasSnouffer
    +2
    "Obama has never even run a lemonade stand." LOVE it! A neat and terse summation of all of HIS problems and a good deal of OURS!
  • lalouis... ThomasS... 2011/03/28 15:59:25
    lalouisiane
    Thank you Sir. I'm glad you liked it.
  • TasselLady 2011/03/25 16:38:21
    TasselLady
    Yep. Everybody's beat on him so much that it's a wonder he doesn't look like a puddle of jelly. Enough already.
  • Lanikai TasselLady 2011/03/25 17:31:26
    +6
    Well, he ACTS like a puddle of jelly-spineless jellyfish maybe?

2014/11/01 01:12:19