Do Y'all Trust the Democratic Party to do right by America?

atomikmom 2012/09/10 01:30:09

The Hypocrisy of the Democrats
By (about the author)

Become a Fan Become a Fan -- Page 1 of 1 page(s)

opednews.com

"Acts
of courage and patriotism", were the words used not four years ago
by then candidate Obama describing whistle blowing. Today as the DNC
in Charlotte, North Carolina wraps up and Obama accepts his parties
nomination I can't help but think about the irony of those words.
I'm also extremely disappointed with not only Obama, but with many of
my fellow anti war advocates who have turned a blind eye to the
crimes of the Obama administration. Obama was an extremely good and
well spoken candidate in 2008. He said things people wanted to hear.
The problem is he far from delivered and actually did the opposite
of many of the things he said.

Back
in 2008 I was a high school senior who didn't care much about
politics. I do remem be r however that Obama did get me excited. I
listened to his speeches and his critique of the Bush
administration. I remem be r seeing the headlines in the paper and
hearing CNN talk of the economic crash and the exploding national
debt. I got excited that perhaps we could change things and that
this country, not fifty years after Dr. King's famous speech could
elect a black man to the highest office in the land. "Change"
and "Yes We Can" be came more then just slogans to me, they
actually meant something that perhaps we could move our country
forward. I remember watching his victory speech and feeling
inspired. Now in 2012 I know be tter. In this way I owe Obama a
thanks, I'll forever now be a social activist with the knowledge that
electing candidates will never be enough.

Since
Obama took office, in spite of his fiery rhetoric our country remains
a corporate controlled false democracy, a criminal entity in the
middle east, and a haven for the millionaire and billionaire
capitalist who exploit cheap labor here and over seas. The Obama
administration has allowed the Bush era Tax cuts to be extended for
the wealthiest Americans. He has upped the war in Afghanistan. He
has used drones far more then the previous administration. He has
failed to tackle "Too Big To Fail". He has allowed American's
first amendment rights, among others, to be trampled on. He has done
nothing about the problems with the Federal Reserve. The Healthcare
Act didn't go near far enough.

Bradly Manning and other whistle
blowers have had their rights suppressed. Now there are reports of
Obama leaking documentation about his "kill list" and his drone
warfare to make him look strong on national defense. When did the
Democrats be gin to brag about their warmongering and civil rights
suppression? Of course they still won't brag about it in their
speeches as nothing about the "Kill list" or the Drone Warfare
was mentioned at the DNC. They still know that their base is
strongly against the wars.

This
type of hypocrisy is not new for the Democrats. It was alive and
well during the Clinton administration. I didn't watch the Clinton
speech at the DNC, (I caught some of it on the Daily Show) be cause I
knew it would be the same hypocritical rhetoric we always hear from
the Democrats. I did however catch an ad from the Obama
administration with every-ones favorite Democrat, Bill Clinton in it.
Clinton says "The Republican Plan is to cut more taxes on upper
income people and go back to deregulation, that's what got us in
trouble in the first place." This ad took me back for a moment.
Did Bill Clinton really just appear in an ad condemning deregulation?
Back in 1999 Bill Clinton over saw the repeal of Glass-Steagall
which separated Commercial and Investment banking activities and the
repeal of which helped build up to the eventual crash of 2008. In
1994 Bill Clinton oversaw the passage of NAFTA (North American Free
Trade Agreement) which helped send an estimated millions of
manufacturing jobs overseas. Nothing has indicated that this type of
hypocrisy is going to stop either.

So
what exactly does all of this tell us? Should we not vote? Should
we vote third party? What can we do? Not voting is always an option
and I understand that option. It's not one I advocate be cause the
alternative to the Democrats can have some very serious negative
impacts on people's real lives. Voting for a third party can show
you are dissatisfied with the Democrats but it can also help elect
people who will be even worse. This of course only applies if you
live in a swing state. I think the biggest lesson that can be
derived from the hypocrisy and the actions of the supposed party for
the working class is that we can't rely on any type of establishment
to effect positive change for the underclass.

Every example of
progress made for oppressed people has be en done on the grass roots
level. The establishment and the state have always be en reactionary.
From the Labor movement, the woman's movement, the civil rights
movement, the LGBTQ movement, all of which are still a part of our
struggle today, all of them have be gun on the grassroots level. Not
once has the establishment and the state be gun a movement towards
social justice or equality, it be gins with the people. We have this
huge problem in our country today where people think voting every
four years be tween two candidates from the business party is
democracy. We have a huge amount of activists who campaign for one
of these candidates rather then participate in grassroots
organization to accomplish goals themselves. When will the left
learn this much needed lesson, I hope that with the amount of blatant
lies and hypocrisy of the Obama administration the left will learn
this lesson now. We certainly need them too!

Read More: http://www.opednews.com

• eric olsen 2012/11/02 16:41:22
    No We can't
    eric olsen
    we are kidding ourselves if obamacare is the answer
  • elvira 2012/09/16 03:27:08
    elvira
    Politicians can't be trusted no matter what Party they are in.
  • JET 2012/09/13 00:49:42
    No We can't
    JET
    +1
    They're not capable of rational thought.
  • Cat 2012/09/12 07:25:18
    No We can't
    Cat
    +2
    I trusted it in 1969 when I first joined.
    It has since morphed into the Atheist Socialist Party, and I'll be switching my registration this week,,probably to Libertarian.
  • adeenmc... Cat 2012/09/12 20:56:45
  • Cat adeenmc... 2012/09/14 00:22:51
    Cat
    +1
    We Democrats believed in the working man and the Main Street merchant and the family farmer. We believed in making it easy to hire somebody and easy to start up your own business. We believed in the need for unions to give the workers a fair hearing with big corporations, but not in government (not even FDR ) because the employer is we the people and there is no profit made by government to be shared. WE believed that government jobs were an honor and a privilege, not a guaranteed permanent gravy train. We believed in a balanced national budget. We believed in the Constitution especially the bill of rights. we believed in a strong national defense, but not in pushing other nations around. We were strongly anti-communist and anti- collectivist. But we believed in a social safety net to catch the few people who couldn't keep up. We had make-work programs to get the unemployed working for a paycheck. We invented Social Security so unemployable seniors and the permanently crippled would never have to be starving and homeless. We created and supported community colleges and vo-tech schools to prepare working class youth for the challenges of the higher tech future. JFK said "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country. He created NASA, the Peace C...

We Democrats believed in the working man and the Main Street merchant and the family farmer. We believed in making it easy to hire somebody and easy to start up your own business. We believed in the need for unions to give the workers a fair hearing with big corporations, but not in government (not even FDR ) because the employer is we the people and there is no profit made by government to be shared. WE believed that government jobs were an honor and a privilege, not a guaranteed permanent gravy train. We believed in a balanced national budget. We believed in the Constitution especially the bill of rights. we believed in a strong national defense, but not in pushing other nations around. We were strongly anti-communist and anti- collectivist. But we believed in a social safety net to catch the few people who couldn't keep up. We had make-work programs to get the unemployed working for a paycheck. We invented Social Security so unemployable seniors and the permanently crippled would never have to be starving and homeless. We created and supported community colleges and vo-tech schools to prepare working class youth for the challenges of the higher tech future. JFK said "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country. He created NASA, the Peace Corps and many other fine institutions to make America and the world better. Unfortunately he and Bobby got murdered and Teddy swam on the wrong end of the family gene pool.
    We were the party of the working man and woman, not the party of the lazy bum and the tenured academic. We believed in giving a man a hand up, not a hand out. and WE RECOGNIZED THAT OUR PRECIOUS RIGHTS CAME FROM OUR CREATOR, not from a government or from a king or a president. The president and the government work for us, not the other way around.
    The kind of welfare where millions of able bodied people get paid to do nothing started in the mid 1960s under LBJ, our first Socialist Democrat President and wasn't reformed until the 1990s When a Moderate Democrat, WJ Clinton, got a moderate Republican congress to work with. Actually welfare reform was the idea of speaker Gingrich, and Clinton had it tweaked a bit before he signed it. BH Obama has gotten it changed back to pretty much the same give-away system that LBJ put in place.
    Last week I watched the delegates at the DNC boo God. Today I changed my registration to Libertarian,with tears of sadness i9n my eyes.
  • adeenmc... Cat 2012/09/14 01:27:05
  • Cat adeenmc... 2012/09/14 01:40:17
    Cat
    +1
    Slightly but not by much. The ones who grew up poor or middle class mostly get it, but the ones born with silver spoons seldom do. I think Romney gets it because of his experiences as as LDS minister.
  • adeenmc... Cat 2012/09/14 01:42:08
  • Cat adeenmc... 2012/09/14 01:56:53
    Cat
    +1
    But he studied for the LDS ministry and was a missionary for two years and a parish pastor for about fife years. He ran charities for the poor and he ministered to children dying of cancer, When his rich dad died, he gave it all to charity. He Dad paid for his education, but he earned mhis way in the business world. Remember he was a popular governor a Mass a blue state, and the Tea Party doesn't like him because he isn't conservative enough for them. I researched him pretty well and I watched both parties conventions on TV. I like to know who I'm voting for.
  • adeenmc... Cat 2012/09/14 02:14:08
  • Cat adeenmc... 2012/09/14 02:44:04
    Cat
    +1
    You're on my friends list now so I hope to communicate again in the future. Have a good night.
  • adeenmc... Cat 2012/09/14 13:00:54
  • Rachel Limburg 2012/09/12 03:39:40
    No We can't
    Rachel Limburg
    +2
    PEOPLE WAKE UP ITS ALL A LIE AMERICA SHOULD COME FIRST I DON'T TRUST NONE OF EM AT ALL EVEN THE THIRD PARTY I DON'T TRUST EITHER!!!!! let this be a lesson to you
  • adeenmc... Rachel ... 2012/09/12 20:53:47
  • red 2012/09/11 01:26:23
    No We can't
    red
    +1
    I used to vote Democrate, then I got an education...In West Virginia they just closed SIX more coal mines. They have bill boards stating "This is an OBAMA NO WORK ZONE", and in Ohio I heard a rummor that the Obama administration would NOT allow GOD to be written on some placks of OUR fallen hero's or the Pledge of Allegiance.
    when I read this, I thought maybe I wrote this and then forgot about it. My words almost exactly...GOOD JOB
  • adeenmc... red 2012/09/12 20:26:59
  • red adeenmc... 2012/09/12 20:48:22
    red
    I vote for who ever I think is best for OUR country. Even if I don't agree on all the issues, I have to balance who I think would be right for U.S...
    Date: August 21, 2012 11:22:04 AM PDT
    Subject: NO BIBLES ALLOWED -
    KING OBAMA EDICT (Unbelievable)~
    Who in America, or their right mind, would vote for Obama after they read this?
    Obama must really want to be a one term president! The soldiers who wake up in Walter Reed Medical Center are in Maryland, not communist China. But, under the Navy's new rules, they may not know the difference!
    After months of peeling away the military's core values, Obama's army is on the move. And this time, it has a high-value target: the Bible.
    In a memo obtained by FRC, Navy officials have announced that "no religious items (including Bibles, reading material, and/or artifacts) are allowed to be given away or used during a visit." The new orders are buried in a four-page document about patient care, which an Army officer forwarded to us in disbelief!
    Effective immediately, families, friends, and even pastors will have to check their beliefs at the door to visit one of the largest military hospitals in the United States Last night, after we circulated the memo to leaders on the Hill, an outraged Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) took to the House flo...

Date: August 21, 2012 11:22:04 AM PDT
    Subject: NO BIBLES ALLOWED -
    KING OBAMA EDICT (Unbelievable)~
    Effective immediately, families, friends, and even pastors will have to check their beliefs at the door to visit one of the largest military hospitals in the United States Last night, after we circulated the memo to leaders on the Hill, an outraged Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) took to the House floor and blasted the policy!
    "Mr. Speaker, these military men and women who are recovering at Walter Reed and Bethesda have given their all for America! They've defended and taken an oath to the Constitution, and here they are. The people who come to visit them can't bring a religious artifact? They can't bring a Bible? ... A priest can't walk in with the Eucharist and offer communion to a patient who might be on their deathbed because it's prohibited in this memo from the Department of the Navy?"
    This is Obama's military, where homosexuality is celebrated and Christianity is censored; where witches are financed and crosses are scorned; where bestiality is embracedand Bibles are banned; where same-sex "weddings" are encouraged but international charity is not! After three years of ideological warfare, the Obama administration's intent is clear: to disarm the military of its biggest weapon…..FAITH!
    Regardless of Obama's agenda, there is absolutely nothing in the Constitution that empowers the government to stop family members from giving Bibles or crosses to their loved ones! And from a PR standpoint, I'm not sure the best way to boost approval ratings is by denying comfort to wounded warriors! Unfortunately for our troops, who have endured so much turmoil under the Obama administration, this is another blow!
    Hopefully, with the help of Congressman King and others, it's only a temporary one.
    Even liberal Snopes says it’s true: http://www.snopes.com/politic...
    PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!
  • Frank 2012/09/11 00:43:28
    No We can't
    Frank
    +1
    No, evidenced by the liberal television networks brainwashing tactics.....
  • lynn 2012/09/10 23:23:45
    No We can't
    lynn
    +1
    I don't think the people can trust either of the two major parties any longer, especially the working class who keep this system going. As I've said before, each party has become so extreme on certain issues, and has nurtured such hatred toward the other party, that the vast majority of Americans are trapped between the radical agendas of the two. All we can do is vote for the lesser of the two evils (which is often a terribly hard choice to make), try to maintain a balance of power so one doesn't have the complete upper hand, and hang on in the hopes that a third party will rise from the ashes of corruption and at long last provide a road back to sanity and common sense via the ballot box.
  • Tennessee3501 2012/09/10 21:33:47
    No We can't
    Tennessee3501
    +2
    We need a Republican President, a Republican House and a Republican Senate!
  • Larry 2012/09/10 20:06:09
    No We can't
    Larry
    +1
    Hell no they haven't done it yet
  • firelooker 2012/09/10 19:50:04
    firelooker
    Just like I belive in the truth fairy!
  • daniel wayne 2012/09/10 19:25:55
    No We can't
    daniel wayne
    +1
    this could all be solved by having term limits. if politicians didnt all believe that telling the truth would cost them their jobs, a few of them would occasionally tell the truth. as it is, they lie like their lives depend on it. no i dont trust anyone dumb enough to vote with or for obama. he cant even grasp that ALL government money comes from taxes from you and me and other working folks.
  • mikeeonly 2012/09/10 19:03:55
    mikeeonly
    I trust the party, not the head of it
  • Rachel ... mikeeonly 2012/09/12 03:33:34
  • Okie Lady 2012/09/10 17:07:29
    No We can't
    Okie Lady
    +1
    It doesn't take me longer than nearly 4 years to get the picture! Of course, we can't!
  • RJeffreySavlov 2012/09/10 14:59:05
    No We can't
    RJeffreySavlov
    +1
    They just don't seem to understand that you have to have money not borrow it to spend before you can spend it. The Republicans of the past didn't seem to be much better.
  • nbarton2 2012/09/10 14:18:55 (edited)
    nbarton2
    These Democrats are not the party of yesteryear and neither are the Republicans yet I believe the Republicans are getting back to their roots, while the Democrats are slipping further and further away.
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2012/09/10 13:32:39
  • ☆FritzW☆ 2012/09/10 12:39:39
    No We can't
    ☆FritzW☆
    +4
    The Democratic Party was waylaid sometime in the late '60s never looked back! Since I was able to vote there wasn't a Democratic candidate that I saw eye to eye with and the party just keeps losing more and more of it's original values. Robert Kennedy was the last candidate that I would've voted for (but was a bit too young at the time and, alas, we know what happened to him as well).
  • adeenmckenziekennedy 2012/09/10 12:12:13
  • Rachel ... adeenmc... 2012/09/12 03:42:32
    Rachel Limburg
    +1
    yeah i argee i don't trust none of em at all to do right by america
  • adeenmc... Rachel ... 2012/09/12 20:25:03
  • SJG 2012/09/10 11:32:40
    Yes We can
    SJG
    Of course!
  • JustTheFacts 2012/09/10 11:15:01
    No We can't
    JustTheFacts
    +2
    We can't trust anybody who only lies 100% of the time. obama, Pelosi and Reid are certified liars.
  • Htcbm1 2012/09/10 10:23:11
    No We can't
    Htcbm1
    +3
    The last time was JFK!...
    But more so than the Republicans.
  • jp 2012/09/10 10:11:15
    No We can't
    jp
    +2
    And the example would be right in front of our eyes.
  • Soundstorm 2012/09/10 07:36:12
    No We can't
    Soundstorm
    +2
    Doing right by America isn't on the Democratic party's platform. The proposal was roundly booed by over 75% of the delegates.

2014/10/22 03:16:10