Do women belong on the Battlefield in Combat?

Drue-AFCL 2013/01/27 01:01:52
Related Topics: Combat

• Doc. J 2013/01/27 03:13:05
    Doc. J
    +12
    Women have proven themselves on the battle field time and time again in a number of roles INCLUDING as a trigger puller.

It was a FEMALE officer flying an Apache gunship that killed the man that shot me.

In WW2 6 in 10 of the top scored snipers in the Red Army, were women.

The "Night Witches" flew antiquated aircraft to bomb the Germans on the Eastern Front as well....without any navigation equipment beyond a compas dial and a map.
    And they did it at night.

Israel...is ALSO fighting muslims....but you don't see them getting their fruit of the looms twisted over women in a fighting role.

My last Comand Sergeant Major in Europe was a former Drill Sergeant, hand to hand combat instructor AND a combat veteran WITH a bronze star with "V" device for bravery IN BATTLE.
    I triple dog dare any of you to go tell HER she's not fit to serve in battle because she has a vagina......I'll be waiting outside the building so I can treat your injuries after she throws you out her window.

MY female squad member, the smallest Soldier in my squad, parker herself behind an M240B machinegun...and proceded to OUTSHOOT an entire artillery battery's worth of MEN. Try telling her that she's not supposed to fight......But DON'T be within 500 meters of her when you say it.

We have not been sending wo...

And they did it at night.

We have not been sending women INTO combat.
    Combat has found our women. The battle does not stop because of the gender of some of the people there. And women have SHOWN they are just as capable of doing the job as I or any other man is, and they did so IN BATTLE.

Let them fight by their own choice, instead of waiting for the fight to find them.
    I serve PROUDLY with women, and have no problem with my "sister"s acting as trigger pullers...as long as they hit what they aim at.
    (And women naturally have better fine hand/eye coordination....see the Soviet snipers above)......And that's just training.

• Kenzo 2013/05/01 21:43:13
    Kenzo
    Why shouldn't they belong? Some women can doing the same things men can. We are the same body just with different parts and muscular strength. Although men are 10-15% larger and are 30% physically stronger, women have have a higher percentage of body fat than men means we can supply fuel to our muscles longer than men. Women can be just as strong as a man if they wanted to.
  • Flowers 2013/01/31 13:40:10
    Flowers
    Doc-J said it best. Women are VERY capable of brave actions, and deserve to be treated as important members of society and our military.
    No they belong in the kitchen.
  • Kenzo Andrew 2013/05/01 21:34:29
    Kenzo
    +1
    You belong in the kitchen
  • Andrew Kenzo 2013/05/03 00:36:43
    Yeah and this is where you belong. landfill
  • totalitarian 2013/01/30 03:31:44
    totalitarian
    I think women have the freedom to do as they wish. If they want to fight for our country, I say let them. But preferably I think no. Its dangerous.
  • lucky 2013/01/29 19:19:17
    lucky
    Front lines and infantry... Not unless they have their own units.
  • Jensenmk 2013/01/28 17:51:53
    Jensenmk
    +1
    Are there jobs in the military that women do very well at, yes. Should they be allowed in jobs whose sole purpose is the close with and destroy the enemy, by hand to hand if necessary. no.

I hold this opinion for a miriad of non-PC reasons that I have refined in the last 25 years of service.
  • kcoat 2013/01/28 16:45:36
  • Dickens 2013/01/28 01:57:38 (edited)
    Dickens
    +1
    ..if they want to fight and die for Halliburton and Exxon, that should be their prerogative...(but let's not pretend it's for freedom and democracy..)..oh, and also remember, the N.Vietnamese allowed women in combat, and they wrested their country back from most savage, destructive military on earth...
  • suzzy 2013/01/28 00:21:05
    suzzy
    +1
    they belong to the kitchen
    woman in beautiful kitchen
  • Kenzo suzzy 2013/05/01 21:35:44
    Kenzo
    +3
    You belong in the kitchen while im deployed being a badass.
  • suzzy Kenzo 2013/05/01 23:42:40
    suzzy
    you went back to January 27 !!!
    you must have strong memory

if you are employed being badass. means
    either you do not know to cook
    or
    you only eat processed food ...open heat and eat ..
    or
    eating from men cooking for you ?

the role of women is in the kitchen and in bed producing babies for future generation .. if you missed in the battlefield , no many babies will be produced ..
    greeting ....
  • Icanbean Arschloch 2013/01/27 23:56:57
    Icanbean  Arschloch
    +1
    As much as pregnant pole-vaulters belong at a track meet
  • Olde' Smoke 2013/01/27 23:22:59
    Olde' Smoke
    +1
    It's there own choice. Women dressed up like men during the civil war so they could fight next to there husbands. More then 500 died
  • Mopheadmusic2000 2013/01/27 23:19:21
    Mopheadmusic2000
    +2
    I think it introduces too many things that are unnecessarily introduced. But aside from my objections, WHAT will be the requirements for these women? Will they have 3/4 the requirements of the men who would be appointed those posts? If it is a matter of rank and moving upward being stalled by lack of combat for the women, then THAT can be addressed. But women, in general, cannot be expected to physically do what men do. That's not sexist. It is physiological.
  • FlyGalsMom Mophead... 2013/01/28 04:11:42
    FlyGalsMom
    +1
    The same with Fire Dept, Cops and other careers where they lower physical and /or test standards~
    Hand to hand combat and using a weapon, tank, plane, from afar are completely different ballgames~ many women can do it and many are physically inept~ When my house catches on fire I want someone physically capable of carrying me down a ladder from the fifth story building~
  • mikeyavelli 2013/01/27 23:02:04
    mikeyavelli
    +1
    if they want to be why not? they can shoot and fight the modern fight as well as any man.
  • Patriot Unit 2013/01/27 22:46:43
    Patriot Unit
    +3
    I don't think its right they they be in combat in the field other than to help repell an overrun. Otherwise, I am sure the they will become a burden, and that the requirement will be dumbed down, to allow them to enter groups such as the SEALs, Rangers, Green Baret, LERPS and so on. I am not saying that they can not hold their own, but at some time, their body strength will fail them and their fellow solders.
  • Olde' S... Patriot... 2013/01/27 23:24:36
    Olde' Smoke
    I agree with you if the requirements are easier for them
  • FlyGalsMom Patriot... 2013/01/28 08:27:32
    FlyGalsMom
    +1
    I agree~ the standards should not be lowered to accommodate women~many can hold their own ~as you said~ but they must pass the tests~ the politically correct ones just puts everyone in danger~
  • pjobrien 2013/01/27 21:30:40
    pjobrien
    +3
    Women were not created for that purpose. The price for this decision will be high. History will prove this to be an error.
  • GettingBarried 2013/01/27 17:35:44
    GettingBarried
  • FlyGalsMom Getting... 2013/01/28 08:30:58
    FlyGalsMom
    That was funny~ Thanks GB~~
  • MrsJJS 2013/01/27 17:35:41
    MrsJJS
    +2
    Yes but only if they can meet the exact physical and endurance requirements that men have to meet. But I feel that way about any profession that requires a certain standard of endurance and physical strength. Those standards are set for a reason, so I don’t understand why all of a sudden it’s ok if you don’t meet those standards if you are a woman.

Men and women’s bodies are designed differently and out brains are wired differently to ensure the survival of our species. I’m not saying one sex is better than the other…both sexes make up one half of a whole. And all the legislation in the world can’t change the laws of nature.
  • santa6642 2013/01/27 17:25:55
    santa6642
    +1
    Leading the front lines out in front, of everyone.
  • sonofason 2013/01/27 16:54:37
  • hasher 2013/01/27 16:13:12
    hasher
    +3
    the question we need to ask ourselves is this?? will the military be as efficient in combat and get the job done with women who are less physcially able to perform their tasks? i think not. in fact i think there will be more in harms way out there. there are many things that women simply cannot do that men can. let them pass the physical training that is required for combat duty. that will weed out quite afew of them right away.
  • ElynnKy 2013/01/27 16:05:15
    ElynnKy
    +1
    No, and neither do men. I don't think of the battlefield as a place where anyone belongs. It should be something everyone tries to avoid at all costs. But women do have a right to fight for their own country the same as men do. The only people who shouldn't be allowed to battle are the ones who don't have any reason to fight. Don't you think women have just as much reason to fight as men if they love their country?
  • FlyGalsMom ElynnKy 2013/01/28 08:38:17
    FlyGalsMom
    While women's motives may be patriotic~ it does NOT mean they are physically capable~ Yes if they are in a tank ~or a plane~ or have an assault weapon~granade etc~ but if they have to go HAND TO HAND ~ well not very many can do it ~albeit some can~ but not many~AND if they LOWER the standards~ we will have MANY that cannot fill the bill~~
  • gary 2013/01/27 16:02:07
  • BILL 2013/01/27 15:26:25
  • Kenzo BILL 2013/05/01 21:45:31
    Kenzo
    +3
    It doesnt even work that way.
  • rknothead 2013/01/27 14:57:02
    rknothead
    +1
    Only if they can keep up with the men in all aspects of a combat situation. That means most won't make it and they can't be allowed to pull the equal rights crap when it comes to combat and being able to cover and save the life of your buds
  • Burning Bright Embers 2013/01/27 14:53:56
    Burning Bright Embers
    +1
    Only if they want to be there.
  • ElynnKy Burning... 2013/01/27 16:07:09
    ElynnKy
    Men in the military don't get to choose where they are sent, and women in the military also should not have that choice. Someone who doesn't want to fight should avoid the military.
  • hasher ElynnKy 2013/01/27 16:16:01
    hasher
    but they do have a choice at what job they want to do after basic training military go into various speciality training toget the job of their choice.
  • Burning... ElynnKy 2013/01/27 16:35:26
    Burning Bright Embers
    I agree
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2013/01/27 14:46:47
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +3
    They aren't men and their bodies do not take as long to feel the stress. It will harm them. Then there are the psychological and interpersonal issues it will cause.
  • Kenzo Kat ♪ ~... 2013/05/01 21:44:11
    Kenzo
    +2
    Women have a higher percentage of body fat than men means we can supply fuel to our muscles longer than men.

2014/08/20 15:44:26