DO WE HAVE ANY ONE WHO REMEMBERS THIS WAKE JOB Charles Manson?

BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/06/28 21:05:01
YES, I SURE DO
NOPE, DON'T HAVE A CLUE

Charles Milles Manson (born November 12, 1934) is an American criminal who led what became known as the Manson Family, a quasi-commune that arose in California in the late 1960s.[1][2]:163–4, 313[3] He was found guilty of conspiracy to commit the murders of Sharon Tate and Leno and Rosemary LaBianca carried out by members of the group at his instruction. He was convicted of the murders through the joint-responsibility rule, which makes each member of a conspiracy guilty of crimes his fellow conspirators commit in furtherance of the conspiracy's objective.[4][5]

Manson believed in what he called "Helter Skelter," a term he took from the song of the same name by The Beatles. Manson believed Helter Skelter to be an impending apocalyptic race war, which he described in his own version of the lyrics to the Beatles' song. He believed his murders would help precipitate that war. From the beginning of his notoriety, a pop culture arose around him in which he ultimately became an emblem of insanity, violence and the macabre. The term was later used by Manson prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi as the title of a book he wrote about the Manson murders.

At the time the Family began to form, Manson was an unemployed ex-convict, who had spent half of his life in correctional institutions for a variety of offenses. Before the murders, he was a singer-songwriter on the fringe of the Los Angeles music industry, chiefly through a chance association with Dennis Wilson, founding member and drummer of The Beach Boys. After Manson was charged with the crimes he was later convicted of, recordings of songs written and performed by him were released commercially. Various musicians, including Guns N' Roses, White Zombie and Marilyn Manson, have covered some of his songs.

Manson's death sentence was automatically commuted to life imprisonment when a 1972 decision by the Supreme Court of California temporarily eliminated the state's death penalty.[6]California's eventual reinstatement of capital punishment did not affect Manson, who is currently incarcerated at Corcoran State Prison.

• Christopher Kirchen 2013/02/07 22:16:06
    YES, I SURE DO
    Christopher Kirchen
    He's still on Death Row as far as I know. Confirmation/denials?
  • dlsofsetx 2013/01/26 16:45:06
    YES, I SURE DO
    dlsofsetx
    What a shame he still lives.
  • beach bum 2012/06/30 14:41:48
    YES, I SURE DO
    beach bum
    a real sicko
  • Rachel Thomas 2012/06/30 13:46:50
    YES, I SURE DO
    Rachel Thomas
    I don't remember him when he had Sharon Tate murdered but I know who he is.He's a bastard.
  • carlton999 2012/06/30 03:10:25
    YES, I SURE DO
    carlton999
    who doesn't.
  • Gooky 2012/06/30 02:58:03
    YES, I SURE DO
    Gooky
    +1
    Evil bastard...
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/06/29 20:41:47
    YES, I SURE DO
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +2
    I would rather remember better things.
  • BIG BAD... ☆stillt... 2012/06/29 20:43:08
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +2
    you and me both.
  • Ms. Texas 2012/06/29 20:06:08
    YES, I SURE DO
    Ms. Texas
    +1
    You mean whack job? Yes, I remember him. Read the book. Glad none of his murderous followers will ever be granted parole. Although he was never convicted of murder he ordered the murders and therefore deserves the same sentence as the killers.
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/06/29 18:14:48
    YES, I SURE DO
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    as a kid I followed the case...i devoured the book Helter Skelter in one night and it scared the heck out of me
  • Stan Kapusta 2012/06/29 18:13:03
    YES, I SURE DO
    Stan Kapusta
    +1
    A little before my time but well informed about him. Where he is at is better for both. He can no longer function in todays society as nobody but the talkshow freaks want him. Let sleeping dogs lie on this one.
  • bunny.elgato 2012/06/29 17:54:25
    YES, I SURE DO
    bunny.elgato
    +1
    One of my final papers for University were on him and his "family". I even wrote a paper about him in Jr. High and it freaked the class out that I was so detailed about things they did. The silly little hillbillies who now work at Walmart and eat at McDonalds are getting fatter by the years while I continue on with my doctorate.
  • Ms. Texas bunny.e... 2012/06/29 20:10:07
    Ms. Texas
    +3
    Arrogant much?
  • bunny.e... Ms. Texas 2012/06/30 03:57:07
    bunny.elgato
    As much as I want. ;p
  • JonDeniro 2012/06/29 17:34:17
    YES, I SURE DO
    JonDeniro
    +1
    It has always struck me as ironic that America's most famous "killer" has never killed anyone as far as we know.
  • dispatcher 2012/06/29 17:00:38
    YES, I SURE DO
    dispatcher
    +1
    Sure do, it's amazing how much money has been spent keeping him alive. For all he has done & continues to do, why not just throw the switch. A useless being and a waste of O2.
  • Marvelous Wildfire 2012/06/29 16:49:41
    YES, I SURE DO
    Marvelous Wildfire
    +1
    And Richard Speck as well.

Remember Manson the next time someone says: "Word don't kill!"
  • Ron in ... Marvelo... 2012/07/01 19:57:50
    Ron in Oregon
    +1
    Richard Speck was a mass murderer who systematically tortured, raped and murdered eight student nurses from South Chicago Community Hospital in Chicago, Illinois on July 14, 1966. On April 15, 1967, after 49 minutes of deliberation, the jury found Speck guilty. He died in prison of a heart attack in 1991. In May 1996, Chicago television news anchor Bill Kurtis received video tapes from an anonymous attorney that had been made at Stateville Prison in 1988. Showing them publicly for the first time before a shocked and deeply angry Illinois state legislature, Kurtis pointed out the explicit scenes of sex, drug use, and money being passed around by prisoners, who seemingly had no fear of being caught; in the center of it all was Speck, performing oral sex on another inmate, sharing a huge pile of cocaine with an inmate, parading in silk panties, sporting female-like breasts (allegedly grown using smuggled hormone treatments), and boasting, “If they only knew how much fun I was having, they’d turn me loose.” The Illinois legislature packed the auditorium to view the two-hour video, but stopped the screening when the film showed Speck performing oral sex on another man. From behind the camera, a prisoner asked Speck why he killed the nurses. Speck shrugged and jokingly said “It just wasn’t their night.” Asked how he felt about himself in the years since, he said “Like I always felt … had no feeling. If you’re asking me if I felt sorry, no.”
  • Average Joe 2012/06/29 15:53:34
    YES, I SURE DO
    Average Joe
    +1
    Very familiar with the nuances of the case and certain fringe players from the Spahn Ranch back in the day. I also know Vince Bugliosi. I've maintained for years Manson is a political prisoner. Many murderers, rapists and others who actually commit the deed themselves are sentenced to jail time, serve it and are released. Manson's hand never killed anyone yet he remains incarcerated far longer than those who actually commit dastardly deeds. His incarceration is a classic example of a broken, corrupt judicial system. By comparison to other incarceration sentences, the man served his sentence ... and then some.
  • SoCalEx-Dem 2012/06/29 15:41:39
    YES, I SURE DO
    SoCalEx-Dem
    +1
    Absolutely, I was in the jail at the time the girls were arrested and was in the cell block with two of them. Sick and twisted for real, brains burnt out from acid. They devised a way to bring acid into the jail by soaking the cards before writing on them. The whole group was sick and twisted.
  • bags the Indigenous Guru 2012/06/29 15:03:57
    YES, I SURE DO
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +1
    I knew Linda Kasabian. She was a local before she went to California. She came back afterwards, after all the killings and trials. People around here were pretty protective of her. Oh, ye......I remember Charlie.
  • MandaLynne 2012/06/29 14:29:42 (edited)
  • Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/29 14:12:27
    YES, I SURE DO
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Manson had quite a following at one time. He could've made it as a career California politician.
  • Kat 2012/06/29 11:56:18
    YES, I SURE DO
    Kat
    +1
    It was terrible. He is a wack job for sure!
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/06/29 11:23:43
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/06/29 10:57:35
    YES, I SURE DO
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +1
    Unfortunately I do remember him.
  • Apache 2012/06/29 09:06:23 (edited)
    YES, I SURE DO
    Apache
    +2
    It's a sad indictment on society when the callous, pathetic losers like Manson gain so much notoriety & the heros of our time rapidly become yesterdays news. Murderers are not what people expect, often they are insignificant, social misfits.

Manson is now an old derelict, I really don't want to see him romanticized anymore.
  • bags th... Apache 2012/06/29 15:06:54
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +2
    Very well said. He is an object lesson on a number of levels. A brilliant mind, horrendously twisted. No regrets, no redemption.
    object lesson number levels brilliant mind horrendously twisted regrets redemption
  • Apache bags th... 2012/06/30 05:17:09
    Apache
    +2
    A picture really is with a thousand words!
  • Wolfman 2012/06/29 08:19:27
    YES, I SURE DO
    Wolfman
    +2
    Yes. They should have executed him.

charles manson
  • Apache Wolfman 2012/06/30 05:20:01
    Apache
    +3
    That would have caused many to view him as a martyr. I understand & agree with the why but at least now he is seen as the crazy old whack job he always was & not glorified.
  • Wolfman Apache 2012/06/30 05:25:00
    Wolfman
    I disagree. His crazies were still worshiping him while he was imprisoned. If he was dead that would put an end to it.
  • Apache Wolfman 2012/06/30 07:36:34 (edited)
    Apache
    +2
    And one of the 'crazies' would have self appointed himself/herself the messenger to spread Manson's teachings. I've seen the same scenario played out in many different contexts. I'm not opposed to the death penalty, but I have seen it magnify & reinforce the power & subsequent number of followers...to them he would always be young, charismatic & telling them what to do from the grave. Don't look for logic in this scenario.
  • Wolfman Apache 2012/06/30 07:42:22
    Wolfman
    I prefer him dead.
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2012/06/29 08:16:15
    YES, I SURE DO
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +5
    I remember all of it. He's still scum and still commits bad deed on the outside with all his insane followers. His fan base is quiet large.
  • Don Leuty 2012/06/29 07:51:12
    YES, I SURE DO
    Don Leuty
    +2
    Bad News.
  • BoJay 2012/06/29 07:46:30
    YES, I SURE DO
    BoJay
    YES, I SURE DO
    +5
    HE should have met old sparky decades ago ..
    that's one sick, twisted MONSTER ..
    (yet he still lingers on .. and has gone up to the parole board time after time after time .. )
  • sglmom sglmom 2012/06/29 07:28:58
    +3
    I think what folks forget ..
    what he did PRIOR to 'helter-skelter' ..
    he was .. familiar .. with some sick, twisted torture of others ..
    manipulation ..
  • cm 2012/06/29 02:40:33
    YES, I SURE DO
    cm
    +2
    I was in Independence,CA when Manson was arrested.

2014/04/20 08:26:24