Do We Have A Right To Know What Our Government Is Really Doing?

merlinskiss 2010/07/26 14:02:36
Our government classifies material to keep it out of public scrutiny. Much of the material including what was released in Wikieaks just doesn't surprise me but instead confirms what I already suspected. For example, the hit squad, surface to air missiles in the hands of the enemy, etc.

Much of the classified material probably does not need to be. If it was transparent it might be beneficial because it would shed light on what our government is doing behind the back of the public, IE. Iran Contra and Watergate.

Our government always says and hides behind the statements "it damages national security," or, it endangers American lives." Neither of which is very likely. All it does is catch the government in it's own lies and false truth's they don't want the public to know about. Listening to the founder of Wikileaks explain the material, this just doesn't seem to be the case that it hurts anything. The only thing it shows is the accumulation of a whole bunch of little things that add up to to a lot such as the real number of people killed and Pakistan's involvement. And, the Hit Squat tracking down Taliban leaders seems to make absolutely perfect sense. Cut off the head and the body dies.

Do you approve of Wikileaks and our right to know what the government is really doing?

When you answer, do not consider whether or not the leaking of the material is right or wrong. All governments leak one way or the other, sooner or later.

Is It Okay To Upload State Secrets?

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/do-leaked-af...

• georgiagrrly 2010/08/07 01:31:05
    No, I dissapprove, people don't need to know.
    georgiagrrly
    +2
    There are people in iraq and asscrackistan that went against their people and helped us out. If their names are revealed those people and their ENTIRE family are DEAD. Some things are on a need to know basis and a majority of us sure as hell don't need to know.

• Lauren Bynum 2011/09/28 23:01:55
    Other - Please comment.
    Lauren Bynum
    Some things the people should know but other things should be concealed. It could cause conflicts or panic.
  • Nicole 2010/12/09 03:09:30
    Nicole
    +1
    People are always so quick to say what they "think" our government is doing behind our backs and then ranting and raving about it when the real truth us that they are just as clueless as everyone. If we can't trust the people we put into office, we might as well just kill ourselves because according to all of our paranoid conspiracy theorists, that is what is going to happen to us anyways. Personally, I have a lot respect for MOST of our elected officials. You can only imagine what it is like to be in their seat having to listen to all the Americans bark at every decision that is made not because the presidents are screwing up but because we have a huge partisan divide in our country right now that is equal and opposite on EVERYTHING. Funny thing is the lack of trust in our own government is exactly what is going to take us out if anything.
  • 1206720 2010/08/16 12:43:23
  • matheson 2010/08/16 12:28:06
    Yes, I approve, we need more material like this so Americans can be informed.
    matheson
    Anybody that says no should never live in America
  • 1206720 matheson 2010/08/16 12:44:25
  • Gary 1206720 2010/08/17 18:36:34
    Gary
    Well good fer yew, Cap'n Crunch.
    Pulling rank?
    What a putz!
  • 1206720 Gary 2010/08/18 00:58:06
  • Prometh... 1206720 2010/12/03 07:55:20
    PrometheanBound
    +1
    I thought by now people realized that insults that don't pertain to anything in particular about a person don't faze the denziens of the web. Calling someone an asshat on the web doesn't really have the same effect as it would in real life.
  • Zach055 2010/08/13 18:27:07
    Zach055
    We have a right to know.
  • 1206720 Zach055 2010/08/16 12:45:29
  • Kristen Jareth 2010/08/12 11:02:12
    Kristen Jareth
    We need to know what our goverment is doing. after all, its our country.
  • 1206720 Kristen... 2010/08/16 12:46:31
  • Earthly Resident 2010/08/09 23:34:01
    Earthly Resident
    its the country we live in, of course we have every right to know absolutely everything our government is doing. which is lying, cheating, stealing, killing, enslaving, corrupting, and oppressing

if u live in a house, wouldn't u want to know if u have a leaky pipe
  • 1206720 Earthly... 2010/08/16 12:47:20
  • DANNY_B0i♛ 2010/08/09 14:49:32 (edited)
    DANNY_B0i♛
    we have alot of rights but that doesnt mean were freakin gonna get them. alot rights freakin gonna
  • Timche 2010/08/08 23:13:45
    Timche
    OFC...always!
  • georgiagrrly 2010/08/07 01:31:05
    georgiagrrly
    +2
  • Gary georgia... 2010/08/17 18:32:03
    Gary
    Need to know? Like what brand of ketchup our troops prefer on their hamburgers?
    Stuff like that because the military likes to classify everything it can get its hands on.
  • georgia... Gary 2010/08/18 03:35:12
    georgiagrrly
    Yeah they can go over board on what the classify I agree. However, there is way more that has been let loose on the net than that. It was not their place to put that information out there for all to see. I hope they get punished to the fullest extent of the law and UCMJ.
  • sweetnsassym6 2010/08/06 04:13:33
    sweetnsassym6
    +2
    we need to know more so if we r being screwed or going to war its our right to know. everyone knows the gov. is all about screwing the people out of what they worked for.
  • govout 2010/08/05 02:13:06
    Other - Please comment.
    govout
    +1
    The government should only have the right to keep national security secrets.
  • Gary govout 2010/08/17 18:34:00
    Gary
    Right, and what kind of music the troops like to listen to is no doubt a national security secret.
    Or what how much soda pop is consumed in the Pentagon every week.
    Stuff like that.
  • ɟʇʇoɔs 2010/08/05 01:27:52
    ɟʇʇoɔs
    The government has hidden too much from us for too many years. They need to stop lying to us. I for one would like to know what exactly is on Mars
  • theunbubba ɟʇʇoɔs 2010/08/08 02:20:35
    theunbubba
    +1
    Buy a telescope.
  • 1206720 ɟʇʇoɔs 2010/08/16 12:48:40
  • Redfray 2010/08/04 15:19:43
    Redfray
    +1
    I thought we were the government? I would like to know how much money is sent to our government through taxes, but thats not going to happen. By the way, how does the government exist? Here lately they have been mortgaging our property to other countries. Where did they get the rights to do that? If our country goes down, you lose your property to whomever owns the bonds or other contracts with our government. They can come and get it. We need to know how our government is opperating, and they need to be helt accountable for all actions affecting us. That means we should be able to try them in a court of law?
  • 1206720 Redfray 2010/08/16 12:50:56
  • theunbubba Redfray 2010/08/18 05:19:55
    theunbubba
    You want to know what's being taken in and being spent?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
  • CANADIANFREEDOMFIGHTER 2010/08/04 10:25:47
    CANADIANFREEDOMFIGHTER
    +1
    Yes because if we didn't have the Right To Know What Our Government Is Really Doing we would be nothing but mindless slaves under a dictatorship who tramples on our rights and freedoms
  • Gary CANADIA... 2010/08/17 18:39:00
    Gary
    We certainly should have the right to know why we are taken to war
    and for seven years were were fed nothing but bullsh*t.
  • JFukov 2010/08/03 16:44:14
    JFukov
    Out of sight, out of mind principles have worked for America so far. Why change your ways now, eh?
  • triggerman_1 2010/08/03 05:33:28
    Other - Please comment.
    triggerman_1
    I really don't think we need to know every detail as far as some things are concerned, however issues such as health care which will effect generations to come, yes we do need to know everything and the American Public should have a right to vote it in or out.
    Waterboarding? I could care less, you have terrorist who want to kill Americans by the masses and some of the LWNJ's are concerned about a few interrigation tactics, I say waterboard them.
    Cap & Trade: It is most likely History anyway...
    Obama: I want to know in detail who is actually on his staff, who he talks to and I want to know in detail what is in his mind for his plan for America. Just being Honest here I don't think the office of President is working out for him.
    I really don't care if the government pays 30 thousand for a toilet seat as long as it is not a toilet seat. But I would care if they paid 40 thousand for a monkey wrench if it were actually a monkey wrench.
    I honestly think it is in the best interest of the American people to know everything Obama is up to, I mean c'mon he has been caught in so many lies he has made the devil blush.
    When are the American people going to Stand up against this guy and tell him Enough is Enough, Obama you need to GO!
  • Red high priestess in Nyx I... 2010/08/02 12:41:40
    Red high priestess in Nyx I trust
    Yes!
  • vic 2010/08/02 00:16:44
    Other - Please comment.
    vic
    Pilate to Christ: What is truth?
  • luigi1- in god we trust 2010/07/31 17:25:01 (edited)
    luigi1- in god we trust
    At one time government served the people. Those days are long gone. The liberal progressives are in control. We don't have a right anymore.
  • Wolfy 2010/07/31 02:50:41
    Other - Please comment.
    Wolfy
    We need to know a lot of things but for safety's sake not everything
  • vic Wolfy 2010/08/02 00:14:58
    vic
    You can't handle the truth can you? You prefer to stroke yourself.
  • Wolfy vic 2010/08/02 10:34:55
    Wolfy
    I just believe that we should be in the dark about certain secrets for the sake of security for our nation....now how about YOU go stroke YOURSELF
  • vic Wolfy 2010/08/04 14:49:35
    vic
    My God man, aren't you concerned with reality?! O_o
  • matheson Wolfy 2010/08/16 12:29:53
    matheson
    He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither

2014/09/03 05:09:50