Do We All Belong to the Government?

Daryl 2012/09/05 18:00:00

• us Josh Ro... 2012/09/07 14:46:14
    us
    +3
    I believe romney is for individual freedoms, Obama is believes government will take care of you.
  • Josh Ro... us 2012/09/07 14:53:39
    Josh Robinson
    The race for President ended at the RNC... you are watching a Don King match between Bankster candidates. don king
  • Josh Ro... us 2012/09/07 14:57:15
    Josh Robinson
    Did you get your belief he is for individual freedoms from his endorsement of Terrorist treatment of American citizens or perhaps from his Government mandated health plan..? Crap i'm being racist again, wait this is Romneys failures i'm pointing out... When it's Romney ''I need my meds'' when its Obama ''I'm racist''... got it...
  • us Josh Ro... 2012/09/07 15:08:10
    us
    +1
    I know right now america has big decision, I pray we decide on the right one.
  • Josh Ro... us 2012/09/07 15:20:08
    Josh Robinson
    Americas have no choice... We lost already... your voice is over, all you have left to control is whether to vote 3rd party or not vote at all. Romney and Obama are the same. They will both continue all the wars, all the spending, all the printing, neither will address drug reform, both have the same health plan. Tell me again how choosing one of these two is ''winning''... Americans already lost the race for president... there are 2 global government representatives left to ''choose'' from. ''You will know them by their actions''.... is Guantanamo closed..? Are the corrupt bank ceo's in prison or even fired..? Are we still in 2-4 undeclared unconstitutional wars..? Will your ''choice'' invade Iran to find Lil'Georgies WMD'S that escaped from Iraq..? Your choice...lol... good luck with that.
  • us Josh Ro... 2012/09/07 15:28:52
    us
    +1
    Thanks for writing back, yes, they are both back by george soros, I am not
    sure but I believe mitt romney is for business, and Obama believe the government will take care of you. But how that work when we always send money to others, no one sends us money.
  • Josh Ro... us 2012/09/07 15:34:27
    Josh Robinson
    Americans seldom find out where these monies go, for all we know these people are sending money to themselves in other countries sometimes.
  • us Josh Ro... 2012/09/07 15:39:20
    us
    that true or family, which some people who live in different countries come here and sent it back home. That one thing United states should have never aloud.
  • Josh Ro... us 2012/09/07 15:45:18
    Josh Robinson
    Auditing the Fed will show where some of these 10's of TRILLIONS of dollars are being relocated to and who is supposed to have received it. We must push for Audit The Fed to pass again...! We must lean hard on Harry Reid to allow the audit..! sfgh
  • schjaz 2012/09/07 13:57:40
    schjaz
    I would like to know where the video link is please? Its very sticky and I could not hear it.
  • Andy Devine 2012/09/07 13:46:03
    Andy Devine
    +2
    The frightening thing about this question is that the people who believe we belong to the government are voting for like minded crazies. This entire thought process is incompatible with our representative republic and anti-American. We need to take back control of our education systems and reverse the indoctrination.
  • Tasine 2012/09/07 13:23:16
    Tasine
    +2
    I don't belong to the government and will never belong to it. It was designed to belong to all American citizens, but it's been a LONG time since that happened.

This is MY country and THE government is destroying it, and that makes ME mad. The Progressives have worked so long and so diligently to make the moment right before exiting their closets. When Barry came along, the time was perfect for them. He has filled our government positions of authority with like-minded Progressives - we cannot unelect them because they aren't elected positions. He got a couple onto the Supreme Court - they aren't elected and their terms are lifetime. Progressives are controlling tyrants with sociopathic traits, and should not be in power.

MY COUNTRY - NOT MY GOVERNMENT!
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/09/07 13:10:20
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
  • Bulanova (Team Hargitay) 2012/09/07 11:09:45
    Bulanova (Team Hargitay)
    +2
    Liberals voted overwhelmingly yes. And were the only political demographic to do so. WTF, liberals?
  • USAF Vet 2012/09/07 06:48:35
    USAF Vet
    +3
    No...end of story...next question.
  • Leantom, the Economic Ratio... 2012/09/07 06:17:35
    Leantom, the Economic Rationalist
    +3
    We employ those in government with our tax dollars. They are dependent upon us, their employers, for their existence (not the other way around).

Also, people really should learn to differentiate between civil society and the state itself. The two coexist but are entirely different entities. That is, while I am a member of U.S. society, I am not a U.S. government bureaucrat or in any way, shape or form a part of the government.

The idea of "the state" and "citizens" being one is German, not English (see Hegel or look up Der Staat by Franz Oppenheimer).
  • lauren dull 2012/09/07 05:58:51
    lauren dull
    +4
    Government belongs to me.
  • JJ 2012/09/07 03:37:40 (edited)
    JJ
    +4
    We only belong if we let ourselves belong....don't vote Obama [ or we will belong ]. We will beholding to them for everything. We are still...WE THE PEOPLE! This is our country, our Government.
  • Miles 2012/09/07 03:23:07
    Miles
    +4
    The last time I looked the government works for the american people...
  • Tasine Miles 2012/09/07 13:27:48
    Tasine
    I understand what you are saying, and that is the way it is supposed to be, but I respectfully disagree about the government working for the American people. I believe it works for itself, and we pay them for that.
  • us Tasine 2012/09/07 14:51:20
    us
    +1
    Government through the years have overstep there boundaries, it sad but true, Obama has really overstep, he ingores everyone in congress. One day government will wake up see want they did to america, they will be so ashamed, there greed took over.
  • Marlene Wilkins 2012/09/07 03:04:41
    Marlene Wilkins
    +3
    The day the gov't tries to declare 'ownership' of me...
    I'll join the rest of the folks with torches, pitchforks, guns and blackmarket RPGs in 'adjusting' government's effed-up views and attitude.
  • Joseph Mallery 2012/09/07 03:03:11
    Joseph Mallery
    +2
    At least we shouldn't, of course.
  • Red_Horse 2012/09/07 02:50:06
  • Tasine Red_Horse 2012/09/07 13:28:55
    Tasine
    +1
    We MUST start protecting each other FROM government overreach!
  • Lordphoton999 *AFCL* 2012/09/07 02:11:46
    Lordphoton999 *AFCL*
    +4
    We are the government by the people, for the people and of the people, not government own the people.
  • Seraph O. Storms 2012/09/07 02:09:13
    Seraph O. Storms
    +3
    In the mindset of the progressive movement, they have to control our lives for our own good. They can tell us where to go, what to do and how to do it. That's basically owning us.
  • Aspect of B 2012/09/07 01:31:25
    Aspect of B
    +1
    Just as one 'belongs' to a club, council or group.

It isn't a case of direct ownership over someone.
  • laurenboelsche 2012/09/07 00:50:11
    laurenboelsche
    +4
    They decide what we pay, where we go, what we eat, what we smoke, what we can do with our bodies (primarily women), who we can marry, where we throw our trash, in what ways were allowed to defend ourselves, what we learn in school, who deserves justice and who doesn't, where our money goes... it's crazy if you think about it. We've created this little society and allowed ourselves to be confined.
  • bye 2012/09/07 00:46:17
    bye
    +4
    It is we the people not we the slaves to the government or the serfs.
  • keeper 2012/09/06 23:42:31
    keeper
    +5
    They do not OWN me!
  • Spooner 2012/09/06 22:23:05 (edited)
    Spooner
    +2
    We dont "...Belong to the Government", we ARE the Goverment.

USA Government = USA Citizens, there is no dichotomy, same same

Read the Constitution consisting of the Preamble, 7 Articles and 27 Ammendments, there is some really cool stuff ln there that belongs to us all. It is a shame that the mechanics of government sometimes obscures the reality of our Constution.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America..."

http://www.usconstitution.net...
  • Red_Horse Spooner 2012/09/07 02:51:00
  • Donn Wr... Red_Horse 2012/09/07 05:14:06
    Donn Wright
    +2
    No, we need to fire every treasonous bastard that holds public office and start over. BTW, they are all corrupt at every level. So are the cops, they need to be fired as well.
    Then, and only then will we have a chance to fix this mess.
  • Red_Horse Donn Wr... 2012/09/07 05:19:04
  • Donn Wr... Red_Horse 2012/09/07 05:28:24
    Donn Wright
    Every cop in America knowingly violates the Constitution they swore to uphold every single day they are on duty, and they know it. They have already traded their integrity for a paycheck. Perhaps there will be a few who stand up when the time comes but I'm not willing to bet my life on them.
  • Red_Horse Donn Wr... 2012/09/07 05:31:22
  • Donn Wr... Red_Horse 2012/09/07 12:49:22
    Donn Wright
    Cops are trained from the get go to be able to trick citizens into giving up their rights. For example, asking a driver if they mind if they look in their vehicle. If they refuse, which is their right, cops are trained to get indignant and ask what they are hiding. They are taught how to bully citizens into doing what they want so they can charge them with something and collect money.

Do you know that it is unconstitutional to have to have a driver's license to drive on a public hiway? Most cops do. Your right to travel as you please has many court precedents and the cops cannot interfere with it, but they do. They cannot require that you register your vehicle or have insurance, but they do. They cannot impound your vehicle for violating their "laws", but they do. The idea of requiring you to wear a seat belt is totally contradictory to the Constitution, but they do. "We the People" have allowed the police to illegally interfere with our lives for so long, we just expect it and believe it is just the price we have to pay for an ordered society. Wrong! 95% of everything cops do now is not related in any way to the motto "protect and serve", it is all about collecting revenue and/or sending people to privately owned prisons because the people who fund the campaigns for the top...

Do you know that it is unconstitutional to have to have a driver's license to drive on a public hiway? Most cops do. Your right to travel as you please has many court precedents and the cops cannot interfere with it, but they do. They cannot require that you register your vehicle or have insurance, but they do. They cannot impound your vehicle for violating their "laws", but they do. The idea of requiring you to wear a seat belt is totally contradictory to the Constitution, but they do. "We the People" have allowed the police to illegally interfere with our lives for so long, we just expect it and believe it is just the price we have to pay for an ordered society. Wrong! 95% of everything cops do now is not related in any way to the motto "protect and serve", it is all about collecting revenue and/or sending people to privately owned prisons because the people who fund the campaigns for the top cops make a small fortune for every inmate.

Any cop who tells you the above is not true is a damn liar. They know better because they are trained in the techniques to get their way and violate citizen's rights. Most people are scared to death of a cop and they wouldn't dream of not doing what they are told to do, even if it means they go to prison for a crime that was never legitimately illegal in the first place.

There are "good" people who are cops. But, the argument that they don't know that much of what they do is illegal or unconstitutional just doesn't fly. They have sold their souls for a paycheck, and that sir, pisses me off.

Virtually all of the most of the most hideous crimes by governments and law enforcement agencies have been committed under the pretense of being "for the good of the people." Security always comes at the price of freedom. If you wish to support gestapo like tactics from the people who are supposedly protecting you, go right ahead. As for myself, they are the enemy of my freedom and cannot under any circumstances be trusted.
  • Red_Horse Donn Wr... 2012/09/07 18:01:17
  • Donn Wr... Red_Horse 2012/09/07 22:18:56
    Donn Wright
    +1
    There are a few organizations, including the "Oath Keepers" who have the vision to see what is coming down the pike and are prepared to make a stand when the time comes. I admire them greatly as patriots. I know many current and former military, especially Marines, who feel the same way.

But, that percentage is small and most will do as they are told, just as Hitler's army did.

When the time comes, and I don't believe it is far off now, average citizens are going to be the heroes of the second revolution. Only 3% of the population actually fought in the first Revolution and yet they managed to defeat the greatest military power on Earth at the time. It depends on how many are willing to give into slavery as opposed to how many are willing to die for freedom. Blood has always been the price and it will be again.

2014/09/20 16:13:55