Do sluts ask to get raped?

Pixie·ŸŸMzAwesome♠ƤĦĂĔŢ♠ 2012/06/24 16:48:35
Related Topics: Rape, Poll, Slut, Shirt
I do not usually get really angry on here but one thing that pisses me off is people saying sluts ask to get raped. I made a poll the other day about it being no panties day and some guy was saying any girl that did that is an immoral slut who is asking to get raped. I have been raped. I was wearing Jeans and a t shirt. was I asking for it?
How about instead of telling girls not to get raped we tell people not to rape?

Edit: I am leaving this open but ignoring it for it is bringing up bad memories if I do not respond to you this is why.

• Leantom... SassySa... 2012/06/25 15:33:43
    Leantom, the Economic Rationalist
    Your sources are not peer-reviewed and they are extremely limited in scope.

I understand, however; it's impossible for a woman to really understand male physiology and the sexual drive that males feel. It's partly because the scaffold for estrogen and testosterone are entirely different, hence making the two sterols interact with different receptors and produce entirely different results.

It's really not possible for a woman to understand male sexuality.

As for the 'rape is about power' myth, it was actually started by Susan Brownmiller and her book "against our wills" (the statement has been repeated dogmatically ever since).

"The feminist theory of male-female rape is summarized by Susan Brownmiller's statement: "rape is nothing more or less than a conscious process of intimidation by which all men keep all women in a state of fear".[62] Some feminists assert that male domination of women in socio-political and economic domains is the ultimate cause of most rapes, and consider male-female rape to be a crime of power that has little or nothing to do with sex itself.[63] However, an 1983 study comparing 14 indicators of male dominance and the incidence of rape in 26 American cities found no correlations, except one where greater male dominance actually decreased the incidence of ...

"The feminist theory of male-female rape is summarized by Susan Brownmiller's statement: "rape is nothing more or less than a conscious process of intimidation by which all men keep all women in a state of fear".[62] Some feminists assert that male domination of women in socio-political and economic domains is the ultimate cause of most rapes, and consider male-female rape to be a crime of power that has little or nothing to do with sex itself.[63] However, an 1983 study comparing 14 indicators of male dominance and the incidence of rape in 26 American cities found no correlations, except one where greater male dominance actually decreased the incidence of rape.[64] Social learning theory of rape is similar to the feminist theory and links cultural traditions such as imitation, sex-violence linkages, rape myths (e.g., "women secretly desire to be raped"), and desensitization to be the core causes of rape."

• SassySa... Leantom... 2012/06/25 17:02:36
    SassySalsera
    Wikipedia is not peer reviewed. I will post some links to abstracts later when I have more time. I just didn't know if you had any access to a library where you could read peer reviewed materials.

NEITHER I NOR ANYONE ELSE IN THIS DISCUSSION WITH YOU HAVE SAID POWER IS THE SOLE REASON. You keep reframing the argument because you have nothing to say.
  • JAA SassySa... 2012/06/25 18:24:59 (edited)
    JAA
    I gave some "updated" information for the Neanderthal to chew on. He'll probably still blame women for the evil that men perpetrate against women. It is what evil men do.
  • The Pot... Leantom... 2012/06/24 22:50:02
    The Potato Princess
    +3
    It doesn't. According to studies, in almost all cases the rapist didn't even notice what the victim was wearing.

I actually read somewhere that murders have higher instances of the victim wearing 'provocative dress' than rapes.
  • Leantom... The Pot... 2012/06/25 15:34:06
    Leantom, the Economic Rationalist
    That's very interesting.
  • Al B Thayer 2012/06/24 20:44:27 (edited)
    No one asks for it
    Al B Thayer
    +7
    Please don't confuse rape with sex. Rape is an act of violence against another person weaker than the rapist. That's why ugly old ladies get raped. Children get raped and young boys too. It has nothing to do with looking or being sexy.

It's a gross display of aggression having power over someone weaker. The lasting effects it leaves on the victim is devastating and some never completely recover.

A rapist knows the difference and without a doubt can tell you it's not the same to them.
  • Selketskiss 2012/06/24 20:43:40
    No one asks for it
    Selketskiss
    +5
    "some guy was saying any girl that did that is an immoral slut who is asking to get raped".
    Yet I am sure this pig that wrote that statement feels it is ok for men to go commando..the double standard...It amazes me what some men will call women but feel what ever they (men) do is manly, he's a stud, a playboy, a great lover when he screws 15 girls in one week. Women are raped by males..some males are still dragging their knuckles on the ground as they walk..these are the pukes that rape women, these are the ones who use every excuse under the sun to justify their knuckle dragging ways...
  • curt 2012/06/24 20:42:45
    No one asks for it
    curt
    +1
    Many people have been raped.Including young boy's and girls.
    Who ever perpetrated the crime should face the time,or death penalty,
    in my opinion.......
    I happen to be a slut myself..
    Most male's are...
    I would love to get raped by certain woman....
    Just wake my up like this......??>>!!..
  • Ben 2012/06/24 20:42:34
    No one asks for it
    Ben
    +1
    Actually rapists tend to go for the frumpy clothed women because they are less sure of themselves and less likely to tell.
    Not that anything condones rape, there's no surefire way to avoid it.
  • texasred 2012/06/24 20:42:22
    No one asks for it
    texasred
    +2
    Unfortunately, some men think they do.
  • FencerCat 2012/06/24 20:42:08
    No one asks for it
    FencerCat
    +2
    You said it, no one asks for it. Rape isn't about sex or sexy dressing. It's about violence and dominance. Doesn't matter what you're wearing.

I also happen to hate the word "panties". I wear underwear, not "panties" Panties is a rapist word, not something I would expect a woman to call her underwear. I've generally only heard guys use that word, and usually ina sexually motivated way. What covers my body isn't about sex. Sex is something else entirely.
  • ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ 2012/06/24 20:40:37
    No one asks for it
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    +5
    I don't care how much clothing a woman has on, whether that be a lot or not very much... NO MEANS NO!
  • Party o... ღ♥ღ ℒea... 2012/06/24 23:30:30
    Party of One
    +1
    definitely!
  • Anne 2012/06/24 20:35:50
    No one asks for it
    Anne
    +5
    I was never raped but had a very close call last summer. I was at my boyfriend's cabin and we were down by the beach. We were swimming and there was a little group of guys that kind of yelled something at us and we ignored them and kept swimming. Then we went to get lunch but I had left my shoes down on the beach so I ran back to get them and the leader of the little group almost raped me. It was terrifying. My boyfriend, brother in law and father in law to be came and saved me when they heard me scream. I was wearing a t-shirt over a bikini.
  • wilsonmja 2012/06/24 20:31:22
    Yes they ask for it tempting men like that
    wilsonmja
    Some girls have rape fantasies. Maybe rapists are just trying to figure out which ones do. It's a hit and miss thing. They're just so misunderstood.
    tempting girls rape fantasies rapists figure hit misunderstood
  • ღ♥ღ ℒea... wilsonmja 2012/06/24 20:44:18
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    +4
    you act out fantasies with a partner... that way there is no misunderstanding.
  • Feria~T... wilsonmja 2012/06/24 22:09:25
  • JAA wilsonmja 2012/06/25 18:27:15
    JAA
    Men are generally idiots. Are you a rapist, by chance?
  • wilsonmja JAA 2012/06/26 22:17:14
    wilsonmja
    Define rapist. I mean if forcing myself onto a women sexually against her will makes me a rapist, then I guess I'm a rapist. I prefer "caveman enthusiast" over your judgementel term, but that's fine.
  • JAA wilsonmja 2012/06/27 03:19:29
    JAA
    Look up the word, "rapist". You have Google capabilities, right? I guess, then, that you ARE a rapist. I hope you get caught one day & the state you are in has capital punishment.
  • Dark Angel wilsonmja 2012/06/26 19:11:41
    Dark Angel
    thats an excuse a rapist would use
  • wilsonmja Dark Angel 2012/06/26 22:19:09
    wilsonmja
    Rapists don't need excuses. They need hugs....and really good lawyers.
  • Dark Angel wilsonmja 2012/06/26 22:30:15
    Dark Angel
    youre joking right?
  • wilsonmja Dark Angel 2012/06/27 04:25:08
  • Zamboni... wilsonmja 2012/07/12 02:49:11
    Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan BN0
    Listen here:

As much as your trying to make slapstick humour in a rape post, I must warn you: There are people that actually got raped in the past that are in this post. I bet they don't find this funny at all.
  • wilsonmja Zamboni... 2012/07/12 03:01:25
    wilsonmja
    I'm sure there are. You know: it's funny how everybody loves to laugh until it comes around to something that touches them. Then suddenly it's not funny anymore. Don't laugh of you don't think it's funny, but consider the source, shake it off and move on with your life.
  • lil crazy 2012/06/24 20:30:59
    No one asks for it
    lil crazy
    +4
    the rape

He lured me to his house with the promise of a song
    I was naive back then so I went along
    I wasn't a virgin but that didn't give him the right
    to do what he did to me on that night
    He sang "American Gigolo" and said I could sing after him
    He forced me to the bed before I got to begin
    He held my hands down with one of his and undid my pants
    I told him NO and fought back but I didn't stand a chance
    He was stronger than me
    at least physically
    I think mentally I would be the stronger one
    because I fought my demons and I won
    I don't know why he raped me
    and I don't really care
    Because I have long since moved on
    and I don't want to go back there
    but the one thing I do regret is not turning him in
    I just hope he never raped anyone else again
    I was young and I didn't know what to do
    part of me felt like I was guilty too
    I should have known better than to go with him alone
    I didn't know him well enough to be invited to his home
    but it still didn't give him the right
    to rape me and then pretend nothing happened that night
  • Katey lil crazy 2012/06/25 05:43:56
    Katey
    +1
    that makes me want to cry thats like exactly what happened to me but I eventually turned him in but a year and a half later hes still not in jail
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/06/24 20:30:17
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    If they are sluts, then their main goal is to get laid. There have been many cases where sluts cried rape only to be proven later they were just plain sluts.

Good girls don't get raped because they never put themselves in that position.

And the words slut and rape should never be used together. it's an oxymoron.
  • wilsonmja ScottyG... 2012/06/24 20:33:05
    wilsonmja
    +3
    Ok, well just because some girls have cried wolf doesn't mean all sluts are begging to be raped. Do they not have the right to choose their sexual partner just because they dress like sluts?
  • ScottyG... wilsonmja 2012/06/24 20:34:13
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    Slut and rape are oxymoron's and should never be used in the same sentence.
  • ღ♥ღ ℒea... ScottyG... 2012/06/24 20:50:30
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    +7
    first of all what determines someone to be a slut? A girl that enjoys sex and has multiple partners?... the way she is dressed? I mean really? What constitutes a girl as a slut? And then from that point what gives another man she does not want to have sex with the right to force her into it?
  • ScottyG... ღ♥ღ ℒea... 2012/06/24 20:53:41
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +1
    You missed the point. A slut wants and loves sex rarely being too picky about who her partners are.

• ღ♥ღ ℒea... ScottyG... 2012/06/24 21:10:52
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    +8
    you see, guys use of the term slut very easily. Sometimes if the girl is not a virgin, she is a slut.

but let's go by loves sex rarely being too picky... even then.... if she did not want to do it and she said no, and he forced himself on her... that is still rape.

I don't care what type of person the other person is, if something is being forced on them it's the same thing. So I don't think it's an oxymoron.

You know, I think men are sluts quite often... if another man found them attractive and forced upon them... I think there would be no doubt

I know I know... apples and oranges.
  • ScottyG... ღ♥ღ ℒea... 2012/06/24 21:25:05
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    I use the term quite literally. But that's just me.

If you take 2 scenarios. One where a group of women go out, drink, dance with men, have a good time and all leave together with no designs of having sex and never suggested that it was an option, chances are none will get raped.

The other where one woman goes out, drinks to excess, teases a bunch of guys and acts like she wants to have sex with most of them, chances are one of them will go too far and she will get raped.

It's a matter of not doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

And don't get me wrong. Rape is NEVER justified. But it can be avoided by the circumstances one puts ones self into.

I've never heard of a Women being raped after leaving a church service.
  • ღ♥ღ ℒea... ScottyG... 2012/06/24 21:37:01
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    +5
    sadly, I have. Except she was actually raped inside the church by a janitor. Crazy huh? Anyways...

you can make lots of scenarios... you can add in different factors that can increase possibilities of bad things happening such as time of day, location, even how one might be dressed. But the true bottom line is when the woman says no it means no.

when you said slut and rape are oxymorons and should not be in the same sentence, it made me believe you thought a girl being slutty justified rape. It's how it comes off anyways. so I'm glad you clarified its never justified. :-)
  • ScottyG... ღ♥ღ ℒea... 2012/06/24 21:44:11
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    We all know that most of these polls are designed to get a rise out of the participants. I just offer a viewpoint that begged for rebuttal.

I see the smoke coming out of their ears literally over the net.

If you look up the word slut here's what you get.

a : a promiscuous woman; especially : prostitute
    b : a saucy girl : minx

I love coming here to spice up the debate. Thanks for taking the civil route and not jumping down my throat for a differing opinion.
  • ღ♥ღ ℒea... ScottyG... 2012/06/24 22:45:51
    ღ♥ღ ℒea ღ♥ღ
    +4
    always. I like discussing opinions. Some people just like expressing themselves. I find it interesting to see how people think, what makes them think certain things. When you find those things out, normally people can come to a common understanding even with differing opinions. :-)

as for the person that started this thread, I understand her reasoning. thankfully I do not understand it as well as she does.

I'm sorry she was raped and the hardships she deals with everyday trying to cope with it. It's not your fault girl, remember that. :-)
  • SassySa... ScottyG... 2012/06/25 05:17:38
    SassySalsera
    +3
    Slut is a shaming word, meant to demean a woman for asserting herself and being comfortable with her sexuality.

I see that you believe only women are sluts? What do you call a promiscuous man?
  • ScottyG... SassySa... 2012/06/25 15:46:03
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    A man whore!

2014/04/17 04:20:19