Do Republicans want America to Collapse ?

Che Guevara - Hero 2011/02/09 14:36:57
Yes, The Republicans DO America to Fail
No, The Republicans DO NOT want America to Fail
Other

From all the evidence I can find it seems they would like nothing else for America to collapse and fall into anarchy so the likes of the Koch Bothers and Haliburton, and the Defense Industry could pick up the pieces. Do You Agree ?

"It is very clear that the Republicans in the Senate want this economy to fail. They see that things are beginning to turn around. You know the numbers. When this president took office, we were losing 750,000 jobs a month. … Now we are gaining jobs. … Unfortunately, and cynically [on their part], in cynical political terms, it doesn’t serve them in terms of their elections if things are beginning to turn around.

I think Republicans don't want to hurt America, but I also think they literally don't give a shit about the poor and unemployed. Philosophically, Republicans are not concerned about a huge and growing underclass of desperately impoverished people, and instinctively they just dislike the unfortunate. That's why Orrin Hatch wants to drug test the unemplyed.

Obviously that's not true of all conservatives -- some of them do, indeed, think there are conservative policies that will help the poor or unemployed lead more comfortable and dignified lives -- but it's apparently true of the vast majority of elected Republicans.

Republicans don't hate America, they just don't care about lots of Americans. (And many of them don't count about half of Americans as Real Americans.) They don't want the country to fail, they just don't think it counts as a failure when millions of people can't find work or afford healthcare or buy groceries."

Read More: http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2010/0...

• Bastion 2011/02/09 14:54:56
    Yes, The Republicans DO America to Fail
    Bastion
    +9
    They want the Middle Class to fail - for too long, the Middle Class has shared in the wealth of America. The American Aristocracy, with over 90% of America's wealth in the 90's, decided that wasn't enough - they wanted it ALL.

And they're getting it.

• skittlesgirl 2011/02/11 03:27:09
    Yes, The Republicans DO America to Fail
    skittlesgirl
    +1
    Maybe not America but Obama for sure, that in itself is hurting America
  • JO 2011/02/10 07:24:35
    Other
    JO
    +1
    No, they don't want American to fail, just fall into a huge CORPORATION.

jo
  • IlliniRob 2011/02/10 06:22:38
    Yes, The Republicans DO America to Fail
    IlliniRob
    +1
    Considering that a huge amount of Repubs have flat out stated that their number one goal is to stop Obama at one term, I can only take that as an implied statement that American failure is their goal #1. Obviously, if America begins to thrive, Obama's popularity and acceptance will rise, and his objectors will be looked at as gasbags. Most of his harshest objectors open the paper or turn on the news each day hoping to hear or see another indication that things are getting worse. His objectors hate nothing more than seeing unemployment getting better.
    Other
    In The Federalist #10, http://www.constitution.org/f... James Madison discusses "factions", his word for political party. He discusses why factions are inevitable, why they damage democracy, and how the founding fathers tried to minimize this adverse impact with various controls in the Constitution. Finally, he expresses some concern about the limits of these controls as the population or geography become too great.

It was interesting to discover how important Madison considered the following:
    1) Free and open dialog on interests, issues, and concerns (So please continue to use Sodahead for these kind of discussions.)
    2) Protection of minority interests, positions, and opinions (So just because the person seems like an idiot to you, please respect their right to have an opinion. Try to persuade them rather than insult them. Thank you)
    3) Making sure "no man is allowed to judge his own cause" (So if you are a Democrat, you have no room to judge Republican's negatively and vice versa.)

What did I learn? I have not spent nearly enough time with the Federalist Papers. This one was brilliant and summarized quite neatly one of the concerns I have had with American Politics starting during the Bush Sr administration. (Specifically the way the Democrats forced him to renege...

What did I learn? I have not spent nearly enough time with the Federalist Papers. This one was brilliant and summarized quite neatly one of the concerns I have had with American Politics starting during the Bush Sr administration. (Specifically the way the Democrats forced him to renege on the "no new taxes" pledge if he wanted to accomplish anything as president.)

If the Republicans are rooting and working for O'bama's failure, the Democrats can't complain because they did the same for O'bama's Republican predecessors.
  • The Albertan 2011/02/10 02:44:31
    The Albertan
    +1
    i highly doubt it, they just want power. if america fails they can't have power then beacause if they try to move to anywhere else in the western world people will shunn them as a far right wing fringe group.
  • CAROLYN NTARWNJBS 2011/02/10 01:03:39
    Other
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    +1
    Not all republicans but at this point in time,yes. I just wish the facts could convince more people what they are doing to this country.
  • True Patriot 2011/02/09 22:11:59
    Yes, The Republicans DO America to Fail
    True Patriot
    +1
    All you have to do is follow the rise of Hitler and the corporate fascists to see what the GOP is attempting to do.

The economy is improving and unemployment going down and without that fear the GOP has nothing to use for a 2012 election so now they are trying to defund and eliminate any program that creates jobs and helps the middle class so people will turn to them.

The only difference is we have the internet and people today are better educated so they can't hide their agenda but it is very important we get the word out and get the young people, minorities, working people and seniors out to vote for Obama!
  • Freeranger 2011/02/09 21:41:37
    Other
    Freeranger
    +1
    Actually my brother, I would respectfully submit that I do not subscribe to the theory. As a Vet, having served in both the Amphibious Navy (7th fleet) and the United States Marine Corps in a Weapons Company as an 0351 (Anti-Armor Assaultman to all you cherries), I have traveled the globe and have seen first hand what communism hath wrought, and I and most of my fellow vets will tell you that we will continue to fight the good fight so that others.....(chiefly those naive Americans who believe the world judiciously nods to the thought of its indigenous population's inherent right to freedom) have the opportunity to be more than any other country in the world will allow them to be. You would do "The Head" a better service here by asking what the enfranchised are actually DOING with that opportunity.
    I firmly believe that Republicans in particular, bring this to the table. Ultimately, we gift this to you. And you, (my assumption, and my apology in advance should that prove otherwise), and those like you who have never undergone the fatigue of maintaining that freedom, are free to speak out against, and castigate, the party which so generously submitted themselves for your better tomorrow.
    It's why we vets have such broad shoulders......so you rock on!

Semper Fidelis
  • True Pa... Freeranger 2011/02/09 22:14:04
    True Patriot
    +3
    The Republicans and Tea Party have continually cut Vet benefits and sent you in to wars for oil and yet you still think they respect you ?
  • Freeranger True Pa... 2011/02/09 22:19:15
    Freeranger
    Hey boy.....get sum.......no, I mean get some posts under your belt cherry. Then come on back.
  • Che Gue... Freeranger 2011/02/09 22:33:08
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +2
    He is welcome on my blogs anytime. He doesn't spend his time sucking up to the rich or the corporations.
  • Jonatha... Freeranger 2011/06/28 02:58:34
    Jonathan Taylor
    You are not making any sense?
  • Lanikai 2011/02/09 21:25:25
    it is obie collapsing the nation and last I checked he is a DEM.

Only the liberal agenda collapses America, repubs are trying like heck to save the free republic.
  • Che Gue... Lanikai 2011/02/09 21:30:09
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +3
    How ? By supporting the Rich and selling America to the Corporations.
    supporting rich selling america corporations
  • Lanikai Che Gue... 2011/02/09 21:45:09
    Beats selling us all out to unions and their demands and expenses, A La GM. I could tell you what I am going thru with Chrysler thanks to their danmed union, but I will spare you the details.
  • Nancy~P... Che Gue... 2011/02/09 22:23:59
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    Your over posting is delete worthy. You are nothing but an equivalent to a sniveling whiner liberal . boo hoo
  • Che Gue... Nancy~P... 2011/02/10 01:00:00
    Che Guevara - Hero
    Sorry Sweetie, hasn't seemed to slow down your poorly thought out responses.
  • Nancy~P... Che Gue... 2011/02/10 01:18:27
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    They are heads above your lame redundant posts
  • Freeranger Che Gue... 2011/02/09 22:36:10
    Freeranger
    Corporations or Unions brother? I mean, I'd like to think that you're a bit more balanced than that. I think we all could prop up examples of greed and corruption don't you? We could look at the MSM. Who's pocket are they in? You don't think they attempt to sway public opinion right? Just please don't tell me you think this to me a uniquely Republican enterprise. You know better right?

Now, granted, this is from '09, but perhaps you'll enjoy this. *Warning,....a tad long.

Why Are Democrats Richer than Republicans?

Tom Kando

...And here is another thing: On average, Republicans are poorer than Democrats! Just go figure. When it comes to economics, it should be pretty simple. There are two basic political attitudes, and you would expect them to correlate with how rich a person is: you would expect both the rich and the poor to vote their pocketbook. The rich would vote for lower taxes and for the government to butt out, i.e. Republican, conservative. The poor would vote for more re-distribution of wealth, more government services, i.e. Democratic, liberal. But, lo and behold, it’s the opposite! Even though there is a lot of overlap, the statistics are clear: The average income of the 100 million or so Republicans is LOWER than that of the 150 million or so Democrats!

This o...

Tom Kando

This oddity can be explained, of course. The first thing we should understand is the enormous regional variation in democratic and republican support. There are red states and there are blue states. And as it so happens, “blue America,” (E.g the East Coast and my beloved Left Coast) is more urban and richer than “red America,” and it is also way more liberal. And as we all know, the Deep South has become the bastion of Republicanism. And of course the Deep South is the country’s poorest region. The other red states are mostly in the Rocky Mountains and in the Midwest - again, rural, poor, and culturally conservative. So at the aggregate level, richer states are more democratic and poorer states are more republican.

In an article titled, “Rich state, poor state, red state, blue state,” (Quarterly Journal of Political Science, Sept. 2007), Andrew Gelman et.al. Reconcile the facts I just mentioned with our common-sense expectation that poorer folks should be voting Democratic: Indeed, within states, that is precisely what happens. Furthermore, the authors write, the “slope (statistical jargon for “relationship”) is steepest in poor, rural areas. That is, in poor rural areas, the poor are much more likely to vote for the Republican candidate.” In other words, the authors, write, “income matters more in “red America” than in “blue America...For example, in rich states such as Connecticut, income has a very low correlation with vote preference.”

But I get back to my starting point: Overall, it is America’s poor who elect people like George W. Bush, and America’s (somewhat) rich(er) who elect people like Obama. And we just saw one reason for this: the poorest regions are also those that are the most conservative - culturally (red states).

In addition, consider the following factors:
    1. Education: Those with a college education are more liberal than those without.
    2. The stars of popular culture (Hollywood, pro athletes) are both rich and liberal.
    3. Public employees at the managerial level, politicians, lawyers, all make good money, and of course they are overwhemingly Democrats (think of Marxist university presidents making over a million a year).
    4. Brainwashing: Republicans, the media and other opinion leaders have been able to divert people’s attention away from economics and towards cultural issues - abortion, gay issues, religion, flag waiving, race, etc. Smokescreens, you might say. Come to think of it, this is related to #1: It’s easier to brainwash dumb and uneducated people.

So here you have it: At the local level, Americans may vote their pocket book interests, but as a nation, they frequently do the opposite. As a result, it’s the little old flag-waiving ladies in tennis shoes who live on $20,000 a year, who help Wall Street to perpetuate the plutocracy which is so unfair to them. Isn’t this aggravating?

Points to ponder. Have fun with it.
  • FairLady 2011/02/09 21:18:02
    FairLady
    +2
    That is liberals who want America to collapse. Liberals like and want socialism. Socialism WILL make America collapse.
  • Che Gue... FairLady 2011/02/09 21:31:43
    Che Guevara - Hero
    You mean the Republicans are going to make the government smaller ?
    Click on the Chart to make it bigger if you dare. lol
    republicans government smaller click chart bigger lol
  • Bear 2011/02/09 20:34:41
    Bear
    +2
    they don't want America to fail........that said their benefactors' success is the most important consideration
  • Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL 2011/02/09 20:03:48
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    +1
    I am Independent BTW, I think repubs look for smaller governent instead of this mammoth spending spree for the last few years+...I do not think government can handle the influx of introducing more and more programs, taxes and regulations. People of freedom don't like that interference. Like having a babysitter when you are 25 yrs old. The USA is a sustainable country with many resources right here. We just have to curb the appetite of the government spending and get back on track where people can decide what is best for them and their families.

Outsourcing jobs are the direct result of too high of taxations in this country to survive. If you were paying too much rent for an apartment, you would look naturally elsewhere. They have.

Oh and BTW if you think that Repubs are the only ones who are rich and are making a buck off the backs of the common man. Best think that one over again... Love and God bless you all!
  • Che Gue... Nancy~P... 2011/02/09 20:27:56
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +2
    Republicans and smaller government ?
    Click on the graphic to make it bigger.
    republicans smaller government click graphic bigger
  • I am me 2011/02/09 19:56:22
    Other
    I am me
    About as much as the Democrats do... Both parties aren't exactly the epitome of American values and both are corrupted to some extent by special interests and corporations...
  • Liza Jane 2011/02/09 19:50:05
    Yes, The Republicans DO America to Fail
    Liza Jane
    +1
    I think it's pretty obvious.
  • Boulder Sue 2011/02/09 19:19:21
    Other
    Boulder Sue
    +1
    They have some very peculiar ways of trying to prevent America from failing.....
  • Jo 2011/02/09 19:08:51
    Yes, The Republicans DO America to Fail
    Jo
    +1
    if it will make Obama look bad? Definetly. They care more about that than the actual country or its current state.
  • AnarchyxRules 2011/02/09 19:01:24
    AnarchyxRules
    +2
    No they don't want America to fail. It just seems that way considering we have a democratic president. Over time the two major parties have gotten more and more extreme. But that doesn't mean that either party wants the nation that gives them the right to freedom to fail.
  • Idiot repubs 2011/02/09 18:37:46
    Yes, The Republicans DO America to Fail
    Idiot repubs
    +2
    It sure looks that way.
  • Natmike 2011/02/09 17:29:54
    Natmike
    +1
    Republicans believe in small government - any American of any race, religion or economic background who can succeed should not have his or her path blocked by government taxation and regulatory obstacles. Democrats by comparison promise entitlements guaranteeing everyone a MINIMUM AND DISMAL STANDARD OF LIVING - so the issue is do you want a government that provides you with a guarantee of a subsistence level lifestyle or do you want a government that does not stand in the way of you making your own path to success. It is a fundamental question and should not be a racial or a class issue - it often has been perverted by both sides into precisely this sort of dispute but everyone who votes in this country needs to put aside all the secondary considerations and just ask themselves do we want security or opportunity for ourselves and our children and grandchildren - I opt for opportunity but others may choose differently but I do believe that the debate should be framed exactly in this context. There is a trade-off in politics and economics just as there is in almost all aspects of life - you can't have it all - so if you want your government to provide you security you have to realize that this security will cost you something and I believe that the cost is very high indeed.
  • Che Gue... Natmike 2011/02/09 18:02:31 (edited)
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +3
    Here is the truth about Republicans and "SMALL" government. Any questions ?
    Just click on the graphic to make it larger.
    truth republicans government questions
  • Natmike Che Gue... 2011/02/09 18:37:18
    Natmike
    +1
    Most of those deficits were caused by tax cuts - ones that I might agree were excessive under Bush - and I'm no fan of GWB - tax cuts deprive the government of funds to be "big" but unfortunately under GWB the willpower was not there to cut spending to fit the reduced taxation - he only got it half right.
  • Boulder... Natmike 2011/02/09 19:30:31
    Boulder Sue
    How do you explain Reagan and his tax increases, Nat? And how do you defend the Repubs absolute ferocity when it comes to retaining GWB's tax cuts for the very rich?
  • Natmike Boulder... 2011/02/09 19:37:45
    Natmike
    +1
    When Reagan took office in 1980 tax rates were strangling the country - his tax cuts made it possible for middle class people to live which was the real source of his popularity over 8 years - the economy improved and grew and as a % of GNP the deficit actually declined over his 8 years - deficits grew but the economy grew more. GWB came to office at a different time and I don't think massive tax cuts were the thing to do at that time - Clinton was a decent president and left us with surpluses (actually George Bush Senior's policies had something also to do with the surpluses that Clinton left us with).

It is difficult to raise taxes during an economic downturn. And the country needs to get over this class warfare against the rich - if you push the rich enough they will just take their money and leave and you won't get anything from them - everyone benefits from being American and everyone, even the poor, should pay income taxes but a huge percentage of Americans pay nothing - when the time comes to raise taxes it should be done across the board - everyone should contribute.
  • luvguins 2011/02/09 17:20:35
    Other
    luvguins
    +4
    I never heard Bush say the word "poor" in any of his addresses, and rarely now has Boehner, Cantor, or McConnell uttered "middle class". Their claim that "the American people" are all for their whims is disingenuous when ALL the American people are not rich.
  • Wolf 2011/02/09 17:18:48
    Wolf
    +1
    Actually Comrade Obama and his crew are destroying this nation faster than incompetent Repubs at this point...
  • Che Gue... Wolf 2011/02/09 19:01:08
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +2
    Any evidence to back that up ?
  • bob 2011/02/09 16:53:30
    Yes, The Republicans DO America to Fail
    bob
    +3
    It'll make them more money from the superwealthy like the Kock Bothers to have our economy fail. Their stated beliefs on polution, economy do not comply with any theory or fact. Once they have us under their foot, we will be treated like slaves.
  • Che Gue... bob 2011/02/09 17:15:07
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +3
    Like a say, follow the money trail to the scene of the crime.

2014/09/02 14:29:12