Do Republicans Care about the Poor and the Middle Class ?

Che Guevara - Hero 2010/11/19 13:28:10
Yes, The Republicans Care
No, The Republicans Don't Care
It is high time that Republicans realize that most of the poor are not poor by choice. It is high time the Republicans come up with a plan to insure the vast majority of the uninsured in the US. It is high time that the Republicans prove that they care about all US citizens and not just those who were blessed with the opportunity to pursue a good paying career.

But the Republicans do not care about you if you earn less than $17000 per year. Remember that when you vote this September. If you should end up to be one of the poor, hard working US citizens who are forced into a low paying job because unemployment benefits are ending and you can't afford COBRA, the Republicans will abandon you. They will leave you to walk the streets and pick up empty bottles to turn in for nickels. They will leave you to chose between badly needed prescription medication and your next meal. They will abandon you because they do not care about the poor. They will offer no help and then criticize you and call you a lazy bum looking for give-a-ways.

• Texas Johnny 2010/11/19 17:15:38
    Yes, The Republicans Care
    Texas Johnny
    +22
    Did you ever notice Che, that the poor especially in cities vote straight democrat election after election and are still poor? Please and go on reading you little red book comrade.

• you! 2012/05/09 01:14:44
    Yes, The Republicans Care
    you!
    The general election is in November, not September. Also, you misspelled choose.
  • waynelvl 2010/11/22 17:33:44
    Yes, The Republicans Care
    waynelvl
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2010/11/22 16:05:01 (edited)
  • Sissy 2010/11/22 13:51:50
    No, The Republicans Don't Care
    Sissy
    +1
    What is unbelievable are the republicans who are poor and in the middle class themselves. (I do believe there are a few!). They rail and vote against their own self interests and have no problems with the likes of the late Ken Lay or the Bernie Maddof's of the world. Go figure.
  • CAROLYN NTARWNJBS 2010/11/22 04:39:01
    No, The Republicans Don't Care
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    +3
    How does this trickle down effect work again? Right ,it never did!
  • OneWorldDemocracy 2010/11/22 02:36:41
    No, The Republicans Don't Care
    OneWorldDemocracy
    +3
    They only care if you define poor as the wealthiest one percent.
  • socialmedic 2010/11/21 17:14:03
    No, The Republicans Don't Care
    socialmedic
    +1
    First off, republicans have done everything in their power to stop anyone from preventing poor people from breeding children they can not afford and breeding large families. And they have installed or are trying to install the primary agent for breeding poverty: religion, into our politics, against the wishes of Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and other authors of our constitution. Once the poor children they force into the world are born, they don't give two straws about them. They do not want to pay for any of their education or welfare. Some of them they dump onto the mercy of religious organizations who will do nothing to improve their REAL chances in life but will barely sustain them just as they are ... poor. This kind of philanthropy offers no cures to poverty; is a bandaid, not a cure ... Republicans do not want cures. Having a massive class of poor people around them makes them feel better about themselves. They deliberately breed an underclass for this purpose and purposes of exploitation. You will also not that those people who are most ruthless in corrupt industries that exploit poor people, like the sub-prime industry, come from poor backgrounds and deliberately hire poor uneducated people to do the dirty work of ripping off poor people ... making themselv...
    First off, republicans have done everything in their power to stop anyone from preventing poor people from breeding children they can not afford and breeding large families. And they have installed or are trying to install the primary agent for breeding poverty: religion, into our politics, against the wishes of Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and other authors of our constitution. Once the poor children they force into the world are born, they don't give two straws about them. They do not want to pay for any of their education or welfare. Some of them they dump onto the mercy of religious organizations who will do nothing to improve their REAL chances in life but will barely sustain them just as they are ... poor. This kind of philanthropy offers no cures to poverty; is a bandaid, not a cure ... Republicans do not want cures. Having a massive class of poor people around them makes them feel better about themselves. They deliberately breed an underclass for this purpose and purposes of exploitation. You will also not that those people who are most ruthless in corrupt industries that exploit poor people, like the sub-prime industry, come from poor backgrounds and deliberately hire poor uneducated people to do the dirty work of ripping off poor people ... making themselves instantly successful from this exploitation. This kind of republican despises government regulation the most. What crook wouldn't. It amazes me that this "new wealth" generated out of ignorance shares no empathy for the poor. These republicans are animals, the lowest form of human society.
  • Max Nastic 2010/11/21 06:50:35
    Yes, The Republicans Care
    Max Nastic
    +2
    Hmmmm, do Republicans care about the poor and middleclass? I would say that based on recent elections, it is obvious, they do. The US is almost completely Red (Conservative, not Marxist, Che). Each time the Left tries to push more of the Socialist crap upon the US citizens, they reject it. You can't get a job from a poor person. You never will. The hand outs to the "poor" you mention almost equal the line you mention ($17000). SO even if you don't work for the entire cycle of benefits, youre living to the standard you set in your post. Add the tax breaks on someone who goes a year on unemployment and you might exceed that poverty line you claim is the point in which Republicans care. You mention that Republicans should start caring, "not just for those who were blessed with the opportunity to pursue a good paying career." WTF? That is all US citizens. The statement is very unclear as to what you mean.

Times are tough for everyone. Millions are facing the same problems. Money is usually involved to some degree. But even with millions facing foreclosures, unemployment, no healthcare and the overwhelming fear and depression that comes from each - the recent elections show a major push for a return to the conservative principles and a rejection of the socialist, marxsist ideolog...

Times are tough for everyone. Millions are facing the same problems. Money is usually involved to some degree. But even with millions facing foreclosures, unemployment, no healthcare and the overwhelming fear and depression that comes from each - the recent elections show a major push for a return to the conservative principles and a rejection of the socialist, marxsist ideology. And not just here.....all over the world.

Recent elections are proof that Americans believe the Republicans offer the best chance at moving toward the opportunity of those who want to work can and will. Republicans offer the best chance at pursuing the Life Liberty and pursuit of Happiness you are promised in America.

Republicans, if they stick to the principles of the Conservative party are the best opportunity to lift the "poor" up to the next level.
  • Che Gue... Max Nastic 2010/11/21 10:40:19
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +1
    The Republicans are trying to give a 700 billion dollar unfunded deficit increasing tax break to the richest 1% of Americans while the people they refuse to extend unemployment benefits. There is a difference between being fiscally conservative and just plain hateful and greedy. You should be ashamed.
    capitalist pyramidextend unemployment benefits difference fiscally conservative plain hateful greedy ashamed
  • socialm... Che Gue... 2010/11/22 08:19:38
    socialmedic
    +1
    Accurate imagery!
  • Max Nastic socialm... 2010/11/23 04:39:37
    Max Nastic
    Really? So what do you see?

the image is nothing more than a MAD Magazine rear page 'fold in'

What is so accurate about it?
  • Max Nastic Che Gue... 2010/11/23 04:34:37
    Max Nastic
    Ashamed? for what? AM I responsible for all the poor in the US? Damn, I am sorry. I didn't realize my little job kept the millions out of work fed and housed. I know you think I am evil because I am working for a living in which I hope to succeed and become wealthy. I realize that it makes you feel better as if you are better than me because you refuse to require a limit to 'forced charity'. I am not ashamed. I don't see it the same way you do.

quit twisting the reality of it - The Republicans are not against helping the unemployed. They just have a different way of going about doing it - by creating jobs. Try the "teach a man to fish" mentality.

Why hate the "rich" so much. The ideal of the Top 1% getting a break on taxes being the problem isn't holding water. It hasn't ever held water.
    Recent reports show that the Top 1% pay the same in taxes in total sum as the Bottom 90% plus. The Top 25% of taxpayers pay almost 4 out of every 5 dollars collected by the Government.

The most recent showed that the Top 10% pay 71% of all income taxes paid and the Top 50% pay 97%. The bottom 50% pay less than 3% of total taxes paid. The Bottom 10% pay nothing.
    How much is fair? ALL of it?

It amazes me that the only solution you have is to take more from those who have. Maybe if the ...

How much is fair? ALL of it?

It amazes me that the only solution you have is to take more from those who have. Maybe if the Left spent more time on other solutions they would have done better in the past 4 years. They did take control of the Government in 2006. They sure didn't fight very hard to get those taxes fixed before the election did they? {{{Punt}}} that's the sound of the Dems kicking the ball down the road.

Taking more from the rich isn't going to solve the problem of Obama outspending the collected tax dollars. The Left just can't stop spending. No matter how hard it gets, they just keep spending and spending. Where is the outrage now? When Bush was Prez the Left screamed daily about the spending. They blame Bush today for the debt. Yet Obama keeps adding to it and the Left demands more??

What is shameful is the fact that you won't condemn the Left for its Gluttony while you damn the Right for its Greed.
  • pj Max Nastic 2010/11/22 00:52:19
    pj
    Bravo!!! Many, many raves for you!
  • socialm... Max Nastic 2010/11/22 08:18:37
    socialmedic
    When in RECENT history has anyone pushed government ownership on ANY industry? Industries have proven over the last 30 years that they can not self-regulate. Even the high priest of de-regluation Greenspan admitted he was wrong and his de-reglulation of banking and other industries brought down, not only the USA economy but the WORLD economy. Get with the program moron. Government regulation is not the same thing as government ownership. And where there is no Government OWNERSHIP here is no socialism.
  • Max Nastic socialm... 2010/11/23 03:42:33 (edited)
    Max Nastic
    as for getting with the program - there is so much Government ownership right now it is ridiculous - wake up before someone owns you.
  • Cal ~ Pegleg4570 ~ 2010/11/21 02:57:09
    Yes, The Republicans Care
    Cal ~ Pegleg4570 ~
    Of course they do.
  • belle 2010/11/21 02:44:06
    Yes, The Republicans Care
    belle
    Why is it that you point out that just republicans should care. I don't see the demos caring. They choose not to pay taxes, they choose to screw up this country. The demos expect the republicans and all others to take care of the poor, what about alittle helping hand, I do not see the republicans responsible for all the things you claim. The demos jave been in control since 2006 and what have they done to improve this country. They have put us so far in debt even the rich will go under if they continue to spend money this country doesn't have now.
  • mark 1 2010/11/20 23:43:31
    Yes, The Republicans Care
    mark 1
    +2
    Republicans are the Middle Class on their way to poor. There is two classes for dems poor and politicians just the way the politicians want it. I think they call it social slavery. I will add not all Dems just the top sim city players.
  • psychobabe 2010/11/20 22:33:07
    No, The Republicans Don't Care
    psychobabe
    +1
    Not a chance
  • eyeballz 2010/11/20 21:55:40
    No, The Republicans Don't Care
    eyeballz
    +1
    It is also high time the republicans stopped being so greedy and expecting people collecting welfare to contribute something for their free ride.
  • DouglasSignorovitch 2010/11/20 17:13:47
    Yes, The Republicans Care
    DouglasSignorovitch
    +3
    I think its the democrates that give people getting handouts and the republicans give them getting jobs.
  • socialm... Douglas... 2010/11/22 08:21:42
    socialmedic
    +1
    I think democrats who have been giving freely of their time performing social services like educating republican children should start charging them out the ass for them.
  • Douglas... socialm... 2010/11/22 11:48:22
    DouglasSignorovitch
    Now you see this is going to be hard to do, Becouse no one would ever wount a democrate near there kids. They tried that before they called themselfs the Khemr Rouge.
  • Che Gue... Douglas... 2010/11/22 13:45:51
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +1
    Do you have anything intelligent to add ?
  • Douglas... Che Gue... 2010/11/22 14:10:10
    DouglasSignorovitch
    No whats the mind twisting democrats around there kids anyway. So run along che-how was no hero I think you brainwashing class has started
  • Che Gue... socialm... 2010/11/22 11:49:45
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +1
    Thats a great idea. lol
  • BelieverofTruth 2010/11/20 17:01:24
    No, The Republicans Don't Care
    BelieverofTruth
    +4
    All they care about is how much money they have!
  • Sissy Believe... 2010/11/22 13:50:02
    Sissy
    AND Believer, to keep it all to themselves. You just pull your own self up by your boots fella, even if you have no boots!
  • Chris -... Believe... 2010/11/22 16:08:04
  • DanaR 2010/11/20 16:56:08
  • socialm... DanaR 2010/11/22 08:25:22
    socialmedic
    I have student loans but it is not the government that made these loans dangerous, it was GEORGE WALKER BUSH who PRIVATIZED them. So I have to ask, if HARD WORK and the nations best talent is valued by this nation why are the ones who are not born to rich families FINED and PUNISHED with Hefty loans that take a lifetime to repay. Obviously it is not meant by the rich for the talented children of the poor to succeed at ANYTHING. The rich HATE competition.
  • Lee The... socialm... 2010/11/22 13:14:48
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    +1
    When was the last time you were given a job by a poor person? People that hate the rich are just jealous!
  • DanaR socialm... 2010/11/22 16:22:41
  • Lee The Hybrid Snowflake 2010/11/20 15:54:19
    Yes, The Republicans Care
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    +4
    They care as much as Democrats. I recently had a friend apply for assistance because her husband died and she did not have a job and needed to feed her children, they denied her because she owns a house. So let me see you need to sell your house to get assistance? Really? The welfare system is broken! This person has paid her taxes and needs help and can't get it! I hope her children aren't too hungry before the house is sold!
  • socialm... Lee The... 2010/11/22 08:26:44
    socialmedic
    That is because some stupid republican wrote that in, just like the obstuctionists who have tried to block everything Obama has tried to accomplish with stupid rules just like THAT one.
  • Lee The... socialm... 2010/11/22 13:13:11
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    You defending him tells me you're a moron! What happened to hope and change? Theres none of that here just all you blind followers pretending this country is going in a different direction. WAKE UP!
  • Bill in Niantic 2010/11/20 14:52:45
    Yes, The Republicans Care
    Bill in Niantic
    +4
    You think the Progressive Party really gives a crap?

If you do, you're an IDIOT!
  • DanaR Bill in... 2010/11/20 16:56:57
  • socialm... DanaR 2010/11/22 08:28:21
  • DanaR socialm... 2010/11/22 16:23:02

2014/07/29 16:51:03