Do only UNION WORKERS have a right to provide for their families? Obama Attacks Right-to-Work States

marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS 2012/04/30 21:40:08
Only UNION workers have a right to provide for their families.
This is AMERICA and EVERY CITIZEN has the right to work.
I support the UNIONS who are for open borders.

Obama Attacks Right-to-Work States

President Obama attacked right-to-work states Monday in a speech to
the AFL-CIO’s Building and Construction Trades Department Legislative
Conference, saying the measures are political and “not about economics.”

“I believe when folks try and take collective bargaining rights away
by passing so-called ‘right to work’ laws that might also be called
‘right to work for less’ laws, that’s not about economics,” Obama said.
“That’s about politics.”

In February, Indiana became the 23rd right-to-work state, and the first Rust Belt state. Polling at the time showed a majority of registered Ohio voters said they would support right-to-work measures.

The Democratic Party has also run into difficulties in North
Carolina, the least unionized state in the country and the site of the
2012 Democratic National Convention. A number of local businesses have claimed they were denied work because of their non-union status; the convention mandated union-labor be maximized with respect to convention work.

Read More: http://freebeacon.com/obama-attacks-right-to-work-...

+10
    "Collective bargaining" should not give the union the right to shut out those who prefer to do without them.

• Larson Whipsnade 2012/05/05 00:42:02
    Larson Whipsnade
    +3
    Unions are full of corruption. their history is rife with convictions of fraud, embezzlement, murder, and deciet. When you pay union dues, you are only giving you money to someone who does not work for you, does not care about you, and is only getting rich off exploiting you. Union bosses extort millions from businesses and workers alike, and give nothing back but broken promises.
  • No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2012/05/02 18:52:25
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +2
    There was a time, years ago, that unions were needed and did a great service for the
    people, but their greed and lust for power has made them a burden upon society and a threat to the American Way of life. City and state governments are going bankrupt trying
    to pay for benefits; the educational system has failed our youth because the unions
    protect incompetent teachers and sometimes those who have violated children. The
    demands upon employers has forced the manufactorers to move overseas in some
    cases.
  • beavith1 2012/05/01 20:57:20
    beavith1
    +2
    of course. he has to support his thuggee...
  • ray 2012/05/01 19:51:35
    ray
    +3
    Remember Sadam Hussien"s Bath party ?
    Hussien Obama's Party wants at least that much control.
    Only party members allowed to work .

Obama just never understood what it means to be an American.
  • JanHopkins 2012/05/01 15:30:24
    JanHopkins
    +5
    In my line of work when the economy dumped most of the union factories closed their doors and sold out. I was fortunate to work in a non union shop with really great leaders at the helm. We managed ( just barely ) to survive. The only reason I have a job today is because we were non union.
  • marcuss... JanHopkins 2012/05/01 19:49:53
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    +3
    Same here we had 93 employees now I am 1 of 4.
  • Old Soldier 2012/05/01 14:55:32
    Old Soldier
    +5
    Sadly, the Unions have turned tyrannical through government supervision. This is why I can’t fully support unions. In my view, the Unions drive up inflation at a greater rate than banks. Consider all the “good” they have done;

Unions have helped the manufacturers to raise the price of their products to a level that strains the economy. In 1970, my dad bought a brand new GMC truck for 2070 dollars, and that included the tag and tax. What do you pay for a vehicle today?

Unions have made it possible for manufacturers to pass their tax payments to the consumer to pay. Again, this in mainly in the auto industry, but can be found to a certain extent in all union shops across the country.

I could go on and on, but what is the use? Most Union workers love the benefits of tranny. However, look at the benefit mess in California, this situation will soon rear its head everywhere.
    AND I SUPPORT UNIONS!!!!!!!
  • marcuss... Lady Wh... 2012/05/01 19:50:46
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    +2
    Do you also support the NON UNION worker?
  • Lady Wh... marcuss... 2012/05/01 20:45:37
    Yes... but I DO NOT believe in destroying unions!
  • Getting... Lady Wh... 2012/05/02 02:15:06
    GettingBarried
    +1
    Who do public unions compete against?
  • Plantgypc 2012/05/01 12:12:15
    Plantgypc
    +5
    He lost SC in 2008 and will loose it again in 2012, guess what we are a right to work state.
  • jimmy Plantgypc 2012/05/01 13:08:30
    jimmy
    +5
    hopefully he'll loose fla., we are a RIGHT TO WORK STATE. THE HELL WITH UNIONS
  • Mrs. maggot 2012/05/01 12:03:04
    Mrs. maggot
    +4
    The divider in chief is doing what he does best.....stirring the s#it pot.
  • Al C. 2012/05/01 09:56:47
    Al C.
    +3
    Thats because he's a socialist plain and simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Iamfree 2012/05/01 06:58:42
    Iamfree
    +6
    The very idea that some states force workers to join unions in order to work in certain industries seems completely opposed to the Constitution in my opinion. It is a direct assault on freedom.
  • Old Sol... Iamfree 2012/05/01 15:06:39 (edited)
    Old Soldier
    +4
    Tyranny at its finest. Just what the states needs, according to the government, not just Obama. Obama is just a govenment mouth piece. Remember that when you vote, Congress is supposed to control the President, we need one that will do that in the proper way.
  • Iamfree Old Sol... 2012/05/02 21:25:48
    Iamfree
    +3
    Well said!
  • Old Sol... Iamfree 2012/05/03 17:56:09 (edited)
    Old Soldier
    +1
    It is said Obama writes executive orders, however, people don't seem to know that Congress has the power to over ride those orders.

Note what is said; Article 1: Section 1; "All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States"

Now, Article 2: Section 1, says; The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America.

It should be noted that legislative Powers always trumps executive Powers.
  • redhorse29 2012/05/01 06:43:46
    redhorse29
    +1
    Don't forget, the right to work also includes the right to quit working for a company that no longer meets our need. Just the same a company and hire or terminate people as defined within the law. All employees are given the same relative salary, benefits and protections under specified labor laws and regulation.
  • USAF Vet 2012/05/01 06:01:29
    USAF Vet
    +2
    Unions have been on auto-destruct since the post-Viet Nam era, and they know it; ask any Hostess 'evil' coorporation-soon-to-be-unemp... union worker.
  • Cyan9 2012/05/01 05:11:24
    Cyan9
    +2
    I don't really think the majority of the posters here understand right to work laws. If so it would be glaringly obvious how these laws have nothing to do with protecting employees.
  • JULIE Cyan9 2012/05/01 15:19:30
    JULIE
    +1
    It gives the employer the right to do as they please! And anyone in business knows these corporations for the most part will take full advantage
  • ray JULIE 2012/05/01 19:57:31
    ray
    +2
    Union shops are for the purpose of shackling the liberty of the workers .
    Allowing the Union fat cats to line their own pockets at the expense of the drones.
    Company bosses and union bosses make Deals , then nobody is allowed to work at all that doesn't kneel down to the union bosses.
  • JULIE ray 2012/05/04 01:47:20
    JULIE
    You are going to need knee pads without the unions
  • ray JULIE 2012/05/04 11:57:36
    ray
    +2
    Either that or talent , skill and confidence in one's abiltiy.
    Having never been willing to indenture servitude or kiss the union boss's ring.
    I chose to rely on talent and ability and negotiate my own terms.
    As for the rest , knee pad the union owners who will sell you to the companies.
  • JULIE ray 2012/05/04 22:57:37
    JULIE
    Ray,
    Ive worked in the private sector all my life & I am very talented at what I do, thank god most of my pay is commission based, so I make a descent living.
    However, don't pretend I'm some untalented retard because I have to take Sh_t at work and do the work of 4 people, because theirs no one to stop it in a right to work state and I like feeding my family!
  • ray JULIE 2012/05/04 23:37:30
  • marcuss... JULIE 2012/05/04 14:36:19
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    +1
    I never was in the union and the company I work for bases employees pay on performance. If you are a hard worker and accomplish the jobs you are assigned not only do you get paid well you get performance bonuses. People who care about the company usually end up making a good living. Why should my hard work benefit the lazy.
  • JULIE marcuss... 2012/05/04 22:59:46
    JULIE
    I wish everyone worked at a fair company like you do!
  • Lady Wh... JULIE 2012/05/01 20:46:08
    +1
    AGREED
  • Old Sol... JULIE 2012/05/03 18:06:42
    Old Soldier
    +1
    And the flip side, sadly is; Unions gives the workers the right to do as they please! And anyone in business knows that union workers, for the most part, will take full advantage of the work situation.
  • ray Cyan9 2012/05/01 19:54:50
    ray
    +1
    Right to work laws aren't intended to protect workers .
    They are intended to protect liberty and freedom
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2012/05/01 04:57:50
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +5
    A Citizen in any state should have the right to choose work as member of a union or as a private individual no matter what industry!

A Millionaire Elitist Socialist Academic like Barack Obama needs unions to support him! Lol I am very sure the vendors that General Motors screwed out of money owed for products & services delivered are not!
  • Old Sol... littleb... 2012/05/03 18:18:57
    Old Soldier
    +2
    Unions came into existence to secure fair work laws, such as 40 hour work weeks, consisting of 8 hour work days, which did become law, and for minimum wage laws, which are also in effect today. The reason for Unions was because of 12 to 16 hour work days with very little pay compensation. The reason for their creation has been met; time to turn the Unions out.
  • littleb... Old Sol... 2012/05/03 21:43:03
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +2
    I agree, and the 1st step is to give a choice to someone in a specific workplace to either join or not. And not with the idea that if you do not want to join the union collects the dues anyway!
  • Old Sol... littleb... 2012/05/04 02:02:01 (edited)
    Old Soldier
    I hear you, but the Union worker? They care less that their 25 dollar an hour wage makes you pay 28 to 30 thousand for a truck that 40 years ago cost $2070.00 counting tax and tag. I remember those days when I was in Nam, and dad bought a new GMC pickup.
  • John James 2012/05/01 04:49:34
    John James
    +3
    Right to work states are the way to go
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/05/01 04:06:02
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +4
    This president has not spoken for me even one time during the past three plus years. Everything he does is contrary to popular and logical opinion. Isn't he supposed to represent all of us? He never listens to what we have to say and he doesn't care what we think. I find that very strange. As someone who has directed a pool of employees, I tried to keep everyone happy. Not just the people that I liked! And I DID care that everyone's needs were being met. It seemed like a natural thing to do. Why does
    obama hate us?
  • john Kills 2012/05/01 04:04:00
    john Kills
    +1
    Barry is attacking everything American.

2014/08/29 05:31:07