Do Muslims study Christ?

Dani Votes for Dan 2009/06/05 23:27:39
Yes.  Jesus is a prophet in the Quran.
No. The Quran does not teach of Christ.
Click on media picture for the video.

• JivinGene 2009/06/05 23:30:31
    Yes. Jesus is a prophet in the Quran.
    JivinGene
    +6
    Muslims have great respect for the prophet Jesus as well as other prophets. As said in the following verses;

(Say ye: we believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) Prophets from their Lord: we make no difference between one and another of them: and we bow to Allah (in Islam).) (Al-Baqarah 2: 136)

• poprux789 2009/08/04 14:14:29
    Yes. Jesus is a prophet in the Quran.
    poprux789
    YES THAT IS TRUE
  • Edward 2009/07/26 18:59:09
    No. The Quran does not teach of Christ.
    Edward
    just death to americans,kill as many as you can
  • Dani Vo... Edward 2009/07/26 22:25:11
    Dani Votes for Dan
    I'm sorry you feel that way. Thanks for posting.
  • Dr Nassef Edward 2012/03/11 13:07:55
    Dr Nassef
    if we realy want to kill americans. then how come you are still living till now?
  • Faariha 2009/07/19 17:16:37
    Yes. Jesus is a prophet in the Quran.
    Faariha
    +1
    I'm a Muslim, and yeah I do study about Jesus and believe in Him as one of the Muslims' prophets. FYI, there are 25 prophets all together.
  • Dani Vo... Faariha 2009/07/20 23:19:50
    Dani Votes for Dan
    Thank you Music!
  • Faariha Dani Vo... 2009/07/21 19:25:44
    Faariha
    +1
    You're welcome! Oh and, my name is Nik (I'm a girl). Er, are you a Christian?
  • Dani Vo... Faariha 2009/07/21 20:40:56
    Dani Votes for Dan
    Hi, Nik! Nice to meet you. I don't subscribe to any particular religion. ; ) I think they all have many good lessons to teach.
  • Riki 2009/06/29 20:18:38
    Riki
    +2
    I don't think anyone can talk for Muslims as a whole.
  • Dani Vo... Riki 2009/06/29 21:28:11
    Dani Votes for Dan
    +1
    Christ is a prophet in the Quran. Mother Mary is mentioned more often in the Quran than she is in the Christian Bible.
  • Riki Dani Vo... 2009/06/29 21:42:17 (edited)
    Riki
    +1
    Rape, murder and incest are taught in the Bible far more frequently than the "abomination" of homosexuality, yet hardly any Christians follow the first and are very quick to agree with the latter. Amount and content don't matter across the board.
  • Dani Vo... Riki 2009/06/29 22:32:10 (edited)
    Dani Votes for Dan
    +1
    The question was *do Muslims Study Christ. All of the Muslims I know have told me that they are taught that Christ was a prophet. Just bringing awareness to the topic, that's all.

Seems like you are trying to pick a fight here. Not really sure why.
  • Riki Dani Vo... 2009/06/29 22:56:05
    Riki
    +1
    No, I merely said that you can't speak for a religion as a whole.

You actually commented on my statement.
  • Dani Votes for Dan 2009/06/06 09:11:41
    Yes. Jesus is a prophet in the Quran.
    Dani Votes for Dan
    ...and he may have had children.
  • alazyangel 2009/06/06 00:39:18
    Yes. Jesus is a prophet in the Quran.
    alazyangel
    +2
    (I was told recently by a Catholic, that Mary is actually mentioned more times in the Qur'an than she is in the Bible.
  • Dani Vo... alazyangel 2009/06/06 00:57:50
    Dani Votes for Dan
    +2
    I have heard that too. It is ironic how so many focus on differences to justify their hate when we could focus on similarities instead.
  • alazyangel Dani Vo... 2009/06/06 05:09:56
    alazyangel
    +1
    Amen~ :)
  • FATEEN Dani Vo... 2009/09/03 00:39:35
    FATEEN
    The first to help the Muslims where Christians in Ethiopia. There was a righteous Christian king who gave them refuge and after hearing verses from the Quran concerning Jesus (peace be upon him) they cried. He the king drew a line on in the sand and said the difference between us and you is as thin as this line.

Thank you for taking note of that.
  • FATEEN alazyangel 2009/09/22 00:31:59
    FATEEN
    your rught on the money on that one. There is a chapter called Mary. Actually there are verses that describe the birth of Mary.
  • Margo 2009/06/05 23:43:12
    Yes. Jesus is a prophet in the Quran.
    Margo
    +2
    Jesus is a revered figure in Islam. He's just not the son of god. Here's the way the Children of Abraham work.

Judaism: Before Jesus
    Christianity: Is Jesus
    Islam: After Jesus.

Three parts of the same story, beginning, middle, and end.
  • Dani Vo... Margo 2009/06/05 23:54:03 (edited)
    Dani Votes for Dan
    Do *you happen to know what Buddhists believe about the children of Abraham?
  • Margo Dani Vo... 2009/06/06 00:07:19
    Margo
    +1
    Nope. Sorry.
  • Dani Vo... Margo 2009/06/06 00:12:30
    Dani Votes for Dan
    Thanks for your input, Margo.
  • NotWithoutAFight 2009/06/05 23:41:58
    NotWithoutAFight
    +1
    http://www.ccg.org/english/s/...

I've studied Christian and Jewish religion primarily. I have recently been delving into the Islamic religion. What I have found is the Koran (Quran) is kind of hard to follow (for me) because it isn't a linear timeline text. Perhaps I am saying it badly - but the whole needs to be studied to get the full meaning and parallel to Christianity.

I hope I am not skewering what I have found so far - as I said I'm new to this particular study.

The article above was quite interesting. You may find it useful.

Here is another - http://www.answering-islam.or...

Excellent and thoughtful question. Fascinating subject.
  • Dani Vo... NotWith... 2009/06/05 23:57:28
    Dani Votes for Dan
    +3
    Thank you. Have you ever read Gilgamesh? I have not studied the Quran, but from what I understand the formats are somewhat similar. The ancients were fond of the nonlinear format in writing and in music and I believe that tradition crossed over into the Quran.

Gilgamesh is said to be the oldest living document, even older than the old testament.

music tradition crossed quran gilgamesh oldest living document older testament
  • NotWith... Dani Vo... 2009/06/06 00:00:46
    NotWithoutAFight
    +1
    I've not read it in entirety - only excerpts and that was a long time ago. Thank you for bringing it up. You've peaked my interest in it - I'll have to do some reading.
  • Dani Vo... NotWith... 2009/06/06 00:13:35
    Dani Votes for Dan
    +1
    Last I checked it was like $1.50 on half.com plus shipping ($3.99 i think).

Thanks for stopping by to answer and share.
  • Dr Nassef NotWith... 2012/03/11 13:39:11
    Dr Nassef
    i think if you get a book the tells you the situation every verse of the Quran was sent in. it would be easer to you to understand. The difference between Quean and other books is that its verses was sent one by one in certain situations to solve problems and to train Muslims to do what GOD wants bet by bet.

For example when GOD wanted Muslims to stop drink alcohol HE first told them not to drink it at the time of prayers ( five times in the day) so they use to drink before sleeping only then the order came to stop it completely.

Also the verses that GOD told them at the time of war when the unbelievers wanted to kill them all if you don't know when and why these verses was sent. You well apply them on all non Muslim humans which is wrong (as some do to build hatred)

I hope there are books like that in your place. It would be very helpful.
    GOD bless you….
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2009/06/05 23:37:31
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +2
    Some may, some may not.
  • Dani Vo... Dave Sa... 2009/06/05 23:42:12
    Dani Votes for Dan
    +1
    Thanks for your input.
  • Zuggi 2009/06/05 23:33:32
    Yes. Jesus is a prophet in the Quran.
    Zuggi
    +2
    In short, Islamic belief is that God had a series of prophets that started out from the Jewish ones. Jesus was the second to last prophet, and Muhammad was the last.
  • Dani Vo... Zuggi 2009/06/05 23:41:46
    Dani Votes for Dan
    +1
    25 prophets, is it?

Do Muslims celebrate Christmas?
  • Zuggi Dani Vo... 2009/06/05 23:52:22
    Zuggi
    +1
    No, they don't. Partially because they have a different calendar (it's lunar instead of solar) and partially because they don't even celebrate Muhammad's birthday, iirc.
  • Jackson Zuggi 2009/06/05 23:56:14
    Jackson
    Muslims believe in a prophet Mohammad that sexually abused a young child at 9 years old. This religious cult is all about violence.
  • Dani Vo... Jackson 2009/06/06 00:17:25
    Dani Votes for Dan
    ...oh, boy...

The post was supposed to promote peace and understanding, not hanger. Could you share the scripture that supports your statement?
  • Jackson Dani Vo... 2009/06/06 13:20:18
    Jackson
    Scripture for what violence? There are so many
  • Dani Vo... Jackson 2009/06/06 20:05:17
    Dani Votes for Dan
    That Mohammad was a pedophile as you say. I appreciate people backing up their comments with some sort of evidence.
  • Dani Vo... Jackson 2009/06/29 21:29:52
    Dani Votes for Dan
    The scripture that supports your statement that Muhammad molested a 9 year old.
  • Jackson Dani Vo... 2009/06/30 16:04:25
    Jackson
    Narrated Aisha: The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.

Sahih Bukhari 5:58:234
  • Dani Vo... Jackson 2009/06/30 21:49:57
    Dani Votes for Dan
    Thanks for the scripture. Although it doesn't say to me that anything other than marriage happened. It doesn't say that they consumated or that it was Muhammed.

We mustn't throw stones.

From the Bible:
    Numbers 31:17-18 "Now kill all the boys [innocent kids]. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man."

Also, I don't take any religious text in the literal sense. All of them are so open to interpretation that it gives us over 20,000 denominations of the Christian religion.

2014/04/18 08:11:05