Do Liberals study history??

☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!! 2012/11/18 07:45:47
Yes, they know it well!!
No, they are clueless about it!!
I mean really apparently they don't they don't remember how Communism, Nazisism, Fascism came to being!! They just blindly follow a leader that apparently is going to drive us off the cliff!! Do they recognize that history repeats itself and humans make the same mistake over and over!! I mean the Libs are gloating about Obama winning but when I address the tax increase and the national debt, they just dance around it!! I mean do these folks care or do they just believe everything the Lame Stream News media tells them?? Do Liberals study history??

• Zach055 2014/01/15 06:23:32
    No, they are clueless about it!!
    Zach055
    ☭ ★
  • dogmeatib 2013/01/28 02:39:57
    Yes, they know it well!!
    dogmeatib
    +1
    Actually the majority of historians are liberal in political leaning.

Regarding the specific arguments you make:

1) Given that 4 million fewer people voted for Obama vs. an additional million who voted for Romney than voted for McCain, I'd say "blindly following a leader is unfounded. In addition, Obama is a rather mediocre, slightly right of center politician, comparing him to either far right-wing fascists (Nazis) or far left-wing communists is rather hyperbolic.

2) I haven't seen much gloating by liberals, more sighs of relief. Again, they generally aren't thrilled about supporting a guy who would have been a Republican 30-40 years ago, but they do prefer him over the guy whose budget would have increased the deficits and the debt all the while cutting programs that liberals tend to care about.

3) Blaming liberals for the debt is roughly akin to blaming the pig when the chicken coop is raided. Bush ran up nearly 7 trillion dollars in debt from '01 to '09 (his last budget), prior to that, 3.9 trillion of the 5.7 trillion in debt came from Reagan and Bush(41). In the last four years we've seen the deficit decline despite the massive spending that Obama is saddled with (the '11 budget deficit included 65% spending by Obama's predecessors, the '12 budget deficit include...

3) Blaming liberals for the debt is roughly akin to blaming the pig when the chicken coop is raided. Bush ran up nearly 7 trillion dollars in debt from '01 to '09 (his last budget), prior to that, 3.9 trillion of the 5.7 trillion in debt came from Reagan and Bush(41). In the last four years we've seen the deficit decline despite the massive spending that Obama is saddled with (the '11 budget deficit included 65% spending by Obama's predecessors, the '12 budget deficit included 80% spending by prior administrations). You may want to look at the overall budget process prior to blaming Obama for the spending. For the '13 budget congress actually increased the proposed budget by $70 billion.
  • NECHOII 2012/12/05 03:05:45
    Yes, they know it well!!
    NECHOII
    +1
    i found the three videos below VERY VERY ENTERTAINING INDEED ! DO A FOURTH ONE !!!!! The HYPER INFLATION that ZIMBABWE 's CRACKPOT DICTATOR ROBERT MUGABE CAUSED WITH HIS RUINOUS ECONOMIC POLICES ( SEIZING WHITE OWNED FARMS and REPLACING THEM WITH BLACK OWNERS WHO DIDN'T KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT FARMING ! ) BUT HEY, BOBBY MUGABE MADE EVERY MAN WOMAN AND CHILD IN ZIMBABWE A MILLIONAIRE ! SO LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE !! LOL !!!!!
  • Charles E 2012/12/03 02:41:11
    Charles E
    +1
    They are too busy rewriting history to bother with anything that really happened.
  • MsDianna 2012/12/01 23:25:34
    No, they are clueless about it!!
    MsDianna
    +1
    I believe they are clueless about how many of us feel about this country and our love for it. And I believe they know the law well and they are going to try to tear us all apart. But praise be to JESUS! I love America! This is still a mighty land!
  • COCO 2012/12/01 21:27:09
    No, they are clueless about it!!
    COCO
    +2
    No,but they like to re-write it to their convenience.
  • robert 2012/11/28 03:15:33
    No, they are clueless about it!!
    robert
    +4
    They are only concerned with their selfish need to live off someone elses labors!
  • COCO robert 2012/12/01 21:32:53
    COCO
    +4
    Excellent.
  • Bryn 2012/11/28 03:03:03
    Bryn
    +6
    They write their own history and try to shove down every Americans throat. Unbeknownst to them is that many of us know the true history before they began to rewrite it!

Such idiots they are!

They've spewed such lies so often and so much, they even believe it! They are nothing but morons.
  • COCO Bryn 2012/12/01 21:33:22
  • Bryn COCO 2012/12/02 23:45:26
  • NECHOII Bryn 2012/12/04 05:40:49
    NECHOII
    WHAT ?! Give me an example of " LIBERAL HISTORY " and your " TRUE HISTORY" for say, the WAR OF 1812.
  • Bryn NECHOII 2012/12/04 07:21:29
  • NECHOII Bryn 2012/12/05 00:17:19
    NECHOII
    BRYN : I would NEVER do such an awful thing !!!!!! Tell you what. I will NO LONGER answer any of your comments unless you specifically ask me too. Even though we disagree on the issues, I always want you to WELCOME my comments to you. What I post to you is what I SINCERELY believe to be in yours and ALL AMERICAN'S BEST INTERESTS. So please RELAX as you have NOTHING to worry about from me..
  • ☆The Ro... NECHOII 2012/12/05 02:57:44
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    I think the lady want you to leave her alone? Do you get the hint or are you going too continue??
  • andy15554 2012/11/27 12:44:53
    No, they are clueless about it!!
    andy15554
    +2
    Founding Fathers on Charity, Wealth Redistribution, and Federal Govt. Our country was founded on self reliance not government charity (ie: stealing from one to give benefit to another)

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.”
    -Benjamin Franklin

“To take from one, because it is thought his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, the guarantee to everyone the free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it.”
    -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Joseph Milligan, April 6, 1816

“A wise and frugal government … shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.”
    -Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1801

“Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated.”
    -Thomas Jefferson

“When all government, domestic and foreign, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as ...

-Benjamin Franklin

-Thomas Jefferson

“When all government, domestic and foreign, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated.”
    -Thomas Jefferson to Charles Hammond, 1821. The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, (Memorial Edition) Lipscomb and Bergh, editors, ME 15:332

“The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.”
    -Thomas Jefferson, letter to E. Carrington, May 27, 1788

“The moment the idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence. If ‘Thou shalt not covet’ and ‘Thou shalt not steal’ were not commandments of Heaven, they must be made inviolable precepts in every society before it can be civilized or made free.”
    -John Adams, A Defense of the Constitutions of Government of the United States of America, 1787

James Madison, the Father of the Constitution, elaborated upon this limitation in a letter to James Robertson:
    “With respect to the two words ‘general welfare,’ I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators.”

In 1794, when Congress appropriated $15,000 for relief of French refugees who fled from insurrection in San Domingo to Baltimore and Philadelphia, James Madison stood on the floor of the House to object saying, “I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.”
    -James Madison, 4 Annals of congress 179 (1794)

“…[T]he government of the United States is a definite government, confined to specified objects. It is not like the state governments, whose powers are more general. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the government.”
    -James Madison

“If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the general welfare, the government is no longer a limited one possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one subject to particular exceptions.” James Madison, “Letter to Edmund Pendleton,”
    -James Madison, January 21, 1792, in The Papers of James Madison, vol. 14, Robert A Rutland et. al., ed (Charlottesvile: University Press of Virginia,1984).

“An elective despotism was not the government we fought for; but one in which the powers of government should be so divided and balanced among the several bodies of magistracy as that no one could transcend their legal limits without being effectually checked and restrained by the others.”
    -James Madison, Federalist No. 58, February 20, 1788

“There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.”
    -James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788
  • Mopheadmusic2000 2012/11/25 00:44:42
    No, they are clueless about it!!
    Mopheadmusic2000
    +3
    While they do not study history, it is apparent that they do TRY to write it. Or re-write.
  • Charles E Mophead... 2012/12/03 02:43:49
    Charles E
    Mostly rewrite. Only the names are (usually) accurate.
  • E. Norma Stits 2012/11/22 04:33:14 (edited)
    No, they are clueless about it!!
    E. Norma Stits
    +5
    Liberals aren't much good at studying anything. Studying is hard work and liberals hate anything that doesn't come free and easy.
  • dogmeatib E. Norm... 2013/01/28 02:44:31
    dogmeatib
    +1
    So how does that work when universities are "bastions of liberalism?" If they don't study and avoid hard work, how do so many of them obtain PhD's?
  • seadog6608PWCM 2012/11/21 14:31:54
  • nails 2012/11/21 05:07:17 (edited)
    nails
    +4
    Concerning them! What kind of History.Lets not forget their Lord and master told them
    that 'History started with him'.
  • Kirby nails 2012/11/25 22:34:38
    Kirby
    +2
    now liberals think history is being changed so basically people are saying kids should not go to school be a dropout and be nothing in life this means that everything is changed they wouldn't just change history.....GOD I want Civil War Il to really come its repeating history but its for the good of the country no one can knock common sense in these criminals... I'm done with this site I am basically just waiting for this war I know that will come sooner or later
  • nails Kirby 2012/11/26 01:34:26
    nails
    +3
    First off,hang around with those of us who know where your coming from.It might not seem it at times, but don't let that fool you.We can see through them.As far as they are
    concerned.If you cannot measure up,others must measure down.Ya see some of them only have an attention span of 3 ft.to maybe 4 ft.They cannot measure up.to the task
    given them.And that's a blemish on you for being better at a certain job.Yeah,their
    disgusting,but they wont last forever.We are the Winner's in the end.And I've a feeling,
    with the one who has been here since the begging of time sitting in our WH while
    watching day after day the slaughter of an entire continent. Muslim brotherhood! And
    dear leader OB washes his hands and say's it's an Arab spring.Their are those among
    us who believe he know's every move he make's is deliberty planned.So hang around.
  • Kirby nails 2012/11/26 02:01:32 (edited)
    Kirby
    +1
    I want to hang around with those that know me but I cannot no longer get along with a liberal after Obama I was around for Clinton had no problem why do they think alot of people have a problem with Obama?
  • nails Kirby 2012/11/26 02:37:35
    nails
    +1
    Your asking me for my take on the situation at hand.My answer is Bill Clinton
    moved to the center.That benefited all American's.Obamas vision is one sided.
    Don't tell me your not familiar with his,Them -They ,routine! Refering to you and me.Hang in my man.
  • Kirby nails 2012/11/26 02:39:35
    Kirby
    +2
    actually I do not know much about history as my liberal state did not give me a good education my mom is who taught me the history
  • nails Kirby 2012/11/26 02:54:01
    nails
    +2
    Hang in buddy.Your in good company.If I can help you with some American history,let me know.I will do what I can.
  • Kirby nails 2012/11/26 02:59:26 (edited)
    Kirby
    +2
    thanks nails =D you are the best
    nails just randomly blocks people o.O
    Yes, they know it well!!
    +4
    They just like to twist it.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/11/20 16:28:40
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +2
    Many of them read the History, but either think that it can not happen here or they want socialism and actually say that it is good. Most them Deny the fact that a segment of the population have been made dependent on the government and therefor slaves top the government.
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/11/20 10:40:34
  • Boilermaker 2012/11/20 04:03:41
    No, they are clueless about it!!
    Boilermaker
    +5
    More concerned with His story and Her story.

Besides, they don't study, just put a funnel in their ear and pour the Drano in.
  • ronbo51 2012/11/20 01:46:48 (edited)
    ronbo51
    +2
    cheese in can

NO!. But they eat lots of this ~~maybe source of their brain farts????
  • Chibi Guru Z 2012/11/20 01:13:19
    Chibi Guru Z
    +2
    Actually, I see this country as being more on the road to 1861 than 1932.

Deeply divided...full of polarized people who can't stand each other.
  • Bibliophilic 2012/11/19 22:41:33 (edited)
    Yes, they know it well!!
    Bibliophilic
    +1
    Most history teachers are progressive.

Fascism is not 'liberal' and neither is socialism or nazism necessarily 'liberal'. This also has nothing to do with Obama.

the right side of history

the right side of history
  • ☆The Ro... Bibliop... 2012/11/19 23:22:51
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +7
    LOL and that is why the public school system is so dumbed down??
  • COCO ☆The Ro... 2012/12/01 21:34:13
    COCO
    +2
    I know,just ask dumb California kids.
  • dogmeatib ☆The Ro... 2013/01/28 02:47:13
    dogmeatib
    Actually it's because conservatives consistently cut the education budgets. Simple axiom, "you get what you pay for."
  • ☆The Ro... dogmeatib 2013/01/28 03:15:10
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    How of the Department of Education?? The federal government has too much power!!

2014/04/24 19:48:57