Do Illegal Hispanic Immigrants Want To Become Americans Or Simply Want To Live In America?

Mr. Rock "n" Roll 2011/09/26 13:08:55
They Truly Want To Become American Citizens
They Just Want To Live In America
They ______________

• keymanjim 2011/09/26 13:41:09
    They ______________
    keymanjim
    +5
    They want to establish their own country of 'aztlan' using the states purchased from Mexico fair and square.

aztlan

When 1/3 of an entire country's population resides within your borders, that's not an immigration problem.
    THAT'S AN INVASION!

• Paloma 2011/11/17 05:46:11
    They ______________
    Paloma
    +1
    A lot of them go to America to get a good job in order to provide for their families.
  • Mr. Roc... Paloma 2011/11/17 13:36:14
    Mr. Rock "n" Roll
    +1
    Then they should become American Citizens, not be in this country illegally!
  • Paloma Mr. Roc... 2011/11/18 00:32:41
    Paloma
    +1
    I know they should. I honestly don't understand the point of moving to America if you're not going to become a citizen. However, a lot of hispanics actually do try to gain citizenship but it's a process that takes time.
  • Dmcromance 2011/11/16 22:40:20 (edited)
    They ______________
    Dmcromance
    +1
    Neither. They want to gain Freedom. Something that Mexico is lacking compare to Amerca. Where else would ANY IMMAGRANT want to go if they leave an unfree country to gain Freedom? Duh. Amercia.

And I think that the questions should not have asked "Illegal Hispanic Immagrants". I think it should have asked about "Mexican Immagrants" or "Immigrants". They are only illiegal if they have come to the country ILLEGALLY! Otherwise they are immagrants. And not all of them are Mexican for crying out loud. There is a border everywhere around America. The Irish or British can be considered ILLEGAL IMMAGRANTS IF THEY COME HERE WITHOUT A GREEN CARD! Or the Canadians. Lets think a bit before discussing such topics. >;(

Yeah, I am Mexican btw. 3/4 Mexican. 1/4 White. I was born and raised in Orange County, California and am very proud. I am sure some would have never guessed by the way I state my comments. Some would probably disagree with what I said just to make themselves sound as if their thoughts on me were different. Ignorance is a common trait.
  • Mr. Roc... Dmcromance 2011/11/17 14:27:47
    Mr. Rock "n" Roll
    "They are only illegal if they have come to the country ILLEGALLY!"

And that's what I asked "Do Illegal Hispanic Immigrants Want To Become Americans" It seems to me most come here to make money, use our welfare system and have little or no want to become American citizens. After all, if they did, it would mean paying income tax and as long as they can avoid that, they are much better off than most Americans.

When the Germans, French, Irish, Polish and other nationalities migrated here legally, it was to provide a better life and future for their families. They learned our language, and adapted to our culture and life style. In contrast most Mexican Illegal’s continue to speak Spanish with little interest to learn English and expect this country to adapt to their culture and life style rather than adapting to ours. Yes Mexicans are proud people and their culture and traditions date back much further than ours, but when they come to this country they must do it in a legal manor, become citizens, and more importantly become Americans as so many others have done in the past.
  • Dmcromance Mr. Roc... 2011/11/21 22:40:30
  • Mr. Roc... Dmcromance 2011/11/22 14:32:33
    Mr. Rock "n" Roll
    +1
    That's a great story - Your Dad sounds like a wonderful man.

Here is the problem in a nut shell!
    As those that are ambitious and want to get ahead leave Mexico for the United States, it seems to me it contributes to the problems Mexico has and the future for anyone living there gets even worse. So that leads to more people fleeing the country, in most cases those with less education and or ambition, and eventually Mexican’s that are poor and destitute with no money or future. The people that stay in Mexico are wealthier and more successful and have no real want to come to the United States. It seems to me that’s the real problem and until the Mexican people decide to change things, their country will never recover and in the mean time this country is going into decline dealing with the needs of Mexico’s poor.
  • Dmcromance Mr. Roc... 2011/11/23 21:35:03
    Dmcromance
    +1
    Thank You so much. And he IS a wonderful and heardworking man. He really tries and still does!

Yes. I understand your point and you know what? Regardless of the Mexican issues America seems to face, there are still plenty of other issues this country has to deal with on a day to day basis. The Mexico issue is just of the many. And though I agree that things should be done when it comes to ANY, not just Mexicans, wanting to be here and really do nothing to contribute, I just felt I needed to point out the case doesnt stand for everyone. People like to point out Mexicans as a whole. When in fact, it isnt just Mexicans as a whole. Every group of people has something on them to make them look bad. Some kind of reputation. It offends me sometimes when people point out Mexicans as THEE problem when in reality... I am Mexican and I was born here in California (Orange County, CA) and I am pretty sure I am no cause of an issue. My father is a good example. And many others I have heard from and have heard of. I am sure you can see why it upsets me. I would never pull a GIVE US RIGHTS thing when Mexicans DO have rights as long as they legally belong to America or at least contribute. But, I would have to say I would like to see people approach all situations regarding Mexicans maybe a ...

Yes. I understand your point and you know what? Regardless of the Mexican issues America seems to face, there are still plenty of other issues this country has to deal with on a day to day basis. The Mexico issue is just of the many. And though I agree that things should be done when it comes to ANY, not just Mexicans, wanting to be here and really do nothing to contribute, I just felt I needed to point out the case doesnt stand for everyone. People like to point out Mexicans as a whole. When in fact, it isnt just Mexicans as a whole. Every group of people has something on them to make them look bad. Some kind of reputation. It offends me sometimes when people point out Mexicans as THEE problem when in reality... I am Mexican and I was born here in California (Orange County, CA) and I am pretty sure I am no cause of an issue. My father is a good example. And many others I have heard from and have heard of. I am sure you can see why it upsets me. I would never pull a GIVE US RIGHTS thing when Mexicans DO have rights as long as they legally belong to America or at least contribute. But, I would have to say I would like to see people approach all situations regarding Mexicans maybe a little smoother or at least more fair. Also, I want those that know nothing about it to just shut up and stop talking about Mexicans like they are from another planet just because others say they are causing problems. Ya know?
  • SharonJohnson 2011/09/26 22:23:44 (edited)
    They ______________
    SharonJohnson
    +1
    want to take over because they think that it is their country.

Share
    Share
    Share

Shareillegals
    Shareillegals
    Shareillegals
  • gkirmani 2011/09/26 21:11:33
    They ______________
    gkirmani
    +1
    They want both .why dont go for refrendum???
  • mrscas 2011/09/26 18:01:19
    They Just Want To Live In America
    mrscas
    +1
    They want to live off Americans.
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2011/09/26 16:26:28
    They ______________
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +2
    They want American people to provide for their needs and keep their Mexican Heritage !
  • leslie 2011/09/26 16:22:54
    They ______________
    leslie
    +2
    They want to live here free and clear and disregard everything AMERICAN. Otherwise they would come here legally and learn the language. They are trying to turn EVERYTHING AROUND TO THE WAY IT IS IN MEXICO.
  • PostmasterOfDystopia 2011/09/26 16:15:35
    They ______________
    PostmasterOfDystopia
    +1
    Want their land back.
    If any of them truly cared about becoming American they would do it legally.
  • Max 2011/09/26 16:06:48
    They Just Want To Live In America
    Max
    +2
    They heard: "America is a free country". So they came to America to see if it was true. I can only imagine the first Mexican to start receiving "free food". I bet she wrote home and told the whole neighborhood to: "come to America because it is true, America is a free country, everything is free!". It's no wonder they are dying to get in here, literally.
  • FatherLiberty 2011/09/26 16:02:06
    They ______________
    FatherLiberty
    +1
    They want to bring down America and make it part of Mexico.
  • cindy 2011/09/26 15:44:42
    They Just Want To Live In America
    cindy
    +1
    they want to live in the shadows
  • dave b 2011/09/26 15:39:33
    They Just Want To Live In America
    dave b
    +2
    If they had any respect for America they would try to learn the language and assimilate. They dont care about any of that. They just want what they can get from America.
  • Rebel Yell 2011/09/26 15:08:28
    They ______________
    Rebel Yell
    +1
    We don't want to become a nation of permanent illegal immigrants, who live and work in the shadows; nor should we become a nation of 'guest workers. We are a nation of immigrants who have taken the path toward citizenship. A central goal of reform should be to clear that path for those who deserve the privileges, economic and otherwise, of being an American citizen.

George W. Bush, in an Aug. 3, 2006: ......"The best plan is to say to somebody who has been here illegally, if you've been paying your taxes, and you've got a good criminal record, that you can pay a fine for being here illegally, and you can learn English, like the rest of us have done, and you can get in a citizenship line to apply for citizenship. You don't get to get in the front, you get to get in the back of the line. But this idea of deporting people is just not -- it doesn't make any sense to me, and it doesn't make any sense to a lot of people who understand this issue. So here's a reasonable way to treat people with respect and accomplish what we want to accomplish, which is to be a country of law and a country of decency and respect ."

John McCain, in a May 13, 2005 press release: "We have a national interest in identifying these individuals, incentivizing them to come forward out of the shadows, go through security background checks, pay back taxes, pay penalties for breaking the law, learn to speak English, and regularize their status
  • Hobbitt / Oldsquid 2011/09/26 14:59:13
    They Just Want To Live In America
    Hobbitt / Oldsquid
    +1
    As evidenced by the fact that they do not assimilate, learn English or communicate outside their own communities.
  • Reichstolz 2011/09/26 13:46:37
    They ______________
    Reichstolz
    +3
    just want to be parasites.
  • keymanjim 2011/09/26 13:41:09
    They ______________
    keymanjim
    +5

aztlan

THAT'S AN INVASION!
  • Ferηαηdo Fierce Monster of ... 2011/09/26 13:37:33
    Ferηαηdo Fierce Monster of Phaet
    +2
    If they could, I believe they would. The problem is that the problems they face in Mexico and South America often in their view can't wait for the long process in order to gain citizenship. I'm not saying that it is right or wrong but most of them are escaping poverty and other problems to live a better life. Most of the illegal immigrants I know work their asses off to provide for their family.
  • Mr. Roc... Ferηαηd... 2011/09/26 17:20:34
    Mr. Rock "n" Roll
    +1
    Then why don’t they learn English like immigrants that come here from other countries?
  • Ferηαηd... Mr. Roc... 2011/09/26 17:23:21
    Ferηαηdo Fierce Monster of Phaet
    Many immigrants do learn the language but like any language, it takes time to pick up and become fluent in. Also some settle down in communities with a high Hispanic population and use more Spanish than English.
  • Mr. Roc... Ferηαηd... 2011/09/26 17:25:27
    Mr. Rock "n" Roll
    Avoiding the melting pot that is Amreica!
  • Ferηαηd... Mr. Roc... 2011/09/26 17:28:56
    Ferηαηdo Fierce Monster of Phaet
    I think that it's true with different ethnicities and races not only Hispanics. There are mostly white communities, Asian ones, Black ones, etc. but all fall into the melting pot.
  • Mr. Roc... Ferηαηd... 2011/09/26 17:36:17 (edited)
    Mr. Rock "n" Roll
    +1
    Not when you refuse to obey the law of the land by being here illegally and then demand preferential treatment and protest against this country.
    this is our mexican homeland
  • DJL Ferηαηd... 2011/09/26 22:19:44
    DJL
    They have driven our unemployment far higher than Mexico's so the brought the problems with them.
  • lm1b2 2011/09/26 13:27:41
    They Just Want To Live In America
    lm1b2
    +2
    I believe a majority just want the benefits,and none of the responsibility of citizenship,they like the money,and other benefits they receive from living here.They don't have the cajones to go home and get rid of their totally corrupt government who they support by coming here!
  • Luca 2011/09/26 13:19:41
    They ______________
    Luca
    +4
    They openly have said their intent is to multiply and to become pervasive enough to sway the voting outcomes so as to have America basically become Mexico. Just another group eating away at the roots of this country with the help of the Liberals that use them for their own political gain. Go read about LaRaza
  • Headhunter 13 2011/09/26 13:12:10 (edited)
    They Just Want To Live In America
    Headhunter 13
    +2
    I have seen no proof that they want to assimilate and become US citizens. The evidence largely points to the opposite, they want the US to become Mexico or another Latin American country
  • Mr. Roc... Headhun... 2011/09/26 13:19:20
    Mr. Rock "n" Roll
    +1
    Spanish speaking radio and TV stations, Mexican markets, etc etc etc prove to me that they don't want to blend into the American melting pot as other immigrants that come here that learn OUR language and adapt to American culture.
  • Headhun... Mr. Roc... 2011/09/26 13:23:43 (edited)
    Headhunter 13
    I have no problem with the Mexican markets or any other cultural ones Main because I cook as a hobby. Hell I am from Philly and the Italian market is huge and famous. It is the other overt behaviors and attitudes that demonstrate it.
  • Mr. Roc... Headhun... 2011/09/26 17:22:45
    Mr. Rock "n" Roll
    Like This! give us back our mexican homeland
  • Headhun... Mr. Roc... 2011/09/26 17:33:12
    Headhunter 13
    +1
    Yep that is pretty much it. What hits me as really sad and ignorant about that view is that until the Spanish conquered and enslaved the tribes of Central America and the Southwest of what is now the US there was no Mexico. The vast majority do not even know the term Mexico is a Spanish bastardization of the Aztec's name for themselves

2014/08/21 00:24:29