Do homosexuals have a "civil right" to free birth control?

Rogue_Loner 2012/08/09 10:34:36
*************************************************************...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2012/08/09/nbcs-mi...

• Tasine 2012/08/09 12:44:34
    Ok Ok...I get the point now. Liberals are using civil rights to enhance an ag...
    Tasine
    +9
    Birth control is available to everyone who wants it, men or women, rich or poor, smart or stupid. The question seems to indicate that certain individuals are entitled to receive financial help from the government - taxpayers' money.

In my view, NO ONE individual or group of people should receive taxpayer dollars unless every American receives the same or the equivalent. Otherwise, it is bias on the part of the government.

THAT is why welfare using tax dollars is unconstitutional - because it is prejudiced against the self supporters. That is why Medicare is is unconstitutional - because it is prejudiced against younger people. That is why government assistance to families with children is unconstitutional - it is prejudiced against couples without children and people who are responsible enough to support themselves.

People still insist we have a Constitutional government. I say that simply is NOT true. We don't. If we did, it wouldn't be a nanny state. And votes wouldn't be purchased using tax dollars paid by opponents.

• Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/08/12 03:55:54
    Yes. Gays are people too.
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +1
    Give them the free birth control. If they reproduce there will be more of them to advance the gay agenda.
  • Rogue_L... Chris- ... 2012/08/12 03:57:03 (edited)
  • Chris- ... Rogue_L... 2012/08/12 04:05:43
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +2
    Don't tell anyone from the left but I think some of your polls are very funny. shhhh
  • Rogue_L... Chris- ... 2012/08/12 04:11:05
  • Chris- ... Rogue_L... 2012/08/12 04:12:08
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +1
    Have a good one.
  • mwg0735 2012/08/09 23:05:21
  • CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/09 17:49:36
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Homosexuals have no more rights than anyone else.
  • Rogue_L... CMackle... 2012/08/09 18:20:29
  • DizziNY Rogue_L... 2012/08/10 18:06:29
    DizziNY
    +1
    They just need to hate is all.. I mean, I truly do not care what someone does, just as long as they do not hurt another living thing.
    No. Gays should not be afforded their civil rights.
    +2
    I don't get it for free. I'm paying the bills
  • DizziNY jackola... 2012/08/10 18:05:15
    DizziNY
    +2
    Where's my "free" condoms? Wait, I don't qualify for "free", I work.
  • art1ej 2012/08/09 13:28:41
    art1ej
    +1
    They deserve marriage rights but birth control (condoms) should not be free to anyone...i buy my own than you can i could understand if it was a poor country thou....
  • Bob, the reasonable one 2012/08/09 13:20:19
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +2
    heh,heh....they should be forced to take their medicine like a good little sheeple
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/09 13:15:33
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    It's not a civil right.
  • Rogue_L... Torchma... 2012/08/09 18:18:57
  • JL 2012/08/09 12:52:43
    JL
    +5
    BUY YOUR PROTECTION, OR KEEP IT IN YOUR F'N PANTS!
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/08/09 12:48:00
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +6
    Why would they need them they can't procreate
  • Rogue_L... Kat ♪ ~... 2012/08/09 18:18:05
  • Kat ♪ ~... Rogue_L... 2012/08/09 18:30:41
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +1
    It's not a right
  • Rogue_L... Kat ♪ ~... 2012/08/09 18:43:11
  • Tasine 2012/08/09 12:44:34
    Tasine
    +9

• JL Tasine 2012/08/09 12:50:49
    JL
    +2
    OK, NOW THAT WAS JUST A FREAKIN' AWESOME ANSWER!
  • Tasine JL 2012/08/09 12:56:14
    Tasine
    +3
    Hi, JL. Guess you can see I couldn't stay "retired". Thanks for the comment!
  • JL Tasine 2012/08/09 13:01:30
    JL
    +2
    THE BATTLE IS FAR FROM OVER....IT WILL ESCALATE...WE WILL GET TIRED, BUT CANNOT GIVE UP..
    YOU ARE WELCOME!
  • Scream 2012/08/09 12:28:10 (edited)
    Yes. Gays are people too.
    Scream
    +2
    Birth control does things other than preventing pregnancy...of course everyone should have access to birth control
  • Tasine Scream 2012/08/09 12:46:02
    Tasine
    +5
    And every American DOES. All he has to do for himself is buy it. It's cheap, readily available. When that is no longer the case, there is always abstinence.
  • Rogue_L... Tasine 2012/08/09 18:16:58
  • Tasine Rogue_L... 2012/08/10 01:27:35
    Tasine
    +2
    The problem with progressives is that they don't know a right from a watermelon. If they WANT it, it's a right. Money grubber imbeciles.
  • Farnsworth 2012/08/09 11:21:08
    Farnsworth
  • Rogue_L... Farnsworth 2012/08/09 18:15:53
  • Farnsworth Rogue_L... 2012/08/09 18:41:01
    Farnsworth
    +1
    and you sure can find'em
  • DizziNY 2012/08/09 11:00:45
    DizziNY
    +3
    Tell me, WHY do they need birth control?? A man and a man can't have a kid together and neither can two women. If these people are saying this, then they truly are mentally disturbed.
  • Ben DizziNY 2012/08/09 11:57:12
    Ben
    +1
    The main reason I presume is to try and halt the spread of STIs amongst both homosexuasl and heterosexual (through sex with bisexuals) population. So I imagine the'birth control' mentioned are condoms rather than things like the pill, coil or implant.
  • Tasine Ben 2012/08/09 12:47:06
    Tasine
    +4
    Last I checked, condoms are cheap. Readily available. What is NOT readily available are brain cells.
  • Ben Tasine 2012/08/09 13:06:03
    Ben
    +2
    Give the biotechnology industry a few more years....They already grow skin, ears and some internal organs in the lab, it's surely only a matter of time!

And I think it's more to do with arrogance and a lack of wisdom than a lack of intelligence. As a teacher, I know of some very intellectually intelligent teenagers who've gotten themselves/their girlfriend pregnant for not using safe sex because they thought it wouldn't be them that this happened to. Unfortunately, no amount of cheap condoms or brain cells (natural or artifical) will ever trump teenage arrogance.
  • Tasine Ben 2012/08/09 13:39:41
    Tasine
    +1
    LOL. True, but true only because of the relaxing of our standards. True because we accept as "normal" that teens will practice sex. That has ALWAYS been teens' desire, but there was a time most teens were capable, mentally and physically, to control their desires. If adults act like animals, what can be expected of their children? Animals.
  • Ben Tasine 2012/08/09 13:47:15 (edited)
    Ben
    +1
    I'm of the view that teenagers have never been capable of controlling their desires. Throughout history teenagers have been having sex before marriage, getting pregnant and basically doing all the bad things that they do today. I'm of the belief that teenagers never change - the only thing that changes is that, as we age, our glasses get more rose tinted when we look at the past.
  • Tasine Ben 2012/08/09 14:20:58 (edited)
    Tasine
    +1
    Of course there is some truth to what you say, but I was a teenager in high school in the '50's. During 4 years in high school, ONE girl got pregnant. ONE. She was not allowed to attend classes while pregnant. Back then, an unwed pregnant girl was shunned by society where I lived, and I would guess other places as well as there were no free abortion clinics, the pill had not been invented, and condoms didn't sit out on the counter.

Life was not easy for a single pregnant teen back then. Sounds archaic, doesn't it? In your world, the crass present times , I believe I know how you think of times past. Believe me, times were better then than they are now - assuming one cares what happens to one's child. Parents and teachers were strict because that was how they disciplined their children to be respectful, polite, constrained, etc. Nowadays that is NOT politically correct - debauchery rules the day. Pathetically sad.

Children back then were prized - today they are throw aways, or so it seems to people like me. I view society today as totally wasted.
  • Ben Tasine 2012/08/09 14:58:37
    Ben
    +1
    I wonder in the 50s though, how many pregnancies were hidden. Here in the UK, it was common practice throughout history (due to the stigma attached to unwed mothers) to send your pregnent unwed daughter to live with a distant relative where they would lose or bear the child (then raised as someone else's) before returning home claiming they had been ill or on a long holiday. Add to that the number of backstreet abortions (estimates I've seen range from the hundreds of thousands to the millions during the 50s alone) and I'm not entirely sure we could say that teenage sex and pregnancy was less common, just more hidden.

As for how I think of past times - I believe they were just like modern times, only with less technology and more outdoor activities.

As for behaviour, it takes more than being strict to raise a good child - both my father and my maternal grandfather were raised by strict parents during the times of corporal punishment in schools and the stories they tell of what they got up to completely surprise me. For example my father was in a skinhead gang and my grandfather used to use his rifle to shoot things in the gardens of his neighbours, stole fruit from farmers etc. Both as adults are completely law abiding (although my dad sometimes does 80mph on the motorway)...

As for behaviour, it takes more than being strict to raise a good child - both my father and my maternal grandfather were raised by strict parents during the times of corporal punishment in schools and the stories they tell of what they got up to completely surprise me. For example my father was in a skinhead gang and my grandfather used to use his rifle to shoot things in the gardens of his neighbours, stole fruit from farmers etc. Both as adults are completely law abiding (although my dad sometimes does 80mph on the motorway) and are thoroughly shocked at similar behaviour they read about in the news. So although in parenting and education being strict is important, solely using strictness isn't that effective. It creates order and good behaviour when you're there with them, but the fear rapidly fades once they're out of your sight.

I'll end with certain quotes I have in a book, which I think encapsulate my point of 'teenagers never change':

"The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for their parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint; They talk as if they alone know everything and what passes for wisdom in us foolishness in them. As for the girls, they are foolish and immodest and unwomanly in speech, behaviour and dress" (Peter the Hermit, 13th century AD).

"The causes of the indictment are luxury, bad manners, contempt for authority, disrespect to elders, and a love for chatter in place of exercise. Children began to be the tyrants, not the slaves, of their households. They no longer rose from their seats when an elder entered the room; they contradicted their parents, chattered before company, gobbled up the dainties at table, and committed various offences against Hellenic tastes, such as crossing their legs. They tyrannised over the paidagogoi and schoolmasters". (attributed to Scorates, 4th century BC)

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly disrespectful and impatient of restraint" (Hesiod, 8th century BC).
  • Tasine Ben 2012/08/09 15:59:36
    Tasine
    +1
    Quite a few were hidden - and if our school had been larger, this one girl's pregnancy would have been hidden because parents did not appreciate having their child running around pregnant. But it WAS a small school, and all of us knew each other - and during my 4 years, she was the ONLY one to get pregnant.

Of course, throughout all time this problem has existed, but as far as society as a whole is concerned, never has it become so lax in its standards as we see today. It appears to me that people have given up on setting and maintaining some good standards of living, and here in the states, I can point to the exact decade when all this decadence began in earnest. In the '60's - no sooner. And it has gotten worse and worse as each decade passes.

Civilization is dying, and I don't regret that it won't be too many years before I die also. It saddens me so to see what the world has become.

2014/11/24 08:26:05