Do Hispanics work harder than black people and white people?

Daryl 2011/02/10 21:14:19
Yes, Hispanics work harder
No, not necessarily

###
(State Sen. Robert Ford) "An African-American lawmaker in South Carolina said Tuesday that stricter illegal immigration laws would hurt the state because blacks and whites don't work as hard as Hispanics.

(Ford) made his remarks during a (state) Senate committee debate over an Arizona-style immigration law, eliciting a smattering of nervous laughter in the chamber after he said "brothers" don't work as hard as Mexicans. He continued that his "blue-eyed brothers" don't either.

Once (blacks) were freed from slavery, he said, they didn't want to do any more hard work, so they were replaced by Chinese and Japanese.

"We need these workers here. A lot of people aren't going to do certain type of work in this country...The brothers are going to find ways to take a break. Ever since this country was built, we've had somebody do the work for us."
###

Are Hispanics doing the work blacks and whites won't do?

Read More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110209/ap_on_re_us/us...

• Ferηαηdo 夢 2011/02/10 21:23:28
    No, not necessarily
    Ferηαηdo 夢
    +10
    This isn't necessarily true but as a Hispanic I have had to fight the common misconception that we are lazy. So I don't really like this negative racial stereotypes period. I know people that are hard working AND lazy from every race.

• Beltazar 2012/06/06 19:05:08
    Yes, Hispanics work harder
    Beltazar
    +1
    From personal experience and living in South FL.. I would have to say more definitely..
  • belen mendoza 2012/06/03 21:19:24
  • Evalani 2012/01/02 11:56:18 (edited)
    No, not necessarily
    Evalani
    +1
    No. Hispanics do not work harder than any other ethnic culture when it comes to working. Talking from my own experience in California, I have noticed a great trend in the preference in hiring a Hispanic over any other ethnic culture. Proof of this is even in the job application itself of certain stores when asked about your ethnic background.The reason for the preference is not because of the assumed belief that Americans are lazy but because Hispanics generally are Spanish speakers. Now some may say well problem solved, just learn to speak Spanish. My question is why should we? If I journeyed to Mexico right now and choose to live their life style but wish to only speak English well they will not accommodate me and speak my language instead I will have to learn Spanish in order to communicate and basically financially survive. So why is it so different here? Why does America have to accommodate for them?

Then there is the whole employers their-selves. Hispanics like any other culture generally tend to stick to their own. This is seen even in the work force. For example, while working in retail I noticed the Hispanics who are in higher positions such as management will generally move their own up on the hierarchy ladder faster then any other ethnic cultures who are working the same position as them.
  • Jennifer 2011/11/18 01:05:12
    No, not necessarily
    Jennifer
    +1
    No not necessarily because like someone said that is just a stereotype, immigrants are DEFINITELY NOT taking jobs away from the "ANGLOS" because whether yall want to believe it or not this country is so worried that immigrants cannot assimilate into the "anglo protestant" ways, that they fail to comprehend the real issues this country is having and it is petty and childish to blame immigrants as the ones who are "taking the jobs," there has been many researches done already that prove hispanic immigrants are not taking them! I believe hispanics are a great example of hard work, just because they come to this country looking for work and succeed does not justify the racial slurrs they undure; Americans dont want to get off their lazy ass and look for a job, thats their own loss but let it be known hispanics will be here to take those opportunities!
  • muffa 2011/03/01 16:00:39
    No, not necessarily
    muffa
    +1
    i wouldent know
  • Anonymous 2011/02/23 18:00:39
    No, not necessarily
    Anonymous
    +1
    But i do see some working around my school painting it yellow (which is ugly)!!!
  • baboula 2011/02/22 17:46:18
    No, not necessarily
    baboula
    +1
    Is the guy a Democrat? Becuase that is their line
  • Mikitty☆彡(SHARP) BN-0-WAWU 2011/02/20 21:50:28
    No, not necessarily
    Mikitty☆彡(SHARP) BN-0-WAWU
    +1
    Depends on the person, and that's just a stereotype.
  • Piper 2011/02/15 20:53:20
    Yes, Hispanics work harder
    Piper
    +3
    I would tend to answer yes, because of my own personal experience with Hispanic people. Some of the women I worked with as a Resort Agent worked 2 or 3 jobs to reach a goal they had set for themselves, and while working hard isn't exclusive to Hispanic peoples, in general, I'd say yes.
  • Tits ISHBAHFF McGee 2011/02/15 20:37:59
    No, not necessarily
    Tits ISHBAHFF McGee
    +2
    I don't know of any hispanics, they don't immigrate to where I live.
  • So Bananas 2011/02/15 11:05:07
    Yes, Hispanics work harder
    So Bananas
    +1
    From what I have seen, yes they do, and never complained about it. People complain that they are stealing jobs, that they would never, and don't want to do.
  • theunbubba 2011/02/14 16:51:31
    Yes, Hispanics work harder
    theunbubba
    +1
    I really don't give a damn if they work harder or not. If they are here illegally they need to go. they are stealing our jobs.
  • Darnel 2011/02/14 06:48:00
    No, not necessarily
    Darnel
    +2
    Sigh.

Just NO.
  • RobHom 2011/02/13 18:34:42
    Yes, Hispanics work harder
    RobHom
    +1
    The simple truth is..... Most Hispanics work harder than whites or blacks....AND....they will do jobs that blacks and whites won't even think about doing!!
  • oldsoldier 2011/02/13 18:05:40 (edited)
    No, not necessarily
    oldsoldier
    +2
    no,of course not,hard working people work harder than others in any groups.Others just work more efficiently and not necessarily harder and these are my favorite people. Hispanics might give the impression of working harder,initially, being at this time the new immigrants, but then this is true of anybody that starts a new life,in this Country,just like 'almost anybody' that starts a new job,(i say 'almost' because i did have some bad experiences with new hires)
  • gingin6 2011/02/13 08:23:25
    Yes, Hispanics work harder
    gingin6
    +1
    From what I've seen yes. I've actually seen them walk all over the place selling stuff or
    standing long hours to sell things also.
  • Magyarita 2011/02/13 03:45:37
    Yes, Hispanics work harder
    Magyarita
    +2
    All of the ones I know do. But this question is racist.
  • Rome is burning 2011/02/12 13:19:39
    No, not necessarily
    Rome is burning
    +2
    Because this question isn't racist enough, it should read "Do Hispanics work harder than black people AND white people?"
  • master of free thinking 2011/02/12 06:38:45
    No, not necessarily
    master of free thinking
    +2
    no....white people are responsible for the modern civilcation...no doubt about it.... looks how countrys look like where only black or hispanic people are.... sorry but who invented the car ...the jet plane...the computer and so on....i am no racist i am a realist!!
  • Armygeek 2011/02/12 00:20:36
    No, not necessarily
    Armygeek
    +2
    Their are lazy people all across the board.
  • Little Miss Monster 2011/02/11 22:10:24
    No, not necessarily
    Little Miss Monster
    +3
    They might have to work harder if they're here illegally or don't speak English but that's kind of their own fault--other immigrants to the U.S. learn the tongue. To say such a statement as this is racist and I don't think that this man really knows how hard the average middle-class breadwinner has to work to provide for themselves. It depends on the PERSON how hard they work--not on their race. A person decides whether or not they want to be a hard-worker, and it's not necessarily dependent upon race. Such a generalization as this, though, is unwarranted.
  • KAREN 2011/02/11 21:52:34
    No, not necessarily
    KAREN
    +4
    Depends on the person, and what kind of work they are doing. I know plenty of Hispanics, who don't like to work. depends person work plenty hispanics work lazy mexicans
  • Incognito4Now 2011/02/11 21:45:18
    No, not necessarily
    Incognito4Now
    +2
    But I do have an ANGEL of a mechanic and he is a Godsend. I would not be working without him. He is the kindest and hardest working hispanic I know. And would you call Antonia Banderas hispanic? Because he really is CUTE and a great actor!
  • MrPKitty 2011/02/11 21:09:12
    No, not necessarily
    MrPKitty
    +2
    It depends on the person and situation.
  • Wolfman 2011/02/11 19:57:56
    No, not necessarily
    Wolfman
    +3
    I have seen all races work both hard and lazy.
  • Bob Pooba 2011/02/11 19:48:17
    No, not necessarily
    Bob Pooba
    +3
    My god,not around here, I can't speak about all of them.
  • Tony 2011/02/11 19:45:28
    No, not necessarily
    Tony
    +5
    Its not something that can be known
    many hispanics work really hard and many are just plain lazy
    same with all other races because people are different we cant
    say what race works harder all have hard workers and lazy people
  • Pei 2011/02/11 19:18:02
    No, not necessarily
    Pei
    +4
    It's all about you as an individual. If you really want something you have to work hard for it. I'm just answering the question and ignoring Sen. Robert Fords comment because it is beyond idiotic. Oh, wait, I just commented on it. D*mmit.
  • Rooster 2011/02/11 19:16:32
    Yes, Hispanics work harder
    Rooster
    +1
    yes cause they dont want to get deported
  • belen m... Rooster 2012/06/03 21:28:49
  • Rico (oYo) 2011/02/11 19:04:02
    Yes, Hispanics work harder
    Rico (oYo)
    +2
    But forget trying to get any of us to do anything after 4 o'clock on a Friday.
  • GregGarrett 2011/02/11 18:56:19
    Yes, Hispanics work harder
    GregGarrett
    +2
    Sad to say but I think they do. For those that are here legaly they have far more pride in what it took to become legal in America. For those that are here ilegally its work hard or get reported to INS. They have reason to work hard. Most "blacks and whites" have become complaisant and adopted an entitlement attitude where we are just owed what we get and shouldn't' have to work for it. Again, I say sad, but true.
  • Tom 2011/02/11 17:17:56
    No, not necessarily
    Tom
    +3
    State Senator Ford is nothing more than a "racist" and a bigot. Shame on his colleagues for failing to take him to task for making such comments. If State Senator Ford believes his comments then he has no business representing the people in his district. State Senator Ford should know better, but apparently he does not. South Carolinians should seek his removal from office. What an idiot?
  • BK 2011/02/11 17:07:04 (edited)
    No, not necessarily
    BK
    +6
    Fun with generalizations! Yay!
    I've known some hard working hispanics, and I've known some seriously lazy ones. I've known hard working blacks, whites, asians, arabs...and I've known their lazy assed counterparts. People are individuals. Some of these jerkoffs need to learn to look at them that way, instead of making blanket statements.
  • GregGar... BK 2011/02/11 18:59:21
    GregGarrett
    +3
    I agree with you to a point, but I have found that a lot more people that immigrated to America tend to work much harder than people who have been in America for generations. It is sad, you figure the generations of family in the US would bring some pride.
  • BK GregGar... 2011/02/12 17:54:50
    BK
    +1
    I get what you are saying, but that doesn't have anything to do with specific racial backgrounds. It has more to do with being from somewhere crappier.
  • GregGar... BK 2011/02/12 20:49:46
    GregGarrett
    +2
    true enough.
  • Rome is... BK 2011/02/12 13:30:10
    Rome is burning
    +2
    But if I don't teach my kids that all minorities are lazy then how will they know that all minorities are lazy?
  • BK Rome is... 2011/02/12 17:48:47
    BK
    +1
    HA!
    I haven't seen you on here in a while.
  • Rome is... BK 2011/02/12 20:04:58
    Rome is burning
    +2
    All the Gawker websites have been ruined by their redesign so I figured I'd come over here and brush up on my snark. Its almost too easy on sodahead.

2014/10/26 09:18:24