Do Dogs Have Souls

Bob-chicka-wow-wow 2009/08/26 12:04:01
Yes, of course they do
No, they don't
Hmmmm
Feel free to watch the video before deciding...
http://www.sodahead.com/blog/140171/do-dogs-have-souls/

Just debate...Not hate...Please

• Munchie ~Unbreakable 2009/08/26 12:12:28
    Yes, of course they do
    Munchie ~Unbreakable
    +14
    Dogs definitely have souls. Any creature capable of overcoming its built-in programming (instincts) and acting against its own survival in an act of heroic self-sacrifice, must therefore possess a soul. If it were truly "just an animal" it could not, and would not be able to, defeat its in-born programmed "hard-wired" instincts, and thus would always fight to save itself instead of bravely sacrificing its life to save other animals and humans. There are countless examples of dogs who were not trained as rescue animals, yet who gladly gave up their own lives to save others, and that capacity for self-sacrifice is absolute proof of the presence of a soul.

Besides God said that when we get to Heaven, we would not be disappointed....Well I certainly would if my pets were not there waiting for me!

• MSG 2009/09/26 01:11:21
    Yes, of course they do
    MSG
    +2
    My Dogs were and are angels to me
  • carol and bandit 2009/09/05 18:42:10
    Yes, of course they do
    carol and bandit
    +1
    I know dogs have souls, and my very own Big Black Dog convinced me of it, although I already knew it was so. He helped me write a book, titled "Bandit, Big Black Dog Who Stole My Heart", available through authorhouse.com, and it's a great book about the relationship between humans and dogs, and reading Bandit's viewpoint in every chapter will convince you that he's a very soulful dog. He has a mission to eradicate the Big Black Dog Syndrome, and our goal is for you to fall in love with Bandit, and let another Big Black Dog into your life, from a shelter, or rescue org. Check it out, you won't be disappointed! love bandit black dog life shelter rescue org check disappointed
  • thehighroller1 2009/09/04 06:29:59
    Yes, of course they do
    thehighroller1
    +3
    Of course, dogs have souls. All living things do. Take my dog for example: She breathes, she eats, she sleeps, she thinks, she loves, she is alive. So yes.
  • Redneck 2009/09/04 02:33:51
    No, they don't
    Redneck
    +1
    Dogs, as well as other animals are not aware of sin, in my opinion, therefore have nothing to redeem through Christs sacrafice and therefor can't enter heaven. I could be wrong
  • hcurrie7 2009/09/04 01:57:09
    Hmmmm
    hcurrie7
    +1
    I dont know but I hope they do. And cats too. It is not going to be much of a heaven if my precious pets are not there or any animals at all
  • Egg † "In God We Trust" † 2009/09/01 02:40:36
    Hmmmm
    Egg   † "In God We Trust" †
    +1
    I hope they do.
  • Notty 2009/09/01 02:25:59
    Yes, of course they do
    Notty
    +1
    Why else would they be so much like prissy teen girls, drama queens, biker guys, and a caring family member? Take a look at a puppy in a shelter and tell me it doesn't have a soul.
  • gomez 2009/08/31 23:26:41
    Yes, of course they do
    gomez
    +2
    all dogs go to heaven
  • megh-momma-flex 2009/08/30 14:10:33
    Yes, of course they do
    megh-momma-flex
    +1
    they most certainly do. they'd do anything to save your life if they needed to. dogs are pure and loving.
  • Chokmah 2009/08/30 12:23:28 (edited)
    Yes, of course they do
    Chokmah
    +4
    Dogs and humans think alike. Yes, dogs have souls, and they go to Heaven like all the rest of us. Some people say that dogs only go to doggy heaven.
  • OFFICIAL CREEPIE CREECHER 2009/08/30 02:46:11
    Hmmmm
    OFFICIAL CREEPIE CREECHER
    +1
    hopefully:)
  • NobodyHas-a-NameLikeMine 2009/08/30 02:39:19
    Yes, of course they do
    NobodyHas-a-NameLikeMine
    +3
    Dogs have just the same chance that we have of having a soul. And theirs is probably more pure and loving.
    If anything, they deserve to go to heaven more than we do...
    dogs chance soul pure loving deserve heaven
  • Seasoned BN-0 2009/08/30 02:02:09
    Yes, of course they do
    Seasoned BN-0
    +1
    Soul: spirit essence character core psyche body heart...regardless if you are a dog or a human...it is something one works towards...not something one has installed at conception...or gets awarded through dogma or doctrine.
  • Hudsonjam 2009/08/30 01:54:53
    Hmmmm
    Hudsonjam
    +1
    Well, I find no mention of it in scripture, so I am not so sure they do have souls. However scripture does mention certain animals and beasts in heaven, so it cannot be ruled out with any certainty.

It would seem to follow however that if they do have souls they could go to hell as well? That gives a whole new meaning to "Bad Dog!"

I suppose they would have to bite a pastor or priest to go to hell. Then again that would probably depend on the pastor or priest. In some cases, I guess that might just get them in to heaven, soul or not.

7 And then the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    Genesis 2:7 KJV

It seems clear from scripture that man does.

I can't wait to find out if animals do as well.

John in his visions of heaven describes various animals and beasts:

17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.
    Revelation 9:17 KJV

8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him;...

Genesis 2:7 KJV

Revelation 9:17 KJV

8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day or night, saying, Holy, holy, holy Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come,

Revelation 4:8 KJV

So it would seem as previously stated there are animals and beasts in heaven.
  • bean 2009/08/30 01:41:36
    Yes, of course they do
    bean
    +1
    anything that is living (with the exception of plants) has a soul
  • Suicide is Painless~<3 Rev~<3 2009/08/30 00:24:34
    Yes, of course they do
    Suicide is Painless~<3 Rev~<3
    +3
    Everything has a soul of some kind. soul
  • Elizabeth Lackey 2009/08/30 00:01:07
    Yes, of course they do
    Elizabeth Lackey
    +1
    All living things do.
  • EvanescenceKrazed 2009/08/29 23:58:51
    Yes, of course they do
    EvanescenceKrazed
    +1
    Of coarse they do!!! Dogs are too cute to be soulless!
  • Twitch 2009/08/29 23:03:21
    Yes, of course they do
    Twitch
    +1
    My poodle is so human-like, I wouldn't be surprised.
  • Resizstance 2009/08/29 21:44:24 (edited)
    Hmmmm
    Resizstance
    +2
    The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain," says the LORD. (Isaiah 65:25)

dust serpents food harm destroy holy mountain lord isaiah 6525
  • Appletree 2009/08/29 21:18:44
    Yes, of course they do
    Appletree
    +1
    i agree with Naruto'sLivingCloneJames, why not?
  • Aria 2009/08/29 20:58:29
    No, they don't
    Aria
    +2
    Not all living thing have souls - Do you think grass has a soul? All children and dog lovers will tell you dogs have souls, but that claim is largely based on the fact that they have dopamine. It's simple science. Dogs do not love the way humans do.
  • Complex Emotions, Simply James 2009/08/29 20:41:41
    Yes, of course they do
    Complex Emotions, Simply James
    +2
    They're living, so why wouldn't they?
  • Scarlett48 2009/08/29 19:46:21 (edited)
    Yes, of course they do
    Scarlett48
    +1
    I feel they do. They have feelings just like we do and I believe I will see my precious babys when I get to Heaven. My favorite poem about that is Rainbow Bridge if you have never read this look it up on your computer.
  • venus 2009/08/29 19:39:45
    Yes, of course they do
    venus
    +4
    off course dogs got souls
  • OmfgNoWay 2009/08/29 18:23:12
    Hmmmm
    OmfgNoWay
    +1
    yeah they do i guess, but it all depends on what you truly belive in :]
  • Nabael 2009/08/29 17:52:42
    Yes, of course they do
    Nabael
    +2
    Yes, they are sentient beings like the rest of us, so why should we think differant? sentient beings rest differant
  • SillyLegs 2009/08/29 17:39:35 (edited)
    Hmmmm
    SillyLegs
    +4
    ask the church
    church church church church church church
  • Nabael SillyLegs 2009/08/29 17:54:29 (edited)
    Nabael
    +2
    For fuck sakes, what the hell is wrong with that church? HUMANS are animals, technically. So by that definition, we don't go to heaven either. Churches like that, are the reason I am no longer in a church..
  • SillyLegs Nabael 2009/08/29 18:07:02
    SillyLegs
    rocks don't go to heaven because they were never alive and therefore don't die. anything that can die has a soul. i will explain it like this....
    Which started to work first, your heart or you brain? the brain tells the heart to beat, but the heart needs to beat to power the brain, into infinite circles. Thats where the soul comes in. it gives you body the starting power to the brain, also creating the phenomenon of the thought process. people consider their body to be, in escence, THEM. the true factor is that your brain is you. If somehow your brain were removed from the body, but still could think, you would still be you, still the same person. the fact of destinguishing the difference between your body casing and YOU YOURSELF, is where the explanation of a soul comes in.
  • Nabael SillyLegs 2009/08/30 02:58:47
    Nabael
    +1
    IS there a reason you are explaining to me what a soul is? When I am quite aware of what they are?
  • Bob-chi... Nabael 2009/08/29 18:22:45
    Bob-chicka-wow-wow
    thats all fake, you can make those signs yourself, i forget the name of the website.
  • God ble... SillyLegs 2009/09/07 03:19:29
  • Rukasaki ~~ Hawkshadow 2009/08/29 16:07:04
    Yes, of course they do
    Rukasaki ~~ Hawkshadow
    +2
    they have feelings, right?
    feelings
    he looks pretty happy to me :)
  • OmfgNoWay Rukasak... 2009/08/29 18:22:07
    OmfgNoWay
    +2
    all the puppy pics are making me smile :]
  • Rukasak... OmfgNoWay 2009/08/29 20:22:24
  • boxy yaoi 2009/08/29 15:19:34
    Yes, of course they do
    boxy yaoi
    +1
    Of course they do , same as you, me, and all the the little kids running around.
  • ray 2009/08/29 14:52:06
    Yes, of course they do
    ray
    +1
    as much as a rat....
  • Brunetbomb 2009/08/29 14:41:30 (edited)
    Yes, of course they do
    Brunetbomb
    +3
    I love my dogs!! Besides didn't you hear All Dogs GO To Heaven! LOL
  • oldcavpilot 2009/08/29 13:59:04
    Hmmmm
    oldcavpilot
    +1
    First, you gotta believe in souls. I see things a little differently, but I include animals in my view of things.

2014/12/19 10:12:08