Do Conservatives want to take America backwards?

ϟMöpvytöϟ 2012/04/08 14:33:59
Low Wage Conservatives

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/SodaHead-Pro...

• Georgia50 2012/04/08 14:48:44
    Georgia50
    +15
    Yes. I am a conservative, and I want to pull America backwards. Liberals are the ones pushing America forward.
    cliff gif

• rikonjohn Mayday 2012/04/13 11:46:30 (edited)
    rikonjohn
    I'd not suggest quoting Ronald Reagan. He's no longer considered a viable candidate for the Presidency as he's already served two terms, and is dead. He never kept any of his campaign promises and violated the Constitution as well.

Furthermore, he's incorrect. When a government consists of a people who think they're entitled to govern because of their birth or position, then he is correct; government expands and liberty contracts -- for us running dog lackeys of the bourgeoisie.

If, however, we're a government that starts with "We The People" and goes from there then government will become manageable and responsible and liberty will increase.

When Reagan said "Government is the problem" he wasn't saying he wanted less of people like him in the government and more of you and me. He was saying he wanted LESS of you and me and more of him. Reagan didn't like the phrase "We The People" as enshrined in the Constitution.

Reagan isn't a saint. At all. He's the worst embodiment of totalitarianism this country has ever seen.
  • edifyguy rikonjohn 2012/04/13 16:00:18 (edited)
    edifyguy
    +1
    The founders wanted a government of intelligent, prosperous people, who wouldn't need to be bribed, and wouldn't be swayed by their own unproductivity into adding charity to the list of things that the government does, which is it totally prohibited from doing by the 10th Amendment. As a result, most government positions were unpaid in the beginning, and they were in Washington a few weeks and then went back to the productive part of society.

I agree that Reagan wasn't a saint, but he did articulate some ideas very well. He is FAR from the worst embodiment of totalitarianism this country has ever seen......that would be Barack Obama, who said that he would be "ready to rule from day one."

Greece is a much smaller nation, hence its collapse makes smaller waves, but any nation can collapse in the exact same way by pursuing the same failed policies, primarily the "everybody gets everything for free" policy. No nation is too mighty to be brought down by the redistributionist economic model, which Karl Marx defined so eloquently: "From each as he is able; to each according to his need." The problem with that positive-sounding platitude has been articulated by the late Dr. Adrian Rogers:

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What o...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
  • rikonjohn edifyguy 2012/04/22 10:35:03
    rikonjohn
    With respect to your first paragraph, I doubt very much our founding fathers found their time in government to be "unproductive' and that they found their time back on their estates "more productive". They were FOUNDING A NEW GOVERNMENT for chrissakes! What could be more "productive" than that?

Of course Reagan articulated some ideas very well. He was an actor. He was a product of the Studio System. He took direction very well. When he was told to articulate a particular belief, he did so with all his soul. Exactly as one would expect an actor from the studio system to do.

Now consider if Maryland was a failing state in the union and threatening to take down the entire United States because it couldn't meet it's debt burden. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? Well, that's where the country of Greece sits with respect to the European Union.

The balance of your post is right-wing Ayn Rand claptrap. Something to be accepted without explanation. I'm made of sterner stuff and require explanation.

Do so. No quoting from religious or political tracts without attribution.

Go for it.
  • edifyguy rikonjohn 2012/04/25 16:32:20
    edifyguy
    I have never read Ayn Rand, and I think that the European Union was a bad idea, for many of the reasons we now see. I am uninterested in further argument with an ideologue.
  • Mayday rikonjohn 2012/04/13 20:44:37
    Mayday
    +1
    obama quotes reagan

Everyone knows what President Reagan stood for... His leadership confronted the totalitarian Soviet Union.
  • LAAD Gunner - USMC 2012/04/08 22:46:06
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +2
    I'd like to know how being $16 trillion in debt is taking us forward. We don't want to take America backwards. We DO want to take America back to when personal responsibility was expected of EVERYONE, when no one blamed anyone else for their own mistakes, when no one expected the government to hold their hands their entire life. A Constitutional America, that's what I want. You crybaby dems need to stop expecting the government to do everything for you. The government is the problem NOT the solution. If the government quit interfering with the damn markets the economy would be great!!! You think idiot politicians and government officials can manipulate the economy to work perfect? People who've NEVER held a real job in their life!? People who have no clue how the economy works!? Are you kidding me!? Get off the teat, that's the only way anything is gonna be fixed.
  • edifyguy LAAD Gu... 2012/04/09 12:15:22
    edifyguy
    +1
    All true, but harder than you think. There are few things more addicting than a free ride. One guy cut his foot off to try to save his free ride....... http://www.sodahead.com/unite...
  • LAAD Gu... edifyguy 2012/04/09 17:36:10
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +1
    Absolutely, which is why we need to crush this entitlement bs at all costs. I don't think we should have it at all. Why? Because as long as we have things like entitlement benefits and welfare...it will ALWAYS be abused. This free ride mentality needs to be crushed.
  • edifyguy LAAD Gu... 2012/04/10 02:44:29
    edifyguy
    +1
    Yes, but how? Two wolves and a sheep are voting on what's for dinner. What do you think is for dinner?

More people now are taking from the government than paying into the government. How can we stop this when they outnumber us?

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”

― Adrian Rogers
  • LAAD Gu... edifyguy 2012/04/10 02:54:00
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +1
    That's a great question my friend...I wish I knew what the answer is. I guess I do have an answer but it's not one people like. We're going to have to fight to take our country back. And I mean physically fight. It's hard to know when the turning point will be and that will happen and the war will start...but the time is coming...and soon. It is up to us to prevent tyranny in the government.

people fight country physically fight turning war prevent tyranny government
  • edifyguy LAAD Gu... 2012/04/10 13:44:38
    edifyguy
    +1
    Yes, perhaps so, and that IS what the second Amendment is meant to provide. My big concern is whether there are enough people in the military, such as the Oath-keepers, to make it a winnable war. Otherwise, the superior technology of the establishment military will shred the patriots thanks to the fact that the people have not been really allowed to exercise their full right to keep and bear arms. I agree with Obama on one thing: we need a civilian force just as powerful as the military. I just disagree on to whom it should answer.

It may well be that before long the Feds will start the war. I wouldn't be surprised if Obama declares martial law and orders the military to crush any opposition demonstrations, and that could be the beginning. I do know that if he isn't removed from office yesterday, we're in BIG trouble.
  • LAAD Gu... edifyguy 2012/04/10 19:38:02
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +1
    I agree. It's unbelievable how people ignore the connections of what Obama is doing and what Hitler did in Germany, the likeness of the process is uncanny...so much for history though, history never repeats itself right? Hmmm...problem is most Americans are too naive to believe anything evil could ever become of our government.

You're absolutely right about the second Amendment. And the fact we haven't been able to practice it fully is completely on purpose, the government does little things so people won't notice. We should be able to own any kind of weapon, automatic or otherwise, but government takes away little things like that and people don't notice or think that it's for our safety or whatever the excuse is.
  • edifyguy LAAD Gu... 2012/04/11 14:01:30
    edifyguy
    +1
    If I'm ever in Nebraska, we gotta chill together for awhile.......
  • LAAD Gu... edifyguy 2012/04/11 19:27:50
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +1
    I'm all for it my friend
  • Proggy 2012/04/08 22:12:32
  • Joe C Sr 2012/04/08 21:12:28
    Joe C Sr
    +2
    No they want to stop our country from sinking into the hole of Socialism and heaven forbid Communism.Don' think this is far fetched because we are on the way unless 2012 election solves the problem.It is the only chance we have or we sink.Think.
  • Keith 2012/04/08 20:40:50
    Keith
    +4
    They want to take us back to 1776. lol
    +2
    They already have. They've brought back the sexist war on women. They've brought back the race wars against blacks and hispanics and asians.

It's time to take a balls in your hands approach and throw all these idiots out.
  • ={WGO}=... sjalan 2012/04/08 20:35:42
    ={WGO}=captnesti
    No they haven't. Just because of a few backwoods hicks being racist or sexist doesn't make them all like that. Starting to sound like the idiots who think all Muslims are terrorists.
  • sjalan ={WGO}=... 2012/04/08 20:39:48
    WGO I have not seen the type of sexism and racism presented by mainline politicians since the 60's that is being done today.

I suggest you begin listening to the conseratives that are out there and rethink
  • Lady Wh... sjalan 2012/04/08 20:45:48
    WELL SAID. Especially the spew that was coming from Santorum.
  • sjalan Lady Wh... 2012/04/08 21:11:38
    +1
    Thanks LWW. I WAS thinking of him as well as that kook from Tx.
  • Lady Wh... sjalan 2012/04/08 23:45:03
    True! Forgot the name of the kook from texas, though!
  • sjalan Lady Wh... 2012/04/09 01:14:33
    +1
    I did to until this instant Perry!
  • edifyguy sjalan 2012/04/09 12:23:50
    edifyguy
    You also forgot that there are two different words, "too" and "to" which have very different meanings, and three if we throw in "two," so you obviously weren't paying much attention in the subjects that mattered in school.

Had you developed you mind a bit more, you'd realize that it isn't sexism to say that "it's not OK" (Santorum) to have sex with anyone and everyone you feel like just because you have birth control. It's a moral view which applies equally to men and women. It isn't sexism to say that birth control should be something people have to pay for themselves any more than it is to say that cars should be something people have to pay for themselves. You want things? Work for them!

I am tired of people like you whining about racism and sexism whenever someone tries to restore fiscal sanity by taking away your "right" to take money from me which you did not earn with which to buy things you do not need. When will you whiners grow up and stop expecting everyone else to give you a free ride?
  • Nestofa... edifyguy 2012/04/09 14:15:57
    Nestofasssps
    +1
    "I am tired of people like you whining about racism and sexism whenever someone tries to restore fiscal sanity by taking away your "right" Nice Edifyguy..
    SO they ARE taking away "rights" .......Oh good, that's the first neocon response I have heard actually admit it. They are just walking back all the "rights" women have fought for in the last 60 years. Further eroding the ability to get those rights and denying legal methods to obtain those "rights".
    Oh and if you think I'm taking your sentence out of context?
    Life's a bitch, now you've met me.
    Birth control isn't racist! Eugenics is, Genocide is. And it is only sexist because neocons have made it so by trying to destroy what is already in place.
    When its women that suffer because of Frothymans opinions and some of the laws being presented by repubs, you bet your life its sexism. Paying for it is a different matter altogether, the facts are obviously too convoluted for you to grasp.So I only expect insults back.
    Peace dood
  • edifyguy Nestofa... 2012/04/09 14:29:38
    edifyguy
    +1
    "So I only expect insults back." You mean like most of your sarcastic post?

I am not a NeoCon; I am a 1776-throwback. I put "right" in quotation marks because it is not a right at all. No one has the right to force someone else to pay for something just because they feel like they need it. Taking those freebies is forcing someone else to give you a portion of their life—the portion that they spent working for the money you took from them by using the government as an instrument of plunder.

I never implied that birth control was racist; I only mention it in passing as something that "liberal" whiners cry about for no better reason than that they have nothing better to say about a matter. No actual womens' rights are being "walked back," unless you're referring to the "right" to have sex with whomever whenever and then murder the offspring of such foolishness. Yes, it's true—some people think that's a bad thing.

"Life's a...." what did you just call yourself??!
  • Nestofa... edifyguy 2012/04/09 14:38:49
    Nestofasssps
    +1
    thinking is one thing...psttt what the cons are doing and have been trying to do, is LARGELY being found to be UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Reducing ability to get a legal medical procedure IS taking away rights of freedom and liberty,
    Your ignorance is YOUR issue.
    You may think its a bad thing, you dont have the right to force me to live by it.
  • edifyguy Nestofa... 2012/04/10 02:52:29
    edifyguy
    "what the cons are doing and have been trying to do, is LARGELY being found to be UNCONSTITUTIONAL." Give me an example of this. Please do. I beg you to find even one specific example.

"Reducing ability to get a legal medical procedure IS taking away rights of freedom and liberty." Really? So if I reduce someone's ability to take money from you to spend on themselves, I have infringed on their liberty? It would seem that I stuck up for your liberty!

Your money is a large part of your life. Unless you're a mooch, you trade your life for your money. If I have the right to your money, I have a right to a portion of your life. In essence, I have a right to make you work for me without compensation. I become a slaveholder! Is that your idea of liberty?

"Ability to get" is not a one-way street. It consists of access to services, which is excellent in this country, at least for the moment, and ability to purchase said services. If one cannot purchase those services, they should go without them until such a time as they can purchase them with their own resources. To do otherwise is to justify slavery.

The greater part of liberty is self-sufficiency. When you are dependent upon someone else for your living, you have no freedom, and no dignity.
  • sjalan edifyguy 2012/04/09 16:12:44
    Ya know, when a person does a typo because they have knarlled and aged hands because they worked hard all their lives, a couple of typo's and an occational error in grammer isn't worth mentioning. YET you did, because your a snarky little punk.

Enough said "junior".
  • edifyguy sjalan 2012/04/10 02:57:49
    edifyguy
    OK, ok. I really wasn't trying to be a punk. I was actually being funny, at least to me. I applaud your decades of hard work. However, it did serve to point out that your posts might not be the most well-thought-out posts possible. I stand by that assessment.

Much of what you said in that post and the previous discussion was meaningless. It was Democrat talking points that sound good to people who do no research or fact-checking. It does not hold up to any serious thought, just like nearly everything else that the Democrats say.

If you want to have a serious discussion on any topic, I welcome it. I'm not an intellectual lightweight, even if I am sometimes a little snarky.
  • sjalan edifyguy 2012/04/10 03:51:28
    Sorry you think so, because every bit of it I have at least located and verified the information of my statements.
  • ={WGO}=... sjalan 2012/04/08 21:26:42 (edited)
    ={WGO}=captnesti
    +2
    Well first define the sexism and racism. What are they doing that you believe is sexist or racist?
  • edifyguy ={WGO}=... 2012/04/09 12:24:49
    edifyguy
    +1
    The crickets are deafening, aren't they? Read my response, and you'll see why. :D
  • Lady Wh... sjalan 2012/04/08 20:45:05
    agreed
  • johnc 2012/04/08 19:47:43
    johnc
    +3
    We want to avoid the disaster course Obama desires to make us like Greece, Iran , Cuba. and Nazi Germany.

I do find it interesting that Hitler used the classwarfare, and we saw his creation OWS blames jews for the financial problems created by Liberals.

Not saying Obama is a Hitler, Hitler had a mustache.
  • marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS 2012/04/08 19:32:54
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    +3
    The agenda of the LWNJs has already taken us backwards. Buy gas lately or buy groceries lately? Whats left of our paychecks have taken every working Americans quality of life back to the Jimmy Carter years.
  • DougE 2012/04/08 19:08:29
    DougE
    +4
    if you mean to a time when we were industrious, prosperous, successful, then yes. Clearly the path we are on is not that path, and progressives have no ability to return America to greatness.
  • Lulu's Mom Lady Wh... 2012/04/08 19:44:42

2014/09/01 18:48:47