DNC Chief Called on to Release Tax Returns

Evil 1 2012/04/16 18:47:59

Democratic National Committee chief Debbie Wasserman Schultz has been called on to release her personal income tax returns. The request was made by her congressional opponent, Republican Karen Harrington of Florida.

“While asking for Governor Romney to release his past tax returns, and In keeping with the spirit of President Obama’s call for ‘full transparency,’ we ask Congressman Wasserman Schultz to release her own tax returns.”

There are no records of Wasserman Schultz having ever released her personal income tax returns, though, as the Harrington campaign states, members of Congress are required to disclose assets, holdings, and various other financial information.

Read More: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/dnc-chief-call...

• Joe C Sr 2012/07/10 16:50:28
    Joe C Sr
    +1
    Yes Romney should release his tax records but only after Obama releases all his past life records that are hidden and cannot be seen by anyone.Think.Must be on equal ground.
  • ProudProgressive 2012/04/16 19:23:47
    ProudProgressive
    Has Ms. Harrington released hers?
  • Evil 1 ProudPr... 2012/04/16 20:45:58
    Evil 1
    Did she call for Romney to release his? Did she call for Obama to release his? Now in reality I think every politician in this country should release their tax returns.
  • ProudPr... Evil 1 2012/04/16 20:50:28
    ProudProgressive
    As I said below, I agree that politicians should release their tax returns. But with respect to this particular race, it seems only fair that if she is asking her opponent to release her tax returns than Ms. Harrington should release hers as well.
  • Evil 1 ProudPr... 2012/04/16 21:01:27
    Evil 1
    I agree. But you miss the basis of her doing so or you are choosing to avoid it.
  • ProudPr... Evil 1 2012/04/16 21:03:45
    ProudProgressive
    What's the basis of her doing so? Is Ms. Wasserman-Schultz accused of having multimillion dollar Cayman Islands bank accounts? Did she set up a $100 million dollar trust fund for her children and not pay a penny in gift taxes on it? Is Ms. W-S accused of ANY personal financial wrongdoing?
  • Evil 1 ProudPr... 2012/04/16 21:11:15
    Evil 1
    Her basis in my poinion would be to make Wassermn-Schultz live up to her demands of others. And don't start the BS about Romney as every politician has taken advantage of the same tax loopholes. How about Obama funneling $48,000 to his kids to avoid the taxes. "He who is wthout sin...."
  • ProudPr... Evil 1 2012/04/17 15:33:41
    ProudProgressive
    You're comparing a $12,000 gift to a hundred million dollar trust fund? Those gifts were not made to avoid taxes. People normally give their children reasonable gifts. But setting them up for life so they, like their parents, never have to actually WORK outside the home for their entire lives is not comparable. Getting a little desperate there, aren't you? Isn't that like saying "he threw a gum wrapper on the sidewalk so now it's ok for me to blow up the city of Milwaukee?
  • Evil 1 ProudPr... 2012/04/17 15:50:57
    Evil 1
    So now it depends on the dollar amount? LOL Again nothing but spin. Both of them used the breaks within the tax codes. The problem with our tax system is not the difference between the poor, middle class and the wealthy and in what they pay. It is in the code itself. Change the system don't try to tax one class to offset it (especially when doing so raises a minute amount).

I'm far from getting desperate. Seems you're the one getting desperate trying to justify Obama's actions over Romney based on dollar amounts. Somewhat hypocritical don't you think?

Oh and those gifts weren't made to avoid taxes? Get real. So you talked to Obama and his tax advisors? Talk about getting desperate. When you start fabricating BS to support your BS it proves it's nothing but BS. Next you'll find a way to blame Bush or play the race card. Have a great day as I'm tire of reading your ridiculous, BS rhetoric.
  • God bless American freedom 2012/04/16 19:20:05
    God bless American freedom
    +1
    evil.. you are so smart :)
  • wolf sloan 2012/04/16 18:59:13
    wolf sloan
    +2
    This ought to be interesting.
  • Evil 1 wolf sloan 2012/04/16 19:01:42
    Evil 1
    +2
    I think every politician should release their tax returns. That would be extremely interesting.
  • wolf sloan Evil 1 2012/04/16 19:05:15
    wolf sloan
    +2
    No argument from me.
  • ProudPr... Evil 1 2012/04/16 19:25:26
    ProudProgressive
    +2
    Actually, on that one I would agree with you. I think every incumbent, and every candidate (once they're nominated) should release their tax returns going back at least 3 and preferably 5 years.
  • Evil 1 ProudPr... 2012/04/16 20:46:53
    Evil 1
    +1
    And every year that they remain in office.
  • ProudPr... Evil 1 2012/04/16 20:52:36
    ProudProgressive
    Agreed. (Although, would you really want every year or would every election be sufficient?)

I suppose if enough people got behind this they could even set it up so that once a candidate is nominated the IRS would automatically release their returns rather than hoping that the candidates themselves do it.
  • Evil 1 ProudPr... 2012/04/16 21:02:46
    Evil 1
    +2
    I would want every year. That would be the only way to keep them honest, or at least honest in this respect.
  • ProudPr... Evil 1 2012/04/16 21:05:33
    ProudProgressive
    +2
    OK with me.

2014/09/30 22:26:18