Did you watch or listen to Obamas speech about gun control ? If so, what are your thoughts?

Drue-AFCL 2013/01/17 23:47:46
Related Topics: Obama, Gun Control, Gun, Watch

• evangelism_vision 2013/01/18 01:55:35
    I did and my thoughts are. . . . .
    evangelism_vision
    +18
    OBAMA IS A TERRORIST, who wants to disarm America so it will be easier to take over the people of this Country.
    Obama has trashed the Constitution enough. When will the House Draft Impeachment?

• William Gill~PWCM~JLA 2013/01/26 23:56:42
    No I missed it.
    William Gill~PWCM~JLA
    No need to get a head ache.
  • firefly 2013/01/25 07:45:25
  • Stardust 2013/01/25 06:30:21 (edited)
  • gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F 2013/01/25 06:26:52
    I did and my thoughts are. . . . .
    gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F
  • inewsmaster 2013/01/24 02:00:23
    I did and my thoughts are. . . . .
    inewsmaster
    At last. Someone with enough intelligence to figure out that guns DO kill people.
  • Jensenmk 2013/01/23 19:23:50
    I did and my thoughts are. . . . .
    Jensenmk
    More progressive elitist lies and misinformation.
  • silentart 2013/01/20 04:55:57
    No I missed it.
    silentart
    +1
    Was too busy with balsa airplane building... work on plane is more important than watching blah...
  • JET 2013/01/19 15:26:50
    No I missed it.
    JET
    +1
    It would have raised my blood pressure too much. obama has been anti-gun since his early days in Chicago. Knowing his hatred for the constitution, if he can't get what he wants by congress, then he'll just circumvent the constitution and get it by fraud. Hitler also surrounded himself with children, but it sure didn't make him a rose either.
  • joe keeney 2013/01/19 06:47:52
    No I missed it.
    joe keeney
    +2
    Iwas cutting my toe nails.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2013/01/19 04:32:16
    I did and my thoughts are. . . . .
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +2
    He needs to be arrest for doing the very thing that he or those in his administration should be condemned and arrested for selling weapons to the cartel.
  • TidBit 2013/01/19 01:18:40
    I did and my thoughts are. . . . .
    TidBit
    +2
    he makes me sick
  • Tennessee3501 2013/01/18 21:08:24
    I did and my thoughts are. . . . .
    Tennessee3501
    +2
    The President overwhelmed me and I want to turn in all of my guns ASAP! I am confident that all of the criminals and terrorists who heard his speech will turn in their guns as well and that America will be free of gun violence and crime. (Satire and Sarcasm!)
  • Drue-AFCL Tenness... 2013/01/18 22:17:56
    Drue-AFCL
    +2
    Gee, you have convinced me. I will do the same! LOL
  • firelooker 2013/01/18 20:27:15
    I did and my thoughts are. . . . .
    firelooker
    +1
    He showed that he really wants to take away our right to own firearms & isn't interested in finding the true cause of violence in this country which is prescription drugs that cause people to go off the deep end either while on them or when in withdrawal. Today's culture demands that if kids act out in any fashion the public doesn't agree with threy should be put on Prozac or some other mind altering drug. It has been shown that all the killers in the past episodes of mass casualty incidents were on prescription drugs for mental problems.
  • Todd Parsons 2013/01/18 19:53:19
    No I missed it.
    Todd Parsons
    +2
    I didn't need to see the exploitation of children
  • natwebb 2013/01/18 19:50:59
    No I missed it.
    natwebb
    +2
    ... on purpose. What part of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" does Barry not understand? I guess it is the infringed part. Why is "prior restraint" bad when referring to the first amendment but ok for the second amendment?
  • boneman1 2013/01/18 19:49:43
    I did and my thoughts are. . . . .
    boneman1
    +2
    I watched Obama's speech and he like most people that want gun bans and restrictions aren't telling the truth. They know that the restrictions they're proposing would do absolutely nothing to prevent a mass shooting. Limiting the number of bullets in a magazine only means the shooter carries an extra magazine. It takes less than a couple of seconds to drop an empty and pop in a new one. The "assault rifle" they want to ban functions no different than hunting rifles that will still be legal. The only differences are cosmetic. This is just another power grab by the federal government.
  • firelooker boneman1 2013/01/18 20:30:28
    firelooker
    +2
    You got it right! Just another power grab! I own a lever action rifle that shoots 40 cal bullets & I can fire it almost as fast as others can fire a semiautomatic rifle. So that makes it an assault rifle right! it holds more than ten rounds.
  • Avenged7 2013/01/18 19:08:25
    I did and my thoughts are. . . . .
    Avenged7
    I thought it was a fairly moderate speech nothing like we have heard it would be from the extremest. His executive orders did not usurp the congress. He has asked congress to pass some bills that most people expected. Such as Banning military assault weapons, closing background checks loopholes, and limit ammunition magazines.

His 23 executive orders were fairly meek. Such as Requiring law enforcement to trace all firearms they recover and keep them in custody,publish an annual report on lost and stolen guns, launch a national dialogue on mental illness, that type of generic orders. Nothing like we heard would happen from the right wing. But when have they ever been right?????
  • tdterry... Avenged7 2013/01/18 20:12:21
    tdterry1999
    +2
    With Obama you have to watch the backdoor real close.Or he will sneak in.
  • firelooker tdterry... 2013/01/18 20:31:13
    firelooker
    +3
    LOL he like's the backdoor.
  • Avenged7 tdterry... 2013/01/18 23:21:34
    Avenged7
    I think your thinking of the last administration.
  • tdterry... Avenged7 2013/01/19 11:41:13
    tdterry1999
    +1
    Well I wasn't but I agree Bush and the dems slipped in the backdoor his last two years.
  • Sal Monella ~PWCM~JL 2013/01/18 18:56:18
    No I missed it.
    Sal Monella ~PWCM~JL
    +4
    Thankfully, otherwise I would've

thankfully wouldve
  • MickieDee 2013/01/18 18:03:55
    No I missed it.
    MickieDee
    +3
    I can't bring myself to watch or listen anymore.
  • Picasso's Cat 2013/01/18 17:38:53
    No I missed it.
    Picasso's Cat
    +2
    There is nothing he could say that would change my mind on the issue because he speaks for his administrations view of the circumstances, an ideology that is not my own.

I find it amazing that society want's to ban guns from what it calls mentally ill people. I mean what exactly is mental illness, and who decides who is affected with it.
    Mental illness is a psychological pattern or anomaly, potentially reflected in behavior, that is generally associated with distress or disability, and which is not considered part of "normal" development of a person's culture.

The key word here is NORMAL!
    What is normal in society is what determines who is crazy and who is not.
    If a person hears voices and sees the devil they are considered crazy, mentally ill.
    But if a person prays to god and god speaks to them in their prayers they are normal, because that's normal behaviour in most societies.

It's normal to believe in something that has never been proven to exist in reality (God-Religion). if it's something good and accepted by most people.
    However If it's not, it's considered bad and something that has affected the mind, a mental illness!

75% of the world believes in a supreme being in one form or another. Something that is not there, never seen by more that a few who can't pr...

The key word here is NORMAL!

75% of the world believes in a supreme being in one form or another. Something that is not there, never seen by more that a few who can't prove their visions, never heard by more than a few who can't prove what they heard, and have no empirical proof that it exists at all.

This is normal in society even though that god is different in every different religion, with different beliefs, and different visions of the afterlife. But it's normal behaviour because most of us indulge in it as being normal.
    Matter of fact a lot of religious people think your mentally ill if you don't believe in the hoax!!!

So if most human beings believe it and allow it........... it's normal and anything not shared by the majority of society is considered mental illness.

According to the definition of mental illness 75% of the world is mentally ill and should not have access to guns!

And people wonder why we just can't all get along and solve all out problems in society!
  • Georgia50 2013/01/18 17:29:17
    No I missed it.
    Georgia50
    +4
    No Crat has anything to say to me about gun control. My attention span begins and ends with the Second Amendment to the US Constitution.
  • Phyllis Murphy 2013/01/18 16:58:12
    No I missed it.
    Phyllis Murphy
    +3
    However, I just finished listening to babbling Biden with his tangled tongue and brain completely skirt the issue and defining the real reason for kids killing rampages plus other demented humans...American has been in the process of a total breakdown in societal norms operating under the rule of anything goes including 50% of births today are unmarried females, mostly teenagers and undeducated who become captured by welfare...America is on the 5th generation of such nonsense that is quickly moving us into a 3rd world country, opening the door for malevolent dictators operating from delusional egos. Obama is on the move to set himself up like a Hitler or Stalin and the obsolete governmental do nothing body called Congress is in lock step just accumulating their riches and throwing verbal crumbs to the peasants....God help America!
  • firelooker Phyllis... 2013/01/18 20:33:13
    firelooker
    +1
    Funny how the left condemns these shootings but never says a word about the 3000 babies killed everyday by abortionists.
  • micha77 2013/01/18 16:33:30
    I did and my thoughts are. . . . .
    micha77
    +3
    Surprised? No. This is all part of the far left liberal agenda we were warned about. It's happening now.
  • Cn2012 2013/01/18 16:30:29
    I did and my thoughts are. . . . .
    Cn2012
    +2
    It's exactly what I expected.
  • pjobrien 2013/01/18 15:59:43
    No I missed it.
    pjobrien
    +3
    I missed it on purpose. As I have stated in other posts, I can't stand the sound of his voice. I can't tolerate his grammar. I can't stand the sight of his arrogant, smug mug. When I hear his voice on the radio, I immediately turn down the sound. I can't afford to have my blood pressure rise.
  • Danielle 2013/01/18 15:37:22
    No I missed it.
    Danielle
    +3
    I missed it on purpose.
    No I missed it.
    +4
    Watched spots on the news and it was lame and without real substance!
  • santa6642 2013/01/18 15:28:17
    I did and my thoughts are. . . . .
    santa6642
    +3
    Tee obamanation is a tyrannt socialist bent on destroying this country.
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2013/01/18 14:33:38
    No I missed it.
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +5
    I do not listen to his lies I have no stomach for his lies !!!!!!
    I did and my thoughts are. . . . .
    +1
    Speech was good, and some few ideas/actions are not bad. Does nothing to avert another Sandy Hook but he wasn't trying for that.
  • MsDianna 2013/01/18 14:10:35
    No I missed it.
    MsDianna
    +5
    I missed it by design! he's an evil man! we shouldn't even listen to his voice!
  • betz 2013/01/18 13:18:51
    I did and my thoughts are. . . . .
    betz
    +7
    I rarely listen to the man as he speaks but rather rely on "The Five" to inform me. I did listen this tiime. Oh how I loved him using the children as pawns. Nice job Mr. Prez! I say this as I choke on the words.
  • Avenged7 betz 2013/01/18 19:15:15
    Avenged7
    How did you like the NRA using his children for their extremest agenda. It has never happened before, but now the right wing has become more crazy!!!!!!

2014/07/23 19:38:27