Did you watch Obama On The View: President Targets Mitt Romney On Gay Marriage ?

BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/05/16 12:01:24
Yes, I watch it.
No, I did not watch it
30
31

6
49
GET POLITICS ALERTS:
SIGN UP
REACT:
Important
Funny
Typical
Scary
Outrageous
Amazing
Innovative
Finally
FOLLOW:
Barack Obama , The View, Barack Obama , Barack Obama , Video, Barack Obama The View,Obama The View, Obama On The View, Obama The View Interview, Obama The View Video, President Obama On The View, President Obama The View, Politics News
Obama The View

During an appearance on ABC's "The View" that aired on Tuesday, President Barack Obama took aim at presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney on the issue of gay marriage.

"This is going to be a big contrast in the campaign," he explained. "Because you've got Gov. Romney saying we should actually have a constitutional amendment installing the notion that you can't have same-sex marriages."

The president also said Romney's support of a constitutional amendment "federalized the whole issue," adding, "He would defend the Defense of Marriage Act. So there are real differences here."

Romney opposes civil unions and gay marriage. "My view is the domestic partnership benefits, hospital visitation rights, and the like are appropriate but that the others are not," he recently told local Denver station KDVR-TV.

Obama came out in support of gay marriage last week.

In an interview with ABC's Robin Roberts, the president said, "I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or Marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don't Ask Don't Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married."

HuffPost's Mollie Reilly has more on what Obama had to say on "The View":

President Barack Obama discussed JPMorgan Chase's $2 billion loss on Monday, saying the bank's massive failure proves why Wall Street reform is necessary.

"JPMorgan is one of the best-managed banks there is," Obama said during an interview on ABC's "The View", which will air on Tuesday. "Jamie Dimon, the head of it, is one of the smartest bankers we got, and they still lost $2 billion and counting."

Dimon, who appeared on NBC's "Meet The Press" Sunday, told host David Gregory he had been "dead wrong" to dismiss concerns about the banks questionable trades.

On a lighter note, the president said that First Lady Michelle Obama "gets jealous when I sing too much." Obama made headlines earlier this year when he sang Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" at a fundraiser at the Apollo Theater. During his appearance on "The View," the president said that his wife "thinks this is kind of a private thing."

Below, a slideshow of images of the president on "The View."

Obama On The View

1 of 6

• private slideshow images president view obama view 1 nbspofnbsp 6

• Mark P. 2012/05/16 12:43:14
    No, I did not watch it
    Mark P.
    Everytime that show comes on it weakens the nation.
  • Morningstar 2012/05/16 12:31:10
    Yes, I watch it.
    Morningstar
    +1
    Obama is soooooooo likeable!
  • keymanjim 2012/05/16 12:21:29
    No, I did not watch it
    keymanjim
    Of course I didn't watch it. It's the view.
    Besides, obama was against gay marriage before he was for it.
    I guess obama needs another "war on [INSERT CAUSE HERE]" to distract from his abysmal record.
  • auron 2012/05/16 12:12:06
    No, I did not watch it
    auron
    +2
    How is gay marrage even an issue?
  • BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/05/16 12:02:44
    No, I did not watch it
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +1
    Bet it was interesting! the view

2014/08/29 07:59:30