Did you read; RECENT VIRGINIA CHURCH SERVICE-STIMULUS SERMON ?

outlaw 2011/07/26 02:21:50
Here is the truth about misinformation on her post.

RECENT VIRGINIA CHURCH SERVICE-STIMULUS SERMON

Now, before I continue, I want to ask you: What is missing from this sermon? What information that is a key part of the story in the Scripture he uses is missing from this sermon? Take a few moments to go read it if you need to.

Did you read it? Do you know the answer?

One key part that is missing is the fact that it was God who had spoken to Joseph and told him what to do to "save" the people during the famine. Everything that happened with the grain was GOD'S plan, not Pharoah's. God told Joseph what to do, Joseph told the Pharoah what God told him to do, Pharoah told Joseph to go ahead and do it.

That is VERY important information that is missing from this sermon. It's KEY information that is omitted. Why is it omitted? Because it doesn't fit in with the point the Pastor wanted to make.

Another part of Scripture that is withheld is the enslavery of Israel did not occur during the famine. Nor did it occur soon after the famine. The enslavery of Israel occurred MANY MANY years AFTER the famine, and it did not occur for the reasons this Pastor states they did, which was then turning over all their belonging to the Pharoah for grain.

The enslavery occurred because God blessed the Israelite people and they rapidly multiplied in number causing their numbers to be greater than the Egyptian numbers, and Pharoah got scared the Israelites would overthrow their government. Do you see why I have a problem with this sermon? It twists and even omits the truth in order to make the point the Pastor wanted to make. Not only does it OMIT the truth, it CHANGES the truth

. Does the sermon have merit? To a degree, yes. Some of the points are very valid. But herein lies the problem. SOME of the points are valid and good, even while excluding pertinent BIBLICAL information, Biblical truth. And because so many people have such a problem with what is happening right now "at the hands of Obama", they aren't seeing the lies in the sermon, for that is what omission and twisting is. Lies. And not just subtle lies, but very BLATANT lies. And while that may not be a big deal with a sermon as innocent as this, how can you trust that a Pastor who will lie to his sheep on something so simple wouldn't lie about something very important?

***DISCLAIMER: Let me make this clear: I don't know for certain this is a REAL sermon done by a REAL Pastor. If it is a real sermon, my thoughts on it apply. If it is made up, obviously there is no Pastor and thus my thoughts on it don't matter (not that they matter to you anyway). I do have a bit of a difficult time believing a Pastor would make such blatantly false claims in his sermon, but nothing surprises me anymore and I have seen far worse. I AM currently doing research to determine if this sermon is real, and I'll be sure to let you know if I find anything out. But as it stands, this is being said to be real, and thus my thoughts on it are based on this being a real sermon.

• Not Einstein 2011/07/26 02:40:48
    Not Einstein
    +6
    Excellent, outlaw!

I can guarantee the sermon is not real. Were it true, there would be evidence somewhere on the internet; ie, the name of the church or pastor. But when this first appeared two years ago, it was never attributed to a specific church, nor was the original poster ever named.

• IWOKS 2014/04/05 20:26:53 (edited)
    IWOKS
    I don't think this is a real minister, although he claims to be. I have found his link to the sermon & if you click on his "profile" it will take you to another page that gives the address where he is "allegedly" the minister. Joel Smith is not black - but white. I also contacted the minister at that church & they say they don't have a minister there by that name & they don't have a parishioner by that name. The "real" minister of the church is black but states that this is not his sermon either. Here is a link to the man who claims it is his sermon. It may be his sermon, but he isn't the minister at the church he says he is. I have also found the same sermon accredited to ministers in VA & KY. Which is it? I think the man is simply writing his opinion, trying to put political statements to his biblical texts. But, I can't find a Minister that looks like this man or even has the same name anywhere in the U.S. Thought you would want to know. http://www.sermoncentral.com/...
  • #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT... 2011/07/26 19:30:27
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +2
    I hope you don't mind me adding more background information Outlaw to put some other things in focus, like the enslavement of the children of Israel from a totally Word based stance.

JOSEPH--How he ended up in Egypt.

Joseph was the next to the youngest son of Jacob (renamed Israel) whom God gave the gift of prophesy to. Joseph would have dreams that foretold the future & his brothers hated him because of them dreams. One of them dreams foretold that his older brothers would one day bow down to him. By regular tradition at that time, it was impossible by virtue of his birth order. When God gives a vision though, the impossible becomes reality.

Joseph's brothers sold him to the Midianites. The Midianites sold him to Potiphar where he ended up a slave. Remember this key piece of information because it is vitally important to the narrative. Joseph no doubt was a good looking man because Potiphar's wife lusted after him & he spurned her advances every time. She could no longer stand him rejecting her advances so she lied to her husband, telling him that Joseph had tried to rape her. That lie landed Joseph in prison but even there he gained favor with his jailors. God's plan was still at work, even though he had to suffer to get to where God had shown him he would be.

On...&&&&&

&

&&

&&&

JOSEPH--How he ended up in Egypt.

One day two of Pharaoh's employees (the baker & wine taster) were thrown in that same prison. They both had dreams & Joseph told them the meaning of their dreams. One of them was to be executed & the other would be restored to his job. Joseph asked the one who would survive to remember him when he was restored to his former position. Some time later Pharaoh had a dream & none of his fortune tellers could interpret it. That is when Joseph was remembered & he told Pharaoh about his experience while in prison. Pharaoh summed to have Joseph brought to him.

Pharaoh told Joseph his dream & Joseph interpreted the fat cow meant 7 years of plenty while the lean cow meant 7 years of famine. Joseph suggested to Pharaoh that a wise person be appointed to oversee a plan that would store up a portion of the grain grown in the land during those 7 years of plenty, so the people wouldn't die during the 7 years of famine. It was at this point when God used Pharaoh to begin to bring Joseph's dream to pass. Pharaoh appointed Joseph to oversee the monumental task that needed to be accomplished. He had been in the pit where his brothers had placed him before selling him into slavery. From the prison where Potiphar's wife's lie had sent him, to the honored place of being the 2nd in command in Egypt.

Guess who ended up coming to Joseph to buy grain because the famine reached the land where Joseph's family was residing? It was Joseph's brothers who had to humble themselves (bow down before him) in order to get the grain to keep their families from starving. The Lord brought the prophesy to pass (with some twists & unexpected turns). This is how the children of Israel ended up in Egyptland. Years down the road a Pharaoh rose up who didn't know Joseph, what he had done for the people of Egypt & that is the juncture where the children of Israel became slaves.

This is why I wanted everyone to remember the part where Joseph was sold into slavery. Scripture tells us in the New Testament, "Be not deceived, God is not mocked; for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery so the seed they sowed had to produce a harvest. It did, many years down the road.

The story of Joseph & his family can be a reminder to all of us that no matter what we do in life; whether for good or for bad will come back as a harvest. If God has given you a vision you'll have to suffer some struggles on your way to having it fulfilled. Your attitude & faithfulness during that struggling time will have a great bearing on your life. God is faithful though & he will be with you in the pit of your life, during your "prison" time when it seems that life isn't fair until he elevates you to YOUR palace."
  • scbluesman13 2011/07/26 18:51:58
    scbluesman13
    +3
    Thanks for posting this Outlaw. I remember seeing this supposed sermon emerge several years ago right after Obama was elected, but no author was attached to it, nor was it sourced anywhere. It appeared much like a chain letter. No mention of the Pastor, the name of the church or the date in which this sermon was delivered. Sounds pretty fishy to me. Good job debunking it on it's theological merits though.
  • twocrows 2011/07/26 05:01:04
    twocrows
    +4
    another problem I have with the sermon [if, indeed, it is real - and the fact that it's on the internet makes it suspect] is yet another lie - - he blames Obama for our educational system.
    WHAT?????
    public education has been around for well over a century. yet, it's "Obama's government" that created it and is "doling it out"? seriously?
    wow-- Obama is SO powerful! he was born in 1961. he then traveled back to the time when our education system was created in order to overthrow the government.

just goes to show you - you can't trust that Obama feller. after all. his name is weird. his skin color is weird and his daddy came from somewhere else. what does THAT tell us?
    that he can time travel.
    xxxxx
    on a serious note: I keep seeing the far right bash our education system. it seems that they'd be perfectly happy to abolish it. what does that tell us about their hope for this nation?

I know what it tells me - and it's not pretty.
  • outlaw twocrows 2011/07/26 13:26:58
    outlaw
    +4
    I agree 100% with everything you said, my friend. =0)
  • Usti Waya BN-0 2011/07/26 03:11:59
    Usti Waya BN-0
    +4
    Thanks for getting the truth out, Outlaw. Some of us enjoy seeing the truth in print!
  • outlaw Usti Wa... 2011/07/26 03:25:14
    outlaw
    +3
    It was my pleasure my sweet friend.
  • #Justic... Usti Wa... 2011/07/26 03:50:14
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +3
    AMEN & I am praising God he used OUR friend.
  • #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT... 2011/07/26 02:50:53
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +4
    Dang Outlaw, you beat me to the punch. I'm not mad though cuz the truth had to be told & God decided to use you. Thank you Lord. The Apostle Paul told Timothy "Study to show thyself approved unto God; a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." You have provided the proper FULL CONTEXT for these important biblical truths.

The manipulation of God's Word by whomever authored the sermon to achieve political ends is disgraceful.
  • outlaw #Justic... 2011/07/26 02:56:40
    outlaw
    +4
    You are so right my dear friend!
  • Not Einstein 2011/07/26 02:40:48
    Not Einstein
    +6
    Excellent, outlaw!

• outlaw Not Ein... 2011/07/26 02:47:32
    outlaw
    +5
    Thank you. If it can't be verified, there must be a reason.
  • #Justic... outlaw 2011/07/26 02:52:19
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +5
    I'd venture to say the reason is because somebody decided to manipulate God's Word for political purposes.

2014/09/22 22:22:31